Charlene Wittstock Current Events 5 : August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyaR said:
Henri,

You may be right about Charlene and she may be a gold digger, but even though Albert is a little chubby and balding, he is still handsome! He is charming enough to attract women even if he wasn't rich or important!
I'm very happily married, so I'm not saying this because I want him for myself:ROFLMAO:
I just think Prince Albert is still cute and charming, despite his love handles. (A lot of us women just don't mind about the balding part at all)

I agree Tonya, I also think Albert is quite handsome. He has been putting on a few pounds so he may want to reign that in for health reasons. He is a man who seems quite comfortable with his hair loss-not at all insecure about it like a lot of men. This self confidence also makes him attractive. Plus he has really attractive blue eyes (& I'm not usually one to go for a guy with blue eyes other than a young Paul Newman).:wub:

libra65 said:
(& I'm not usually one to go for a guy with blue eyes other than a young Paul Newman).:wub:
The old Paul Newmann isn't bad either. He still has his charm :flowers:

libra65 said:
I agree Tonya, I also think Albert is quite handsome. He has been putting on a few pounds so he may want to reign that in for health reasons. He is a man who seems quite comfortable with his hair loss-not at all insecure about it like a lot of men. This self confidence also makes him attractive. Plus he has really attractive blue eyes (& I'm not usually one to go for a guy with blue eyes other than a young Paul Newman).:wub:
Thanks for the vote Libra65. I'm glad I'm not alone. Albert does need to drop some weight, but he has beautiful eyes. (He and all of his siblings.) He also has a beautiful smile.:)

I don't think Albert's good or not-so good looks are important. Besides the fact that he seems to feel a boost of testosterone seeing long-legged athletic blondes, still my initial question lies here: is miss Wittstock, without education, lack of life- and work experience, without knowledge of French language and almost three decades younger a suitable long-lasting partner and Princess of Monaco. Also when she will outlive her spouse for three decades?

I have nothing against Charlene as a human beiing. But as the Princess de Monaco, I'm not so sure! I can't imagine that after all these years of waiting and dating andd sampling what's out there that Charlene would be the brode that everyone was waiting for. It's like a build up for something great and then a letdown. Well God bless this little principality that I have grown to love, whatever the outcome may be.

Henri M. said:
Do you think that miss Wittstock, with her lack of life- and work experience, her poor education and 25 years younger than her partner and not mastering French language can be a lady who can deliver 60 years of devoted service to the Principality, also when she is the Dowager Princess when she will be around 50?

I really doubt it. This balding father of two should simply marry a lady from the French nobility or bourgeoisie. You stumble over goodlooking, well-educated and fantastich french-speaking ladies.

Miss Wittstock should return to Cape Town or Pretoria and find herself a nice handsome guy. This is ridiculous.
Ok. let me just say it again, I am certainly guilty of raking CW over the coals for a variety of things (her clothes, her hair, her comportment, talking too much to the paprazzis and so on).

But after thinking about it for a while, and remembering that Pss Diana was also a drop out and considering now that CP Mette-Merit of Norway was a high school drop out, unwed mother, a party girl and a strawberry picker who was shacking up with her Prince before she married him (she met the CP in a taxi on her way home from her job as a waitress, it was reported) just how bad could CW be really? Lady Diana Spencer was a nursury school teacher before she got married to Charles. Nice work, but she was not a high-powered executive or anything. Diana admitted too that school just wasn't interesting for her (she did not endorse dropping out, if I remember correctly - but she was quite open on the subject of her own education).

To her credit, CW at least made it to the top of the sporting world in her event, lots of talented athletes never even get a chance to compete at that level, right?

Charlene may have more life experience than even I give her credit (I don't know what) though I cannot imagine her as Princess, who's to really say? She did look nice at the Rose Ball the other day, right? Her makeup wasn't harsh and didn't her hair look good for a change? She seems to clean up pretty well with the right kind of help, right?

CP Mette Marit turned out fine, and Norway is quite proud of her, even though I'm certain the idea of Mette Merit becoming Princess turned more than a few peoples faces to stone.

I may not think CW is great, and there are many others I think would be better pick -- but she's not so terrible, right? With the right clothes and such, she could do it maybe, right? Perhaps...well, then again, maybe not (omg what am I saying??!!??).:huh:

Last edited:
Lillia, maybe you are right and she is not so bad, but I do wish she were a little different. It would be nice if she did not have shoulders as wide as a man's, and if she was more worthwhile in some way, and possibly more charismatic.

Lillia said:
But after thinking about it for a while, and remembering that Pss Diana was also a drop out and considering now that CP Mette-Merit of Norway was a high school drop out, unwed mother, a party girl and a strawberry picker who was shacking up with her Prince before she married him (she met the CP in a taxi on her way home from her job as a waitress, it was reported) just how bad could CW be really?
I don't want to make comparisons, as I feel that both Mette-Marit and Charlene are individuals who come from different lifestyles and countries, I felt the need to correct some of your facts. Mette-Marit did graduate from the Norwegian equivalent of high school. True - she spent a semester of high school as an exchange student in Australia, but she went back to high school afterwards and completed it. Among her uncompleted education is an college-level construction engineering degree. She also has followed classes at the University in Oslo, as well as studied at the School of Oriental and African Studies when Haakon and Mette-Marit lived in London.

And it seems strange when honest jobs, even strawberry picking and waitressing on the side of pursuing an education, are put down as being bad for your future reputation. But yes, she did have a child out of wedlock - as have certain royalty had. The bottom line is that Mette-Marit is doing an okay job now- and I agree with your point that Charlene also might do so. Being molded into the royal fold takes time. Charlene might have an easier time than Mette-Marit in the beginning (not factoring in Mette-Marit's broken leg, pneumonia and really bad sun-burn) in that she's attending events now as Albert's companion, while Mette-Marit didn't attend much of anything official with Haakon until they were engaged.

As for Charlene - I think it is wonderful that she had the guts to go for her swimming career. It might have been something that could have been combined with finishing high school - but as it stands now, it wasn't, and that is in the past. I'm sorry if people think she's a golddigger simply for going after Albert - it should be pointed out that looks aren't everything when it comes to falling in love. I don't think Albert is bad looking, though. He seems to be an interesting man - having competed at the Olympics, and such.

norwegianne said:
I don't want to make comparisons, as I feel that both Mette-Marit and Charlene are individuals who come from different lifestyles and countries, I felt the need to correct some of your facts. Mette-Marit did graduate from the Norwegian equivalent of high school. True - she spent a semester of high school as an exchange student in Australia, but she went back to high school afterwards and completed it. Among her uncompleted education is an college-level construction engineering degree. She also has followed classes at the University in Oslo, as well as studied at the School of Oriental and African Studies when Haakon and Mette-Marit lived in London.

And it seems strange when honest jobs, even strawberry picking and waitressing on the side of pursuing an education, are put down as being bad for your future reputation. But yes, she did have a child out of wedlock - as have certain royalty had. The bottom line is that Mette-Marit is doing an okay job now- and I agree with your point that Charlene also might do so. Being molded into the royal fold takes time. Charlene might have an easier time than Mette-Marit in the beginning (not factoring in Mette-Marit's broken leg, pneumonia and really bad sun-burn) in that she's attending events now as Albert's companion, while Mette-Marit didn't attend much of anything official with Haakon until they were engaged.

As for Charlene - I think it is wonderful that she had the guts to go for her swimming career. It might have been something that could have been combined with finishing high school - but as it stands now, it wasn't, and that is in the past. I'm sorry if people think she's a golddigger simply for going after Albert - it should be pointed out that looks aren't everything when it comes to falling in love. I don't think Albert is bad looking, though. He seems to be an interesting man - having competed at the Olympics, and such.

Thank you norwegianne -- I do hope that neither you nor anyone would be offended by my comments about CP MM of Norway. I do not intend any kind of slight to her at all. I like CP MM. I am glad that you corrected me too -- even though this thread is about Charlene Wittstock, I think my simple rationale as you noted was to point out only that CW could not completely bad and although she certainly would not be my first or second or third or fourth choice for Princess of Monaco by a really long shot, she could be ok at it, maybe I guess:sick:.

OK look, I'm trying very hard to give CW the benefit of the doubt. It takes a lot of discipline to get to the olympics. And if PA decided to marry CW, people would have to just swallow it with a big spoonful of sugar (me included for sure).

But, PA has already said that he is not marrying her anyway. :clap:

I hope he does not change his mind either.

Still, I am glad that somebody could find a tiny bit of merit in my little point, even though I may not have been 100% accurate.:flowers: Thanks for the help getting the facts straight on it.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree it takes a lot of hard work and determination to get to the olympics. But I do not think, even for a second, that it is harder to get to the olympics than through a four year college degree program. Academics at this level are a full time job requiring all kinds of time manangement and drive.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Leahteresa. Hang in there. I think academic egrees are equivalent in self esteem, self pride, impetus to launch into whatever-- as much as sports or anything else. And you'll go on to the next level if you need to. Neat

Heidi P:..."Based upon Albert's overall behavior I feel they are emotional equals..". Hear,Hear. Can I get a witness?

Finally someone cut out all the "not good enough,bla,bla." Why else would he be attentive. And likely with everyone else in his life, past or present. People are at different emotional levels and growth at different times in their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
leahteresa said:
Yes, I agree it takes a lot of hard work and determination to get to the olympics. But I do not think, even for a second, that it is harder to get to the olympics than through a four year college degree program. Academics at this level are a full time job requiring all kinds of time manangement and drive.

You are 100% correct, I agree it's a very good point too. There are enough athletes that train and compete and go to school full time in some of the most rigorous academic programs in the world. Or they have full time jobs to support themselves and their families and pay their own way. Other athletes really work hard!

I'm not saying CW does not work hard, I don't know what she does, except swim occasionally and be seen at parties with PA lately. I still haven't figured out how she takes care of herself with no job. From what I can see, she does not have any cash from current sports endorsements either. But she's managing to spin her 'non-job' into a 'job' of constant trips to Monaco to go to these parties and hang out with PA and his friends. Nice gig if you can get it, right?:huh:

All a girl ever needs is a billionaire "boyfriend" and his rich pals to help out with everything, right?

I know I would probably have a heart attack if any child of mine tried to drop from school with an idea in her head of 'all I ever want to do is swim, or whatever...'. :blink:

But, if this is the kind of woman PA wants to hang out with and have accompanying him in places, as a Head of State, what does it say about him? (no -- ok wait a minute, don't answer that...)

We all know about the type of women PA tends to be attracted to already, right? CW just fits the pattern, imo:bang:

Last edited:
Hey, if everything goes their way, and I have a funny feelings at least some of it will, Charlene will be getting a $50,000 payout from Paris Match in the lawsuit filed over the Maldives pictures. For fifty thousand bucks, there are a lot of things I'd do. No one go too far with this statement, I just think is sort of par for the course for the Grimaldi's. And here is an article all about it:

Publicity-hungry Grimaldis make thousands from draconian French privacy laws
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...23/wgrim23.xml

Oh, and for all you skimmers at reading articles. You have to read the fine print to find out that Princess Stephanie filed some 330 lawsuits over something like 6 years.....

Last edited by a moderator:
leahteresa said:
Hey, if everything goes their way, and I have a funny feelings at least some of it will, Charlene will be getting a $50,000 payout from Paris Match in the lawsuit filed over the Maldives pictures. For fifty thousand bucks, there are a lot of things I'd do. No one go too far with this statement, I just think is sort of par for the course for the Grimaldi's. And here is an article all about it:

Publicity-hungry Grimaldis make thousands from draconian French privacy laws
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...23/wgrim23.xml

Like I said before "All a girl ever needs is a billionaire "boyfriend" and his rich pals to help out with everything, right?"

Ok, so now CW is learning how to supplement her non-income. Now she has some cash to tide her over for a while...

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I have to agree with Zonk1189 and Heidi P. Albert will marry whomever he wants to, if he wants to. For all my comments about Charlene (some of which I admit are not so generous) If she's the none for him, then so be it.

Actually, I think Charlene looked really nice at the Rose Ball and she did look like she fit right in with everyone else there. If she can do it, and is willing to deal with all that, why wouldn't she make a good princess?

Excellent and insightful comment! Albert will marry who he wants to marry. Sorry Henry!

Last edited:
Heidi P. said:
Excellent and insightful comment! Albert will marry who he wants to marry. Sorry Henry!

Of course Prince Albert will marry who he wants, I make no illusion anymore. But all what royal and noble is, fades away under all this. You want to make a theatre (with our taxpayer's money)? That's okay with me. But please, stick to the ancient rules of the game you yourself have set for centuries!

That an unmarried mother with an ex-partner having a criminal record is seen as 'suitable' from becoming Queen of Norway... Or that a lady who was day in, day out anchoring the news on TVE suddenly now is a future Queen of Spain... Or that the famous Orange-Nassau treasures, worn by Yorks, Stuarts, Hannovers, Hohenzollerns, Romanovs etc. now simply are worn by an Argentine banker...

It is all okay. But please, don't expect me to faint and applaud for it. Mathilde Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz, Jaime de Marichalar de Saenz y Tejada from the Counts of Ripalda, Ernst-August Prince of Hannover, Marie-Christine Baroness von Reibnitz, Serena Stanhope from the Earls Harrington, Diana Spencer from the Earls Spencer... thát is royal partner-material.

Yes, I know, I know... unhappy Diana this and that. I can place happy Mathilde against that. Or happy Ernst-August. Or happy Serena.

The glory and fame of their centuries old families do shine on them and add to the 'unique' thing royalty and monarchy is.

I miss that.

Last edited:
Henri M.,

I think your expections for Royal marriage material sound reasonable and I understand what it is you are saying. But I think your comments say more about Henry than anything. In reality, Royals are regular people. They are subject to all the flaws, ups and downs and other aspects of human nature the rest of us are, the only difference is they happen to both human and royal. I think it is interesting that you think simply because they have royal status/titles they have the ability to control their emotions, personality, personal needs and personal desire and ONLY become attached or attracted to people who are Royals, Aristocrats, or Wealthy. How would something like this work? How would you control for the subjective nature of individuals to get everyone who is royal to behave in the exact same way?

I am just curious. :)

You've lost me, Heidi - which Henry are you talking about?

Henri M. said:
Of course Prince Albert will marry who he wants, I make no illusion anymore. But all what royal and noble is, fades away under all this. You want to make a theatre (with our taxpayer's money)? That's okay with me. But please, stick to the ancient rules of the game you yourself have set for centuries!

That an unmarried mother with an ex-partner having a criminal record is seen as 'suitable' from becoming Queen of Norway... Or that a lady who was day in, day out anchoring the news on TVE suddenly now is a future Queen of Spain... Or that the famous Orange-Nassau treasures, worn by Yorks, Stuarts, Hannovers, Hohenzollerns, Romanovs etc. now simply are worn by an Argentine banker...

It is all okay. But please, don't expect me to faint and applaud for it. Mathilde Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz, Jaime de Marichalar de Saenz y Tejada from the Counts of Ripalda, Ernst-August Prince of Hannover, Marie-Christine Baroness von Reibnitz, Serena Stanhope from the Earls Harrington, Diana Spencer from the Earls Spencer... thát is royal partner-material.

Yes, I know, I know... unhappy Diana this and that. I can place happy Mathilde against that. Or happy Ernst-August. Or happy Serena.

The glory and fame of their centuries old families do shine on them and add to the 'unique' thing royalty and monarchy is.

I miss that.

Good point of view, may I say I agree with you, Henri M. Are we the witnesses of a period of modernization of monarchy or the institution is just loosing the splendor, glory and fame it used to have? you forgot to mention that the future Queen of Spain is also a divorced person...

A high school diploma (or some other nation's equivalent) or "career points" don't really matter. A person can learn to be a good royal spouse without those things. What matters at the core is whether these two people love each other. Because if they don't, it's a waste of everybody's time. I just don't feel it, but I also understand sometimes the full feelings are translated into the picture. A picture can say a thousand words or it can say nothing at all.
When you think of it logically, you might say Albert and Charlene seem like a perfect fit. They do seem to have the same interests and hobbies. But I have many of the same interests as many people that, however I might enjoy talking to them and hanging out with them, I might not be the perfect fit to marry them. Charlene is just like Alicia what's-her-name anyway. That blonde that Albert escorted to some events a few years ago. The other athlete. Same hobbies, interests as Albert, but no (photogenic) romance.
Someone brought up MM and Haakon. Those two have chemistry. They always did, imo. You can see the love they have for each other so blatantly. It's the way they look at each other. It would be nice to see Albert have a relationship like that, but as someone else said, "we all know what kind of women he is attracted to!" :lol:

In ye olde days royals did not care about looks. As long as it was 'fitting' and did contribute to the dynasty's standing and rooting. The d'Udekem d'Acoz family, for an example, still is very ambitious on that point, as we have seen with lady Mathilde (marrying the Duke of Brabant) and lady Hélène (marrying the Marquis Pallavicini). Infanta Elena with Jaime. Princess Astrid with Lorenz. All blueblooded.

The (100% loving) marriage of King Baudouin of the Belgians with Doña Fabiola de Mora y Aragón (a daughter of the Count de Mora, Marquis de Casa Riera) was arranged from A to Z.

The 68-years lasting marriage (with highs and deep lows) of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands with Prince Bernhard zur Lippe-Biesterfeld was arranged from A to Z.

The (100% loving) marriage of Queen Beatrix with the German aristocrat Claus von Amsberg was 'an accident'. She went to the mega-royal pre-wedding ball of her friends Prince Moritz, landgrave of Hessen and Princess Tatjana zu Sayn-Wittgenstein. Her parents hoped she would pick a Prince such or so during that encounter but she 'came home' with a 13-years older German man she was totally in love with. But at least he was of noble descent, born on an estate and raised in ye olde fashioned Prussian way.

King Albert of the Belgians with Donna Paola dei Principi Ruffo di Calabria, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg with Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium, King Juan Carlos of Spain with Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark, etc. etc. Those are the weddings which do speak to my imagination.

do you think that if albert would have looked the way he does now, be 48 but earn an ordinary pay check, charlene would have gone out with him?

hell no. Well maybe..............nooooooooooooo
brother said:
do you think that if albert would have looked the way he does now, be 48 but earn an ordinary pay check, charlene would have gone out with him?

brother said:
She might, if he was just as charming as he is now. Prince Albert may have many faults, but he is very good at attracting the opposite sex, and not just because of his princely family, money and power. He is also able to attract women because he's cute and intelligent, so I vote yes :cool:

There are news that Albert & Charlene are together in Sardinia

PA arrived with for vacations in the smart Costa Smeralda, in Sardinia. There was a great party for them. They will stay for a week.
Also arriving from Monaco was the couple Prince Carlo and Princess Camilla of Bourbon 2 Siciles.

I'm sorry I was anable to insert link from Franco-Iberian Royals Board. There were no pics of them

Last edited:
Lakshmi said:
There are news that Albert & Charlene are together in Sardinia

PA arrived with for vacations in the smart Costa Smeralda, in Sardinia. There was a great party for them. They will stay for a week.
Also arriving from Monaco was the couple Prince Carlo and Princess Camilla of Bourbon 2 Siciles.

I'm sorry I was anable to insert link from Franco-Iberian Royals Board. There were no pics of them
Lakshmi, Here is the link:

http://members3.boardhost.com/Franco...155133384.html

TonyaR said:

In the same message board there is a message that says:

Moreover, the Spiegel article Kat listed
: below, states that Palace workers were
: imposed a vacation ban for next October...
:

So, i Would like to ask, Paca, do you know something about that?

I can't find this article on internet... :bang: :ermm:

LadyMichelle said:
In the same message board there is a message that says:

Moreover, the Spiegel article Kat listed
: below, states that Palace workers were
: imposed a vacation ban for next October...
:

So, i Would like to ask, Paca, do you know something about that?

I can't find this article on internet... :bang: :ermm:
They copied it from Bunte and other articles of the likes. This is an invention to make people believe that there will be a wedding in October. We have plenty of these: the announcement in April, at the red cross ball; wedding in october etc. So far none of this has happened and I am fairly sure that october will also pass without a wedding. Most people won't be taking vacation then ayways: the palace is in full preparation of the events for national holiday and xmas. Besides most french take their vacation end july/august and since you don't have that much vacation per year, they wouldn't really have to have a vacation embargo to stop the 3 people who would want to go on holidays from going. i wish sometimes that the tabloids would use some logic and common sense. And have a look at the calendar occasionally. Anyone familiar with Monaco knows that at the end of the year there are so many official activities, that that would make the worst time in the year to have a wedding.

paca said:
They copied it from Bunte and other articles of the likes. This is an invention to make people believe that there will be a wedding in October. We have plenty of these: the announcement in April, at the red cross ball; wedding in october etc. So far none of this has happened and I am fairly sure that october will also pass without a wedding. Most people won't be taking vacation then ayways: the palace is in full preparation of the events for national holiday and xmas. Besides most french take their vacation end july/august and since you don't have that much vacation per year, they wouldn't really have to have a vacation embargo to stop the 3 people who would want to go on holidays from going. i wish sometimes that the tabloids would use some logic and common sense. And have a look at the calendar occasionally. Anyone familiar with Monaco knows that at the end of the year there are so many official activities, that that would make the worst time in the year to have a wedding.

Ok, thanks. I asked because here in Italy we have a lot of Festivity like 15/08, 01/05, 25/04 but I don't remember a special holiday day for MC..in october. So, I thinked that could be an "evidence" for the wedding... :wacko:

:flowers: Thanks Thanks

Michy

Actually, there's an article on timesonline.co.uk about how Flavio Briatore invited his rich and influential friends to join him in his protest on taxes imposed on yachts by Sardinia's government. If you read the article above listing a few of the guests, it mentions Briatore. It makes sense why HSH was invited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom