Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That baby is Mette Marit, right?

Originally posted by norwegianne@May 17th, 2004 - 8:42 am
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's first time on the balcony on May 17th.

http://www6.nrk.no/galleri/ingridpaabalkongen/001.jpg

I'm sure there will be many more.
Absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing the picture Norwegianne.

I'm surprised but very happy ;) that Haakon and Mette-Marit chose to take Ingrid Alexandra on the balcony with them for Norway's National Day. The first of many occasions she'll find herself there, I'm sure! (Gotta get the practice in for her royal wave right?! :p ) Although, shouldn't she be sporting a bonnet or something like that to protect herself from the sun? (Maybe Mette-Marit thought the wide brim on her hat was enough protection?) I am a big believer in sun block for everybody, but especially babies whose skin is so sensitive.

She's so cute! One of the prettiest royal babies, in my opinion. Thanks for the great picture. :heart:

I don't know how long she was out there, but it wasn't *that* long. Of course she should've had a bonnet, but it might've spoiled the view of her.

Originally posted by norwegianne@May 17th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
I don't know how long she was out there, but it wasn't *that* long. Of course she should've had a bonnet, but it might've spoiled the view of her.
Well, I am all for new, view-unspoiled images of Ingrid Alexandra but not at the expense of her health.

If a UV Index is 4 or more, it only take the average adult 15 minutes with exposed skin to burn. A baby's skin is much more sensitive in that; I would say that even in half that time, roughly 7 minutes, a baby could burn. It looked like a sunny day in Norway that day ...

Originally posted by almaboud@May 20th, 2004 - 9:23 am
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article793133.ece
Article and picture of Princess Ingrid Alexandra May parade
Thank you for these two links. I noticed that Afterposten is referring to her as "Alexandra" rather than "Ingrid Alexandra." I thought the parents wanted her to be called by both names? Or just easier for the press to shorten her name (although Ingrid would be easier in this case) for space purposes?

Originally posted by Alexandria+May 20th, 2004 - 8:29 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 20th, 2004 - 8:29 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@May 17th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
Well, I am all for new, view-unspoiled images of Ingrid Alexandra but not at the expense of her health.

If a UV Index is 4 or more, it only take the average adult 15 minutes with exposed skin to burn. A baby's skin is much more sensitive in that; I would say that even in half that time, roughly 7 minutes, a baby could burn. It looked like a sunny day in Norway that day ... [/b][/quote]
I learnt later that she had been on the balcony 5-7 minutes before she was put down for a nap. So… it seems like they did think things through... :innocent:

:heart: :heart: :heart: So adorable-and I have to commend Mette-Marit and Haakon for taking her along with them. A very sweet family.

She's so cute (looks a lot like Haakon at the same age). Thanks for posting the pictures.

It's nice when they're that age, and you can bring them along almost anywhere. It'll be a lot harder later, when she begins to walk/talk etc...

Norway's baby princess takes a trip to Jordan

Princess Ingrid of Norway is becoming quite the little jet-setter, despite being only five months old. The tot was pictured with her parents, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit, leaving the wedding of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor in Jordan.

Her father left onlookers in little doubt that he is a hands-on dad, by giving the infant lots of attention. And her parents also made sure she was protected from the bright sunshine by dressing her in a floppy sunhat. Little Ingrid's trip to the Middle East came just a few days after she visited Madrid for the wedding of Prince Felipe and his bride Letizia.

The week before that the family were guests of Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik at his wedding to Mary Donaldson in Copenhagen. And back in March the baby princess made an appearance at the Holmenkollen ski resort, where she and her parents watched a ski jumping competition.

The newest addition to Norway's royal family, who was born on January 21, is destined to become the country's first female monarch for 600 years. Until recently women were prohibited from acceding to the throne, but Norway's constitution has been changed to allow for a female head of state.

Mette-Marit cradles baby Ingrid in the Jordanian capital Amman

Crown Prince Haakon was also on hand to make sure the future Queen of Norway was safe and sound

from hellomagazine

Ingrid Alexandra a bestseller

The christening of Norway's first modern female heir to the throne has proven a popular motif. Over a million copies of the stamp dedicated to the christening of Her Royal Highness Ingrid Alexandra have been sold in a short period of time.

The six-crown (86 cent) stamp designed by Enzo Finger and based on a photograph by Guri Dahl has been enormously popular both at home and abroad, the Norwegian Post said in a press release.

The Post worked on the special edition stamp, which is larger than normal, for the royal christening on April 17 and 1.8 million of them were produced. They are available in post offices around the country.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is the youngest royal ever to appear on a Norwegian stamp.

The commemorative sheet bearing Ingrid Alexandra's christening stamp.

link

She´s looking like a mini-Haakon. A very cute female mini-Haakon with blond hair.

I can see why they want to show her off-she's adorable (and yes, a mirror of her dad, which I'm sure could not please him more ;) !) She's so sweet.

Originally posted by Jackswife@Jun 29th, 2004 - 10:54 am
I can see why they want to show her off-she's adorable (and yes, a mirror of her dad, which I'm sure could not please him more ;) !) She's so sweet.
Thanks, Lyonnaise, for posting these gems! Wow ~ she sure is looking like her father! I also see some of Sonja in her. I just love the photo of the Crown Couple and Ingrid with the President of Iceland and his wife. That's a great photo! Again, thanks for sharing these with us.
:clap:

Elizajane

that's true... she looks a lot like her father and like harald. she is a very cute baby!

From the pictures I have seen, I think she looks alot like her aunt Princess Martha-Louise when she was a baby. Her cousin Maud Angelica as well. I think it's the bald head. She is adorable though. So sweet and angelic. :angel:

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:24 am
Finally I´ve found the bigger versions of the boat-trip-pix:
Great pictures Lena! Little Ingrid Alexandra is certainly an active little 6-month year old! From the balcony apperance on May 17 to the Danish, Spanish and Jordanian weddings, the visit to Iceland and now a boat ride! (I know some twenty year olds who are not as active as this!)

(... And is it inappropriate to say in this thread in particular that Ingrid Alexandra's father looks hot! :blush: :p )

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:17 pm

Great pictures Lena!

You´re welcome

(... And is it inappropriate to say in this thread in particular that Ingrid Alexandra's father looks hot!  :blush:  :p )

:lol: I´ve thought the very same, when posting them...he looks great and sexy in this black shirt...lucky Mette-Marit ;)

I really believe that Baby Princess Ingrid Alexandra would allowed to bring because she wanted mother all the times and father also to state trip.

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom