Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lynda said:
I can appreciate Lady M and Grace’s point of view. However, some people feel different and they express their beliefs.
I think you misunderstood when I qouted this
Posted by Grace
I see nothing wrong in disagreeing with Albert's choice of a wife...we are not his sisters, and have no obligation to accept him and his future wife(?) in spite of our own tastes...
and saying I agree was to mean we don't have to like her and there are those who do.

Well, I think one can be taught to at least feign class (ie posture, speech, etc). She should at least try to fake it.

It is unfortunate that Prince Albert has not chosen an appropriate woman to become his princess. But, has he ever dated appropriate woman. It disappoints me, but doesn't surprise me. I think he is pressed for time to produce an heir to the throne and to marry a woman close to his age might mean not being able to produce an heir. Although Charlene doesn't seem suitable for the upcoming job as Princess of Monaco, she might be his answer to producing an heir. Unfortunately, the age difference will present a problem in their marriage. Twenty years is a big difference and by what I saw at the balcony, she already seems bored and uninterested. I do think she is very pretty and with some polishing, she might become a swan, the swan princess. I wouldn't doubt that his fortune and position are extremely attractive to her, but for the sake of Prince Albert, his country and his family, I do hope she loves him. He has made his choice and only time will tell what the consequences will be.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Everyone knows smoking is bad for your health and as a good athlete you shouldn't but many do. The proper etiquette for a lady who smokes use to be only while sitting never standing or walking.

Sebastian if you look closer to those posts you will see one of those people was at the events and the information came from there. Its likely Caroline isn't happy with this relationship also common knowledge from sources close to her she wanted the Throne feeling as the first born it should be hers. She believes as Rainier did divine right to rule. According to Grimaldi genealogy they have it.

Charlene isn't liked for several reasons Sebastian and that you and others will have to accept until such time as she shows herself in a better light. For example in an interview she was only for training but her actions show differently. She speaks to the press about her relationship with Albert from the first time the meet while Albert isn't making comments. Her actions in a photo in public don't give off a good impression at the Olympics. Her being caught kissing Albert on the chest didn't come across well either. It was suppose to be private time with him, however it was caught. I think it would have been better had she learned to do things only in private behind closed doors which is the place to do such things. There is also the difference of age she is young enough to be his daughter and that is hard for some to get past. For myself age does play a part in a relationship a ten year gap can sometimes be to much. Albert did say he likes being with younger woman then an old so in so and that people should understand it. I mentioned this remark before in another post.

I have to agree with her.

My brother was there too. Caroline's face was like it always is. Ernst and the kids seemed to have a good talk with her. They all seemed realxed including Caroline. That's my direct-link story!

Let's turn down the heat a bit, please. It doesn't matter what people are saying on other boards or who's claiming to have insider information or whatever. None of us knows for certain that any other poster here really does have a direct link to any members of the Prince's family; we're all dependent on news sources for our information, and this isn't happening to our families so it really isn't a matter of life and death for any of us.

Of course people have their own opinions about Prince Albert's relationships, including his current girlfriend, but it's against our rules to start attacking other posters or bashing Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, or anyone else in Monaco. This discussion had better start becoming less bad-tempered or we'll be closing the thread for a cooling-off period.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

LadyMacAlpine said:
I want to point out something to everyone about this relationship. Albert was never in the position he is now and can take whomever he wants to the Palace since Rainier is no longer there to object. That is where he lives, his home. That is the Palace grounds and photo's of Albert have been taken there before and posted.

On the dress I don't care for that style on her. She needs to do something to not draw so much attention to her shoulders and give her some curves like a fuller or softer flowing skirt. The length is good.

I also want to say to those who criticize her lack of education Princess Diana was a drop out as well. Give her credit for her honesty in admitting it wasn't important to her. I haven't read her interviews. I hate to say this but I have a feeling no matter who the woman is that Albert dates of takes home as his wife someone will always find something wrong with her. Part of this has been caused by his lack of staying with a woman for any period of time in the public eyes and not making a choice. When Albert makes it no one will tell him no and he isn't going to give a darn what others think. Charlene has been criticized for her looks. Take a look at the other woman Albert generally dates as his girlfriends they are on the plain side and look at Nicole. He is more attracted to this sort possibly for several reasons. Its been said beautiful woman are shallow and in many cases stuck on themselves. He is looking for a woman whose beauty comes from within to satisfy his own inner needs.

Good point, but Princess Diana was from an established aristocratic family and she would have probably married well in spite of her being a drop-out even if she had not married Prince Charles. Like her or not, Charlene is a different case altogether.

I totally agree with you on her choice of clothes.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
Good point, but Princess Diana was from an established aristocratic family and she would have probably married well in spite of her being a drop-out even if it had not been Prince Charles. Like her or not, Charlene is a different case altogether.

I totally agree with you on her choice of clothes.
No one knows much about her family do they? I don't. She will need to have a dowry that is generally in the millions as with Grace. Unless Albert decides to wave all tradition and pay for everything himself. Clothes should always compliment the figure.

There have been many very smart people who have achieved even though they were drop outs. She can be taught, she can also be trained I know Grace had to learn things once she married Rainier.

Sebastian just so you know I was trying to point out the reasons for some people opinions of Charlene nothing more.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Not that I know of.
Well then, Princess Charlene will be great for MC's monarchy. It's a very small place and she really doesn't have to be a Harvard graduate. I guess a high school drop-out, if in fact that's what she is, should be good enough. Most of all, Charlene is PA's type and he will never have any other type.:cool:

Miraglia made a lot of sense, I donot see Prince Albert having a lasting marriage with Charlene. Contrary to what he might believe the age difference is going to matter within two years of marriage. She does look bored and out of her normal element. On a brighter note, she was flirting with every guy in sight- to me that is a harbinger . I also donot like to see people smoke, but Albert's entire family seem to have that malidy. Friends, let us hope that PA wakes up and falls in love with a beautiful, educated lady of class. I do not care what colour she is. There are good White, Black and Asian women from whom he can choose. You all are right- his choice of women are very very disappointing.

Haw can he expect the children of Monoco to respect him and listen to what he says regarding education, when he choose to date a totally uneducated women. No child in my parents house could have chosen to not have an education.

LadyMacAlpine said:
No one knows much about her family do they? I don't. She will need to have a dowry that is generally in the millions as with Grace. Unless Albert decides to wave all tradition and pay for everything himself. Clothes should always compliment the figure.

There have been many very smart people who have achieved even though they were drop outs. She can be taught, she can also be trained I know Grace had to learn things once she married Rainier.

Sebastian just so you know I was trying to point out the reasons for some people opinions of Charlene nothing more.

does this tradition of the dowry apply to all royalty or just MC royalty? Im not sure if I've heard of this as a requirement for recent royal marriages, waived or not. Not that it does not apply, I just have not heard of the any of the royal brides needing a dowry or any dowry requirement being waived

there was an article where she talked about her parents, so that can give an idea on them. Based on Charlene's words I definitely did not get the impression that she was from any aristocratic, or upper class family. Or even upper middle class. More like working class professionals. but that's just my opinion. If she keeps on with PA, we'll find out because it will be printed up on them

Last edited:
Prince Albert is a man like any other man. He is not perfect and made few mistakes like any other human being. The only problem is his mistakes are public knowledge. Fortunately, I believe in miracles and I think he would not marry Charlene. He is still looking for his soul mate, a woman who loves him for him not his royal status. I am not saying Charlene is attracted by his rank, maybe she truly loves him. However, she is not the one for him. She is his girlfriend for now because she is at the right place, at the right time. I'm pretty sure there is a woman who nobody heard of who would become the next Princess of Monaco. A woman who would be his confident, his partner, who would share his zest for life. A woman who would give him back some respectability. This woman would change the course of Monaco. I am praying for this woman and I hope he'll find her soon!
:)

Lady M I understood the comments made by Grace. I also took into account your reason for concurring with her post. My reply was I can appreciate the statement. Grace’s comments made a lot of sense. There are no blood ties and therefore no obligations to accept this reunion. People will agree to disagree regarding this relationship and they will continue to post their own opinions.

In the balcony pictures of CW she strongly resembles Stephanie in almost everyway. We know that Albert adores Stephanie so it makes sense if he did find a women, for example, who may remind one of his sister. Maybe he likes women who are more free-spirited than people believe a princess should be, he has often said that his father never approved of any women he was seriously interested in.

...he has often said that his father never approved of any women he was seriously interested in."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he probably should have listened to his father a little more closely....I mean, the guy (Rainer) probably had some experience with tiara chasers...

i don't know about charlene...

they both seem like they're young and enjoying life. it just seems as though one day prince albert will need someone less flashy and more reliable. i'm not saying that she isn't, but hopefully she understands what it means to be dating the head of state.

eded said:
Prince Albert is a man like any other man. He is not perfect and made few mistakes like any other human being. The only problem is his mistakes are public knowledge. Fortunately, I believe in miracles and I think he would not marry Charlene. He is still looking for his soul mate, a woman who loves him for him not his royal status. I am not saying Charlene is attracted by his rank, maybe she truly loves him. However, she is not the one for him. She is his girlfriend for now because she is at the right place, at the right time. I'm pretty sure there is a woman who nobody heard of who would become the next Princess of Monaco. A woman who would be his confident, his partner, who would share his zest for life. A woman who would give him back some respectability. This woman would change the course of Monaco. I am praying for this woman and I hope he'll find her soon!

The main, if Albert still belives that such Special Woman exists and he still have a chance to meet her. I dare to suppose that he may think that a "gold heart" filled with real love, sincerity and devotion" he will find among plain living people, but not in the cream of society. The chances are better than even...
I agree that at present time Monaco is higly needed in the new wave of respectability (that Charlene, alas, is not able to give) so that to avoid the conversion of Monaco from mass-media "operetta state" into "circus". I am sorry for these words, they are not my invention.
A kind-hearted, nice in many aspects (and, of course, high-educated and high-bred), woman from the middle class would be a real boon not only for him, but also for country. It would be a fine gesture of respect to people living there. But this is matter of chance...Some people are, unfortunately, unlucky in their dreams and expectations fulfillment...
One expression came to mind: "Greatness can be given by birth, it can be also achived by great efforts, but also it can be granted". I would like to wish PA to stay with that woman who deserves such generous grant.

Heidi P. said:
In the balcony pictures of CW she strongly resembles Stephanie in almost everyway. We know that Albert adores Stephanie so it makes sense if he did find a women, for example, who may remind one of his sister. Maybe he likes women who are more free-spirited than people believe a princess should be, he has often said that his father never approved of any women he was seriously interested in.
I agrre with you somehow - I mean it could be Albert kinda likes this type of girls ...:)

Last edited:
monacofan said:
i don't know about charlene...

they both seem like they're young and enjoying life.

Well, Charlene is young anyway. Maybe she makes Albert feel young. If they do marry, I just hope there are genuine feelings to carry them through it all.

She reminds me of Stephanie as well.

by eded

Amen Eded, I think his entire country is praying hard for this woman to reveal herself to PA Prayers can be powerful keep it up. Shre's out there PA just hang tight.

She reminds me of Stephanie as well.

Charlene looks nothing like Stephanie, sorry I don't see it.

WindsorIII said:
Charlene looks nothing like Stephanie, sorry I don't see it.

To me they seem to have similar personalities, at least from what I can tell not having ever met either of them.... I can't really support or explain it, it's just my perception.

Maybe that's why some thought Caroline looked older, maybe she's thinking "Two Stephanies, aye aye aye....."

As to me, besides masculine shoulders I see nothing between Stephanie and Charlene as well. It's too evident that they have different personalities. CW' spontaneity of a child looks too affected so to be natural. I would not say the same about Steph who does not pretend to look differently as she is.

Last edited:
Tosca said:
lea said:
Well, .

If his wife is to give him a heir, then she mustn't be over 40...;)

Not necessarily...difficult but doable. A very close friend is having her first at 41 and there are several women I know who had their first at 45. I wouldn't recommend it but remember there are women who are in their 20's who can't get pregnant. If you smoke, if you drink, if you drink coffee, if your BMI is too high or too low...all of these things affect fertility regardless of your age. A lot of these stats are done on averages...and people fall all over the range.

In my opinion, anything is better than CW

How ridiculas would it look if PA married CW then in a few years when her step daughter Jasmine Grace (who is on the Honor Roll at her high school btw) graduates from High School before CW does. Her lack of education would then make headlines around the world.

And by the way you can't use the comparison with Princess Diana. Diana was only 18 years old. By the time she was CW's age, she was Princess of Wales, mother of 2 boys, head of world renown charities, working for local causes and benefits, and 100 other things.

If CW were only an 18 year old girl then I would agree with you. But she's a 29 year old woman, who's done nothing to better her life since the year 2000.

What has CW done in the 6 years since the Olympics? She didn't try to go and finish school, she didn't go get a job and try to accomplish anything, but she sure finds the time to travel around the world try and nail a billionaire Prince with an eye for the ladies.

No I think there are plenty of other women out there he could have children with who are a much better choice than CW.

Alot of women in their 30s and early 40s have children every day. Just look at the boom in Hollywood.

Just my opinion.

Excellent post Windsor. I agree with everything you said.

What has CW done in the 6 years since the Olympics? She didn't try to go and finish school, she didn't go get a job and try to accomplish anything,

I'm not trying to defend CW, as I think she doesn't need to be defended by anyone, especially by a Mrs. Nobody, like I am. I don't like her either, but I do not understand why bear a grudge against her. As someone said in a previous post, Albert isn't our brother, so we are not obliged to accept her, although his sisters shouldn't interfere in his choices. They haven't been paragons of virtue either.

As for some people being more than sure that Caroline would have claimed the throne for herself, well, what surprises me is how these people know. I've always thought that they discussed about personal and family matters among themselves, like any other family does, and not in front of their friends, servants, staff or body guards.
In almost all posts CW is criticized for her behaviour, habits, background. What about Mette-Marit, then? She was a single mother when she met the CP of Norway, and had even had drug problems, if I'm not mistaken.
Some articles I've just read over the internet read that she's well liked by the Monegasques instead...:confused:

I have no grudge against her. I am just stating my opinion as to why I think she is unsuitable. Others can have their opinions.

Mine is that PA can do so much better than CW.

I'd like to see all these articles you just read that states how much the Monegasque people love her. Could you please post them.

I find it hard to believe.

I'd like to see all these articles you just read that states how much the Monegasque people love her. Could you please post them.

I find it hard to believe

Can you read Italian? The link is www.alexis.it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom