Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn Current Events: November 15, 2004-August 13, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pics of Martha-Louise, Ari and the children are adorable. They seem to be a very fun loving, caring family. ML & Ari also seem still very much in love, which is alway nice to see, especially after having children.

Question about titles.

Ari, Maud Angelica, and Leah Isadora do not have titles-why? Are titles in Norway only able to be passed down from your father, or is it because Martha Louise gave up her HRH? Also, was Ari ever offered the title of prince, but turned it down?

delineate said:
Ari, Maud Angelica, and Leah Isadora do not have titles-why? Are titles in Norway only able to be passed down from your father, or is it because Martha Louise gave up her HRH? Also, was Ari ever offered the title of prince, but turned it down?
Didn't Märtha and Ari decide they didn't want their children to have titles?

delineate said:

Ari was, to my knowledge, never offered a princely title. Titles in Norway are passed down from fathers. Ergo, Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora carry their father's surname and no title. I expect it is part of keeping a small royal house, and to let Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora have their freedom. Should either one of them, in the unfortunate event as such a thing should happen, find themselves in the position of being the closest heir to the throne, they would likely be awarded a title by the reigning King/Queen.

I think its unusual though that if your that closely in line for the throne that Maud Angelica and Leah Isadorah don't at least have the title of Countess or Lady, like Sophie and Edward Wessex's daughter.

Any one know does Matha Louise and Ari Behn friends with The Earl and Countess of Wessex?Because i think they seem were very good friends at the Concert of Pre-Wedding of Prince Frederik last year.

redeye215 said:
I think its unusual though that if your that closely in line for the throne that Maud Angelica and Leah Isadorah don't at least have the title of Countess or Lady, like Sophie and Edward Wessex's daughter.
Well as Norwegianne explained, Norway doesn't have a nobility - so there are no noble titles that can be given to them or anyone else.

And Lord/Lady is not a title in itself, it's merely a courtesy used by members of a family where the head holds a peerage ("Lord This", "Lady That").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom