Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
{response to deleted post edited out for consistency - Elspeth}

Prince Albert could lose most of us on this thread around the block two times. None of us on this thread run in his circle of friends. No pun intended by this comment.

What makes you think PA is stupid and can not select a female companion? Half of these comments regarding him are hilarious. These remarks are only speculations and without merit.

Paca resides in the vicinity of Monaco and she posted, “all is quiet”. If Albert was getting married or engaged, an official announcement would been made known. There is nothing proclaimed of this matter. Where is all of this gossip coming from?

Why are people tearing down Charlene like this? How can people make comments about someone you do not know? This is being judgmental and who are we to judge? Before the Olympics no one knew anything about Charlene. As soon as the tabloids printed pictures of her and PA sitting cozy together, all hell broke loose. It has been downhill for this woman ever since. This is so unfortunate. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyMacAlpine said:
I am going to disagree education is not important to be his wife and mother to his children. While it might be nice to have a woman at his side who is well educated due to the standards of today's mental attitude that you aren't smart without a degree and therefore won't hire you. I find the topic of uneducated in school as being as prejudice as racism. You know no one has proved Charlene didn't have wonderful grades in school. Alicia was seen as a good candidate for him as a wife. Strange she didn't have a college degree in fact took time off to go for the Olympics and date Albert.

Am I correct in thinking that Grace didn't have a college degree? Caroline didn't graduate either nor did Stephanie have a degree. Being able to have conversations with people doesn't require a college degree if you think it does you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't like what Nicole did in going public as she did and her stories weren't matching up and said it. I'm going to use the Tamara Rotolo case to try for changes in laws to protect minors from the press and the other parties involved in paternity suits in this country. Albert's rights to privacy have been violated.

This thing with Charlene is also out of hand. She spoke of her goals and has been attacked. They are both adults and she is apparently a willing party plus he is enjoying her company big deal its honestly no ones business but theirs until he announces they are engaged she is just one more girlfriend he has had and been seen in public with on a date. How is he suppose to know if a woman will fit into his life unless he gives it a go? He won't and saying for him to only date college educated woman is PREJUDGE to a woman with a beautiful heart he might have fallen in love with.

Albert is a man who has needs and has admitted publicly needs companionship, people around him he is not like his father who was a loner. Give him and his girlfriends a break no wonder some have run not from him but the public and press attention.

I'm sorry when i said education, i did not mean a college degree necessarily. But you need to have a good knowledge of quite a bit or at least be willing to learn. Not just a door knob. And it is true, I for one am not judging CW on anything because she has not given me any reason to. I don't think she has done anything wrong but hang out with her boyfriend or whoever he is to her. People show PDA in public all the time especially in europe and i lived in france for many years so it was not strange. And i don't think he has a problem with her because after she talked to the press the first time in 2001 was enough for him to be weary of her and yet here he is. NOn of us know what he is going to do but if he has to marry her then so be it. I really hope its for real and they announce their engagement. Or just elope for that matter since he loves doing everything in secret and then suprising everyone. That would be cool.

I really like the diversity of opinions presented in this thread. It's amazing to bond with people from all over the world while discussing common interests in a respectful manner. No one is malicious when they state an opposing view..
Having said that, I do think Prince Albert can be duped by the wrong woman... I remember that he once felt "set-up" by a woman he chose to date for many years.
I admit that I am not impressed by CW -- my Pisces intuition is very concerned about the match-up; but I totally respect people who think she's just fine.....
Very few of us actually know these people --so of course we speculate on what we here and see--that's the fun part! The purpose of this forum is to share our differing views and I truly hope no one feels they can't share their thoughts...

lynda said:
Semi, you are so naïve, Prince Albert could lose most of us on this thread around the block two times. None of us on this thread run in his circle of friends. No pun intended by this comment.

What makes you think PA is stupid and can not select a female companion? Half of these comments regarding him are hilarious. These remarks are only speculations and without merit.

Paca resides in the vicinity of Monaco and she posted, “all is quiet”. If Albert was getting married or engaged, an official announcement would been made known. There is nothing proclaimed of this matter. Where is all of this gossip coming from?

Why are people tearing down Charlene like this? How can people make comments about someone you do not know? This is being judgmental and who are we to judge? Before the Olympics no one knew anything about Charlene. As soon as the tabloids printed pictures of her and PA sitting cozy together, all hell broke loose. It has been downhill for this woman ever since. This is so unfortunate. :(

well, CW is lucky on the comments side, imo.

i did not like what she did either, but honestly, the comments about this girl are not nearly as nasty and venomous as the ones made about Albert's former & actual paramour (NC), and she was going around doing the same exact thing that CW is doing with Albie, and at least NC said she attended college and that education was important to her.:cool:

Last edited:
teense said:
I really like the diversity of opinions presented in this thread. It's amazing to bond with people from all over the world while discussing common interests in a respectful manner. No one is malicious when they state an opposing view..
Having said that, I do think Prince Albert can be duped by the wrong woman... I remember that he once felt "set-up" by a woman he chose to date for many years.
I admit that I am not impressed by CW -- my Pisces intuition is very concerned about the match-up; but I totally respect people who think she's just fine.....
Very few of us actually know these people --so of course we speculate on what we here and see--that's the fun part! The purpose of this forum is to share our differing views and I truly hope no one feels they can't share their thoughts...

Yeah i agree, all we are doing is taking up from what we read and see and some of us just by guessing and some even from their own wishes. I know someone who said they prefer him to stay single just because it leaves the hope that she might be the one. Like as long as he is single then all the women out there who love him to death can take a sigh of relief and go "thank god that did not work out with .........so i still have a chance with him."

jabilo said:
Yeah i agree, all we are doing is taking up from what we read and see and some of us just by guessing and some even from their own wishes. I know someone who said they prefer him to stay single just because it leaves the hope that she might be the one. Like as long as he is single then all the women out there who love him to death can take a sigh of relief and go "thank god that did not work out with .........so i still have a chance with him."

I think many on these boards would prefer Albert to married and settled...but with someone that is in line with the type of person they believe would be good for him-and Monaco.

Therein lies the rub. Which is why I think Albert is still single. While he could have fallen in love and married at least three of his former girlfriends, he did not because either they did not want to or could not fit the bill of those who advise him (family and council alike).

Albert wants to marry for love but he knows his choice must be prepared to handle the scrutiny and stress of thousands of people's expectations-and be willing to address if not live up to them.

I think Albert an interesting guy, but from what I know (personally, second-hand and via media--including these boards) I would not want the job of the HSH Mrs. Albert II [not official title I know]. I don't think I could love someone enough to go through what will be demanded of her.

Ann

MyAdia said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Some people think Prince Albert's and Ms. Wittstock's antics during the Olypics opening ceremony were inappropriate for a leader of a nation (and a 48 year-old man), you may not. Again, difference of opinions.

I don't think anyone should try to silence others in this thread who may not share more intense feelings towards Prince Albert.
Difference of opinion I bold typed what you said and I don't recall ever saying I felt it appropriate or not. I didn't see Charlene (nice name BTW) sit on his lap only read it in here. He was on a private date with her not in an official capacity if I am correct. Private is the key word the press found him and got the photo's of their affections.

I don't know who is trying to silence others in this thread either [ed]. Reread my post I was voiceing my opinion and was talking about trying to change laws to protect minors from the press and public due to paternity suits etc. Albert's rights to privacy on that were violated.

AADA students who graduate in New York receive a Degree of Associate in Occupational Studies; students who graduate in Hollywood receive a Certificate of Completion or an Associate of Arts Degree in Acting. I was referring to a degree from a college like Amhurst which Albert attended and Princeton which Brooke Shields attended as well as AADA. I don't see the necessity of a college degree to be a wife and mother. AADA as well, providing a structured, professionally oriented program that stresses self-discovery, self-discipline and individuality. If anyone thinks Charlene as a swimmer doesn't get that they aren't paying attention to what athletics do.

I will now retire from these conversations I have work to do. Going for some fresh air and play at the pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys.....i was just on another board and what i am reading there is even more surprising about the state of PA and charlene`s relationship. I dont want to post rumours so i will post a link to the post on another board. if anyone knows more please tell.....thanks:)

http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.php?p=131162#post131162

read the last post about charlene getting a PR rep and trainer...

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
I think many on these boards would prefer Albert to married and settled...but with someone that is in line with the type of person they believe would be good for him-and Monaco.

Therein lies the rub. Which is why I think Albert is still single. While he could have fallen in love and married at least three of his former girlfriends, he did not because either they did not want to or could not fit the bill of those who advise him (family and council alike).

Albert wants to marry for love but he knows his choice must be prepared to handle the scrutiny and stress of thousands of people's expectations-and be willing to address if not live up to them.

I think Albert an interesting guy, but from what I know (personally, second-hand and via media--including these boards) I would not want the job of the HSH Mrs. Albert II [not official title I know]. I don't think I could love someone enough to go through what will be demanded of her.

Ann
Albert could have married whenever he wanted to whomever he wanted over the last 20 years just as all of the other European princes have done. He uses the same old excuses of why he is not married and it is old and tired. He may marry CW but she is much like all of the other girls he has picked up over the years and so there is nothing special or different about her when compared to the dozens of women he's been with.

You can't read that post without being a member. I'm going to post it over here with Stanley's consent. Its a rough translation of a new Bunte (german tabloid) article. Consider the source, but its an startling read nonetheless.
----------------------------
According to Bunte who's quoting a palace insider the relationship is serious and he's dating her exclusively-which I suppose its a big thing!!

According to the same mag:
1. After the Torino story A got Charlene a PR person, she's an american called Dawn East, who's in permanent contact with Armand Deus, the palace spokesman. All interviews are approved by him.

2. Her trainer has been contacted by the press and confessed that Charlene told him he'll understand later what is going on now and why she can't talk to anybody about this relationship.(So something will happen perhaps at some point)

3. Charlene will get an official web page which will help with her image -they realized that intoxicating the people through magazines is a bad idea

4. two palace diplomats (the MC consul in SA, Francis Kasara and the SA consul in MC, J Orecchia) will be delegated to insure Charlene's safety and protection while she's traveling or in those countries.

5. Charlene will be taking french lessons with a teacher, she currently speaks english, afrikaan, and some german

6. Because Charlene is anglican she'll have to convert to the Catholic religion, as a consequence the Monseniore Barsi who's the head of the Catholic Church in MC contacted Priest Wilfried Fox Napier in SA to initiate the woman into the catholic beliefs. This may explain also the private visit that A had with Prince Charles a week ago, since the Queen is the head of the Anglican Church they need her release for her to convert.
When the rummor of his engagement with Tasha de V appeared in the press in 2001, the palace denied it immediately. This time it didn't happen. This says a lot!!

These things seem very serious and well researched, can't be just tabloid fantasy. It looks like there might be a wedding after all, we'll see if this week his PR will approve of her attending the ball or they think she's not well trained for this kind of event....If I can believe that he likes her(?!), I have serious doubts that she would have looked at him even for a second if he wouldn't be who he is. Doesn't he ask himself this question? has he been looking at the man she's been dating before him? He's making a big mistake if he really goes trough with this…
--------------------------

ETA: Everything between the ------- s are Stanley's. My own thoughts regarding Charlene are posted elsewhere in this thread.

Ann

Last edited:
teense said:

Bravo, teense...yes, I like the diversity on the board too -- I'm always thrilled when our European friends post photos and articles that go by unnoticed in the States. And the Forum is a place where we are expected to state our opinions and most of the time it is done in a respectful manner. And it is fun to speculate on those who, for better or for worse, live their lives on the public stage.

I agree with your analysis...Albert has been duped in the past by a woman he thought he could trust; I don't blame him for being guarded in some situations. I like you, am not that impressed with CW, my Libran sense of propriety was a bit put off by some of her behaviour and the rush to capitalize on all the attention being sent her way. But that's jmo...

Suonymona said:
You can't read that post without being a member. I'm going to post it over here with Stanley's consent. Its a rough translation of a new Bunte (german tabloid) article. Consider the source, but its an startling read nonetheless.
-

Sorry for the edits, but I didn't want the post to be too long. I agree, it is quite startling...but look at the source. It's hard to believe that an "insider" would give away these details (to know all of this, he/she would have to be pretty high up) and still be employed. Granted, the list of specific names is impressive but I still can't imagine that an official leak would go to Bunte...and as Paca has said nothing is being said in MC. Probably figure denying anything at this point, after they were seen together in The Maldives, would add more fuel to the fire. If all the Palace did was squash these rumours, they would get nothing else done.

I didn't think you had to be "released" from your old religion in order to convert to a new one. Does anyone have any insight on this? I can't imagine how a web page would be any different than the magazines either...anything put up would be the same substance as the magazines. I thought her PR person was from Australia -- at least that's what the PM article said (and I think they have more credibility). What does everyone else think?

Laviollette said:
Great points especially about the "lack of intellectual curiousity." But doesn't PA know what will be the most suitable princess for MC? I hate to keep beating this into the ground, but it is his lack of responsibility that he refuses to involve women in his life who are intellectually curious. Those kinds of women don't seem to excite him the way swooning types who are less educated than he is seem to.

I agree, It's not that she doesn't have a formal education. It's that so far she chose to show what looks like emotional immaturity (which questions his). And since there's a 20 yr age difference, it only emphasises it. I don't think he is insecure in his intelligence as much as perhaps he is insecure in his looks. Many men feel the need to date very young, attractive, great body girls to validate themselves & they ignore the rest.

Being that he is so much older than her, one would hope she would be more mature for her age. It's not just what seems like her lack of immaturity & intelligence "Mandela's like my grandpa"?, But what seems like a lack of integrity. I think some of us would like to see him with someone who cares about him for the man he is & not the Prince he is. Being in his position & in a fishbowl, you would think he might want someone (he could trust) to share his vulnerbilities with instead of exploiting them? Sadly he seems to choose the later. For his sake I hope we're wrong about her? I'm curious does anybody know if he has ever dated anyone close to his own age?

MyAdia said:
I am curious, was the personal interview in Paris Match with a current one of Prince Albert girlfriends a precedent? Since he just sued that magazine, I doubt if she would have done that interview without his knowledge (or perhaps his approval or even suggestion). at the minimum, he could not have been upset with her about the interview since only days later he celebrated his birthday with her (and other friends) in a very very public gathering. You have to admit the couple of photographers right there in their midst (including the one actually taking the pictures) had to be arranged or agreed upon.

So, if Prince albert shows up at the Rose Ball with Ms. Charlene Wittstock, would this signify to any of you that...
a) She is probably the one ...the next HSH Princess of Monaco
b) It does not really say anything (maybe because he has taken other girls in the past) or
c) Who knows ...

That was the point I was trying to make in my previous post re: the interview. I don't understand whatever the relationship is why they would want to trot her out & why on earth she would want to be. I always respected him for protecting his privacy & she should want to protect hers. Anybody with any grace wouldn't want the publicity & would want to keep their relationship private as long as they could.

Even if she's the bees knees for him, why not just bring her to the ball in a respectable way. Not that they shoudn't go anywhere together, but there is a lot of not so subtle preening for the camera. He did announce he was going to be in the Maldives for his Bday w/ friends & family. Why is it necessary to tell where you are going to be if you plan on spending some private romantic time with your girlfriend? I caught the prof. photographer too. Why??

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
----------------------------
According to Bunte....

snip

These things seem very serious and well researched, can't be just tabloid fantasy. --------------------------

Just a short information about BUNTE. It's not fair to put Bunte in the same category as normal tabloids or Yellow Press Magazines (even though the name "Bunte = "colourful" hints at it, in Germany the Yellow press is called "Regenbogenpresse" = Rainbow press).

It's true that Bunte is a gossip magazine but one which is on the market for decades - maybe even for half or the century. During this time the editors and publisher Burda have proved that they are able to keep quiet about their sources and that they pay well. In addition they are known for playing fair - as much as it is possible in this part of journalism. Thus they have built up very good connections - especially to the Monegasse Court as this is a country where the readers of Bunte are especially interested in - and thus is worth spending lots of money for information.

While I'm personally not a fan of Bunte because their writing is most of the time rather flat (the stuff you read at the hairdresser's :) ), I have to say that their information is reliable most of the time - especially when it comes to name dropping. It is an accepted magazine in society circles as well and is read along with Vogue or Elle: you simply have to have read it in order to know who is who.

Thus, I personally wouldn't wonder if the info is reliable.

I have a hard time trusting any publication that is profit motivated, which means all of them. It's not that they intentionally fabricate things it's that they use exageration and puff language to make it more interesting. It's a slippery slope. You can go ahead and put Brute and the New York Times in the same catagory,,,though they cover different topics, they aim to sell papers.

I do not know that CW showing up at the Rose Ball is any big deal. Hasn't PA taken other women in the past? If I were him I'd be running out to find a girlfriend just to get the other women off my back....

A formal education is Very important. By this I mean a college, four year degree from a university. I sited in an earlier post a certain British royal who showed up at a party in a Nazi uniform. He either wasn't listening that day in class or completely fails to understand the social, economic, humanitarian, and political global impact of WWII. This was a complete embarrassment for the entire Britsh royal family. With their resources, they should be able to raise a kid with a broader concept of the world. It's about a level of exposure unavailable outside of a academic setting. Another more common example would be listening to someone at a cocktail party and realizing they are using words, and they don't reallly know what they mean. You know, like big words with complex meanings. These people just come off looking stupid. Paris Hilton has recently been quoted in the press making these kinds of errors. I think the most important reason for a formal education is so one has the ability to carry an intellectual conversation without grasping for ideas, a skill that can only come from reading a lot, followed by academic debate.

Education is the greatest social divider that exhists. CW will immediately be cast into a lesser role because she lacks a formal education. Does that mean she's less important or dumb? No not at all, but to dismiss the importance of education publically, in her interview, shows a lack of understanding about how important and prevalent this divide is.

I also saw two pictures of CW laying on PA lap. Both were posted on this forum but I could not find them when I went back to dig them up. In the first shot, they are both unaware a picture is being taken. In the second shot, taken from the opposite angle, CW is smiling right at the camera and PA is leaning forward and crouching down. In what looks like an effort to get her off his lap. Pictures do not lie. He was noticable uncomfortable in the second shot. I do not lay in my husband lap in public because it's suggesstive. It was clearly innappropriate and that's probably why the pics disappeared.

I've read some things that seems VERY anti CW, including opnions that are just rash but she was not really presented to the public in a respectable way. Not only her actions but also the things she said. It's also quite obvious they are just sort of hopping around from hotel room to hotel room. Which is their right but not such a smart PR move. And anyone who wants to argue that they are not sleeping is complelety off their rocker.

Jo of Palatine said:
Just a short information about BUNTE. It's not fair to put Bunte in the same category as normal tabloids or Yellow Press Magazines (even though the name "Bunte = "colourful" hints at it, in Germany the Yellow press is called "Regenbogenpresse" = Rainbow press).

It's true that Bunte is a gossip magazine but one which is on the market for decades - maybe even for half or the century. During this time the editors and publisher Burda have proved that they are able to keep quiet about their sources and that they pay well. In addition they are known for playing fair - as much as it is possible in this part of journalism. Thus they have built up very good connections - especially to the Monegasse Court as this is a country where the readers of Bunte are especially interested in - and thus is worth spending lots of money for information.

While I'm personally not a fan of Bunte because their writing is most of the time rather flat (the stuff you read at the hairdresser's :) ), I have to say that their information is reliable most of the time - especially when it comes to name dropping. It is an accepted magazine in society circles as well and is read along with Vogue or Elle: you simply have to have read it in order to know who is who.

Thus, I personally wouldn't wonder if the info is reliable.

Well, that seems reassuring. I couldn't find the article on their website, and I wonder why any other magazine wouldn't be following suit. To sell more issues, I would think that Bunte would publicize such a scoop. Then again, I'm skeptical by nature...have to see to believe...

I'm not sure if I would trust what BUNTE is saying... But they seem to handle a lot of stuff (esp. stories about Monaco) with care lately. So who knows.... I will scan that article, just wait a minute...

pink

Perhaps its from the newest issue not updated on the website? Stanley didn't say which issue exactly, just that it was Bunte. He should be PM'd to specify details.

Ann

Well here is the article, I marked the part that was translated before. It's in german and it's the issue from last Thursday - BUNTE

s1m8o9.jpg

This looks like it was March 12th...still wonder why no one else jumped on it... I stand corrected...

I really think all this is just gossip and you can't believe everything you read. As for her education just because she does't have a college degree doesn't mean she's is stupid. At no age do you stop learning and sometimes you learn more from life than any book can teach you. There are a lot of people with book smarts and no common sense.

The pictures from the Bunte article show that Charlene sure has fun jerking PA around! ;)

leahteresa said:
A formal education is Very important. By this I mean a college, four year degree from a university. I sited in an earlier post a certain British royal who showed up at a party in a Nazi uniform. He either wasn't listening that day in class or completely fails to understand the social, economic, humanitarian, and political global impact of WWII. This was a complete embarrassment for the entire Britsh royal family. With their resources, they should be able to raise a kid with a broader concept of the world. It's about a level of exposure unavailable outside of a academic setting. Another more common example would be listening to someone at a cocktail party and realizing they are using words, and they don't reallly know what they mean. You know, like big words with complex meanings. These people just come off looking stupid. Paris Hilton has recently been quoted in the press making these kinds of errors. I think the most important reason for a formal education is so one has the ability to carry an intellectual conversation without grasping for ideas, a skill that can only come from reading a lot, followed by academic debate.

Education is the greatest social divider that exhists. CW will immediately be cast into a lesser role because she lacks a formal education. Does that mean she's less important or dumb? No not at all, but to dismiss the importance of education publically, in her interview, shows a lack of understanding about how important and prevalent this divide is.

I've read some things that seems VERY anti CW, including opnions that are just rash but she was not really presented to the public in a respectable way. Not only her actions but also the things she said. It's also quite obvious they are just sort of hopping around from hotel room to hotel room. Which is their right but not such a smart PR move. And anyone who wants to argue that they are not sleeping is complelety off their rocker.
Formal education isn't important to be Albert's wife and mother of his children. If anyone can talk with him and he has no problems with her then she will learn what is necessary as I have and Princess Diana did who had no formal education. Her problem wasn't her lack of education as someone said. If Albert falls in love with a woman wants her to be his wife there are enough people to teach and train her in all area's even as Grace had to learn new things when she married Rainier. Only another Royal or raised to be the wife of one would be able to walk right in and fit completely. According to what I heard Diana had to be taught how to dress, descend a stair case, etc., and she was born with a title.

Give Charlene a break none of you know anything about her really. You know what? She was on a date with him and sat on his lap. Big deal so its not something you would likely find me doing unless I was drunk. Anyone ever consider she might not have even thought about who he was but thought she was just with another boyfriend and was being affectionate and playful with him? I hear with Albert its hard to forget he is a Prince and head of State since he is a regular sort of guy and treats all the same no matter what your social class.

Albert is now on his own no one can tell him what he can't do. In many ways he is like a teenager in his first relationship. He wasn't allowed to take dates when he first began attending those events in Monaco. He felt that was part of what caused the talk he was gay. Look at it this way he is fully out of the closet NOT gay and with females. I had photo's of him kissing woman, etc., but didn't post them nor were they ever posted in the Forum. At least she is not yet topless in the photo's as other woman who have been photographed with him.

PS you can still send me PM's if you want its our opinions here. I know things are not always as they appear :p

No, she does not need a formal education to be Alberts wife. I never said anything like that. If all she has to do is decend a staircase, walk straight, birth babies, and take a good photo, she's in the clear. What I was trying to say and point out is that lacking a formal education increases the chances of a foot in the mouth, an innappropriate comment, a misunderstanding. I've seen it happen on public levels to officials and even just at parties.

Diana was in some ways the worst thing that ever happend to the British royal family. In others she was great, but I think her impact on Charles' legacy will be negative and profound. Largely because of Charles's own actions but I contend, an educated woman or even a smarter woman, would have found a way to take care of Camilla and hang on to the crown. Silence was her greatest asset, instead of using it, she went to the press and closed a door she could have left open.

Oh, and she wasn't sitting on his lap, they were in the bleachers and she was laying between his legs.

I may have missed this, but could Prince Albert be waiting for the one year mourning period to pass before he annouces his engagement?

leahteresa said:
No, she does not need a formal education to be Alberts wife. I never said anything like that. If all she has to do is decend a staircase, walk straight, birth babies, and take a good photo, she's in the clear. What I was trying to say and point out is that lacking a formal education increases the chances of a foot in the mouth, an innappropriate comment, a misunderstanding. I've seen it happen on public levels to officials and even just at parties.

Diana was in some ways the worst thing that ever happend to the British royal family. In others she was great, but I think her impact on Charles' legacy will be negative and profound. Largely because of Charles's own actions but I contend, an educated woman or even a smarter woman, would have found a way to take care of Camilla and hang on to the crown. Silence was her greatest asset, instead of using it, she went to the press and closed a door she could have left open.

Oh, and she wasn't sitting on his lap, they were in the bleachers and she was laying between his legs.

I think what leah is trying to say is that while a formal degree isn't necessary there are certain "rough edges" (for lack of a better term) that higher education seems to smooth out. From the American liberal arts point of view, your Bachelor's degree is not so much about learning a particular subject, but acquiring a breadth of knowledge and learning how to think. While there are some geniuses in the world who would starve to death with a loaf of bread tucked under his/her arm (I live near MIT so I know of what I speak), there is something to be said about having a broader perspective of the world and intellectual curiosity.

Now back on topic...I think in many instances, Diana was bored with her position, and like leah, I can see that happening to CW. Diana had to be interested in something in order to be curious or passionate about it; things had to be done on her own terms. Unfortunately, the British Royal Family didn't realize how to harness that strength to their benefit. Since they all just followed orders, they expected Diana to follow suit. I see the same thing happening to CW: she admitted that she channeled all of her energies into swimming and couldn't be bothered with the rest. While Albert may be able to overlook that in his sisters' public roles, I don't think he will be able to do so with his wife. As the Princess of Monaco, his wife will have to assume many of the roles that Caroline is currently filling. Grace knew about much of the details about charity work (and believe me, it's not all about planning parties) from her parents' civic and charitable involvement. Not only that she will have to accompany her husband on official visits that require serious preparation and attention and the faking of interest. Once the novelty wears off...things could be difficult.

I am not trying to say that I know this person from what little has been written about her or from her few public statements. It's just my interpretation of her few public actions and statements as compared to what I believe the role of a wife of a sovereign prince is. If CW is serious about this, it's going to involve taking on a whole new mind set where her own ambitions and desires come in third place behind those of her husband and children, and duties to her adopted country.

maryellen1539 said:
I may have missed this, but could Prince Albert be waiting for the one year mourning period to pass before he annouces his engagement?

I'm sure nothing will happen prior to April 6th...

Suonymona said:
According to Bunte...
6. Because Charlene is anglican she'll have to convert to the Catholic religion... This may explain also the private visit that A had with Prince Charles a week ago, since the Queen is the head of the Anglican Church they need her release for her to convert.
I'm not sure if this is a direct Bunte quote or not. If it is from Bunte it shows they have a very poor understanding of the Queen's role in the Anglican Church. There is no such thing as a "release" to convert from Anglicanism, nor would Queen Elizabeth become involved in such private matters (unless it was a member of her family).

Warren

What I posted was another's translation from German to English. The entire article (a jpg) is attached farther up the page. If someone would care to translate the whole thing, perhaps it has a different context overall.

That said, it is true that in converting from Episcopalean to Catholicism, no one's permission is required other than that of the person doing the converting.

Converting Catholics generally undergo RCIA-Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults. A priest counsels and teaches converts the Catholic rules and ceremonies and prayers and such. The priest could recommend a person continue study longer than the traditional six months (typical for my area, perhaps not standard everywhere) but they can't refuse or deny a convert and they certainly don't ask permission of another religious head first!

This is where Bunte goes wrong. They used some correct facts about what would be done for Charlene should she be to become Albert's wife (including names and positions) but mixed it will some out-and-out horse puckey. But then slim half-truths don't fill pages.

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom