Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it shows he does recognize his american ancestry.

sebastian said:
I hope she's going to be there tomorrow - with all the family ! :)

I have a feeling she will attend. She seems to be his current girlfriend. So it is just normal. That does not necessarily mean marriage like a lot of people have been saying that if she attends then it means its serious. He has taken other women in the past.

I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by
now.

And as some one to help him with his duties and running monaco he has caroline and stephanie. It would probably be easier to stay single than to bring a wife in and complicate who does what .

Last edited:
seto said:
I just think it shows he does recognize his american ancestry.

Yes and he has always done that. I think its great. He is a head of state and not even a US citizen something his mother had to give up too when she married Ranier, but he loves to wear things like ties etc which shows the states is a part of him.

seto said:
I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by now.

Totally agree, the guy has no intentions of marrying. And i think its ok. Like you said, Ranier fixed that. Maybe albert even told him that he didn't think marriage was for him and that is what made him change the constitition. If PA wanted to marry, he could have done it along time ago. Well that is just my opinion. I don't think he wanted kids either. That is why he is so pissed about NC. But that is just my opinion.

As far as I know Albert never took a girl to either the Red Cross or the Rose Ball. There were girls there he knows and is friends with - but he never really took one girl there officially.

jabilo said:
...He is a head of state and not even a US citizen something his mother had to give up too when she married Ranier, ...

Did Princess Grace renounce her American citizenship? Was that a requirement when she married Prince Rainier?

sebastian said:
As far as I know Albert never took a girl to either the Red Cross or the Rose Ball. There were girls there he knows and is friends with - but he never really took one girl there officially.
Tasha who is supposed to be one of his ex's was there with him, though she was there responsible for the tombola. I have my doubts though tha he is bringing her, since that would bring the journalists of the MC matin in quite a delicate position. So far they didn't mention her and probably did not intend to until an official statement has been issued. While Caro was dating Vincent lindon, he wasn't attending for a long time and when he finally did, he wasn't seated at her table, although everyone knew that the were together. Also people there (lots of them important officials from MC) would not know how to behave towards her. She would be there as his GF and not in any function that would take the edge away from it. So I think it would be another awkwardness in this whole matter, if he would take her along before letting people know what she is for him.

He took Mary to the 1986 Red Cross Ball. I say he will be very happily married by the end of the year. Have faith he is a man with a heart that needs to be as satisfied as the rest of him and all of you.

seto said:
I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by
now.

And as some one to help him with his duties and running monaco he has caroline and stephanie. It would probably be easier to stay single than to bring a wife in and complicate who does what .

I think a psycologist would have a field day analising Albert...I know I would. I wonder why he has not commited-of course he has every right to choose not to but it would be interesting to know

Lil princess lost said:
I think a psycologist would have a field day analising Albert...I know I would. I wonder why he has not commited-of course he has every right to choose not to but it would be interesting to know

I think a psychologist would have a field day analyzing the heads of everyone on this board that is obsessed with Albert getting married.:D

mw7060a said:
Did Princess Grace renounce her American citizenship? Was that a requirement when she married Prince Rainier?

no, she didn't have to. in fact for a while everyone in the family had an american passport but something about taxes made them renounce them and just keep their monegasque passports.

[SIZE=+1] Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock will sue Paris Match

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock vont assigner Paris Match[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"MONACO (AFP) - Le prince Albert II de Monaco et la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wikttstock vont assigner Hachette Filipacchi Associés (société éditrice de l'hebdomadaire Paris Match), a déclaré vendredi à l'AFP Me Thierry Lacoste, avocat de la famille Grimaldi.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Au nom du prince et de Charlene Wittstock, je vais assigner la société éditrice de Paris Match en dommages et intérêts pour atteinte à la vie privée et atteinte au droit à l'image", a déclaré Me Lacoste joint par téléphone"
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/24032006/202/albert-de-monaco-et-charlene-wittstock-vont-assigner-paris-match.html

google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.news.yahoo.com%2F24032006%2F202%2Falbert-de-monaco-et-charlene-wittstock-vont-assigner-paris-match.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Tamar
[/SIZE]

tamarindi said:

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock vont assigner Paris Match[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"MONACO (AFP) - Le prince Albert II de Monaco et la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wikttstock vont assigner Hachette Filipacchi Associés (société éditrice de l'hebdomadaire Paris Match), a déclaré vendredi à l'AFP Me Thierry Lacoste, avocat de la famille Grimaldi.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Au nom du prince et de Charlene Wittstock, je vais assigner la société éditrice de Paris Match en dommages et intérêts pour atteinte à la vie privée et atteinte au droit à l'image", a déclaré Me Lacoste joint par téléphone"
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/24032006/202/albert-de-monaco-et-charlene-wittstock-vont-assigner-paris-match.html
[/SIZE]

Are you kidding me??????????????? This just seems a little weird to me...first CW is kissing up to PM and now she & PA are suing them???????? AGAIN? You can't have it both ways... Are they suing Gala, Point de Vue, and all the Italian and Spanish magazines that published photos and called their trip a "honeymoon?" It's a little late now to try to protect CW's image and their privacy after Torino and all the PR pieces... I don't get it...

pinklady1991 said:
Are you kidding me??????????????? This just seems a little weird to me...first CW is kissing up to PM and now she & PA are suing them???????? AGAIN? You can't have it both ways... Are they suing Gala, Point de Vue, and all the Italian and Spanish magazines that published photos and called their trip a "honeymoon?" It's a little late now to try to protect CW's image and their privacy after Torino and all the PR pieces... I don't get it...
I know what you mean.... I still don't know whether to laugh or to cry

tamarindi said:
I know what you mean.... I still don't know whether to laugh or to cry

To be honest I don't really understand it neither. They should be more open and I always thought it is right that they can't have it just the way they want it and control it. At some points they step out into the public and then again they're not willing to take things as they go on.
It's the same thing I was talking about here!

Wouaa, I find myself critizising this family :eek:;) - but I've been discussing this issue with my sister several times - we always come to the same conclusion.
Either there's some point behind it I don't understand or we're wrong.

PA really wants the press to respect his privacy (pause for chuckles).

But by attaching Charlene to the suit, he is giving her more status, which is just making the tongue (and mouse) wagging worse.

Ann

enchantednights said:
no, she didn't have to. in fact for a while everyone in the family had an american passport but something about taxes made them renounce them and just keep their monegasque passports.
All American citizens living in MC have to pay tax to the US.

I don't understand this frenzied behaviour of theirs either...
Once I read some speculations about the Principality of Monaco owing some 20% shares of the Rizzoli-Corriere Della Sera media group. If this is true, are they going to sue their own media?

They might have bought an interest in the media group in hopes of controlling the content.

William Randolph Hearst built his empire that way.

Ann

Suonymona said:
PA really wants the press to respect his privacy (pause for chuckles).

But by attaching Charlene to the suit, he is giving her more status, which is just making the tongue (and mouse) wagging worse.

Ann

If he didn't want the press around them, he should have not taken her to Torino and on vacation and paraded around for the press. I still feel that someone tipped off the press for that b/c it was a pretty secluded resort. Yes, some of the photos were of private moments, but you can't have it both ways.

Yes, I guess she is officially his gf now, but it's a weird public statement, more like she's his official mistress. I can't see the Catholic Church smiling too broadly on this impending union...it may be the 21st century for everyone else, but Rome probably expects more discretion from such public figures.

tamarindi said:

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.news.yahoo.com%2F24032006%2F202%2Falbert-de-monaco-et-charlene-wittstock-vont-assigner-paris-match.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Tamar
[/SIZE]
I think he should fire his lawyer and get his head examined. You can't sue them for publishing paparazzi fotos (for whom they were obviously posing once they noticed them), then arrange an interview with PM for her in order to have some sort of publicity for her and then sue them.

I suppose that he is not pleased with what people think of her (since the mags didn't report anything bad, on the contrary they already style them as THE glamour couple which obviously many of us fail to see) as he has probably been told or read himself on all sorts of boards. But that is his own fault not PMs or any other magazines. It is time he'd take some responsibility for his actions instead of blaming it on others. (is he turning into Princess Di?). There is nothing wrong with protecting his privacy and I respect what he has done so far. But you can't go to an international media event smooshing with your gf as a head of state and hope no one will notice.

If he wants her to be seen positive he has to get together BEFORE he goes public with his highly paid PR advisors (they can't do a good job, when he doesn't talk to them !!!) and not come running afterwards like a spoilt brat running to mummy (in this case justice) once the dammage is done and blame his own deficiencies on others. The damage he causes now to the image of MC is much greater then the harm that he experiences in his private life. He is going to make people serious doubt his competence and his leadership. He is making himself a laughing stock (the comedians will have a field day there) and MC with it. I am absolutely disappointed in what's happening presently and makes me wonder - to put it bluntly- whether he doesn't have some screws loose here. This is not what MC needs and even if I am not thrilled by CW, if he would have handled the situation more souvereign (just as it says in his title Prince souvereign), I might have just ignored her as long as he does a good job, but lately I don't see much of that either. And I am starting to think that ever since he has been in SA in December things are slowly going downhill in regards to his job. If that is her influence on him, god help us if she is his real McCoy.:( :( :(

How can he sue when he was in a public place and the pictures were taken. It seems to me if wanted privacy he would have stayed on a private island and not where the press could get at him. If he wanted it private it could have been he knows how to do this quite well it seems

I dont think it's her influence on him he is a grown man and should know better. He probably embarrassed himself and found people were not impressed with her or his behaviour. And has decided to blame the press and say they invaded his privacy .

Last edited:
Not again <very deep sigh here>. I really don't understand PA. Why?

The lawsuit against Paris Match over the whole NC/Alexandre thing was stupid. If he had to sue anyone, it was NC. She went to the media and you can't shoot the messenger. (Worst bit was that PM lost).
And now PM again. It's not as if they were the first mag to publish the pictures either. Has PA a private vendetta against PM or something? And why?

Sorry, but I don't see the logic here. I don't even see sense here.

A question for anyone who has had the chance to read the article:
I found it a strange article, not fitting to PM at all. More a tabloidy thingy with barely any text and only pictures. It gave me the feeling that they only did it to annoy PA. Is that just me?

:confused:

G.
<De-lurking to express utter incomprehension>

Ghislaine said:
Not again <very deep sigh here>. I really don't understand PA. Why?

The lawsuit against Paris Match over the whole NC/Alexandre thing was stupid. If he had to sue anyone, it was NC. She went to the media and you can't shoot the messenger. (Worst bit was that PM lost).
And now PM again. It's not as if they were the first mag to publish the pictures either. Has PA a private vendetta against PM or something? And why?

Sorry, but I don't see the logic here. I don't even see sense here.

A question for anyone who has had the chance to read the article:
I found it a strange article, not fitting to PM at all. More a tabloidy thingy with barely any text and only pictures. It gave me the feeling that they only did it to annoy PA. Is that just me?

:confused:

G.
<De-lurking to express utter incomprehension>

Maybe that's why he's sueing them there. If they would stick to thir well prepared articles they'd be better of that's for sure.
Could it be there's some invader at Maris Match ?

paca said:
All American citizens living in MC have to pay tax to the US.

Yes, this is true. Doesn't matter where you live, if your a US citizen, you have to pay taxes, if you keep your money in a US bank. And I do believe Grace had to give up her citizenship. American citizens are forbidden by the constitution to hold any titles. She could not legally or officially take on the title of Princess without forfitting her citizenship.

As for this lawsuit. I think it's probably just for show. Maybe trying to salvage her reputation but in any case, them travelling around shacking up in hotel rooms does not make her look good. It does make her look more like a mistress than a princess. Largely because of her own behavior. She was all over him. Not necessarily inappropriate, but not such a good PR move, and the kind of thing that makes people speculate about her motives. I do not think he will win. He was in a public place and in a good number of the pictures they were both smiling at the camera.

this business on Albert suing magazines for taking and publishing photos of him is tiresome.

He paraded her around in public at the absolute highest profile event in the world.

She gave interview to the magazine -- now they supposed are suing PM. For what reason??

Who is she that she can sue the magazine after parading around and hanging all over Albert like that -- and he let her do it in public. They were not trying to hide anything!

If Prince Charles of England sued every magazine for taking pictures of him while he was going around he'd be suing everybody, always.

And as far as PA his being taken advantage of by women, I begin to wonder how much he sets himself up for? He's almost 50 yr old man, experienced in many, many things, should understand women by now, and should know better when it comes to his and other people's behavior. He has his whole life experience being a Prince, and he understands what it means (at least he should by now).

How could one believe he is so completely innocent on such matters?

Last edited:
i also find it hard to believe that women can take advantage of him but i have a question. i havent watch other royal couples dateing so did any of them behave like charlene and prince albert? or were they more traditional in their behavior?

semisquare said:
i also find it hard to believe that women can take advantage of him but i have a question. i havent watch other royal couples dateing so did any of them behave like charlene and prince albert? or were they more traditional in their behavior?

Leti and Felipe were incredibly discreet and Mary and Fred were pretty discreet too, but they always managed to show affection just not to the extent of Albi. and Maxi and Alex did not behave like that so basically no, they were all pretty smart about it.

I believe the most recent couple is Prince Joachim of Denmark with his new gf. They have both been seen before (though not like PA and CW), rumours were out and she gave an interview to a mag to talk about it. He was asked about it and confirmed that he was a happy man. All very decent from what I gather though it was apparently unusual that she would get her say first. I think it was not badly done and I also think that people will be much less all over them, criticising their behaviour. They sort of got themselves "permission" from the public (besides she seems a pretty stylish, ladylike person, so I doubt any "off" behaviour has to be feared there).

As to PA sueing PM, Frances laws are pretty strikt. They might have had to join CW in it in order to have a chance to win. She is a private person and has a right to kiss her bf whereever, whenever and whichever way she likes. Things are different with him now. If he would win though, it would be a very unpopular decision and I am sure that this, as well as its predecessor, will end up at the European court. Since in other countries the same publications have been made and it is unlikely that he would win in any of them if he even tried to sue, the european court might actually get France to change things closer to the standards of other countries (with regards to liberty of the press, especially since they were in both cases not telling lies) and that will ultimately backfire not only on the Grimaldis, but a lot of other people as well. So if that happens, PA will not be very popular with a lot of high profile people. (btw he and his sisters are already on the top of the list of making the most money out of these law suits)

In any case I still believe that if you are in a certain position and you don't want to be photographed in certain ways, just don't do it then you don't need to complain after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom