Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who asked about Lamberto Sanfelice: as an Italian I didn't hear about him prior to those photos of him and Charlotte. I read that he won the last Sundance festival with the second film he shot 'Cloro', produced by Ginevra Elkann, that is Beatrice' s sister in law, and that he was introduced to Chalotte by Beatrice. He' s a Neapolitan aristocrat whose full name's Don (Lord) Lamberto Sanfelice di Monteforte of the Duches of Bagnoli. Maybe maman Caroline is happy now. ;)

Ginevra is not Beatrices' sister in law but of sister Lavinia (wife of John Elkann).

To those who asked about Lamberto Sanfelice: as an Italian I didn't hear about him prior to those photos of him and Charlotte. I read that he won the last Sundance festival with the second film he shot 'Cloro', produced by Ginevra Elkann, that is Beatrice' s sister in law, and that he was introduced to Chalotte by Beatrice. He' s a Neapolitan aristocrat whose full name's Don (Lord) Lamberto Sanfelice di Monteforte of the Duches of Bagnoli. Maybe maman Caroline is happy now. ;)
A hipster looking director is actually an Italian aristocrat. It is a nice development.

:previous: I agree. On paper perhaps Sanfelice is more "appropriate" for Charlotte, but the existence of Gad and Charlotte's baby son complicates everything. Even with an amicable split between Gad and Charlotte(assuming there is one) Raphael's innocent little life will suffer some disruption, and that is sad.:sad:

I wish for Charlotte the best. Nevertheless none of us had ever the impression that Gad and Charlotte will last, and that it is a relation for life, like for her brothers. So it is normal for a young woman to move on.
Especially for a rich, beautiful and highly social than her.

Raphael will not be the first child and unfortunately not the last growing up with divorced parents. These things happen. Do not forget that Charlotte grew up without her father.

Sorry but divorce and death are completely different things.

Am I ever possible to mean that it is the same? Ι just said that if the parents divorce will always be next to their children.

I bought "ChiW magazine this morning and there are more pics and info about Charlotte and Lamberto... you can see them in the balcony of Sanfelice's flat and walking on the street the day after. I'm not able to upload the pics, sorry....

The article even say that Gad and Charlotte tried to reconcile this past summer but things didn't work and they split in September and now she lives in a new apartment...

Meanwhile, it seems that Gad has a new flirt as well:ermm::whistling:

Charlotte Casiraghi in love con Lamberto Sanfelice, ma anche Gad Elmaleh si consola - Tgcom24

If their relationship didn't work out, there's no reason for them to stay together and be unhappy. But I agree that the two didn't match. Not for futile reasons as some said, "oh she need to date a hot and young man!"; but Charlotte is a socialite, and Gad is one of the best French actors, he has his own agenda, and wouldn't get used to the lifestyle to party and have peach tea that Charlotte has. Propably she wanted a full-time father, and a man who adored her all the time, but he has more things to do than pose for pictures and turn around her life as if she were the sun..

I think it's just wrong a when the children are placed in the middle of the parents fight. For example, when the mother forbids the father to see his children for tantrum. This does not seem to be the case for Gad and Charlotte.

Divorces happen, are normal, is not the end of the world.

mandy187 why do you insist that it is some sort of exclusive "Grimaldi trait" to have unstable, unhealthy relationships? Andrea and Pierre have been with the same partner for close to a decade. Albert and Charlene seem as content as they have ever been, and they have been together since about 2006.

Caroline seemed to desperately seek stability in her love life but it was not to be. Stephanie, admittedly is/was in a league of her own.

But statistically speaking the Grimaldis are not much different than the Windsors(as far as divorce and affairs) and people don't accuse them of being notoriously unstable in relationships so why the Grimaldis...where does this myth come from?

Just curious:ermm:.

Maybe Caroline was just an unfortunate woman, but she don't seem to have a very bright choice of partners. She be married to Vincent was understandable because she was young, and people at that age make mistakes.

Now it appears that she never learned from the mistakes. Probably with age she calmed down or decided to have a fairly low profile in her love life, but when she was young, like her daughter, passed from man to man, and she hadn't the best of reputations, was known for seducing others husband ... Besides being a party girl.

About Charlotte, in particular, I just think it's wrong people who skip from man to man. This shows emotionally needy people who are not ready for a relationship and are projecting the own needs in others, like a kid. It is obvious that while she stay living for her guys, and continue to be defined by her boyfriends, her relationships will never work.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for Charlotte's brothers. Andrea does seem to be a stable, loyal partner... And so does Pierre? Maybe also significant they took the step to get married and Charlotte didn't.

Yeah, I agree. :) The boys seem more stable than her. Perhaps the unstable love life is something of the women of the family? Pierre, Andrea and Albert have their past of parties, specially the last one. Besides Albert's marriage to Charlene being just convenient, he at least he didn't have a thousand wives, neither chose any of extremely tacky gold diggers that he dated before, to be his princess. Andrea seems a good husband, and Pierre ... in spite of everything, Beatrice seems happy, and they dated for a long time, so she knew where she was going when she married him.

Last edited:
If their relationship didn't work out, there's no reason for them to stay together and be unhappy. But I agree that the two didn't match. Not for futile reasons as some said, "oh she need to date a hot and young man!"; but Charlotte is a socialite, and Gad is one of the best French actors, he has his own agenda, and wouldn't get used to the lifestyle to party and have peach tea that Charlotte has. Propably she wanted a full-time father, and a man who adored her all the time, but he has more things to do than pose for pictures and turn around her life as if she were the sun..

I think it's just wrong a when the children are placed in the middle of the parents fight. For example, when the mother forbids the father to see his children for tantrum. This does not seem to be the case for Gad and Charlotte.

Divorces happen, are normal, is not the end of the world.

Maybe Caroline was just an unfortunate woman, but she don't seem to have a very bright choice of partners. She be married to Vincent was understandable because she was young, and people at that age make mistakes.

Now it appears that she never learned from the mistakes. Probably with age she calmed down or decided to have a fairly low profile in her love life, but when she was young, like her daughter, passed from man to man, and she hadn't the best of reputations, was known for seducing others husband ... Besides being a party girl.

About Charlotte, in particular, I just think it's wrong people who skip from man to man. This shows emotionally needy people who are not ready for a relationship and are projecting the own needs in others, like a kid. It is obvious that while she stay living for her guys, and continue to be defined by her boyfriends, her relationships will never work.

Yeah, I agree. :) The boys seem more stable than her. Perhaps the unstable love life is something of the women of the family? Pierre, Andrea and Albert have their past of parties, specially the last one. Besides Albert's marriage to Charlene being just convenient, he at least he didn't have a thousand wives, neither chose any of extremely tacky gold diggers that he dated before, to be his princess. Andrea seems a good husband, and Pierre ... in spite of everything, Beatrice seems happy, and they dated for a long time, so she knew where she was going when she married him.

I have to agree with that, unfortunately. Whenever she leaves from a relationship, she never has some time for herself.

Thanks, Tosca for the info :flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
The new supposed friend of Charlotte Casiragh seems to be [FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Don Lamberto Sanfelice di Monteforte, Patrizio Napoletano, Nobile dei Duchi di Bagnoli.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]The Sanfelices are an illustrious noble family originating in Naples and the Two Sicilies. The most known gentleman is Don Pierluigi Sanfelice di Bagnoli, who is an official during the annual ceremony of San Gennaro in which the Archbishop of Naples tries to make the Saint's blood fluent again. When it happens: Don Pierluigi waves in acclaim, to the relief of all Napoliteans in the cathedral: see picture.[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]

The Palazzo Spagnolo di Sanfelice will be restored and brought back in old splendour (very much needed). It palazzo is inside Naples' cramped inner-city and has a remarkable stairway: see picture.
http://www.yoox.com/US/41487415/item?tp=11227&tskay=3FD17CD7&dept=men&cod10=41487415
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hmmm... interesting. She found somebody with an "equal" background as hers.
I am wondering, if they speak in Italian or English or does he know french?

I have no answer for your question, although I've never heard of Charlotte speaking a word of italian, in contrast to her brothers, who both are fluent. I still remember that her granny, Fernanda, once said in an interview that Charlotte was ver "shy" with the language... I don't know what she meant though.

I don't even know whether Sanfelice speak a fluent English, but I presume that since he is living in France now, he must at least know some basics of the french language...

I have no answer for your question, although I've never heard of Charlotte speaking a word of italian, in contrast to her brothers, who both are fluent. I still remember that her granny, Fernanda, once said in an interview that Charlotte was ver "shy" with the language... I don't know what she meant though.

I don't even know whether Sanfelice speak a fluent English, but I presume that since he is living in France now, he must at least know some basics of the french language...

Haha, that makes it funny somehow :p
I remember that she had said in an interview that she can understand Italian and speak some of it, but she is shy..
Well, she could "exploit" the chance of learning some Italian with him.

About five years ago Charlotte gave an interview where she admitted that she speaks and understands Italian but is "very shy" in the language, which led me to believe that she was not as comfortable in Italian as her brothers are.

But that was five years ago. She is a very smart girl who spends lots of time in Italy due to her work obligations for Gucci. She might be fully fluent now. And if the rumors are true, she also might be more motivated to perfect her Italian these days.:cool:

I'm really sorry but an old Italian aristocratic family like this Don Sanfelice or to Borromeos are not equal to the Grimaldis, they are much higher. From her dad Charlotte is from a middle class new rich level, and from her mother, Grace Kelly was socially nothing special. She had some drops of aristocratic blood only from Pcs Rainier.
Italian aristocracy has a background of 500 hundred years of excellence, not comparable to the Grimaldis.

The dynasty of the Grimaldi is reigning on Monaco since 700 hundred years and it is a principauty. This man is perhaps a aristocratic man but not a prince and his family is not reigning, there is no comparaison. Charlotte is the granddaughter of a prince sovereign Rainier III

:previous:

Agreed, the Borromeos and Sanfelices of the world are interesting from a historical point of view but a reigning dynasty is a reigning dynasty. Also the Grimaldis are not a slouch in the net worth department.

I think a way to judge "equality" in a very objective way is to see which half of the couple would benefit more from the relationship. Charlotte is the niece of Prince Albert, a reigning monarch, to say her family is well-connected is a huge understatement. In her own right, she generates a lot of media interest, is featured in ad campaigns of luxury brands.

If they ever decide to benefit from each other, career-wise, it would be Lamberto Sanfelice who would gain more from the relationship. This makes them unequal, imo, but tilting in favor of Sanfelice.

I'm really sorry but an old Italian aristocratic family like this Don Sanfelice or to Borromeos are not equal to the Grimaldis, they are much higher. From her dad Charlotte is from a middle class new rich level, and from her mother, Grace Kelly was socially nothing special. She had some drops of aristocratic blood only from Pcs Rainier.
Italian aristocracy has a background of 500 hundred years of excellence, not comparable to the Grimaldis.

Well, I understand to say such things about the Casiraghis being noveau riches, and even the Kellys, but the Grimaldi are as important or even more high than the Italian aristrocacy, since they are a reiging house, and a old disnaty.

But I agree that particularly in Charlotte case, she has just a little of noble blood. But in the end of the day, she's the daughter of a princess. Anyway, anyone know Lamberto parents? Maybe he is not very high in the family.

The new supposed friend of Charlotte Casiragh seems to be [FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Don Lamberto Sanfelice di Monteforte, Patrizio Napoletano, Nobile dei Duchi di Bagnoli.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]The Sanfelices are an illustrious noble family originating in Naples and the Two Sicilies. The most known gentleman is Don Pierluigi Sanfelice di Bagnoli, who is an official during the annual ceremony of San Gennaro in which the Archbishop of Naples tries to make the Saint's blood fluent again. When it happens: Don Pierluigi waves in acclaim, to the relief of all Napoliteans in the cathedral: see picture.[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]

The Palazzo Spagnolo di Sanfelice will be restored and brought back in old splendour (very much needed). It palazzo is inside Naples' cramped inner-city and has a remarkable stairway: see picture.
http://www.yoox.com/US/41487415/item?tp=11227&tskay=3FD17CD7&dept=men&cod10=41487415
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Well, so Lamberto is the heir, or just a minor member of a older dinasty, like Beatrice?

Their behavior was not aristocratic at all.
Such as Caroline with her tennis player before Princess Grace passed away.

Aristocrats have always behaved exactly as they pleased, so yes, their behaviour is perfectly in keeping.

The dynasty of the Grimaldi is reigning on Monaco since 700 hundred years and it is a principauty. This man is perhaps a aristocratic man but not a prince and his family is not reigning, there is no comparaison. Charlotte is the granddaughter of a prince sovereign Rainier III

Euh... to be fair, in reality Albert is a De Polignac as his paternal grandfather was Pierre, Comte de Polignac whom abstained his title and surname for the surname Grimaldi, the titles Prince de Monaco and Duc de Valentinois as well the predicate Son Altesse Sérénissime. Charlotte may be the granddaughter of Rainier de Polignac, pardon, Ranier Grimaldi, but she herself is just Miss Casiraghi, if we go on that way.

The Borromeos and the Sanfelices have "delivered" grand military, statesmen and cardinals and both families still continue in the original male lineage, which can not be said from the Grimaldis, despite claims as "the dynasty is 700 years old".

The documented nobility of the Sanfelices actually is older than that of the Grimaldis: 1018 Count of Sanfelice, 1230 Count of Corigliano, 1570 Count of Bagnoli sul Trigno (Duke since 1625), 1609 Duke of Rodi, 1637 Duke of Lauriano, 1646 Prince of Monteverde, 1658 Duke of San Cipriano, 1795 Duke of Acquavella, 1891 Prince of Viggiano.

[...]

Well, so Lamberto is the heir, or just a minor member of a older dinasty, like Beatrice?

The current Duke is Don Fabio Sanfelice, 14th Duke of Bagnoli, 13th Duke of San Cipriano, etc. He is 72 years old. There are a lot of heirs but all old and without male issue:
- Don Aslan Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 71 years old - no issue
- Don Nicola Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 77 years old - no issue
- Don Fabio Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 73 years old - no issue
1 Don Francesco Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 38 years old, no issue
- Don Mario Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 63 years old - no issue
- Don Pietro Sanfelice di Monteforte, Marquess of Monteforte, 77 years old, no male issue
- Don Luciano Sanfelice di Monteforte, 75 years old
2 - Don Giovanni Sanfelice di Monteforte, he will inherit the title Marquess of Monteforte and maybe also those of Duke of Bagnoli, Duke of San Cipriano etc.
- Don Giorgio Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 71 years old
3 - Don Antonio Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 42 years old - no issue
4 - Don Lamberto Sanfelice di Bagnoli, 41 years old - no issue

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many aristocrats, royals, princes have changed their names in order to continue their line with the same name. The Grimaldis are not alone - the current Duke of Alba should be a Martínez de Irujo not a Fitzjames Stuart.

The dynasty is 700 years old - fact not claim.

Anyway, it's not a competition.

No, it is not a competition but we know that Dand P does not appreciat the Grimaldi family but the Grimaldi are reigning since 700 years, the princes of Monaco are reigning directly since the traite de Perone , the history of Monaco and their princes are as great as the other monarchies. The history of Monaco is tied with France and other princes of Europe, the Grimaldi family is the oldest reigning family of Europa and the people of Monaco are very proud of their history. Prince Albert is not only reigning but also governing
The italian aristocrates could have cardinals or princes in their families but now, they are are no more reigning, and Italia is a republic.

We could call William Alexander of Niederland William Alexander Von Amsberg.

The list of the San Felice is very little near the list of the princes of Monaco since 700 years and you cannot deny it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rulers_of_Monaco

And the prince of Monaco is the most titled prince in Europa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Monaco

but the subject was not the Grimaldi, it was the relation of Charlotte Casiraghi with her new boy friend, she is free to have new borfriends and the fact his new boyfriend is aristocratic does not excuse her behaviour, she has a little boy and it is a pity she does not think to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom