Sverre Magnus: Current Events 2 / January 2006 - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
norwegianne said:
The young royals see each other regularly, and even if they don't give advice, they'll exchange experiences in many areas.

"Of course we talk about how we do things compared to how others do them, but it is as if though we talk with other friends," says Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

Saturday they'll all meet in Sverre Magnus' Christening.

thank you for the interview! it was really nice and informative reading it. i wonder what they would say in those talking of the experiences of the royals and how their events are or are not. sometimes i guess most of us would love to be flies in the wall... :)

Does anybody have a video of the photosession of the 3 sibilings? (I don't mean the interview of Haakon and Mette Marit)

Thx in advance!!!!

The pictures are lovely except for Ingrid Alexandra's clothes. She needs some color and frills, maybe a bow in her hair!

The current issue of Point de vue has coverage of Sverre Magnus's photo session prior to the christening.

Photo from pointdevue.fr

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 363
Thanks for posting the news cover! I really like the image chosen for the cover, it's very sweet.

Here is one more that shows more of the room (the library) and the press who was there, I thought there was only one photographer there (Lise Åserud, the woman in black) but it seems it must have been atleast three and the film crew as well.
from fedrelandsvennen

Attachments

• eb_kongehuset8_2_jp_235459a.jpg
    eb_kongehuset8_2_jp_235459a.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
I like a lot to see them together and when they cause they sitd at home with their children, they are charmers ;) :) :D !!!!

They are all to beautiful... Marius, he looks so charming and everything, always smiling. Little Ingrid, it is obvious that she has a big personality... I love the picture of her reading and attacking Marius. And Svarre is just so cute :)

monica-thanks for this precious photo, its just beautiful to see

That photo is beautiful it just melts my heart thanks for posting.

purple_platinum said:
for Video of interview with Haakon & Mette-Marit, go here

and for some screencaps, go here

The videos that come in that paginates they can descend to keep them in the computer... and if itself as is done? :confused:

thankss :rolleyes:

Ingrid Alexandra may be the future Queen of Noway, but did you know that due to the differences in Norweigan and British succession laws, baby Sverre Magnus is ahead of his big sister in the British linbe of succession? Over 200 people would have to die or abdicate first, so it is unlikely! :D

Aussie Princess said:
Ingrid Alexandra may be the future Queen of Noway, but did you know that due to the differences in Norweigan and British succession laws, baby Sverre Magnus is ahead of his big sister in the British linbe of succession? Over 200 people would have to die or abdicate first, so it is unlikely! :D
Actually, 200 is a vast over-calculation. Sverre Magnus is currently number 62, and Ingrid Alexandra is number 63. - Source, http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/uk-succession.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_British_throne

he is very cute, what is he called in the norwigien papers the whole name or only sverre

Last edited:
Someone on Wikipedia asked this:

How would one address Prince Sverre verbally. Normally it would 'Your Royal Highness' but since he has not have this style I'm not would appropriate verbal address would be.

Anyone know?

I just assumed he was a "Highness." So he would be addressed as, His Highness Prince Sverre. Has that titled been used by the Norwegian Royal Family before? I know it is available for the DRF.

I'm fairly certain that he would just be reffered to as just "Prince Sverre Magnus", with no "Your Highness" or "Your Royal Highness". The latter was specifically not granted to him and no provisions were made about using the former.

So where does he rank among other royal families? He's just "Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway." I mean, ideally, he ranks lower than (if they were still legally reigning) the Princes of Hohenzollern or Leningen, because even they are Serene Highnesses, while Sverre has no style at all. So does he rank high because he is a Prince of Norway? If there was a royal event ranking the royals by titles, he'd rank lower than the Princes of Liechtenstein, even though it's just a tiny principality and he is the son of the future king of Norway.

BTW, I don't agree with the whole downsizing of the royal family. There are only three members who are Royal Highnesses, Haakon, Mette-Marit, and Ingrid. It doesn't make sense for Sverre not to hold that title also, or at the very least, be a Highness.

Surely when he is older and visiting other countries he will be known as "His Highness". Isn't that what happened with Martha Louise? Im pretty sure that when she is in a foreign country she is known as Her Highness Princess Martha Louise.

I also didn't like that he was not afforded the title of "Your Royal Highness". His is the first born son of the future King of Norway. Is this something that Haakon could change when he takes the throne?
Thanks for the answers.

But wasn't Martha Louise born "Royal Highness?" Her aunts Astrid and Ragnhild were. The three of them only lost their styles when they married, but they were at least born Royal Highnesses, right? Poor little Sverre can't even claim being a regular "Highness."

Rebafan81 said:
I also didn't like that he was not afforded the title of "Your Royal Highness". His is the first born son of the future King of Norway. Is this something that Haakon could change when he takes the throne?
Thanks for the answers.
IMO if Haakon had been against skipping the HRH, the King would not have done it. There is no difference between first born girls and first born sons in Norway. Ingrid is born first and is the heiress. Sverre is the second child of the future King. Im 99.99% sure Haakon will not change it unless something happens to Ingrid.

Sverres rank is the same as Gabriel and Alexia, the second child of th heir and will have the same rank as them at royal gatherings. Just like Märtha Louise has the same rank as f.ex. Joachim and Carl Philip, It could be clearly seen at the seating in church during the danish and spanish wedding. No dethroned prince(ss) or non reigening royals will get higher rank than Sverre, just because he does not have a prefix. Märtha Louise was not titled HH in the danish guest list. It was Princess Märtha Louise and Mr Ari Behn.

Do Haakon and Mette-Marit call Sverre Sverre or Magnus or both? I thought I heard or read somewhere of them referring to him as Magnus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom