Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn News and Pictures: November 2002 - September 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an adoreable family!!!

Maud Angelica is absolutetly cute...such a doll!
Ari Behn is handsome as always!
And Martha Louise...I'm not normally a huge fan of her style but she looks absolutetly radiant in these photos!!! Being a mother certainly agrees with her!!! Very nice of them to stop and chat with the press on their way to visiting their new niece!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Oct 31st, 2003 - 11:45 pm
In Norway that would mean that Martha Louise, Ari, Maud (and the couple's future children), and the King's sisters and their families are part of the "King's family," while the King and Queen and Haakon and Mette-Marit and their future children will be the "royal family."
According to this, Haakon and Mette-Marit and their first born daughter will be the "royal family". Their other children will be ourside the "royal family", or part of the "King's family" or the "Queen consort's family". :unsure:

Originally posted by lala22@Jan 24th, 2004 - 12:21 am
According to this, Haakon and Mette-Marit and their first born daughter will be the "royal family".  Their other children will be ourside the "royal family", or part of the "King's family" or the "Queen consort's family".  :unsure:
In the future, when Haakon succeeds his father, that would mean that Haakon, Mette-Marit, Ingrid Alexandra and any additional children Haakon and Mette-Marit have will form the Royal Family. Martha Louise, Ari, Maud Angelica and additional children by Martha Louise and Ari will be part of the King (Haakon's) family.

I am not sure what Marius' status will be in all this -- I think he will be part of the King's family however, and not officially part of the Royal Family, despite his mom's status/role.

(Ari sounds like Mr. Mom in this article!)

Afterposten

Princess' husband enjoys housework

Ari Behn, the Norwegian author who married Princess Martha Louise, says he "does everything" at home. While debate rages in Norway over how working couples should divide household chores, Behn finds it "completely natural" to take over domestic and child-rearing duties.

"I change diapers, I make food, I play with the baby," Behn told newspaper VG, referring to his eight-month-old daughter Maud Angelica. "I think that's completely natural."

He admits, however, that he and his contemporaries may be the first generation who have "a clear opinion" that they must contribute to work on the home front on an equal basis with women.

"The only thing we don't do," he said with a smile, "is nurse the baby, but it's probably just a question of time before we do that, too." ( :p )

Norwegian newspapers have been full of stories during the past week about a debate that's gone on for years. As women become more firmly entrenched in the workforce, and told they must work full-time in order to qualify for future retirement income, many are angry and disillusioned.

That's because they still end up carrying most of the burden at home as well, and their burn-out rate after trying to juggle a job, housework and child care is skyrocketing. Even in a country that offers extensive (if expensive) child care and lengthy paid maternity leave.

Government Minister Erna Solberg earlier this week advised women to simply stop doing all the housework. Only then, she said, will their men start to take more responsibility.

Behn, who seems to thrive in his role as a modern man, says he takes his daughter "everywhere" with him and thinks that's important. "My friends and I participate on an equal basis with women," he claimed. "But I'm not saying I'm perfect. I am, for example, very messy."

Aftenposten English Web Desk
Nina Berglund

Nursing the baby. Ha ha ha.

The web site didn't give me much information. I'm guessing it was charity work. I love her coat, she looks gorgeous in the first picture. I always thought Charlotte Casiraghi was the most beautiful royal in Europe. I'm slowly changing my mind after seeing pictures of Madeleine of Sweden and Martha Louise of Norway.

The last photo is from the visit of the President of Portugal. And the other two photos appear to be from the same time.

Oh, I love that dress. It looks so comfy, yet classic... ;)

Yeah, I heard that before. People think she may be again. She does look great in that pink dress.

Martha Louise does indeed look terrific in that colourful pink dress of hers. Wish she had helped Ari a bit with this choice of outfits, however. He reminds me of Don Johnson during his Miami Vice days in that all white ensemble! (If only he'd pushed the sleeves up on that suit ...!)

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 19th, 2004 - 6:43 pm
Martha Louise does indeed look terrific in that colourful pink dress of hers. Wish she had helped Ari a bit with this choice of outfits, however. He reminds me of Don Johnson during his Miami Vice days in that all white ensemble! (If only he'd pushed the sleeves up on that suit ...!)
Yes. Ari, Ari, Ari. I read this today and it may be totally inaccurate but I would like all of your thoughts on it anyway.

" Some comentators noticed that Princess Märtha Louise is constantly
covered by 2-4 bodyguards .They assume that she may be in danger, but
the royal court won't comment on the heavy security around the
princess.

It's true that the bodyguards were always around her , e.g. during the
Portugal state visit, but I guess this is normally the case in such
situations.

Let's hope these are just unproved assumptions and there is no need to
worry about the princess or her family."

Well, for the state visit it was a state visit so I assume more protection there to begin with. I hope it's all overblown.

Well, I don't really know about the security, but I know she has always had a couple of body-guards... Maybe they increased the number after Anna Lindh's death? Of course since it was a state visit it means more security, in any case.

Aren't there ALWAYS rumors that she's pregnant again? I hope she is though- little Maud is so perfect and she needs a little brother or sister! :flower:
~Kathleen

Ari looks like he's channeling Justin Timberlake. :p

Hahaha. I love Ari- walks to the beat of a different drum. :p So....looks like SOMEONE got a promotion- big fancy site moderator now huh Dennism???? :flower: :flower: :flower:

Yes, I did.

Interesting article. I'm not Ari's biggest fan, but he made some interesting points. Like how he didn't want to be that much in the spotlight after Trist som Faen, and therefore didn't write for a while... but things happened. He fell in love with a princess... Sweet.

Martha Louise and Ari Behn attend a friend's wedding

Blomstret i rosenes by

MOLDE/OSLO (VG) Kjolevalget under kronprinsbryllupet i Spania skapte storm. Men i vennebryllup i Molde lørdag holdt en strålende blid og blomsterprydet prinsesse Märtha Louise en lav profil.

Av FREDDY KONGSBERG, IDA ELLISIF KNUTSEN og ANDRÉ PEDERSEN (foto)

Datteren Maud Angelica var ikke med da venneparet Claes Åbyholm (34) og Silje Skrondal (31) giftet seg i Molde domkirke lørdag ettermiddag.

I en lys turkis kjole, hvor det øverste kjolelaget var prydet med blomster og paljetter i flere farger, ankom en smilende Märtha til bryllupet sammen med ektemannen Ari Behn. De to gikk hånd i hånd inn kirken for å overvære vielsen.

«Blomsterskogen»

Prinsesse Märtha Louise er kjent for å pynte klærne sine med symboler. Kjolen hun hadde valgt denne lørdagen, hadde den tyske teksten «Der baum die blume» trykt på ryggen, som kan oversettes til «blomsterskogen» på norsk.

Om dette er en designet kjole med en inskripsjon prinsessen selv tillegger en spesiell betydning, vites ikke.

Brudgommen Claes Åbyholm har vært fast advokat i firmaet Wiersholm, Mellbye & Bech fra 2000. Bruden, Silje Skrondal, er opprinnelig fra Molde, rosenes by. Hun er prosjektleder i Norsk Form, og for Villa Stenersen.

Både Åbyholm og Skrondal er venner av kongebarna, og paret var invitert som venner av kronprinsparet under dåpen av Ingrid Aleksandra.

Åbyholm har kjent prinsesse Märtha Louise fra barnsben av, og de har blant annet gått på skole sammen.

Etter det VG forstår, var også kronprinsparet invitert til bryllupet i Molde, men de har vært på bryllupsmarkeringen til kronprins Hamzah bin al-Hussein og prinsesse Noorhamzah i Amman.

Etter vielsen hygget brudeparet og deres gjester seg på hotell Alexandra i Molde.

ML and AB

article link

Light blue blouse too and a brown jacket.

Now that is a colour combination I have never seen before brown and blue.

Sure, brown and yellow or orange, and blue and red or white .... but brown and birdshell blue, never... that is, until today. ;)

Well, she is truly one of a kind.

Ari is on swedish TV now talking about is book.... i
there is a program that interviews auttors every week often authors from Norway but some times from sweden....

It's time to close this thread and start a new one. Here's a link to the new thread.

Link: New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom