Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horseygal said:
Doesn't that sound like something HER press team put together and released?! WHO CARES!!

Most likely his press team to make her look like she isn't a "kept women" and is there training hard with a sponsor.

hibou said:
Most likely his press team to make her look like she isn't a "kept women" and is there training hard with a sponsor.

I agree totally, but that's still a help to her anyway.

I think the Audi ad is nothing more than that, just an ad to get her some money because she's being with Albert. I think that's good for her and he should help her. It's not an endorsement or sponsorship from Audi because she's not on anyone's team anywhere, she has not been seriously competing at all and has not won any main swimming events. Charlene's most recent 'claim to fame' is being with Albert, which is fine. They attached the word 'olympic swimmer' to it, but she hasn't done any serious competition in a few years now and hasn't qualified for anything serious in the future imo, she's using on her connection with Albert (his crew probably helped her to get the deal, or at least approved that she do it somehow). As I said before, good for her, I'd do the same thing too.

ok so she placed in some little swim meet a few months ago maybe, but it did not seem to be a big deal at all. I think they're going to drag this training and swimming but "now she can't swim anymore because she hurt her shoulder and needs to be in physiotherapy" business for as long as people are willing to get excited about it. I think they're building a soft exit for all that olympic talk since she probably won't be competing - but who knows, maybe she will (I doubt it;) )

just my opinion.:flowers:

Last edited:
LadyS said:
Found this site with a brief note that Charlene is driving a new Audi TT.

Charlene Wittstock Drives New Audi TT | The Garage

There is also one photo and an apparent press release from Audi.

Beautiful car. Charlene's look could have been more finished in that pic. Especially her hair could be better done(combed). She seems not to be styled for professional photo shot.

bbb said:
does she not own anything else to wear but halter tops? halter tops for dressy, halter tops for casual. what's odd is they don't become her body type with those wide shoulders and little head, doesn't she look at photos of herself? is it in the job description of official companion, rule #1 halter tops are to be worn whether they look good on you or not.

Hi bbb,
While I agree with everyting you've said they are her trade mark as that is mostly all we have seen her in, so I can see why she posed in them - it's Charlene.

I can't believe that someone on the precipice of becoming the wife of the Sovereign Prince of Monaco would actually pose/participate in any sort of endorsement. I agree ... I think this may be one of her parting gifts in the "I once dated a Prince contest."

At least ... that's what I'm hoping. She is NOT Princess Grace material.

:bang:

suztav said:
She is NOT Princess Grace material.
:bang:

But then again, WHO is? :rolleyes:

As for Charlene, I think she's not even high society wife material, let alone princess.

om, i just saw the diva1,2,3,4 pics and i must say she would do better with someone her own age( take it from someone who knows that age difference is very hard to deal with and no amount of money is worth it)
beside she looks very relax with her long time friend
i must add imo she is no grace the only thing she and grace have in common is that they are both white, blonde and blue eyed.
paca thx for info

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see that. I don't see how you can see anything in that first picture, in regards to her mood. It looks like the press was far away from her so its hard to tell her mood.

I know she's a swimmer but she has really broad shoulders its kinda scary, I sometimes feel that Albert spends more time with his girlfriend than his own children. I could be wrong I'am just stating my own opinion.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I seem to remember when Princess Diana first came on the scene including after her marriage she had to find her own style to put it nicely before evolving into a well dressed Princess. .

Please LadyMac don't compare Charlene to Princess Diana. Diana was 19/20 years old girl when she stepped into limelight, and that was in the 80's. The worse era when it comes to clothing! Charlene is 30 years old woman who's been supposedly with "Prince" for a few years now and didn't learn much yet.
I guess some people on the board are starting to believe that she might end up marrying PA so they are trying to convince themselves that she is OK for the "Princess" role, so they can ohhh and ahhh later on.
I don't think so!

Truts me; Albert dated a lot of non-celeb girls; but razzis could have more money with his sisters, so Albert could date...

Ghislaine said:
Then I hope that she makes him very happy off-camera, because on-camera they both look like as happy as a balloon in a needle factory. :D
My opinion too and people still keep commenting on how happy they look together. I wonder what they look for when deciding if people are happy.

lckc571 said:
On France 2, there is an other show !! a little bit humorous on Charlene and Albert. the presenter Laurent Rukier speaks about Laure manaudou which was not present at Monaco with "Evening dress" and known as that one would have better done to entrust Laure to Albert... See Charlene which which preferred "to be involved" in Monaco with place SA to be closer to Albert and does not hesitate to want to hope become princess

So Charlene DOES have ambition to become princess of Monaco. I agree that a current French swim Champion may have been a better pick to accompany Albert (except she's engaged to someone else).

Well, I guess I've been silly to think that she was just hanging in to have some fun (stupid me - I was trying to give the girl a break).

CW just wants to be the princess. That's why she moved to Monaco and has not been training for any Olympics, because she's going for the wedding ring and the tiara.

Well, we'll see if she's able to do it 'cause Albert has said about one billion times that he's not marrying her or anyone - which is a different statement than what he used to say before Ranier passed on (he used to say that when the right person came along, now he just says "NO" to any marriage flat out and he says the same things again and again and again...).

Maybe the poor girl never heard the phrase that sometimes when it comes to men and marriage "Why should he buy the cow if he can get the milk for free..."

I wonder why she keeps hanging around, especially given his very plain and clear public statements over and over. I believe she does understand his plain comments about it in the news reports, right? Unless she couldn't be bothered reading the news reports. Is she that thick?

Does she think by hanging on she can change his mind or something?

Maybe she is like everyone else has said all along and she wants public attention and trying to get something for herself...:eek: :ohmy:

Last edited:
Lillia said:
OK so Charlene DOES have ambition to become princess of Monaco then.

Well, I guess I've been silly to think that she was just hanging in to have some fun (stupid me, and I should be ashamed of myself - I was trying to give the girl a break).

Sorry, :flowers:
never I thought that of the members of this forum. I simply repeated the comment of a presenter who does certainly much humour to "the strong current of the daisies"...

one of the titles of his emission was, "people who were not present" in ratio at "Laure Manaudou was not there, Caroline was not there..."

he explained why Laure Manaudou was not with "Evening dress", because she broke the small finger of the foot, and that the Italian doctor her (with laure) had said to continue to swim but not to walk

awkward comparison of "charlene and her shoulder" "Laure Manaudou and her foot", and he added, that it would have better been to entrust Laure to Albert, he would not be nothing to arrive to her, then he said: "look at Charlene that successful to herwell, all goes well for her, she even hopes to take down the title of Princess" fault of...

moreover that after the emission of Drucker...

it came just is French humour, :bang:

lckc

lckc571 said:
Sorry, :flowers:
never I thought that of the members of this forum. I simply repeated the comment of a presenter who does certainly much humour to "the strong current of the daisies"...

one of the titles of his emission was, "people who were not present" in ratio at "Laure Manaudou was not there, Caroline was not there..."

he explained why Laure Manaudou was not with "Evening dress", because she broke the small finger of the foot, and that the Italian doctor her (with laure) had said to continue to swim but not to walk

awkward comparison of "charlene and her shoulder" "Laure Manaudou and her foot", and he added, that it would have better been to entrust Laure to Albert, he would not be nothing to arrive to her, then he said: "look at Charlene that successful to herwell, all goes well for her, she even hopes to take down the title of Princess" fault of...

moreover that after the emission of Drucker...

it came just is French humour, :bang:

lckc

ok:flowers: :flowers: I am not upset by anything. I chide myself only and I do understand all of that as humor as you have said it.:)

But I still wonder why Charlene continues to hang on in spite of PA many plain statements that he has no intention of marriage. One has to wonder if Charlene has some other agenda :lol:

I guess if she's totally focused on a 'goal' of marriage, then maybe not even Albert's public declarations will get thru to her.

If CW has it in her mind that she's going marry Albert and be the princess (no matter what he says in public) and stay in Monaco happily ever after, maybe that's all she needs to make it come true.:flowers:

LadyMichelle said:
yes Tosca,

I agree with you about Italian magazines. But, If you want your privacy, why you should have dinner in the center of Rome?

Parole sante!!! (Well said!!!) Why go dine out to the centre of Rome with an head of state's official comapanion? If you go back an look at the pics, you'll see that they were stolen pics, but if you look at Massimiliano's expression, you cannot tell if he's surprised and pissed off or he was just plain dumb.:ohmy:

His relationship with Roberta hasn't taught him much about the razzis always lurking for celebrities.

However, IMHO, those pics were totally innocent. Why shouldn't Charlene have taken a trip and spend one day with her friends (they were not alone) to recharge her batteries from all the pressure she's getting from Albert's entourage, and ....tabloids:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Paca, it looks like Charlene is in it for the long hall. I never thought that I would say this and I still hope that it is not so, but I am now beginning to feel that we must prepare for something bad. He probably told his family that he is going to marry Charlene. :ohmy:

Bahamagirl said:
Paca, it looks like Charlene is in it for the long hall. I never thought that I would say this and I still hope that it is not so, but I am now beginning to feel that we must prepare for something bad. He probably told his family that he is going to marry Charlene. :ohmy:
But only after the foreseeable future of the Bejing Olympics. Before that it's "No, I have no plans to marry. Not now or in the future". :D
Sad that no one else of the princely family turned up. Is it just me or are they drifting apart more and more? There used to be united appearances by the three siblings, but these days they are practically non-existent. :ermm:

Bahamagirl, I just mentioned the same sentiment on the Current Events of Pr. Albert's thread. My take on this is that the sisters are staying away so as not to steal Charlene's thunder, for the public to get used to seeing Charlene at his side instead of one or both of his sisters.

Stellad

There's a picture of CW and PA in the PA Current Events thread taken in the Palace courtyard during a reception for that TV awards.

I've noticed that since the fashion show, CW's outfits have progressed - more tasteful, I guess. However, she needs to tone down on the matchy matchy eyeshadow.

Thanks iceflower always amazing and exceptional capabilities to find these pics!

Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower. it is nice that Charlene is so often with Albert at his official events these
days and I like her outfit, it's one of her best so far.

Thanks Iceflower. I'm not liking Charlene's dress one bit, but at least it isn't a halter dress. I will give her points for that.

rarotonga said:
There's a picture of CW and PA in the PA Current Events thread taken in the Palace courtyard during a reception for that TV awards.

I've noticed that since the fashion show, CW's outfits have progressed - more tasteful, I guess. However, she needs to tone down on the matchy matchy eyeshadow.

Agree with you on the eyeshadow raro. I'm just glad to see her in something other than a halter dress. (I'm don't really like the dress though). Something just isn't flattering about it.:ermm:

THanks for the pics of Morticia with short sleeves ;). Can someone please get this woman some help and fast. What is wrong with a normal classic summer dress? Apparently most people are dressed fairly casual, so where is she going? And that pattern reminds me of one of my kids shows where evil powers are taking over. I have to give her credit, I can't imagine any woman looking good in that dress. It looks a bit like she got her nighty and her day dress all mixed up but since the guests were knocking se didn't have time to change :D The hair goes with that theory too as it looks its usual mess. Whatever Buntes claims, but I suspect that Mme Gallico is sitting near a pool in some far away country sipping on one of those drinks that come in a fancy outfit mumbling over the latest pics that someone has mailed her: even that would have looked better than what she's wearing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom