Andrea Casiraghi Current Events 8 : April 2006 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder that this thread is for current events, not general discussions or old photos.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

maybe i'm a bit biased, but i didn't really care how andrea's hair looked because his face, especially in one of the pics where it looked like he was crying, was so sad that it was heartbreaking to just look at him. at all of them, but i think we all know how close he, and rainier were. so if he didn't feel like brushing his hair then whatever. i don't think it's a priority in their agendas to look their best at a funeral/memorial mass of someone so Loved as Rainier was.

I hope no one minds my returning the conversation to Andrea's education.... I saw this pic today posted in the friends thread. It is the one that made me think Andrea was studying at Sciences Po. The pic was from 2003 and that was when it occured to me he might be at Sciences Po. Isn't this the Sciences Po campus he is on? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=111106&d=1111008982
I can't believe none of our Parisian members recognize this!?

I'm not Parisien, and that pic might have been taken at Science PO, but Science Po doesn't have a campus like American University; it's just a very nice old building in the centre of St. Germain de Près. It has some little gardens but the one in the pic seems too big.

I might be mistaken though, so let's wait for someone more reliable.

Kisses

t8sqvb.jpg

t8sr48.jpg

Soiree pour AMADE(sipa) posted by michelle in another thread.

i think he is very committed to AMADE, and i think it is just wonderful. he is starting to be at more official functions, i don't know but i still think they're preparing him. he looks very handsome in these and not sick or pale or anything.

oh haha and for those who care. he's groomed this time!

It's great to see that he is committed to AMADE - it shows he values the humanitarian efforts his mother has instilled in him. I would agree that there is probably still a quiet effort to prepare him for official duties - although, he may not have to serve for many years.

Horseygal said:
It's great to see that he is committed to AMADE - it shows he values the humanitarian efforts his mother has instilled in him. I would agree that there is probably still a quiet effort to prepare him for official duties - although, he may not have to serve for many years.

i think it proves that he is not as lazy as some people may think. and that yes he does care, i'm glad to see him there as well. and i agree, he may not serve for some years, but he is being quietly groomed, i am 99.9% sure about that.

enchantednights said:
i think it proves that he is not as lazy as some people may think. and that yes he does care, i'm glad to see him there as well. and i agree, he may not serve for some years, but he is being quietly groomed, i am 99.9% sure about that.

AMADE is one of the best organizations to be involved with. I do not think Andrea is lazy, but I also don't feel that his attending an AMADE function proves anything on that score. He attends this AMADE function because his family sets him up for it. It's a family duty. They tell him to do it, he does it.
Simple as that. He does it because he honors his family.

CasiraghiTrio said:
AMADE is one of the best organizations to be involved with. I do not think Andrea is lazy, but I also don't feel that his attending an AMADE function proves anything on that score. He attends this AMADE function because his family sets him up for it. It's a family duty. They tell him to do it, he does it.
Simple as that. He does it because he honors his family.

it may be that, but i still think he cares for what it stands for, even if just a bit.

enchantednights said:
it may be that, but i still think he cares for what it stands for, even if just a bit.

Yes, I think you are right. I think he cares about what it stands for. He is probably as compassionate as the average sane person. I don't doubt it for a second. But it would be silly to give him too much credit. I mean, there are tons of people who care and who do lots for others. Just because Andrea dons a tux and smiles as a fundraiser, that hardly makes him less lazy or more generous than other people who do much more hands-on. Andrea is just more seen, more visible. There are lots of invisible do-gooders out there. No one ever sees the work that most people do.

How long has Andrea had that scar? How did he acquire it?

Ann

Suonymona said:
How long has Andrea had that scar? How did he acquire it?

Ann

I've noticed and wondering as well. Seems to me it has been there for really a long time as it appears in almost every his grown up picture.

Does someone remember Andrea´s ex-girlfriend Camilla/Caroline/Claire von Stauffenberg??? Can you tell me something about her and where I can get photos of them??? I think she had a great style!!!

I think the fact that Andrea is the only one of Caro kids actively involved in Amade shows that he is interested in what's going on and that he cares.
BTW, this was the first time he attended an official party of the Organization; usually he attended meetings (much more boring than a Party) with his mother or representing her, and he also went on a quite long field trip in Africa and worked in Amade local centres it's a sign that he is not doing it just to show off...

BTW, anymore pics, please? I love him in a tux...

Kisses

Grace said:
I think the fact that Andrea is the only one of Caro kids actively involved in Amade shows that he is interested in what's going on and that he cares.
BTW, this was the first time he attended an official party of the Organization; usually he attended meetings (much more boring than a Party) with his mother or representing her, and he also went on a quite long field trip in Africa and worked in Amade local centres it's a sign that he is not doing it just to show off...

BTW, anymore pics, please? I love him in a tux...

Kisses

I agree with you, Grace. I still remember that trip, and all those meetings he went to. And I will post more pics in the thread tonight, last night it sort of like blocked me from the image hosting websiite for some reason, but I will update his picture thread tonight :)

lore_lore said:
Does someone remember Andrea´s ex-girlfriend Camilla/Caroline/Claire von Stauffenberg??? Can you tell me something about her and where I can get photos of them??? I think she had a great style!!!

check his picture thread tomorrow (actually there's one of her and their pig there already). but i will add more tonight.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes, I think you are right. I think he cares about what it stands for. He is probably as compassionate as the average sane person. I don't doubt it for a second. But it would be silly to give him too much credit. I mean, there are tons of people who care and who do lots for others. Just because Andrea dons a tux and smiles as a fundraiser, that hardly makes him less lazy or more generous than other people who do much more hands-on. Andrea is just more seen, more visible. There are lots of invisible do-gooders out there. No one ever sees the work that most people do.

i know what you mean. i'm involved with many organizations myself and so are other people i work with, and we put on a lot of work to make sure everything gets done, and in the end we have "the faces" who basically represent a lot of the work we do, because they do some as well of course. but just the fact that he has gone to africa quite a few times and has been involved with this for a little over two years shows that he does care, and gives him some credit in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yes his trips to Africa shows that he really does care and isn't just doing it for show. I think he does deserve some credit.

Plus I know this sounds dumb but exactly what scar are you talking about?

kaydura0717 said:
Plus I know this sounds dumb but exactly what scar are you talking about?

i think it may be the one on his right eyebrow.

kaydura0717 said:
^ yes his trips to Africa shows that he really does care and isn't just doing it for show. I think he does deserve some credit.

kaydura, Grace and enchantednights all have made good points. The 2003 meetings in Senegal are impressive things on Andy's resume of public duties. His Senegal conference was particularly impressive because it wasn't documented with a photo call. There was actually just one official picture, a large group picture of the entire delegation. All the other pics showed Andrea in private moments (paparazzi pics). I didn't mean to be snooty before, but it is important, I think, to remember the faceless multitudes.:)

whoa, I just noticed the scar on his eyebrow.... crazy. you can really see it in that pic Moby posted (from corbis) http://i1.tinypic.com/v5wj1i.jpg
It actually has the look of a scar from some sort of burn, but maybe it's a cut from a fight?

i've always noticed that scar, it's quite clear in some of his old pics... i think it might have been a cut.
he's had for a very long time, this one's from 1997 (not certain where the pics actually came from):
v81kyv.jpg

1999:
v81l6v.jpg
v81lci.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose it could also be from an abrasion or cut from bumping his head extremely hard, perhaps falling on concrete, maybe a skateboarding or motorbike accident. around the time of 1997 or 1998, ernst gave him that motorbike, so who knows?

CasiraghiTrio said:
I suppose it could also be from an abrasion or cut from bumping his head extremely hard, perhaps falling on concrete, maybe a skateboarding or motorbike accident. around the time of 1997 or 1998, ernst gave him that motorbike, so who knows?

I think so as well. When one's little, he can afford to do all sorts of crazy things, and doesn't care. That just shows his normal side, as normal as we are. I like it.

Hey, he was really happy at the Amade event. Just look at his smile. It is the kind of smile beaming from inside instead of posing for the camera (the pictures tbhrc posted). Not particularly handsome but so real.

Yes, this is a smile we seldom get to see from him. But on the other hand it shows his yellow teeth...

Teeth

Sugarcube said:
Yes, this is a smile we seldom get to see from him. But on the other hand it shows his yellow teeth...
His teeth don't look yellow!

acid_rain3075 said:
yeah they do! Maybe not so much in those pictures! But they are yellow!

Maybe he bleached them. You are right that his teeth were quite yellow for a very long time. I always wondered why he never did anything about it, like with Prince William, it seems like William finally corrected his overbite and Andrea has had the sense to do some bleaching treatments. Why it took two of the most photographed "royals" in europe so long to correct their minor physical flaws I will never know.;)

where was this party held? in paris or monaco

lore_lore said:
i just found this site last week. i don't think these pics of andrea's ex hsa ever been seen befor. i hope this link works
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx

you have to type in andrea casiraghi at the top bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom