Charlotte Casiraghi And Athina Onassis Roussel

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Horseygal said:
Didn't she get married this weekend?

Athina is going to marry tomorrow (December 03, Saturday)
I can´t wait to thee the next weeks magazines :)

Farah Monaco said:
Athina is going to marry tomorrow (December 03, Saturday)
I can´t wait to thee the next weeks magazines :)

She did marry, but apparently no pics!!! out of this stolen, source www.hola.com

http://tinypic.com/i6fb7a.jpg
i6fb7a.jpg

To come back to the Charlotte-Athina acquaintence, hereunder two photos from the April 2001 Monaco jumping, those Casiraghi trio was talking about. Both girls do not appear to communicate.
http://tinypic.com/i6fbso.jpg
i6fbso.jpg

http://tinypic.com/i6fby8.jpg
i6fby8.jpg

Source of both : Corbis

Both girls do not appear to communicate.

Sort of hereditary jealousy? I read that Christina O was sooo jealous of Caroline.:confused:

If I recognise Athina, I think they don't talk because they're not on the same row. (I'm saying they're friends, but that doesn't mean they're a rift btwn them).

ps: I'm new :)

mari said:
If I recognise Athina, I think they don't talk because they're not on the same row. (I'm saying they're friends, but that doesn't mean they're a rift btwn them).

ps: I'm new :)

Welcome mari.

IMO there is not any reason to these two girls to be neither friends nor ennemis. Their grandfathers used to be friends and partners, before to get angry:mad: , but that's it! Athina's grandfather died more than ten years before her birth, and she roughely remembers her mother:( , so why she should feel close to the Grimaldis?

Charlotte grew up in Monaco-Saint Remy-Fontainebleau and Athina near Morges in Vaud-Switzerland and Belgium, why they should be related? They meet eachother in the various horse events, but that's it, nothing else. Charlotte is very friend with Athina's cousins, the Niarchos, but I do not think that Athina is very related to her cousins, I do not think so.
Nobody of the Monaco's has been present to Athina's wedding, and Athina never showed up in any of the Monaco family various events.
I think no any relation exist out of some horse meetings "hello-hello"

Athina has gotten married to Doda. The wedding was Saturday, December 3rd. I posted some details (the very few we know so far) at my new site for Athina: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

There were about 750 guests. I wonder if there were any titled people, aristocratic or royal, in attendance.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Athina has gotten married to Doda. The wedding was Saturday, December 3rd. I posted some details (the very few we know so far) at my new site for Athina: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

There were about 750 guests. I wonder if there were any titled people, aristocratic or royal, in attendance.

I read that people from Monaco went to the wedding (but as for now I don´t know if any royalty came).

The sad part is that Athina´s father did not come to the wedding - the only family member was her half sister Sandrine. (how come a father doesn´t go to the daughter´s marriage?)

Here is the drawn of her wedding dress, from Valentino.

And a few pics from the wedding place.

source: www.estadao.com.br

Attachments

• valentino.jpg
    valentino.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,036
  • athina1.jpg
    athina1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 341
  • athina3.jpg
    athina3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 330
  • athina2.jpg
    athina2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Farah Monaco said:
I read that people from Monaco went to the wedding (but as for now I don´t know if any royalty came).

The sad part is that Athina´s father did not come to the wedding - the only family member was her half sister Sandrine. (how come a father doesn´t go to the daughter´s marriage?)

I read they had a huge fight when she wanted to take control of her fortune when she turned 18. I guess there's still resentment, which is sad.

Yes, it is so sad Thierry wasn't there, but even sadder Gaby didn't go. Gaby and Athina used to be so close, just like real mother and daughter. I'm surprised to hear Sandrine was the only sibling there. Why not Erik and Johanna? Johanna is Athina's darling baby sister. I wonder if the Niarchos and Livanos clans were there. Maybe Princess Haya of Jordan was there too.I have a few more pics from rex that I'm adding on the website athina.casiraghitrio.com

Why would Athina be jeaulous of Charlotte?

Athina is very happy, just married, one of the most rich girls in the world, and seems to be very simple and kind person.

Tosca said:
Both girls do not appear to communicate.

Sort of hereditary jealousy? I read that Christina O was sooo jealous of Caroline.:confused:

mari said:
I read they had a huge fight when she wanted to take control of her fortune when she turned 18. I guess there's still resentment, which is sad.

Yes, Athina sued her father in order to regain power of attorney that he acquired. Now Thierry's faction is trying to discredit her by claiming she is being "used" by Doda. Thierry's faction claim that Athina is acting like a puppet being used by Doda so he can gain control of the money, the same way that people used to say Thierry was manipulating Athina. It's very sad that everyone connected to Athina has an agenda. Thierry tries to gain points by attempting to undermine Doda's influence, but I believe doda is just helping her to overpower Thierry. Doda's motives might not be purely altruistic, but in my opinion, it's all a means to an end.Thierry had to be stopped somehow. He was getting out of control. Still, I do wish Athina could have some sort of relationship with him. It hurts to be so divided from a parent.

Casiraghitrio, Sandrine was the "bride´s best mate" - damn, I forgot the English expression to that). She carried the greek crowns (the marriage had a catholic part and a greek part).

Gaby and Thierry didn´t show up (everybody was waiting to see if he would come by the navy with Athina, but Ricardo Miranda, Doda´s father, lead her to the altar.

I don´t know if Sandrine was really the only relative of Athina there- the information is not very clear- I just read that the president of the Central Bank of Brazil sit in one of the three main tables of the party- at the side of the representants of Onassis family.

I don´t know if the Onassis mentioned is a mistake- and in fact it was meant to be Rouseel- or if the greek curators of Onassis family were there... ?

Sorry if my English sucks!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes, it is so sad Thierry wasn't there, but even sadder Gaby didn't go. Gaby and Athina used to be so close, just like real mother and daughter. I'm surprised to hear Sandrine was the only sibling there. Why not Erik and Johanna? Johanna is Athina's darling baby sister. I wonder if the Niarchos and Livanos clans were there. Maybe Princess Haya of Jordan was there too.I have a few more pics from rex that I'm adding on the website athina.casiraghitrio.com

I forgot to mention that Athina was wearing beautiful diamond earrings (the guests were amazed but the size of the diamonds- wish to see pictures!!). It was said at the newspaper that it must be one of the jewels of Tina or Christina inhereited by Athina. :)

Farah Monaco said:
Casiraghitrio, Sandrine was the "bride´s best mate" - damn, I forgot the English expression to that). She carried the greek crowns (the marriage had a catholic part and a greek part).

Gaby and Thierry didn´t show up (everybody was waiting to see if he would come by the navy with Athina, but Ricardo Miranda, Doda´s father, lead her to the altar.

I don´t know if Sandrine was really the only relative of Athina there- the information is not very clear- I just read that the president of the Central Bank of Brazil sit in one of the three main tables of the party- at the side of the representants of Onassis family.

I don´t know if the Onassis mentioned is a mistake- and in fact it was meant to be Rouseel- or if the greek curators of Onassis family were there... ?

Sorry if my English sucks!

It is possible some of the Onassis people at the wedding included Aristotle's stepsister, Kallioi forgot-her-surname-at-the-moment. She seems to have a fairly good rapport with Athina. I saw that Rodrigo Pessoa was Doda's best man. So Sandrine was Athina's maid of honor. That's nice. How awkward for them to have Sandrine and maybe the other siblings there, but no Gaby, no Thierry. I am not very surprised Thierry was too bitter to show up, but I am a little surprised at Gaby's absence. But I suppose that would have been weird, for Gaby to show up without Thierry. The whole thing is very weird and very tragic. I wish they could reconcile and be a normal, happy clan. It's sad what kind of grief money causes. It divides people so much.
:(

I watched a documentary about Athina some time ago, and one of the interviewed people said that one day Athina would realise who her father was, would get to know how much he made her mother suffer, how he demanded Christina to loose weight and make a millionaire deposit in his bank account in order to marry her, how he cheated on her with Gaby (Eric is almost the same age as Athina) and how he fought to take control of Athina's fortune in spite of her mother's last will. In the same documentary, the reporters are allowed to enter the Roussel's home and Thierry and Gaby make Athina unwillingly talk to them, I tought it was sad for them to expose Athina like that. I think Athina only realised who her father really is, especially when he demaded US $ 100.000.000 from her in order to let her take back the control of her money, which is hers by right. No doubt Thierry loves his daughter and she loves him and they should have just forgotten their differences, since one day they will both regret that Athina did not go down the aisle with her father.
I do not think Charlotte was invited, there were few famous people among the guests, like Rodrigo Pessoa, a Brazilian actress and some well known business people.
CasiraghiTrio, just to clear things out, In Brazil, traditionally, there is no such thing as best man or maid of honour, but couples that are invited as witnesses. In Athina's wedding there were fourteen of them, among them was Rodrigo Pessoa and his wife and a Greek diplomat and his wife. One of Athina's sisters carried the rings, the younger one, I guess.

TO CasigrahiTrio

Your athina website isn't working. Tried to enter the site, but your main.html is blank. DOnt know if you are aware of this.

anap said:
I watched a documentary about Athina some time ago, and one of the interviewed people said that one day Athina would realise who her father was, would get to know how much he made her mother suffer, how he demanded Christina to loose weight and make a millionaire deposit in his bank account in order to marry her, how he cheated on her with Gaby (Eric is almost the same age as Athina) and how he fought to take control of Athina's fortune in spite of her mother's last will. In the same documentary, the reporters are allowed to enter the Roussel's home and Thierry and Gaby make Athina unwillingly talk to them, I tought it was sad for them to expose Athina like that. I think Athina only realised who her father really is, especially when he demaded US $ 100.000.000 from her in order to let her take back the control of her money, which is hers by right. No doubt Thierry loves his daughter and she loves him and they should have just forgotten their differences, since one day they will both regret that Athina did not go down the aisle with her father.
I do not think Charlotte was invited, there were few famous people among the guests, like Rodrigo Pessoa, a Brazilian actress and some well known business people.
CasiraghiTrio, just to clear things out, In Brazil, traditionally, there is no such thing as best man or maid of honour, but couples that are invited as witnesses. In Athina's wedding there were fourteen of them, among them was Rodrigo Pessoa and his wife and a Greek diplomat and his wife. One of Athina's sisters carried the rings, the younger one, I guess.

It's quite disrespectful of Thiery to challenge Christina's will in the first place. Christina didnt trust him so she wrote in her will that her father's 3 closest friends (known as the greybeards) manage Athina's inheritance until she turns 18. Athina should have sued her father for legal fees that were billed to her estate for going to court trying to assume control of her inheritance. She manipulated Athina into giving him control of her asset when she turned 18. I guess at 19 and with Doda's influence, she realized she made the biggest mistake into giving her dad control over her empire that her father is the biggest gold digger of all time so she fought to take back control of her asset and hired lawyers in London. Father wanted more money to give control back to her so she had to shell out 100million or was it 53 million to settle the case. No wonder that Athina didnt want to sign the invitation that was to go out to her father. Thiery probably only took her in because of the money he will get for taking care of her. The entire family live off of Athina's annual allowance. I heard that it is now Andres Lara Resende who's handling her assets. He is a brazilian economist and a very good friend of Doda hence Doda recommended him to Athina for the task. (hope there is no conflict of interest here, u know him being Doda's good friend hence manipulating Athina for Doda's benefit) . Poor girl, seems like everyone is interested in her money.

atinafan said:
It's quite disrespectful of Thiery to challenge Christina's will in the first place. Christina didnt trust him so she wrote in her will that her father's 3 closest friends (known as the greybeards) manage Athina's inheritance until she turns 18. Athina should have sued her father for legal fees that were billed to her estate for going to court trying to assume control of her inheritance. She manipulated Athina into giving him control of her asset when she turned 18. I guess at 19 and with Doda's influence, she realized she made the biggest mistake into giving her dad control over her empire that her father is the biggest gold digger of all time so she fought to take back control of her asset and hired lawyers in London. Father wanted more money to give control back to her so she had to shell out 100million or was it 53 million to settle the case. No wonder that Athina didnt want to sign the invitation that was to go out to her father. Thiery probably only took her in because of the money he will get for taking care of her. The entire family live off of Athina's annual allowance. I heard that it is now Andres Lara Resende who's handling her assets. He is a brazilian economist and a very good friend of Doda hence Doda recommended him to Athina for the task. (hope there is no conflict of interest here, u know him being Doda's good friend hence manipulating Athina for Doda's benefit) . Poor girl, seems like everyone is interested in her money.

You are right it is really unfair. Thierry made Christina Onassis unhappy, he was constantly pressuring her about her weight and cheating her with Gaby, etc etc.... During Athina's childhood, before she took control of her money, out of the enormeous annual allowance SHE was receiving to live, be dressed, schooling etc, Thierry was receiving a pocket money of 2 million dollars (or Euros, I'm not sure) per year JUST for being able to follow his daughter life, be able to go with her skiiing, etc. He got all this money during 18 years, and now he wants Athina's money. He has NO ANY RIGHT to this money, it was Onassis' money and it belongs to Athina, Thierry was even not a good husband for Christina, he made her miserable!!! why he should receive a penny??? And now he is destroying Athina's chance for hapiness by poisoning her relation with Doda. If Doda is sincere in his love, (why not???), with all this mess Thierry created, their story could turn bad, it's a pitty.
We all wish her all the hapiness her family did not had !!

fandesacs2003 said:
You are right it is really unfair. Thierry made Christina Onassis unhappy, he was constantly pressuring her about her weight and cheating her with Gaby, etc etc.... During Athina's childhood, before she took control of her money, out of the enormeous annual allowance SHE was receiving to live, be dressed, schooling etc, Thierry was receiving a pocket money of 2 million dollars (or Euros, I'm not sure) per year JUST for being able to follow his daughter life, be able to go with her skiiing, etc. He got all this money during 18 years, and now he wants Athina's money. He has NO ANY RIGHT to this money, it was Onassis' money and it belongs to Athina, Thierry was even not a good husband for Christina, he made her miserable!!! why he should receive a penny??? And now he is destroying Athina's chance for hapiness by poisoning her relation with Doda. If Doda is sincere in his love, (why not???), with all this mess Thierry created, their story could turn bad, it's a pitty.
We all wish her all the hapiness her family did not had !!

Indeed, Thierry's faction is trying to point the blame at Doda for "poisoning" Athina's mind and trying to take over her money. Basically, Thierry is upset because he is no longer the man in control of Athina and so he is accusing Doda of usurping his old role. Personally, I get the sense that Doda does genuinely care for Athina, but this may be wishful-thinking on my part.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Indeed, Thierry's faction is trying to point the blame at Doda for "poisoning" Athina's mind and trying to take over her money. Basically, Thierry is upset because he is no longer the man in control of Athina and so he is accusing Doda of usurping his old role. Personally, I get the sense that Doda does genuinely care for Athina, but this may be wishful-thinking on my part.

I hope you're right! but well, its so hard to believe that he actually cares about her. but then, i dont know her so i dont know what her personality is like. she may be super intelligent and witty.

it's just that he seems to be more the kind of guy that goes for supermodels.

It's sad about her father. it always seemed like she had a stable family life with him and his swedish wife and that she had good relationships with her half siblings.

I hope they'll reconcile. maybe when she and doda get split up....

pollyemma said:
I hope you're right! but well, its so hard to believe that he actually cares about her. but then, i dont know her so i dont know what her personality is like. she may be super intelligent and witty.

it's just that he seems to be more the kind of guy that goes for supermodels.

It's sad about her father. it always seemed like she had a stable family life with him and his swedish wife and that she had good relationships with her half siblings.

I hope they'll reconcile. maybe when she and doda get split up....

Aw, let's not hope for the worst in this marriage. Let's hope for the best. Of course, when Athina was growing up, I always hoped for the best of situation between her and her father, et al and look how that's turned out.
Still, I think because we don't know how things will go in this marriage, we should definitely hope and pray that Doda is her one and only. So none of this "when they split up" please! Think positively!
:)

CasiraghiTrio said:
Aw, let's not hope for the worst in this marriage. Let's hope for the best. Of course, when Athina was growing up, I always hoped for the best of situation between her and her father, et al and look how that's turned out.
Still, I think because we don't know how things will go in this marriage, we should definitely hope and pray that Doda is her one and only. So none of this "when they split up" please! Think positively!
:)

I DON"T want them them to split up. I really don't. I just don't think there's any way around it.

Ok, for anyone who was having trouble accessing the Athina site (atinafan and Mari and anyone else) I made a non-frames version. Hopefully that was the only issue. sometimes the frames on a site don't show up in certain browsers "foreign" to the host browser, so try out the non-frames version. This is just a basic page with links to the various Athina pages, without the "boxes" within.... I put links to both frames and non-frames versions on the intro page: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

CasiraghiTrio said:
Ok, for anyone who was having trouble accessing the Athina site (atinafan and Mari and anyone else) I made a non-frames version. Hopefully that was the only issue. sometimes the frames on a site don't show up in certain browsers "foreign" to the host browser, so try out the non-frames version. This is just a basic page with links to the various Athina pages, without the "boxes" within.... I put links to both frames and non-frames versions on the intro page: http://athina.casiraghitrio.com

it works! thanks

Great pictures Budge... but ModernJetSet had one mislabled... tha wasn't Thierry in the third picture... Thierry is seen in the fourth picture with his back to the camra

that's a great site. thanks for posting the link!

Doda and Athina true love

Hello!

In my opinion, Doda does love Athina sincerely. They are living together for 2 years already and seems always be so caring for each other...
Doda has a good family and he is rich by himself- of course there's no comparision with Athina's money, but oh, well, it would be very hard for anyone.

I mean, for what I read, he leads a simple life, all he does is relationed with horses etc. I think he is not the guy who loves "money exibition".

Athina and Doda relationship is longer than any Christina's marriage, if I am not wrong...?

I hope they marriage be happily ever after :)

cheers

Jackie O. Monaco said:
Hello!

In my opinion, Doda does love Athina sincerely. They are living together for 2 years already and seems always be so caring for each other...
Doda has a good family and he is rich by himself- of course there's no comparision with Athina's money, but oh, well, it would be very hard for anyone.

I mean, for what I read, he leads a simple life, all he does is relationed with horses etc. I think he is not the guy who loves "money exibition".

Athina and Doda relationship is longer than any Christina's marriage, if I am not wrong...?

I hope they marriage be happily ever after :)

cheers

I wish Athina all happiness. She deserves to be happy after losing her mother, who loved her dearly, at age 3; then followed by years of manipulation from Thiery instilling in her to hate everything that's greek, that was poor parenting. She'll always be part Greek and her wealth comes from Greece, so Thiery should have taught her to embrace Christina's culture. Hope Doda really has good intentions for her. I hate to see Athina end up the same path as her mother.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom