Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 39: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. I'm more interested in the sexist angle, though.

Let's see, both Elmaleh brothers are in their 40's, single, never married, and each with two children. If they were women they would be pitied, mocked and scolded. Instead the blame over the love woes of the Elmaleh brothers gets shifted to their children's mothers. Charlotte, Anne, and Virginie are clearly spoiled, immature, and unable to cope with successful men. These fickle women need to make changes in their lives and start putting their children first, right now they aren't marriage material! :shifty:

If only Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie had penises, I think they would get very different treatment over their personal lives.

well, I agree with your statements.

But I must say I never criticized Stephanie, and I have some criticism of Caroline. Not particularly to the number of marriages that she had, but more about some behaviors that I think hypocritical, but I dont want to comment here because it is not a thread about her.

I already stated that if Charlotte or any woman is not happy, should never stay in a relationship. And I think that marriage is not that important. But I respect those who have a less liberal view, besides disagree.

About Charlotte, I already stated what I think of her before, she's immature, not because of the relationship with Gad, but the overall behavior
Everyone have a history, and she's not a 17 year old girl, but a woman of 30 with a son, but she still behaves like a teenager. Moreover, it seems that the care for the son is the responsibility of the nannies while she makes parties in Yachts and go to mass parties, as if the boy were a doll that could turn on and off.

I don't know what to think of it, to be honest. Because it may be that she is a super loving and devoted mother in intimate life, as we see only part of her routine. In addition, every woman deserves some time to herself. I am not of those who believes that when women has a child, motherhood makes a saint who does not have personal life. But I can not help commenting that Tatiana, as a mother seems much more present and connected to their children.

I think she's fickle not only in her love life, but in all aspects of her life. I saw some other people also were not only criticizing her love life, but as this was the issue that was at hand, the criticism was directed to her relationship with Gad.

besides, I have not seen anyone commented that Virginia or other ex-wife of Gad and his brother were immature, on the contrary, someone commented that Gad was known to be unstable, and that this was probably one of the reasons for the relationship end.

Well, to be honest there was never a "Casiraghi Trio" except on Royal message boards. The siblings always had a loosely connected network of friends and lovers from the world of high society in which they exist, but they were rarely together as a unit except at ceremonial events in the Principality. Andrea and Tatiana were off on their own and so were Pierre and Beatrice for years. Charlotte was with Felix for a time, then Dellal for about four years, and lately with Gad. They(the Casi's) didn't really hang out together.

I do agree with you that seeing her brothers settled and married might have prompted Charlotte to start rearranging her own life and priorities. She will have her landmark big 3-0 next summer. Perhaps she wants to build a more committed family of her own with a husband and more children?

I think you are right when you say there were never casiraghi trio, it was just a term used to refer to the three children of Caroline in the forums.

However, although they do not exactly go to parties together, wasn't Tatiana who presented Charlotte to her ex boyfriend, Alex? Moreover, it seems that the Italian count Lamberto was presented by Beatrice, in an event. And Tatiana was introduced to Andrea through Eugenie, that friend of Charlotte of teenager years?

It may be that they don't party together all the time, but they are sibilings who have a strong connection, even behind the scenes.

The other explanation is as the cycle of rich jet setters is too small, everyone ends up getting to know everyone in a point? :huh:

Last edited:
Moreover, it seems that the care for the son is the responsibility of the nannies while she makes parties in Yachts and go to mass parties, as if the boy were a doll that could turn on and off.

I see a lot more pictures of Charlotte and Raphaël than I see of Gad and Raphaël. Even when the three were seen together, Raphaël was almost always next to his mom instead of his dad. Yet, people in this thread seem to only question Charlotte's parental devotion. I would venture to guess that Charlotte is the more active parent even with her "jet-setting". I'm sure Anne is the primary caretaker of Noé, too. But let's criticize the woman for depending on nannies. Oy vey.

About Charlotte, I already stated what I think of her before, she's immature, not because of the relationship with Gad, but the overall behavior
Everyone have a history, and she's not a 17 year old girl, but a woman of 30 with a son, but she still behaves like a teenager. Moreover, it seems that the care for the son is the responsibility of the nannies while she makes parties in Yachts and go to mass parties, as if the boy were a doll that could turn on and off.

I don't know what to think of it, to be honest. Because it may be that she is a super loving and devoted mother in intimate life, as we see only part of her routine. In addition, every woman deserves some time to herself. I am not of those who believes that when women has a child, motherhood makes a saint who does not have personal life. But I can not help commenting that Tatiana, as a mother seems much more present and connected to their children.

I think she's fickle not only in her love life, but in all aspects of her life. I saw some other people also were not only criticizing her love life, but as this was the issue that was at hand, the criticism was directed to her relationship with Gad.

besides, I have not seen anyone commented that Virginia or other ex-wife of Gad and his brother were immature, on the contrary, someone commented that Gad was known to be unstable, and that this was probably one of the reasons for the relationship end.

Well, I gotta admit that I am amazed that one can judge a mother's relationship {or in this case lack of one] with her child based on some photos.

Whose to say that Raphael is not with his father when Charlotte is away. Sometimes that is the case when parents have separated and have joint custody of a child.

And what's wrong with nannies? It's not like Charlotte is leaving her child alone while she goes out. Are single mothers not entitled to have a social life at all? It's not like the baby is crawling out in the street while his mother parties away.

And how do you know that Tatiana is a better mother...while she has a presence in the press...I think more people know of Tatiana because of Andrea and not the other way....so basically no one is really reporting on her activities.

I am just really amazed that Charlotte is being considered a neglectful mother because she has apparently moved on or goes out with out her son. I tell you what...I would rather see Charlotte at a fashion show than Charlotte and her son at a fashion show (i.e. North West).

https://instagram.com/p/-MJX3jzRdV/
I do not know if I have the right to repost this picture.
From instagram, a page following Charlotte.
Credit: Dailycharlottecasiraghi
I do not like the guy. One thing is sure for Charlotte. She never chooses handsome guys

:previous: Charlotte looks happy with her new man. I hope their relationship flourishes.

Hello, everyone. I was a member of these forums sometime ago. I left because of the too rigid rules about off-topics and rumours that made it simply no fun anymore, but lately I've been keeping an eye on this thread again and the sexist turn this conversation is taking made me so indignant that I just had to register again.

I am simply amazed by the way some of you people state that Charlotte should not be in a new relationship simply because she is a mother of a young child. While I agree that she seems inmature and needy in her way of jumping from man to man as if she couldn't stand to be on her own, and I find quite sad the fact that she seems to change personality to accomodate that of the man she shares her life with, I frankly don't get what does the fact of being a mother have to do in all this.

I'm really shocked by the way people critizise her because she's been seen going out once in a while without the kid, who had to stay with nannies. Or by those who say that the kid should be right now her absolute priority.

I'd like to explain, FYI, that this poor abandoned child has also a FATHER. A father that, as far as we know, has been in the USA for around a month and will stay there until january or february. A father who shares 50% of the responsabilty of caring for the kid. And I haven't seen a single post on this forum about it.

Nobody thinks that the child should be Gad's absolute priority? That he should be with him? That it is wrong to go on tour for so many months when you have such a young child? As far as I know Gad is already a rich man. He doesn't need to keep working. He does it only as a personal satisfaction. Shouldn't he put on hold his whole life to take care of his son? Or is it Charlotte who is under that obligation because she is a woman?

Whether a young kid should spend most of his time with his parents or whether it is fair for him being taken care of by nannies is an entire different debate.
But in the case the nanny solution is wrong, the fault should lay in both parents, man and woman, since both are equally responsible for the wellbeing of the kid. Bashing the woman and only the woman because she leaves her son in the hands of a nanny is utterly unacceptable.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. I was a member of these forums sometime ago. I left because of the too rigid rules about off-topics and rumours that made it simply no fun anymore, but lately I've been keeping an eye on this thread again and the sexist turn this conversation is taking made me so indingnant that I just had to register again.

I am simply amazed by the way some of you people state that Charlotte should not be in a new relationship simply because she is a mother of a young child. While I agree that she seems inmature and needy in her way of jumping from man to man as if she couldn't stand to be on her own, and I find quite sad the fact that she seems to change personality to accomodate that of the man she shares her life with, I frankly don't get what does the fact of being a mother have to do in all this.

I'm really shocked by the way people critizise her because she's been seen going out once in a while without the kid, who had to stay with nannies. Or by those who say that the kid should be right now her absolute priority.

I'd like to explain, FYI, that this poor abandoned child has also a FATHER. A father, that as far as we know, has been in the USA for around a month and will stay there until january or february. A father who shares 50% of the responsabilty of caring for the kid. And I haven't seen a single post on this forum about it.

Nobody thinks that the child should be Gad's absolute priority? That he should be with him? That it is wrong to go on tour for so many months when you have such a young child? As far as I know Gad is already a rich man. He doesn't need to keep working. He does it only as a personal satisfaction. Shouldn't he put on hold his whole life to take care of his son? Or is it Charlotte who is under that obligation because she is a woman?

Whether a young kid should spend most of his time with is parents or whether it is fair for him being taken care of by nannies is an entire different debate.
But in the case the nanny solution is wrong, the fault should lay in both parents, man and woman, since both are equaly responsible for the wellbeing of the kid. Bashing the woman and only the woman because she leaves her son in the hands of a nanny is utterly unacceptable.

Completely agree.

Hi to all of you. :flowers: I have not written anything here for a long time.
I do not think Charlotte has to be judged - she was just not as lucky as her brothers to meet the right person. I mean both Tatiana and Beatrice are good respectfully for Andrea and Pierre. About Charlotte - I did not like any of her boyfriends at all. Felix, Alex, Gad - they all seemed unsympathetic to me. I was even surprised that so many people here like Felix.
I do not think that Charlotte wanted to change Gad. I think she got pregnant because she thought that this was the right time for her. I expected that she would have a child at the age of 27 for years since Grace, Caroline and Stephanie all had their first child at that age. I think that I first pointed out this fact in the forum - that all of them had their first child at the age of 27. Charlotte as well. When she was 27 it happened that she was with Gad hence he became the father of her child. He was not the love of her life and she knew it even back then, but she wanted to have a child. So she did. Of course, when she got pregnant she had passionate feelings for Gad, but they completely disappeared after the child was born. It is mainly his fault for that because he went to a tour for months leaving his pregnant girlfriend alone. And then... I guess they stayed together for so long for the sake of the child.
Another thing why I think Charlotte should not be judged so harshly. Her only serious relationship so far was with Gad since she has a child with him. Felix and Alex - they do not count - she was neither married to them, nor she has children with them. They were simply her boyfriends.

I think Alex was serious. She was with him for almost 5 years (her longest relationship) and she spent a good chunk of time in London because that's where he lives. According to your criteria, Princess Caroline and Vincent Lindon weren't a serious relationship.

I agree that Felix was just a teenage boyfriend. She probably didn't put much stock in that relationship.

Last edited:
Just because she didn't have children with her previous relationships, doesn't mean they were not serious, committed relationships.

That said, I find it fascinating so many seem to be able to pinpoint exactly why Charlotte has yet to settle down, or how she fares as a mother. Nobody knows her, you don't speak to her or with people close to her.

Speculating is fine, but I get uncomfortable when speculations are being stated as facts.

Just because she didn't have children with her previous relationships, doesn't mean they were not serious, committed relationships.

That said, I find it fascinating so many seem to be able to pinpoint exactly why Charlotte has yet to settle down, or how she fares as a mother. Nobody knows her, you don't speak to her or with people close to her.

Speculating is fine, but I get uncomfortable when speculations are being stated as facts.

I just find it interesting that she doesn't seem to have any "down time" between her relationships and she's similar to her mother in that (and many thousands of other women). As you say, we don't know her so we don't know her thoughts, emotions, reasoning... I get the impression (and that's all it is) that she doesn't quite know who she wants to be - and I get that just because she seems to adapt her behaviour and occupations according to the man she's with. I accept I could be totally wrong and she just is lucky enough to try out lots of different things.

As to her parenting abilities I don't know but she certainly seems an invested and loving mother from all the photos published. She is a wealthy young woman, so she's lucky and can have nannies to help her when she needs time to be "not just a mother".

I agree 100% with you....:) We simply don't know the Truth...

WEll, to me this is a gossip forum where appropriate speculation is allowed.

I am disappointed that it appears her relationship with Gad is over. I really like him. Funny men make the best companions imo.

Actually I am not at all surprised that Charlotte and Gad´s relationship seems to be over. They looked mismatched to me since the very beginning. Not only their age gap, which doesn´t have to be a problem necessarily, but two totally different worlds. Moreover, Gad always seemed to me a free spirit, not willing to make any commitment. When Charlotte was pregnant and he stated that the marriage wasn´t the plan, it didn´t sound well and trustworthily. I don´t think Charlotte is immature or promiscuous, but I think she was taken in by experienced playboy as her mother in her first marriage. I hope her relationship with the new man will be happier.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to speculate here, but is it just me or does this picture from today make Charlotte look pregnant?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5417b908268504c0a006ec20d9d2a524/tumblr_ny2ap5DkJ61rmjti5o1_500.png

Maybe it's just her (bad) posture, but it reminds me of when she was pregnant with Raphael.
I thought the same when I saw the picture! :eek:

Actually I am not at all surprised that Charlotte and Gad´s relationship seems to be over. They looked mismatched to me since the very beginning. Not only their age gap, which doesn´t have to be a problem necessarily, but two totally different worlds. Moreover, Gad always seemed to me a free spirit, not willing to make any commitment. When Charlotte was pregnant and he stated that the marriage wasn´t the plan, it didn´t sound well and trustworthily. I don´t think Charlotte is immature or promiscuous, but I think she was taken in by experienced playboy as her mother in her first marriage. I hope her relationship with the new man will be happier.
I agree, they just do not look compatible. There are, however, royals who do look compatible, for example, Felipe and Letizia, Pierre and Beatrice (not a big fan of her) look like made for each other.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is appropriate to speculate here, but is it just me or does this picture from today make Charlotte look pregnant?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5417b908268504c0a006ec20d9d2a524/tumblr_ny2ap5DkJ61rmjti5o1_500.png

Maybe it's just her (bad) posture, but it reminds me of when she was pregnant with Raphael.

I noticed her pics at the National Day and I also have the impression of her pregnancy. For instance the way she holds her belly reminds me a similar move of when she was pregnant with Raphael (at the Jumping of Monaco).

Interesting scenario, just after a split and a new lover. Wait and see.

Char and her new boyfriend arrived in Rome today. It seems she often goes to Rome, the last pics i posted from them were also taken in Rome.

It suddenly makes sense why she spent so much time in Rome in September.

Well, I gotta admit that I am amazed that one can judge a mother's relationship {or in this case lack of one] with her child based on some photos.

Whose to say that Raphael is not with his father when Charlotte is away. Sometimes that is the case when parents have separated and have joint custody of a child.

And what's wrong with nannies? It's not like Charlotte is leaving her child alone while she goes out. Are single mothers not entitled to have a social life at all? It's not like the baby is crawling out in the street while his mother parties away.

And how do you know that Tatiana is a better mother...while she has a presence in the press...I think more people know of Tatiana because of Andrea and not the other way....so basically no one is really reporting on her activities.

I am just really amazed that Charlotte is being considered a neglectful mother because she has apparently moved on or goes out with out her son. I tell you what...I would rather see Charlotte at a fashion show than Charlotte and her son at a fashion show (i.e. North West).

Tatiana can act like an evil stepphmother who lock her children in a tower, but she doen't seem so. Of course in this statement, I'm being ironic.

So read my post again, I think there's no need to repeat everything again. I never stated something as an absolut truth. Another possibility was taken into account. Charlotte is a public person, so we don´t know what happen besides closed doors. But it's annoying when someone exclude some elements and undesrtand what one want's to see. I never said I think it's wrong to use nannies. I particularly was raised by nannies.
(And I have more affection for my first nanny than for mother, to be honest).

But it seems, while Charlotte is dating and partying, her son is with the nannies. Is that particular behavior that I find annoying. Charlotte doesn't have a job, just hobbies, so no urgent responsibilities. I don't think she has to be with the child at all time, however. But she seen repeating some patterns that I particularty have experienced.

The same thing with the feminism stuff. It can be conservatism and chauvinism on the part of other members, but may be other reasons. How can someone judge others straightly?
This thread is to discuss Charlotte, so makes sense people to focus more on her than in Gad.

Not everyone stated what they think exclusively of Gad as a father.

I don't wanna talk about him, simply because I don't know enough about Gad. I mean, I know details about Monaco family, but if i say sometihing about Gad, bad or good, i can be completly unjust.

But I paticularly agree that he, as a father, has as much responsibility as the mother. I don't think there is any gender privilege. I don't blame Charlotte for the end of the relationship, and I do not think she's promiscuous. And if she were, I particularly wouldn't care to be honest. But analyzing about her as a whole. yes, I think she's immature.

But immaturity is something temporary. She can mature, or perhaps never.
I'm just amazed because a girl in her age and status, in my opinion, should have acomplised bigger things in her personal life, besides to parties and modeling.

Last edited:
I don't think he's surprised. I think she wanted a child and it was always clear that she would be the partner who would have to juggle everyday life. Charlotte could already see when looking at his older son that Gad would never be a 'normal' father, moving to the suburbs and changing the nappies. He's a free & creative spirit.

Charlotte strikes me of very immature too, I am sure having a kid with Gad had to do with everybody else around her settling down (in much more stable relationships) and she wanted to have her share of the 'grown up' cake too.

My prediction is that the italian guy will only be the first of many lookalikes to come, Charlotte seems restless and unable to stay on her own to take a breath & reflect.

Perhaps she dreams of an italian great aristocratic wedding as her brother's ??

Charlotte like any Charlotte in the world who looses her father at a very young age will have more problems finding the right man. Most often they end up with older men . This woman being in the spot light since age 0 will have more stress than others to fulfil the dream of ideal family...i just wish her all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom