Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are people on this board that really cares for PA, and I think there are a lot of you. Let's just give Charlene a chance and not jump to any conclusions about her or trash her. This woman could well be on her way to becoming the next Princess of Monaco. I know I have given the thumbs-up to Annabelle, but PA has no interest in her and I have gotten over that. Therefore, I will watch and wait to see how this will unfold. And, I hope my fellow PA fans will do the same.:)

I am one of the many people on this board who cares for PA, which is why I am saying he can do a lot better than CW. I personally don't think she is good for him at all.

I respect your opionion in giving her a chance.

I hope you respect mine for thinking he can find someone much better after waiting so long.

I am a big fan of freedom of speech.

Happy postings everyone :)

she still needs to be groomed but she looks well inserted and well enough with the rest of the family. this is serious!

Concerning CW and cigarettes... Who says that an elegant woman don't smoke?? Caro (one of most popular examples of elegance in the world...) smoked also when pregnant...
CW is unpolished for others reasons... !

LadyM.

sashajones said:
If there are people on this board that really cares for PA, and I think there are a lot of you. Let's just give Charlene a chance and not jump to any conclusions about her or trash her. This woman could well be on her way to becoming the next Princess of Monaco. I know I have given the thumbs-up to Annabelle, but PA has no interest in her and I have gotten over that. Therefore, I will watch and wait to see how this will unfold. And, I hope my fellow PA fans will do the same.:)

I agree 100% Sasha. If she is who he has chosen, then so be it. He is a grown man who can make decisions for himself. I can't believe that so many people are being so cruel about CW. I am sure many people of MC were none to thrilled with PR decision to marry Grace Kelly. Can't you just hear them clucking "Oh no, she's an ACTRESS and even worse an AMERICAN! Oh what is Rainier thinking? He needs pick a more suitable woman to be Princess". :eek:

I think in the long run PR & PG proved that PR picked the right woman.

PA reminds me of a very rich man locally who married the woman who jumped out of his adult son's birthday cake. It seemed unfathomable at the time, but in truth, the man, who was self-made, grew up in a background very similar to the women's, i.e. even though it was not obvious, they had a lot in common. Despite a major reversal of fortune, they are still together. So, perhaps it is the same way with PA and CW. Who knows what ties bind people together? And don't forget that a large part of PA's blood is not exactly royal. After all, no matter how much we all adore Princess Grace, she was still the recent descendent of Irish immigrant bricklayers. And she cut quite a wide swath, as they say, in Hollywood, making a few scandals of her own.

Princess Grace was dignified and was very discreet when Prince Rainier courted her. They corresponded it through letters for months and she didn't reveal it to the press even though she was already a Hollywood star. I believe the Monegasques didn't first like her not because she was an American but probably because she was an actress. In the fifties, it was so rare for an European sovereign to marry an actress. Maybe they were afraid this marriage will backfire on them. Fortunately, it wasn't the case because this union put Monaco back to the map. However with Charlene it's not the case. She may be sweet and pretty but she is not the best choice for Prince Albert. She loves to be the center of attention. Money can't buy class, either you have it or you don't. If they got married, Monaco won't be taken seriously. I know who am I to judge her. But you can see it could lead to disaster.
:)

julianneneville said:
PA reminds me of a very rich man locally who married the woman who jumped out of his adult son's birthday cake. It seemed unfathomable at the time, but in truth, the man, who was self-made, grew up in a background very similar to the women's, i.e. even though it was not obvious, they had a lot in common. Despite a major reversal of fortune, they are still together. So, perhaps it is the same way with PA and CW. Who knows what ties bind people together? And don't forget that a large part of PA's blood is not exactly royal. After all, no matter how much we all adore Princess Grace, she was still the recent descendent of Irish immigrant bricklayers. And she cut quite a wide swath, as they say, in Hollywood, making a few scandals of her own.

I totally agree (well, except about Grace; class and elegance are not related to social status), but this theory doesn't make me like CHarlene more, it simply makes me like Albert much less. My opinion of Albert has been sinking for a long time now, and not just for his most recent girlfriend and the fact that he chose a girl who is closer in age to his nephews doesn't bode well for his maturity either...

I do essentially agree with you Grace. I would be disappointed if PA picks CW. It is important for all of us to find someone that we can love but who is also appropriate for us to love. (I am sure Caroline would be the first to agree with that.) I doubt that CW is up to the challenge. She seems to lack credibility in too many ways. I guess it all depends on what PA believes he wants in life.

julianneneville said:
I do essentially agree with you Grace. I would be disappointed if PA picks CW. It is important for all of us to find someone that we can love but who is also appropriate for us to love. (I am sure Caroline would be the first to agree with that.) I doubt that CW is up to the challenge. She seems to lack credibility in too many ways. I guess it all depends on what PA believes he wants in life.

I also agree that Charlene is not suitable to become the First Lady of Monaco. She craves too much attention. She maybe his girlfriend at the moment because she may be filling a void in his life right now (we all know men love to prove to themselves they are still virile and attractive) but she is not wife material. This principality doesn't want to become the laughingstock among other nations.
:D

eded said:
Princess Grace was dignified and was very discreet when Prince Rainier courted her. They corresponded it through letters for months and she didn't reveal it to the press even though she was already a Hollywood star. I believe the Monegasques didn't first like her not because she was an American but probably because she was an actress. In the fifties, it was so rare for an European sovereign to marry an actress. Maybe they were afraid this marriage will backfire on them. Fortunately, it wasn't the case because this union put Monaco back to the map. However with Charlene it's not the case. She may be sweet and pretty but she is not the best choice for Prince Albert. She loves to be the center of attention. Money can't buy class, either you have it or you don't. If they got married, Monaco won't be taken seriously. I know who am I to judge her. But you can see it could lead to disaster.
:)
You should not forget that in Europe a lot of people (as much as they adored the moviestars) still equated actress and prostitute. We have quite a history in Europe with Royals having affairs with actresses ad there was always a scandal around it, so obviously when Rainier turned up with an actress, that's what came to mind at first.

eded said:
I also agree that Charlene is not suitable to become the First Lady of Monaco. She craves too much attention. She maybe his girlfriend at the moment because she may be filling a void in his life right now (we all know men love to prove to themselves they are still virile and attractive) but she is not wife material. This principality doesn't want to become the laughingstock among other nations.
:D
I am afraid in many ways for a lot of people it already is. Unfortunetely.

lea said:
Well, Charlene is young anyway. Maybe she makes Albert feel young. If they do marry, I just hope there are genuine feelings to carry them through it all.

She reminds me of Stephanie as well.

Well, she might make him feel young, but she makes him look Old!

I don't know why men don't get this. It makes them look so insecure & not too smart, when they have to pay out the big bucks a few years later? I think a certain Beetle is having this problem right now. Men are slow learners.

I hope Albert doesn't just THINK he's in love. I'm afraid he will really pay for it if he marries this one (not just financially). I really hope he finds someone who really loves him. I can't help remembering in an interview where she corrected the interviewer when he mentioned how she would be vacationing, and she said "that SHE would be on a YACHT" If they do marry I hope they really love each other, it would be a shame for him to wait so long & get the same type of women that cause him all the problems? What would the wait have been for?

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
No one knows much about her family do they? I don't. She will need to have a dowry that is generally in the millions as with Grace. Unless Albert decides to wave all tradition and pay for everything himself. Clothes should always compliment the figure.

There have been many very smart people who have achieved even though they were drop outs. She can be taught, she can also be trained I know Grace had to learn things once she married Rainier.

Sebastian just so you know I was trying to point out the reasons for some people opinions of Charlene nothing more.

I can't imagine he would ask for a dowry, even though Rainer asked for one. which most people in the U.S. would find really distasteful even in the 50's, I don't think most people knew that. I read where her father gave her share of inheritance upfront for the dowry. But considering she gave up her career as an Oscar winning Actress (with her own Money). & her own family worth millions. Monaco was not doing so well at the time. Rainier was the businessman!

I don't believe Monaco being such a small country was really on the A list to most Aristocrats. that it would receive much of a dowry - not really a strategic land grab. Which is probably why their own succession in Monaco is a little spotty.
I think he really is going to have a hard time if he's holding out for a dowry - I do hope he holds out for someone with some class & dignity, perhaps a little more age appropriate? And as far as Charlene goes there are some things that just can't be taught & I agree with you about the formal education where it's a plus, there are many intelligent self taught people in the world (that's the least of her problems). I really think he can do better, but if he keeps dating the same type of women - I'm afraid he will scare the good ones away. Most smart women want smart men.

I am for giving her a chance. If Prince Labert chooses her, then he may see something we don't in her. And after all, it's not only the question of how suitable she is for Monaco but also how happy she can make him. If Charlene will make Prince Albert, she will become quite popular with the people of Monaco, and not only. My opinion, only:)

sandsla said:
Well, she might make him feel young, but she makes him look Old!

I don't know why men don't get this. It makes them look so insecure & not to smart, when they have to pay out the big bucks a few years later? I think a certain Beetle is having this problem right now. Men are slow learners.

I hope Albert doesn't just THINK he's in love. I'm afraid he will really pay for it if he marries this one (not just financially). I really hope he finds someone who really loves him. I can't help remembering in an interview where she corrected the interviewer when he mentioned how she would be vacationing, and she said "that SHE would be on a YACHT" If they do marry I hope they really love each other, it would be a shame for him to wait so long & get the same type of women that cause him all the problems? What would the wait have been for?

Sandsla...which interview was this? If she really said that, it says a lot about her IMO...that she is more interested in Albert's social station and bank account rather than the person she claims is her soul mate. Wow...I'm shocked...

BurberryBrit said:
Excellent post Windsor. I agree with everything you said.

Here, here!

I agree also with the person above who said that CW seems to have the spontanaety of a child. In a lot of those pictures that have been posted, she looks to be pointing and saying 'what's that? oooh, what's that? ooo, what are they doing?' something like an endless fascination with her surroundings. Like a kitty with a ball of yarn. but again, I would not know what they are talking about at all.

The guys in those pictures at MC grand prix seem to find her entertaining, and imo, she looks like she's flirting with all of them (intentional or not is a different question) and Caroline does not look impressed with CW at all, probably because the girl is about the same age as her own and EA children and all of them are certainly better educated than CW. Even PS graduated from high school.

Nothing wrong with CW having some fun though. I read that PA likes 'diaphanous blondes' - meaning transparent, not too many layers, not complicated at all in any way, like sheer fabric, almost translucent. CW seem to fit that bill completely, imo. It says alot about Albert and alot about the SA swim team because in the US, EU and Canada (at least) a person needs to have competed at the college level to get anywhere near the olympic teams. Not to take anything away from CW, but a high school drop out would be up against huge odds to get near the Olympic team in those countries because sheer competition is so heavy and so fierce.

I don't think CW is going to compete in the '08 Olympics, she does not seem focused on competing at all. If she were interested in the competitions, she would be in training. She's riding the Albert train.

And after all, she really does not need to be that bright to have a baby and if she is good at only a couple of things (swimming and 1 or 2 things more), that might be all Albert wants. Someone who is endlessly fascinated with everything. It says alot about him. Not to be crass, but all she really needs is a healthy uterus, and a strong body not much else. :cool:

Last edited:
What is IMO?

For me, I think PA is changing his mind because the reaction of Monaco Citizen toward CW. I still believe that he is a smart man and he never fool himself. He will not get marry with a woman whom Monaco people against. I also believe that PA doesn't want to lose his face and his image. He always keep very good and best face and image.

After P. Ranier III, one of Ranier's cabinet said that lots of Princess and Princes Europe don't like PA. They don't want to be friend with PA, they just do for etiquette. Another thing is on the enthronment, most Crown Prince don't come. What that mean? .......this is what I read from other board.

At Turin, I thought CW is just normal girlfriend of PA. It means PA just wanted to have any woman next to him just like other events. And I believe that he never thought that he wanted CW to be his wife.

As I look at Chiness life chart....(maybe it's wrong. I don't know)
For CW's life chart, at age 28 (on May) and at age 30 (on July), CW has 2 chances to get marry.
- At age 28 (on May) (at this time), she has fall in love with a man who was born on Dog year which is probably PA.
- At age 30 (on July), she will fall in love with a man who was born on Rat year. But this is a big chance that CW will get marry.

For PA's life chart, at age 54 (on September). He has only 1 chance [during March 2006- Feb 2007] to fall in love with someone. He probably get marry with a woman who was born on Dragon year.

Lillia said:
Here, here!

I agree also with the person above who said that CW seems to have the spontanaety of a child. In those pictures, she looks to be pointing and saying 'what's that? oooh, what's that? ooo, what are they doing?' something like an endless fascination with her surroundings. Like a kitty with a ball of yarn.

The guys in those pictures seem to find her entertaining, Caroline does not look impressed at all probably because CW is about the same age as her own kids and EA children and they all are certainly better educated than CW. Even PS graduated from high school.

Nothing wrong with having fun though, but I read that PA likes 'diaphanous blondes' - meaning transparent, not too many layers, not complicated at all in any way, like sheer fabric, almost translucent. CW seem to fit that bill completely, imo. Says alot about Albert, imo.

After all, she really does not need to be that bright to have a baby and if she is good at only a couple of things (swimming and 1 or 2 things more), that might be all Albert wants. Someone who is endlessly fascinated with everything. Not to be crass, but all she really needs is a healthy uterus, and a strong body not much else. :cool:

They are already several trophy wifes in the world. Monaco needs more than a healthy uterus. Monaco needs a woman who will make them proud. She would be the principality's Ambassador because it's important for this nation to be taken seriously. Prince Rainier did everything in his power to make sure it's not only the playground for the rich and famous or a touristic destination with few hotels. There are few biotechnological companies and financial institutions implanted there. It should continue to be prosperous. An uneducated blonde could jeopardize everything. I hope Prince Albert knows what is best for his country because Charlene is best for his male ego.

Last edited:
eded said:
They are already several trophy wifes in the world. Monaco needs more than a healthy uterus. Monaco needs a woman who will make them proud. She would be the principality's Ambassador because it's important for this nation to be taken seriously. Prince Rainier did everything in his power to make sure it's not only the playground for the rich and famous or a touristic destination with few hotels. There are few biotechnological companies and financial institutions implanted there. It should continue to be prosperous. An uneducated blonde could jeopardize everything. I hope Prince Albert knows what is best for his country because Charlene is best for his male ego.
I think PA once said that his wife will not need to have anything to do with the running of monaco if she doesn't want to. I think what he has in mind is a trophy wife. All she has to do is look nice and they can get CW to that. All she will probably need to know is probably smile and wave and maybe nod occassionally to act like she is interested in the discussion or pretend she understands. I'm sure she is already quite good at that.

paca said:
I am afraid in many ways for a lot of people it already is. Unfortunetely.
i have to agree, I think it is way past a laughing stock. I mean with all that has happened with the reigning family. There is nothing close to it in any other royal households. I mean they really do not act anything like what we expect from royals. They do things that even some commoners like us would not do and yet no one cares if we did. Why lie they are a mess. I don't think anyone takes them seriously and after the new paternity allegations are confirmed, it will be worse and any woman who marries PA will be doing it purely for fame and money. No normal intellingent self-respecting woman would marry into that if there was no title or money to accompany it.

jabilo said:
I think PA once said that his wife will not need to have anything to do with the running of monaco if she doesn't want to. I think what he has in mind is a trophy wife. All she has to do is look nice and they can get CW to that. All she will probably need to know is probably smile and wave and maybe nod occassionally to act like she is interested in the discussion or pretend she understands. I'm sure she is already quite good at that.

Then it would be very sad because any man who only wants the beauty but not the brains is immature and insecure. I hope he doesn't make this mistake. He already made a few already.

:eek:

jabilo said:

Interesting. But it would be the truth because it is the reality of the situation. For a man in his position, a wife would not really have to do much except keep him entertained. CW seems to be doing a good job of that at the moment. But what happens if and when PA gets bored with flopping around and whatever in the water with her?

Last edited:
Who are any of us to judge who he should marry? The people of Monaco were not crazy about the idea of Grace Kelly either. If he loves her and she loves him, I am sure she can figure out how to make a good wife for him. As far as equating her beneath others, many royals have married "beneath themselves". I've put the quotations marks I think no one is beneath anyone else. Just people making wise and foolish choices, not because one is better or wose, just that they are not compatible.

redfox6 said:
Who are any of us to judge who he should marry? The people of Monaco were not crazy about the idea of Grace Kelly either. If he loves her and she loves him, I am sure she can figure out how to make a good wife for him. As far as equating her beneath others, many royals have married "beneath themselves". I've put the quotations marks I think no one is beneath anyone else. Just people making wise and foolish choices, not because one is better or wose, just that they are not compatible.

We are not being judgmental. We are being realistic. Anyone can see certain signs of this so-called relationship.Of course, Prince Albert has the right to marry her. Nobody is forcing him to do otherwise. However, it's difficult to see an intelligent person making the same old mistakes all the time.

jabilo said:

While PA may have said that his wife will not have to take an active part in the running of MC, she will be the de facto leader of many of the charities that Pss Grace founded or chaired. If and when PA marries Charlene, Caroline should, at the very least, offer to resign as the head of such charities as AMADE once she has a sister-in-law who will be the reigning princess. I have said before that even if Albert's wife should refuse the offer, it will be very hard to see for all intents and purposes, two reigning princesses in Monaco. And somone like Charlene will not only have to suffer through the comparisons to Grace, but also to Caroline and how much she achieved. Such a situation will create divided loyalties and a lot more tension within the family. It's like having two women in one kitchen: in theory, it's a good idea, more can be done, but in reality, it just doesn't work.

I've been reading all of everyone's excellent posts...and it seems that most of us are unable to see any potential in Charlene to fully comprehend and execute all of the subtleties of the requirements that would be asked (expected? demanded?) of her as Princess of Monaco. She's probably a lot of fun and excited and amazed at many of the places that Albert takes her to and there is a certain charm in that wide-eyed amazement. However, after watching Mary and Sophie and a couple of the other princesses in Europe, they have developed a certain acceptance of their situation which makes them seem regal and well, in a word, serene as if they were born into their role. I don't see Charlene developing that sense of understatment.

Lillia said:
Interesting. But it would be the truth because it is the reality of the situation. For a man in his position, a wife would not really have to do much except keep him entertained. CW seems to be doing a good job of that at the moment. But what happens if and when PA gets bored with flopping around and whatever in the water with her?

Besides the duties that PL1991 mentioned the future Princess of Monaco will have, she will also be raising the future heir. That in and of itself is a monumental role, and if she displays a lack of class and shows no interest in education, what will she teach her children?

BurberryBrit said:
Besides the duties that PL1991 mentioned the future Princess of Monaco will have, she will also be raising the future heir. That in and of itself is a monumental role, and if she displays a lack of class and shows no interest in education, what will she teach her children?

True, the role would be a daunting one for sure, but I think that there are many around in the circle that could help with that. Look at CP MM for Norway. :p I think MM turned out ok, but in the beginning I bet some people in the royal house (and more than a few royal watchers) turned into stone, were fainting, and gasping for air at the mere thought...

CP MM came from humble beginnings; she had a baby out of wedlock; her son's father was convicted on something about drugs; after MM became CP, her father married and has since divorced a stripper and they had a baby that is the basically same age as the CP couple's daughter; and MM herself was a high school drop out and used to run with the party crowd (she probably used some soft drugs, I think but not certain) and she was a waitress/strawberry picker. I think she met the CP in a taxi or something.

go figure. the man loves her truly. he made it completely clear to everyone that he did not care what anyone said on the issue. But then again, Norway is not Monaco and their CP did not have Albert's track record either.

So maybe until more comes out about her, Charlene Wittstock could look pretty good by comparison? It might be hard for CW to look worst than all that. But who knows??

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:
Sandsla...which interview was this? If she really said that, it says a lot about her IMO...that she is more interested in Albert's social station and bank account rather than the person she claims is her soul mate. Wow...I'm shocked...

It was an interview given before we saw her at the Olympics. She may not have been referring to anything to do with Albert, either way it struck me the same. It also made me think maybe the debate about whom he was with on that boat could be her. (I actually thought the picture every one keeps showing-could have been one of his friend's girlfriend/wife -it looks like there were two blond women on that boat). I think I had just searched her name & a few interviews came up. I'm pretty sure it was after her tell-all about the first date which was a few years back. Anyway it wasn't so much that it referred to Albert as that she was impressed w/ herself for being on a yacht - it sounded bad to me when I read it. I was hoping someone else had seen it. I will check around for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom