Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana & Family Current Events Part 15: April 2010 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alex is a childhood friend of Tatiana. Makes it a little awkward for Charlotte, but they both seem to be handling it well.

IIRC Alexandre is the French male equivalent of Alexandra, and it's also the name of Prince Albert's illegitimate son (Alexandre Coste). It seems to be a fairly popular name within the family.

Alexandre Andrea Stefano is a lovely name, and I like how they honoured Stefano Casiraghi. It also flows nicely IMO. Like Archduchess Zelia, I'm also pleased that Sasha is just a nickname.

I have a quick question - is Sasha officially spelt with a c or an s? Wikipedia lists him as Sacha, but also say Sacha. (Yes, I know it's not the most reliable of sources, but it's interesting that they call Sacha two different variations of his name). I've always thought that Sasha is the female equivalent.

It's Sasha, according to Caroline's bracelet. It was mistakenly thought to be Sacha after Stephane Bern spelled it that way in a tweet revealing the name.

:previous: Thanks for your reply! :) I personally prefer it spelt with a c.

On a different note, I wonder who Sasha's godparents are, or if we'll ever know. The Prince's Palace didn't officially confirm Sasha's birth, so I doubt we'll get their conformation on godparents.

The palace didn't, but Caroline's press office did. If we get anything, it would probably be through them. But the palace tends to flip flop about giving information, so who knows. Fingers crossed anyway!

Is this simple clothing woman her mother? Very sympathic. She seems to be a very down-to-earth, modest person.

From what he looked like as a teenager and (very) young man I thought he´d be one day one of the most beautiful men on this planet...
(like Karl Lagerfeld once said something like "Princess Carolines children are so beautiful you couldn´t almost bear it...)
I really don´t know what happened to him in the last 3 or so years! He´s pale, dark shadows under his eyes, looking like not having enough to eat...
Normally finding beards a big plus and a win for men I think this beard makes him look stuffy and older than he is.

But I must defend the family when it comes to the refusal to celebrate this wedding in public! The Casiraghis are in fact more or less private citizens without any royal title because their father wasn´t styled a prince, duke or something like that by Prince Rainier.
So I think it is their absolute right to shield their private sphere and we have no right of fairytale wedding pictures.
Remember that these public "putting-on-a-royal-show" is, even in royal houses, an invention of the 20th century and weddings or royal ceremonies in general took place behind palace doors. There were some commemorative items like postcards, newspaper specials etc. or a procession through the capital city by a foreign bride making her official entrance. But that was that.
To resume it briefly, we might have the feeling (through films, TV and now the internet) to have a right to be part of and witness these things, but I still think it makes a different if one is a royal prince having official public duties for the country or if your mother is a princess in a tiny cote d´ Azur state while you are just a wealthy commoner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this simple clothing woman her mother? Very sympathic. She seems to be a very down-to-earth, modest person.

Yes, that's her mother, Vera Rechulski. She manages to be very discreet, very little is known about her. She owns that flat in Rio where the Casiraghi's have been photographed many times. Spanish Vanity Fair says that she lives between Paris and NY and always made sure her children (Tatiana and her brother) stayed close to her brazilian origins, like for example, speaking portuguese fluently. They also describe her as very serious, that kind of mother who always keeps you on track, and she wants both her children to work

Yes, that's her mother, Vera Rechulski. She manages to be very discreet, very little is known about her. She owns that flat in Rio where the Casiraghi's have been photographed many times. Spanish Vanity Fair says that she lives between Paris and NY and always made sure her children (Tatiana and her brother) stayed close to her brazilian origins, like for example, speaking portuguese fluently. They also describe her as very serious, that kind of mother who always keeps you on track, and she wants both her children to work

Thanks for this informations. I didn't follow the Casiraghis and Tatjana so often, but I searched some informations, photos, videos about Tatiana, I was now curious who is this girl, who is so important for Andrea Casiraghi. I am surprised a little bit, because she seems to be very shy and serious. Not so glamorous as the Casiraghis. But a very nice person.

I wish we could have a photo of Tatiana and her mother in the wedding!

That's interesting as I've never seen any pictures of Tatiana doing anything but vacationing. I don't recall seeing/knowing anything about her brother but I would suppose he would have some involvement in the family business.

From what he looked like as a teenager and (very) young man I thought he´d be one day one of the most beautiful men on this planet...
(like Karl Lagerfeld once said something like "Princess Carolines children are so beautiful you couldn´t almost bear it...)
I really don´t know what happened to him in the last 3 or so years! He´s pale, dark shadows under his eyes, looking like not having enough to eat...
Normally finding beards a big plus and a win for men I think this beard makes him look stuffy and older than he is.
So beautiful you couldn´t almost bear it... :p:pigsfly: What is with the people's obssesion of beauty these days? I am mean the Casiraghis are perfectly normal people, normal looking, even their grandmother Grace was just normal looking. Why is looks so important to the people? I prefer someone really cute like Tatiana, Alexandra and Pauline over "the perfect looks" of the Casiraghis and Grace. :pig::star:

So beautiful you couldn´t almost bear it... :p:pigsfly: What is with the people's obssesion of beauty these days? I am mean the Casiraghis are perfectly normal people, normal looking, even their grandmother Grace was just normal looking. Why is looks so important to the people? I prefer someone really cute like Tatiana, Alexandra and Pauline over "the perfect looks" of the Casiraghis and Grace. :pig::star:

Beauty is always a blessing,it is better to be pretty than uggly and i do not understand your point. It is your opinion and Lagerfeld said his opinion as an artist.
Casiraghis are beautiful but they are not the only one and nobody said that thanks to there beauty they will be happy.
Pauline is also very beautiful, Alexandra and Tati also. Which is the point of make constant oppositions?

Beauty is always a blessing,it is better to be pretty than uggly and i do not understand your point. It is your opinion and Lagerfeld said his opinion as an artist.
Casiraghis are beautiful but they are not the only one and nobody said that thanks to there beauty they will be happy.
Pauline is also very beautiful, Alexandra and Tati also. Which is the point of make constant oppositions?
My point is that I see none of this great beauty, just normal looking people. May I ask who according to you is ugly? :whistling:

That's interesting as I've never seen any pictures of Tatiana doing anything but vacationing. I don't recall seeing/knowing anything about her brother but I would suppose he would have some involvement in the family business.

Tatiana has her own business. I like that they try to help these simple people to sell their clothes, and so save some traditional costumes. Clever idea:
MUZUNGU SISTERS - YouTube
My Positive Life- The Muzungu Sisters - YouTube
YO DONA: The Muzungu Sisters - YouTube

My point is that I see none of this great beauty, just normal looking people. May I ask who according to you is ugly? :whistling:

If i have to recall a no handsome person, i would say CPs Haakon, but only as per his frozen image on pics. Maybe in real life he is charming and then beautiful.
I do not to use the word "ugly", is very strong.
As for the Casiraghis, i wish to the average people worldwide to look as them.

Last edited:
Can anybody say, where Andrea and Tatjana live? Paris, London, Monaco? I know Tatjana has her own business, but has Andrea a job, or he makes nothing? Thanks.

I think they currently live in London, where Tatiana's business is based. And I remember reading in an article that Andrea works for the Société des bains de Mer of Monaco (not sure how accurate that is, though). Actually, I've read that in a couple different places.

Princess Grace was just "normal looking"? Seriously??!

God help the rest of us! :lol:

Princess Grace was just "normal looking"? Seriously??!

God help the rest of us! :lol:

I think what was meant that they fit into the "norm" of beauty - just after that sentence, Grace and the Casiraghis are stated as having "perfect" looks. Tatiana, instead has "character" to her looks.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that's how I read the comment.

:previous: I read that comment the same way as Ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom