Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwwwwww.... (as Americans would say :)) Absolutely wonderful pictures of HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra - what a cute baby girl! It's nice to see that the future Queen of Norway seems to have a taste for pepparkakor/ginger snaps - just like her subjects. :)

Thanks everybody for all the pictures of Ingrid Alexandra's first Christmas.

Ingrid Alexandra looks so adorable in her striped jumper with the Christmas tree on the front, munching away at gingerbread!

Hope she and Marius remember to leave some cookies out for St. Nick!

Attachments

• 515294g.jpg
    515294g.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 515295g.jpg
    515295g.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 515302g.jpg
    515302g.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 254
  • 515304g.jpg
    515304g.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 515305g.jpg
    515305g.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 327
Alexandria said:
Hope she and Marius remember to leave some cookies out for St. Nick!

Ah, Norwegians don't leave cookies out for St. Nick. There is a tradition for setting some rice porridge out in the barn, or some place, for the fjøsnisse (the goblin who lives in the barn/house-elf). It is an old belief that if you remember this, then he will help you in the next year, and everything will go well on the farm. If you don't remember it, you will have bad luck, as he will do anything he can to sabotage.

Since Ingrid and Marius lives on a farm now, I wonder if they're following that custom?

Very cute pictures of little Ingrid Alexandra! :)

Do you have to be a member of NRK (nrk.no) to watch the video of Ingrid and the family? I tried going into the site, but I understand very little Norwegian and the video never came up.

norwegianne said:
Ah, Norwegians don't leave cookies out for St. Nick. There is a tradition for setting some rice porridge out in the barn, or some place, for the fjøsnisse (the goblin who lives in the barn/house-elf). It is an old belief that if you remember this, then he will help you in the next year, and everything will go well on the farm. If you don't remember it, you will have bad luck, as he will do anything he can to sabotage.
The same goes for Sweden! But instead for the fjøsnisse, we leave it out for the house goblin (who lives in or around the house and watches over those who lives there). And here it doesn't really matter where you put the bowl, as long as you leave it out for him. Sorry if I'm off topic here for a sec.... :)

Princess Ingrid will be a knock-out when she grows up! I wonder why does she have such a serious look on her all the time?

The Norwegian Royal family poses for christmas portraits.

ETA: Pictures from www.gettyimages.com

Attachments

• 51890184.jpg
    51890184.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 395
  • 51890187.jpg
    51890187.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 51890205.jpg
    51890205.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 51890207.jpg
    51890207.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Some more big pictures from the photo shoot from db.no

Attachments

• kong1.jpg
    kong1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 265
  • kong2.jpg
    kong2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 207
  • kong3.jpg
    kong3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 189
  • kong4.jpg
    kong4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 185
  • kong5.jpg
    kong5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 210
  • kong6.jpg
    kong6.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 264
  • kong7.jpg
    kong7.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 257
Thanks Larzen!! Ingrid Alexandra is really cute, and I especially love the photo when she is "relaxing" in Haakon's arms!

ILoveCristina said:
love the photo when she is "relaxing" in Haakon's arms!
And when Aunt Martha Luise came close .... its almost like she's expressing ... get her away from ME !

King Harald seems to be very proud of his granddaughter.

Danielane said:
King Harald seems to be very proud of his granddaughter.
These Norwegian Kings ... there's "something" to them.

To date, they've all been great "people persons", including King Harald.

Nothing bad about saying she's bald because she is. I am proud to say I belong to that group. When I was a year old, I had no hair or whatever little hair I had was so light brown that you had to tilt your head to the sun to see it. :)

The same was with my son, as far as I can remember he had had thin hair until he turned two. It is just this baldness (by the way she is not bald) issue that turn my stomach every time I read about it. Only those who do not have a child of their own blow it out of proportion. You´ll see, she will have beautiful blonde and thick hair as her mother.

But didn't we have this discussion once already with Maud Angelica? People were concerned about her lack of hair, and look at her now. Most young children do not have a lot of hair.

Merca said:
grow up, Moby.
Everyone has a right to his/her opinion without being told to "grow up". Posts may be questioned as long as it is done politely and without insulting other members.

Mandy
Norwegian Forum Moderator

Mine too.

She's beginning to develop a personality.
So nice, to see the beginnings of a smile.
(in the Christmas pics, it would have been nice to know what was done "off-stage" to get this little cutie to smile)

erm, i wasn't aware i'd stirred up something here.
but it was meant in the best way.
i mean, aren't like, 90% of babies born bald?
there's no problem in it, as far as i'm concerned.

its soon one year the princess was born will we see some photos then you think

Yes, I think there will be released some new photos, and it will probably get quite heavy media attention. Perhaps a press "conferense" of some sort too. I've seen that some weekly magazines (i.e. Hjemmet, Norsk Ukeblad, Allers) have montages from her first year. The Princess' first birthday will not go by without mentioning, that's for sure:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom