Alexandre & Nicole Coste Current Events Part 3 : May 2006 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the past thread was getting some of us back to the start of the scandal. That's almost inevitable to avoid but it's very interesting to read the different views of the Forum members. We are, after all, distant comentators on social history and the persons who make it.

But since this is a new start let's start with a new question. Anyone knows or have read about (in any language) about the future education of little Alexandre? Will Caroline, who is after all Albert's Heir, have a say on the future education of her nephew?

Toledo I want to agree with you on several poiints. First, I truly enjoyed the last page or so of comments-great thinking respectful individuals. Next, just briefly, you might find some where that NC was not actually in her marriage-separation or something.
The education thing I know nothing of,but Mother Bear NC, I'm sure is standing by and will play the heaiest role.

I think it was you, back there said something about the name Alex will carry. If I allow myself,and I do think time will tell,that bothers me. The name is a nothingness-not his mother's nobody's. I know NC stated she of course could not use her marriage name of 12 years, and chose not to involve her family's name-understandably.

Finally I'd like to say something for PA and how totally Honorably he did the announcement thing,had already taken care of finances,care,home,etc. As for the inheritance thing,that same kind of man has, I'm sure already put in place Alex's future. I get a bit sad. Both of these guys have a good life ahead. Another FINALLY. Happy Mothers Day to all of these wonderful ladies of the Reflecting pool of life.

In regards to Alex's education, I believe he will obtain a good education--the best that money can buy. Since I personally don't believe that Alex has much interaction with his father nor aunts, I don't know how much of a say Caroline will have in his education. But I suspect, Nicole has her sights set on the best schools in Europe and/or America.

BurberryBrit said:
In regards to Alex's education, I believe he will obtain a good education--the best that money can buy. Since I personally don't believe that Alex has much interaction with his father nor aunts, I don't know how much of a say Caroline will have in his education. But I suspect, Nicole has her sights set on the best schools in Europe and/or America.

I totally agree in everything that you said.

This is Albert's child; a child that she desparately wanted. I believe that she will try to mold him in Albert's legacy. However, I doubt if we will see him in Monaco's primary schools - so I suspect that she will be looking at the best schools in Europe (but as long as she is nearby). I do not think that she will slack in THIS son's education.

Neat2912 said:
Toledo I want to agree with you on several poiints. First, I truly enjoyed the last page or so of comments-great thinking respectful individuals. Next, just briefly, you might find some where that NC was not actually in her marriage-separation or something.
The education thing I know nothing of,but Mother Bear NC, I'm sure is standing by and will play the heaiest role.

I think it was you, back there said something about the name Alex will carry. If I allow myself,and I do think time will tell,that bothers me. The name is a nothingness-not his mother's nobody's. I know NC stated she of course could not use her marriage name of 12 years, and chose not to involve her family's name-understandably.

Finally I'd like to say something for PA and how totally Honorably he did the announcement thing,had already taken care of finances,care,home,etc. As for the inheritance thing,that same kind of man has, I'm sure already put in place Alex's future. I get a bit sad. Both of these guys have a good life ahead. Another FINALLY. Happy Mothers Day to all of these wonderful ladies of the Reflecting pool of life.

I think Albert and Nicole are one of the most interesting couple-non-couple around these days. Their lives are like a scripted TV series: surprise turns, a lot of family affairs, quarrels and family secrets, etc. Wish also we had a time machine to see how Alexandre will develop those family connections as he matures in age and becomes less dependent from his mother. Maybe one day we will see him with the whole Grimaldi clan, side by side with his cousins.

A few posts have been removed. There's no need to speculate about Alexandre's future education since no one can tell what the future holds for him.

Besides, this thread is a current events thread, so let's stay on topic.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
This is Albert's child; a child that she desparately wanted.

In my opinion, what she desperately wanted and hoped for was a link, a link of love with her Prince Charming, Albert, and a child was just her silly attempt to get it. Nothing more. When she planned of tricking Albert by fouling with her birth control pills, she was not thinking about a child she so much wanted but the man she so much wanted to keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a current news events thread but I just wanted to add my quick two cents and then move on. I find this whole thing completely interesting. It has everything that makes a royal scandal royal. Illigetimate children, interracial affairs, a possible money hungry woman scorned and a billion dollar playboy prince. I mean you can make up this kind of drama but it doesn't come close to the real thing. I just hope that everyone does what's best for the sake of the child.

Okay now that I've gotten that out the way...on the current news front, I've been looking everywhere for newer photos of EA and I can't seem to find any. Has she decided to quit the press for awhile or what? And does anyone know whether EA has any contact with his brothers from her first marriage?

Last edited:
Vita said:
...Okay now that I've gotten that out the way...on the current news front, I've been looking everywhere for newer photos of EA and I can't seem to find any. Has she decided to quit the press for awhile or what? And does anyone know whether EA has any contact with his brothers from her first marriage?

Maybe she decided to keep a low profile after all the attention they all got last year? I mean, now she knows first hand what is to have a paparazzi following you with a camera every second of the day. You cease to have a normal life to be on-stage from morning 'till night.

Or maybe the Euro press is moving on to other subjects, the attention they give to celebrities goes hand in hand with the sale of the magazines. If a celebrity is on the cover and sells less than last month's cover, the editors have to find new scandals on someone else to keep the magazines competing against each other. Over here the attention is for Brad and Angelina, the book and movie The Da Vinci Code and the TV show American Idol. Go figure!

Last edited:
Vita, I'll try to say what I'm pretty sure of. Wha/who is EA. first time I saw that. Now I guess you mean Alex. SOME of us also have expressed wanting to see I call him Alex. RE Alex's brother, there is a rather new update on Alex's Wikiipedia biography on the front page. The boys are in South America with their father. I don't want to get in that so OUT and OVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kid is known as Alexandre because thats what Nicole calls him in the media. One of Albert's middle names is Alexandre so I guess she just wants everyone to know the kid is his without the Grimaldi name. His legal name is still (even though Nicole has changed it twice) Eric Alexandre which is what I (and wikipedia it seems) call him. EA is similar to Ernst August, Caroline's husband, so I spell it out to avoid confusion.

Yes, its hard when he's addressed as Eric, Eric Alexandre, EA, and Alexandre. Nicole should have just stuck with one name!

Ann

Perhaps that's why Albert refers to him as the kid. When he was born he was named Eric. Then Nicole changed it to Alexandre and SHE said that she chose Alexandre becasue it is Albert's second name. Again, her vain attempt to ingratiate herself in his life. Maybe Albert resents or feels uncomfortable calling him by the name that everyone calld him now (thanks to the media). But, you have to admit it is strange that he never referred to him by name. Also, he NEVER mentioned Nicole by name either in any of his interview when he referred to her. He always stated SHE.

What does it matter what she calls him Alex,Eric.His mother can call him his middle name or first name. My mother call me by my middle name and my father call me by first name.What is the problem PA just being rude Or maybe that is what he call children in conversation (THE KID :rolleyes:)

MyAdia said:
Perhaps that's why Albert refers to him as the kid. When he was born he was named Eric. Then Nicole changed it to Alexandre and SHE said that she chose Alexandre becasue it is Albert's second name. Again, her vain attempt to ingratiate herself in his life. Maybe Albert resents or feels uncomfortable calling him by the name that everyone calld him now (thanks to the media). But, you have to admit it is strange that he never referred to him by name. Also, he NEVER mentioned Nicole by name either in any of his interview when he referred to her. He always stated SHE.

Well, I would also assume (but I would not know) that PA may have some resentment for NC. Again, that is my own opinion.

I cannot say I would think any man would not experience such a public scandal and not feel stung (but he is not innocent in all that). He did say he felt she had taken advantage and that things were difficult between the two of them and his only concern was for the well being of Alexandre. She, on the other hand, declared in her PM interview (I am certain of this) that they were going to become friends. I was surprised that she would say that after having said so much else, some of it contrary (imo).

Albert is human, after all, they both are. But I can certainly understand if he felt some resentment of NC because of what she did -- all her pursuing him for so long, an 'accidental' pregnancy, moving right down the street, her trying to pressure him (I assume) into the parenting/family role, talking to the press and the story coming out at what many would call a very bad time, and NC just seemed to have been demanding more and more and more. Not a nice situation -- as I said before, imo since she has the child with Albert, she has about 18-20 yrs. to figure out reasons for seeing and speaking to Albert (if ever again). But then, maybe his lawyers just handle everything she could ever ask for without drawing him into any of it.

But who knows maybe she has moved on:) :p :)

Last edited:
MyAdia said:

As I'm scrolling down to read I see you answered a question I had in my mind on who picked up the child's new name. I thought for a while it was with Albert's consent. You have read more interviews on them than me, is really bad for a former couple with a kid between them not to call each other by their names. If Albert uses 'she' to refeer to Nicole that means they are really angry at each other. After all, I think there is a saying about the closest thing to love is hate, or something on that tone. :cool:

Last edited:
As I recall, in July last year when PA made the acknowledgement he said. In essence-"I have a son, his name is Alexandre." He might call him something else some other time, its just identification. The name is on the child's biography corrected, I suppose by the mother. And why can't she call him Puddin, Pumpkin Boy, Big Man, whatever?

Toledo said:
As I'm scrolling down to read I see you answered a question I had in my mind on who picked up the child's new name. I thought for a while it was with Albert's consent. You have read more interviews on them than me, is really bad for a former couple with a kid between them not to call each other by their names. If Albert uses 'she' to refeer to Nicole that means they are really angry at each other. After all, I think there is a saying about the closest thing to love is hate, or something on that tone. :cool:

well, I could certainly understand if he were not to speak to her again, she worked hard to get the child and the cash and everything else (except no Albert), so there would really be no need (imo).

I don't think hate would be a good description, I think Albert would have gotten over any bad feelings by now (hopefully she has also), and maybe he is completely indifferent on her but I would not know.

I'd say they learned a big lesson too on each other probably.

For him, he cannot expect that every woman would just leave when dismissed, no matter how easy it is made for them to simply go away. When they keep coming back, just say no. :p

For her -- one cannot expect to have a baby to keep a man, even if it is a prince and no matter how hard the pleading. Even if going to the press would embarrass him, if he does not want to be in a family, then forget it.:p

The still unfortunate part is that there will always be an innocent child in the middle. Not an easy situation at all (imo).

Last edited:
The woman who could have been anything but who is reduced (ha) to a meager apartment 20 miles AWAY from Monaco only to be seen at HIS convenience. The inconvenient woman of color, destined to be hidden in history...
I agree, just like Sally Hemmings :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have no idea about this woman and her motives. It seems as if PA has no intention of marrying her, and hopefully she knows this (some women don't take no for an answer). I don't see him getting married, except to her, and that would be way down the road.

Joy where in the world did you get that quote? You know about the villa in the south of France, don't you? Anyway, the lady has not only use of the apartment in Paris,but she can shuttle back and forth. Not bad, huh? The convenience thing I don't know. And I would imagine/hope she is not expecting at any time ever for marriage with Sir. I hope as Lillia said she has "moved on" and has found a propsecctive "step "for Alex, or will soon.

Joy, it just dawned on me that someone is kidding in that quote with the 20 miles thing! I'm not very sharp on the uptake. Then the Sally Hemmings thing just struck me. So if you return to post, I guess it would be proper for me to ask what aspect of this case is similar to you to the Sally case. But I'll just state what I see would be a dissimilarity. Major and foremost is that the two people in question were two free, single people living in different locations. Maybe you're kidding about the Sally Hemmings thing too! But its dramatic to say the least. I hope the only person/persons remembering this young lady are/is her family and close friends.

OK, I'm lost. What Sally Hemmings are you talking about? Are you talking about Sally Hemmings and Thomas Jefferson???

paca said:
There is an article in a German tabloid about a possible succession this week. Here is a link to the summary. http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/content/aktuelle_topstories.php?sid=2929

Paca,
I tried a translation service and I'm not sure how well it worked...
Does this article mean that a lawyer is saying that PA's son Alexandre has the right to the Grimaldi surname? At 21 Alexandre can claim the surname Grimaldi?
He can't claim a title though.....

teense said:
Paca,
I tried a translation service and I'm not sure how well it worked...
Does this article mean that a lawyer is saying that PA's son Alexandre has the right to the Grimaldi surname? At 21 Alexandre can claim the surname Grimaldi?
He can't claim a title though.....
They saying he has the right to the Grimaldi name by law he can't use it Albert must give it to him him self.About being Prince of monaco That is not possible The parent must marry first Henry the V111 had a son out of wedlock he try very hard to make him his heir it did not work,but he made His son a duke historian say problble he would of susedded his father but he died before Henryv111. look what his children went through Mary and Elizaberth 1 they hard to fight for years to keep the crown king louie of France had many out of wedlock children He just gave them titlies I can a sure you Alex will not want too his life will be on the line Always From people who has a problem with his color some are right hear on this forum { if the shoe fit wear it
icon12.gif
}PA was worried about Nicole Having a boy that is what Nicole said. his fear must be funded by articles like this it look like Alex being a boy will cause this kind of problem for PA and any any legal child he will have in the future.

It says in the summary that according to the French and Monegasques law, due to the public recognition, he would have a right to the name of Grimaldi at the age of 18 (he surely has a right to the nationality) and apparently the lawyer thinks that he would also have a right to the title. Considering the constitution though, he doesn't and unless it is changed, I don't see how that'll work. Besides he would have to find a judge who would even consider his case in Monaco and a court in France has no right (and I most certainly doubt that they would want to get invoved in this sort of thing) to decide who is going to be the head of another country. I think someone just wants to cash in on the poor kid. or keep the story in peoples minds. In any case, I wish for all parties involved, that some quiet will come to this. But I suppose until PA has legit children, there won't be an end to it.

Oh Bless you-Pama and PACA. Both of you everything you said. Racism is huge everywhere. First and foremost the citizens in Monaco would not want an half/African head of state-no matter how wonderful and super he would be and I believe he will.

I'm hoping desperately for PA to get married and settle the heir thing. Alexandre seems so bright and alert. He doesn't deserve to live his life with somebody resenting him. He already has a good life set up and can do all kinds of wonderful deeds with and for people who will see his quality instead of half/African looks. His mother, I believe with her culture background still doesn't have a real grasp of racism, especially U.S. And there are a lot of them involved in this whole thing. As they THINK they own PA because of his mother.

And yes, up there re Sally Hemmings I assumed the poster meant that American pair. Isn't that wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom