Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laviollette said:
Great points especially about the "lack of intellectual curiousity." But doesn't PA know what will be the most suitable princess for MC? I hate to keep beating this into the ground, but it is his lack of responsibility that he refuses to involve women in his life who are intellectually curious. Those kinds of women don't seem to excite him the way swooning types who are less educated than he is seem to.
He probably fears that an educated woman can call his bluff and would want him to stick to what he said and not just say it because it sounds good. Before his speech in July I must say that I was mainly amused about PA and his lifestyle. I didn't take him seriously, though I thought he might have the potential to do better then his dad in regards of environment and social matters. Then he gave his speech and I thought: wow, this guy has been picking my brain all those years, he's going to be good. Well, it's not even been a year and it seems as though both our enthusiasm has left us. We have seen a few changes (which he might have initiated but others have the responsibility to carry through), but when it comes to major issues we are still waiting.

There have been several articles in the local paper about our incineration plant, which is a major poluter in this area. MC does not select its rubbish, because they need it to burn it in a substandard incineration plant (and it is still substandard after an investment of over a 100 mill Euro) and will be soon far from even admissible standards in Europe. Every weekend Fontvielle is poluted by disgusting odours (whether they are affecting peoples health in longterm we don't know yet, but I guess MC just takes the risk). The plant will not be closed until 2020 since they have made such a big investment.:rolleyes:

PA said that MC should be an example to others. Where is the example here? Shouldn't he, if he was truely convicted of what he says, make the decision to immediately close the plant? inspite of the financial losses? Wouldn't that be giving an example and show people that our environment is worth more then any money? (besides MC should be rich enough to handle the losses, and who made the decision to invest money into a plant that the already knew they could under no circumstances get on standard. And even financially it doesn't make sense anymore to run it since all surrounding French communities have tri-select and thus they don't even get the money for the tons they used to take from France. Where was a gutsy decision here?) And how about alternative energy? I don't see anything here. No use is made of the sun or the wind. In Monaco gas stations I have not seen alternative fuel, just regular. So he thinks he can set off on a couple of sleighs to draw attention to global warming? He is doing this for his own amusement more then anything. If he was interested in the environment, he would be doing sth about it right here under our noses. ( well, we can't say his, since he hasn't been here much this year, has he?)

Also, he managed to liberate himself for the Olympics from his MC obligations, but where was he during the paralympics? Don't they deserve the support of a high profile IOC member? Those people are not only remarkable athletes, but they also have to achieve what they are doing under far less favorable conditions then all those other athletes, CW among them.

All in all I can only say that he is disappointing me and his CW thing (lasting or not) is just adding to it. There is nothing wrong with having a GF and enjoying yourself, but his priority should be to get his job done and not parading through the world with yet another bimbo.

So far what ever is written about her is all speculation. She might be disappearing rather quickly again. Others have done so before. So until PA makes an announcement I wouldn't even bother discussing her.

PS apparently he actually did manage to show up briefly at the paralympics after all, but in comparison to his presence before, I find it rather disappointing.

Last edited:
Here's my two cents,

I am sure Charlene is a lovely woman and from the images we have seen she seems to make Albert happy.

I just think that when we have an image of a princess (even a future one) we (or I) expect something more. More education, sophistication, elegance, just that special something that sets a woman apart from the crowd.

I realise that Mary, Letizia, Mette-Marit all were normal working women from normal families, maybe they captured the public's imagination somehow (Cinderella theory).

Perhaps with the right guidance and training Charlene will be like the others who are now accepted as princesses.

I personally liked the image of Sophie of Wessex and Albert at the function they attended in London recently. That IMO should be the type of woman Albert should be looking for.

In any event Albert will pick someone who makes him happy. So all speculation and observations aside, I hope that if she is the one they will be very happy together.

(Please don't take offense at anything I have said.)

purple_platinum said:
another one of Charlene & Albert in Maldives (from billetbladet)
He should do domething with his stomach, shouldn't he ?

Last edited by a moderator:
sandsla said:
Hello, I'm new here, but have following along with you for awhile & I agree with the unimpressed. Where as I normally think people's business is there own. They have done there best in inviting us in. Why did she give that interview? In a tabloid? A tabloid that he just sued (for interviewing his girlfriend basically). She obviously wasn't being interviewed on her own merit as I don't think a french tabloid is in the habit of interviewing a South African swimmer who placed 5th in an Olympics that happened years ago? I couldn't believe he thought this was a good idea! She hammed it up for the cameras in Turin, & then the interview - the only comparison I could make by the interview was where the camera loved Grace this girl loves the camera!

Sorry, but as far as I know no Italian mag reported CW's interview, but I may be wrong.
I saw her photo on the cover of Paris Match, like anyone in this thread, so I can't help you, sorry. I just expressed my own opinion.
I hope I'm wrong, but IMHO opionion, she is just another one "piece" to add to Albert's "doll collection".

purple_platinum said:
another one of Charlene & Albert in Maldives (from billetbladet)
honestly truth be told. All those of you who keep insisting PA has a great body, would you say the same if he was just some guy you met or saw walking on the streets. No seriously i would like to hear your opinions on this. Would you turn around and go waoh that is one good looking guy. The face is fine but the rest............well age has caught up. You cannot sit there and tell me honestly that charlene is with him for any other reason other than fame. Oh and money. Did I mention the princess title she might get? Don't get me wrong, if he asked me out I would accept asap but like most, for the wrong reasons. So lets stop casting stones on NC and TR for having gotten that chance when most of us on this forum would probably follow him home right away. I am not talking about the children part just the meeting and being with him. Otherwise most of us on this forum would not be bothered about all that is happening in his life especially concerning the women in it. You can all deny it, but you know its true.

De La Cruza said:
...I wonder if he's willing to have children with her? Even though he's 48. At this so late point in Alberts life I think its too late for Albert to have any children. I mean come on he's going to be in his mid late sixties if he has kids with her and when his and Charlenes children graduate from high school. To me its too late for Albert to have anymore kids but, for realtionships and marriages not at all. He can have a girlfriend until he dies!!!

I have to respectfully disagree...the late actor Tony Randall (Felix Unger from the Odd Couple) was well into his 70's when he had his first child with his 20-something year old wife. There are plenty of men who have children late in life and are able to enjoy their children growing up.

mw7060a said:
I have to respectfully disagree...the late actor Tony Randall (Felix Unger from the Odd Couple) was well into his 70's when he had his first child with his 20-something year old wife. There are plenty of men who have children late in life and are able to enjoy their children growing up.

But Tony isn't going to see his children grow up. He died when they were eight and six. I personally think it was irresponsible for him to father children so late in life knowing he would not be able to be there for them.

My father died when I was twenty and my younger four siblings were 6-14. It was cancer, not something that could have been expected to kill an otherwise healthy 47-year-old. He went from diagnosis to death in 9 months.

Albert is now 48. And while he is friends with a few fellows who have had kids at that age (he specifically mentioned one who fathered his first at 50 in a Larry King interview), even he must know that should he have children by the time he is 50, they will be the age he was when Grace passed should he die at his generation's natural life expectancy.

Now granted, the Grimaldi's have (overall) longevity in their genes but Albert has always said he wanted to be able to play with his children. I'm not saying he's too old yet, but a fifty-five-year-old has traditionally been the age of early grandfathers, not first-time-fathers.

I definitely don't think he should rush (he clearly hasn't) but I wonder if at some point, now that Caroline and children are legally secured heirs, he will decide that should he marry or not, he will not father any more children.

The ever opinionated
Ann

Charlene and HSH Prince Albert II

He started to present Charlene, probably the next Princess Grace in Monaco, at the Winter Olympics in Italy and many people are saying that both are desparetly in love. In the French Royalty magazine «Point de Vue» we can see the couple sharing a kiss on a boat. What do you think will happen next? Will their romance end up in a Royal Wedding? It is time for you to let your ideas come out!:)

i think maybe we have enough threads already for this subject, but maybe it's just me. and also it's too soon to tell.

enchantednights said:
i think maybe we have enough threads already for this subject, but maybe it's just me. and also it's too soon to tell.
totally agree. I am really starting to get rather sick of this. A couple of pics are not presenting anybody as anything but his present bed bunny(we've had that before ad unless I am mistaken, he hasn't been married to anyone of them). An official announcement is.

I've merged the latest thread into the Charlene Wittstock Current Events thread.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

I am curious, was the personal interview in Paris Match with a current one of Prince Albert girlfriends a precedent? Since he just sued that magazine, I doubt if she would have done that interview without his knowledge (or perhaps his approval or even suggestion). at the minimum, he could not have been upset with her about the interview since only days later he celebrated his birthday with her (and other friends) in a very very public gathering. You have to admit the couple of photographers right there in their midst (including the one actually taking the pictures) had to be arranged or agreed upon.

So, if Prince albert shows up at the Rose Ball with Ms. Charlene Wittstock, would this signify to any of you that...
a) She is probably the one ...the next HSH Princess of Monaco
b) It does not really say anything (maybe because he has taken other girls in the past) or
c) Who knows ...

paca said:
totally agree. I am really starting to get rather sick of this. A couple of pics are not presenting anybody as anything but his present bed bunny(we've had that before ad unless I am mistaken, he hasn't been married to anyone of them). An official announcement is.
While Paca and I don't agree on certain aspects of beauty meaning Tasha I wouldn't be so bold to call her a bed bunny. He enjoys her company. If I am not mistaken its this sort of chatter in the press over Alicia and Albert, engagement announcements forth coming on his birthday (according to sources close to the Palace they said) that set Nicole off the day she got pregnant with Alexandre. That didn't happen. I have seen Albert in photo's doing pretty much the same thing as you have seen with Charlene. His time with them was suppose to be private. Due to who he is he can't be like any other guy on a date even though he would like.

Paca I heard clearly what you were talking about in the other post about Monaco.

I want to welcome Elspeth to our group of Moderators and hope her stay is pleasant with us.

Charlene Wittstock

jabilo said:
honestly truth be told. All those of you who keep insisting PA has a great body, would you say the same if he was just some guy you met or saw walking on the streets. No seriously i would like to hear your opinions on this. Would you turn around and go waoh that is one good looking guy. The face is fine but the rest............well age has caught up. You cannot sit there and tell me honestly that charlene is with him for any other reason other than fame. Oh and money. Did I mention the princess title she might get? Don't get me wrong, if he asked me out I would accept asap but like most, for the wrong reasons. So lets stop casting stones on NC and TR for having gotten that chance when most of us on this forum would probably follow him home right away. I am not talking about the children part just the meeting and being with him. Otherwise most of us on this forum would not be bothered about all that is happening in his life especially concerning the women in it. You can all deny it, but you know its true.

I completely agree with you about the way he looks! That stomach is ghastly!!! He knows that he is being photographed so obviously he doesn't care about how his body looks. He certainly isn't a head-turner.

As for going out with him - not me! The money, fame, title doesn't interest me if I had to sleep with him to get it. :eek:

starnightsky said:
I completely agree with you about the way he looks! That stomach is ghastly!!! He knows that he is being photographed so obviously he doesn't care about how his body looks. He certainly isn't a head-turner.

As for going out with him - not me! The money, fame, title doesn't interest me if I had to sleep with him to get it. :eek:

But you know something, Albert is doing the same exact thing with CW as he did with NC (and probably some others). Like Lady
Mac said already.

NC said that Albert took her different places, even though he was also seeing other people too. He took NC to high profile sport events and introduced her to some people too, and things like that just the same. It's just that they did not get all these big pics when she was going around with him. It was not that the events were not high profile either. They were very high profile events.
He even took NC to meet Ranier.

IMO, he's not doing anything at all different than before -- he just got a different girl to hang out with for the moment -- and this one CW went gave a little interview to the PM about herself...

And he's not crazy, he knows that the photographers and magazines will certainly start talking about anyone he's seen with, so I'm not sure why he would parade this one around so openly then say he does not want the magazines writing about it.:confused:

Last edited:
paca said:
He probably fears that an educated woman can call his bluff and would want him to stick to what he said and not just say it because it sounds good. Before his speech in July I must say that I was mainly amused about PA and his lifestyle. I didn't take him seriously, though I thought he might have the potential to do better then his dad in regards of environment and social matters. Then he gave his speech and I thought: wow, this guy has been picking my brain all those years, he's going to be good. Well, it's not even been a year and it seems as though both our enthusiasm has left us. We have seen a few changes (which he might have initiated but others have the responsibility to carry through), but when it comes to major issues we are still waiting.

There was one article where they said all PA did was work for three months and apparently he plans to relax a bit from February through April. Nice work if you can get it. :D Obviously, he's taking lessons from the George W. Bush school of governance (damn cowboy is ALWAYS on vacation it seems). Somewhat disappointing I have to admit as well. Has he already lost interest? I wonder if he's found there is a difference between policy creation and implementation and he's lost the taste for it?

paca said:
There have been several articles in the local paper about our incineration plant, which is a major poluter in this area. MC does not select its rubbish, because they need it to burn it in a substandard incineration plant (and it is still substandard after an investment of over a 100 mill Euro) and will be soon far from even admissible standards in Europe. Every weekend Fontvielle is poluted by disgusting odours (whether they are affecting peoples health in longterm we don't know yet, but I guess MC just takes the risk). The plant will not be closed until 2020 since they have made such a big investment.:rolleyes:

As I have said all along, paca, you should run for office. You'd have my vote. ;)

paca said:
Also, he managed to liberate himself for the Olympics from his MC obligations, but where was he during the paralympics? Don't they deserve the support of a high profile IOC member? Those people are not only remarkable athletes, but they also have to achieve what they are doing under far less favorable conditions then all those other athletes, CW among them.

It's a tragedy that I think every country has contributed to. Absolutely no mention of it in the US -- all anyone is talking about is March Madness. I didn't even know they were going on until I saw photos posted here. :mad:

paca said:
All in all I can only say that he is disappointing me and his CW thing (lasting or not) is just adding to it. There is nothing wrong with having a GF and enjoying yourself, but his priority should be to get his job done and not parading through the world with yet another bimbo. So far what ever is written about her is all speculation. She might be disappearing rather quickly again. Others have done so before. So until PA makes an announcement I wouldn't even bother discussing her.

Astute observations on all fronts...at least keep this relationship private. Most of the travel before and after the trip seemed to me as if he were a figurehead monarch rather than head of state.

I don't think the nice body is really that important...my boyfriend has a nice belly...makes cuddling divine! Although, concidering who's being discussed...pretty sure he'd be hard pressed to find someone who could be his best friend and who he could let his guard down with and not worry about her using it against him or dishing to someone...

jabilo said:
honestly truth be told. All those of you who keep insisting PA has a great body, would you say the same if he was just some guy you met or saw walking on the streets. No seriously i would like to hear your opinions on this. Would you turn around and go waoh that is one good looking guy. The face is fine but the rest............well age has caught up.

Never said he had a great body...it's an overall image. Have to admit, my hips and thighs weren't what they were when I was in college either. :rolleyes: If I really loved someone, I could overlook a few flaws too that come with growing older. I'd want someone to overlook mine.

jabilo said:
You cannot sit there and tell me honestly that charlene is with him for any other reason other than fame. Oh and money. Did I mention the princess title she might get? Don't get me wrong, if he asked me out I would accept asap but like most, for the wrong reasons. So lets stop casting stones on NC and TR for having gotten that chance when most of us on this forum would probably follow him home right away. I am not talking about the children part just the meeting and being with him. Otherwise most of us on this forum would not be bothered about all that is happening in his life especially concerning the women in it. You can all deny it, but you know its true.

You're not the first person I've heard say that CW finds PA's wallet most appealing. Many have told me that in-shape athletes (which CW, God bless her, certainly is) are only attracted to those who are in shape also -- has something to do with the idea of discipline. Yes, I'd accept a date in a minute but I think I'd be overwhelmed and embarrassed if someone lavished that kind of luxury on me. If they stayed at the resort in The Maldives that I read about in last month's Travel & Leisure, it was $8,000 a night per couple. They were there for what, five days? I read on another forum that CW's dress and jewels for the Rose Ball were ordered from Chanel and Cartier respectively weeks ago...wonder who picked up the tab? I wouldn't even know how to begin to reciprocate...well, I have an idea as to what was expected but I don't know if I could respect myself for that. :eek:

I've dated a few wealthy men; they seem to like the uneven playing field and maybe PA likes the uneven field as well intellectually. I don't want to sound too catty, but I have to wonder what they talk about. Is there anything of substance or is it all charming chatter? :confused:

pinklady1991 said:
...I've dated a few wealthy men; they seem to like the uneven playing field and maybe PA likes the uneven field as well intellectually...
PA is definately a man who likes an uneven playing field. It is why I can barely stand him. :mad: His insecurity is very unattractive and not reassuring.

Laviollette said:
PA is definately a man who likes an uneven playing field. It is why I can barely stand him. :mad: His insecurity is very unattractive and not reassuring.
I'm sorry I don't see him as insecure and let me tell you I know all about what that is because I am. I give Albert credit for following his destiny and doing what is expected and taking on the roll of Ruler of Monaco.

Let me remind all Princess Diana didn't graduate from high school and everyone seemed to love her. I don't recall her lack of education ever being an issue.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Let me remind all Princess Diana didn't graduate from high school and everyone seemed to love her. I don't recall her lack of education ever being an issue.

But didn't her lack of confidence (due in part, at least, to her lack of education) have something to do with all of the problems she experienced? Had she been more educated, more worldly, maybe she could have coped better with the type of people she was thrown in with after becoming Princess. Yes, she was loved and she accomplished much as a Princess, but at what a cost to her personally.

Seems like Charles wanted someone not his equal, the problem with that is people grow and change. (the other problem with that is thinking that someone is not your equal.....)

lea said:
But didn't her lack of confidence (due in part, at least, to her lack of education) have something to do with all of the problems she experienced? Had she been more educated, more worldly, maybe she could have coped better with the type of people she was thrown in with after becoming Princess. Yes, she was loved and she accomplished much as a Princess, but at what a cost to her personally.

Seems like Charles wanted someone not his equal, the problem with that is people grow and change. (the other problem with that is thinking that someone is not your equal.....)

I do have to agree with you. Education is not everything but it is important for these kinds of positions. Well she could learn but lets hope she is the type that is able to grasp things easily because some people were just not born for school. Or rather they just don't get it. She will be spending time with people in high places eg other heads of state etc and she should be able to handle some conversations even in the absence of PA. However sometime back last year prince albert did say in the new york times paper that his wife would not neccessarily be involved in the daily running of monaco if she did not desire to so maybe he just needs one who can look nice.

Personally i don't think PA is insecure but i think because he likes to have so much fun is the reason he hangs out with the not too educated. That way he does not have to talk too much serious stuff that most intellectual people would expect. He already has enough to do in his position so i would guess when dating he just wants to have fun and talk rubbish.

jabilo said:
I do have to agree with you. Education is not everything but it is important for these kinds of positions. Well she could learn but lets hope she is the type that is able to grasp things easily because some people were just not born for school. Or rather they just don't get it. She will be spending time with people in high places eg other heads of state etc and she should be able to handle some conversations even in the absence of PA. However sometime back last year prince albert did say in the new york times paper that his wife would not neccessarily be involved in the daily running of monaco if she did not desire to so maybe he just needs one who can look nice.

Personally i don't think PA is insecure but i think because he likes to have so much fun is the reason he hangs out with the not too educated. That way he does not have to talk too much serious stuff that most intellectual people would expect. He already has enough to do in his position so i would guess when dating he just wants to have fun and talk rubbish.
I am going to disagree education is not important to be his wife and mother to his children. While it might be nice to have a woman at his side who is well educated due to the standards of today's mental attitude that you aren't smart without a degree and therefore won't hire you. I find the topic of uneducated in school as being as prejudice as racism. You know no one has proved Charlene didn't have wonderful grades in school. Alicia was seen as a good candidate for him as a wife. Strange she didn't have a college degree in fact took time off to go for the Olympics and date Albert.

Am I correct in thinking that Grace didn't have a college degree? Caroline didn't graduate either nor did Stephanie have a degree. Being able to have conversations with people doesn't require a college degree if you think it does you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't like what Nicole did in going public as she did and her stories weren't matching up and said it. I'm going to use the Tamara Rotolo case to try for changes in laws to protect minors from the press and the other parties involved in paternity suits in this country. Albert's rights to privacy have been violated.

This thing with Charlene is also out of hand. She spoke of her goals and has been attacked. They are both adults and she is apparently a willing party plus he is enjoying her company big deal its honestly no ones business but theirs until he announces they are engaged she is just one more girlfriend he has had and been seen in public with on a date. How is he suppose to know if a woman will fit into his life unless he gives it a go? He won't and saying for him to only date college educated woman is PREJUDGE to a woman with a beautiful heart he might have fallen in love with.

Albert is a man who has needs and has admitted publicly needs companionship, people around him he is not like his father who was a loner. Give him and his girlfriends a break no wonder some have run not from him but the public and press attention.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I am going to disagree education is not important to be his wife and mother to his children. While it might be nice to have a woman at his side who is well educated due to the standards of today's mental attitude that you aren't smart without a degree and therefore won't hire you. I find the topic of uneducated in school as being as prejudice as racism. You know no one has proved Charlene didn't have wonderful grades in school. Alicia was seen as a good candidate for him as a wife. Strange she didn't have a college degree in fact took time off to go for the Olympics and date Albert.

Am I correct in thinking that Grace didn't have a college degree? Caroline didn't graduate either nor did Stephanie have a degree. Being able to have conversations with people doesn't require a college degree if you think it does you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't like what Nicole did in going public as she did and her stories weren't matching up and said it. I'm going to use the Tamara Rotolo case to try for changes in laws to protect minors from the press and the other parties involved in paternity suits in this country. Albert's rights to privacy have been violated.

This thing with Charlene is also out of hand. She spoke of her goals and has been attacked. They are both adults and she is apparently a willing party plus he is enjoying her company big deal its honestly no ones business but theirs until he announces they are engaged she is just one more girlfriend he has had and been seen in public with on a date. How is he suppose to know if a woman will fit into his life unless he gives it a go? He won't and saying for him to only date college educated woman is PREJUDGE to a woman with a beautiful heart he might have fallen in love with.

Albert is a man who has needs and has admitted publicly needs companionship, people around him he is not like his father who was a loner. Give him and his girlfriends a break no wonder some have run not from him but the public and press attention.

I'm sorry LadyMacAlpine, but Grace went two years to AADA and therefore that means she received an Associates Degree meaning she had to take a natural science, english and composition 1 and psychology at a college outside the Academy, so she did have a college degree. And I believe Caro at least studied philosophy at La Sorbonne.

LadyMacAlpine said:

Lady MacAlpine, I really enjoy reading your comments. You seem to be a very caring person, especially towards Prince Albert. I actually like Prince Albert, he seems to have a kind spirit and gentle heart who has really decided to wait for his soulmate.But, I really have to make this comment.

This a public royal forum about the Princely Family of Monaco. In particular this thread is about Prince Albert's girlfriend, Charlene Wittstock. How interesting do you think this forum would be if members aren't allowed to state their opinions about Prince Albert's current girlfriend unless they are postive (or perhaps neutral)? You seem to be fine if people are leary of Nicole or Tamara because these women have failed the standards that YOU set. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Prince Albert is a head of a nation. Some people think that having an educated wife (however you may define educated - to some actually completing the degree may not be necessary) is important. You feel that it isn't. Difference of opinion from people from different parts of the world from different walks of life.. It makes the forum interesting.

Some people think Prince Albert's and Ms. Wittstock's antics during the Olypics opening ceremony were inappropriate for a leader of a nation (and a 48 year-old man), you may not. Again, difference of opinions.

I don't think anyone should try to silence others in this thread who may not share more intense feelings towards Prince Albert.

Caro received her French Baccalaureat (high school or A level) degree in 1974 with honors and continued her studies at the Sorbonne in Paris where she received a diploma in Philosophy and minors in Psychology and Biology. She is actually considered the intellectual in the family.

Steph is the only one who did not pursue any further education (like university) after that.

Grace said:
Caroline does have a degree: Philosophy at Sorbonne...

Kisses

Does she? I read on several mags, back in the 70's/80's she read Philosophy at Sorbonne, but that she never graduated.:confused:

Let's get back on topic, please.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

Good post Lady Mac!

I say it should be repeated in every thread concerning Albert's female friends.

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom