Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, liv, they are great, indeed. Love the first picture with Haakon holding a baby towel in the background, and of course the picture with Marius is wonderful. Mette-Marit looks great -- as usual!

Thanks for posting the pictures, jun5...what a cute little family! And Marius has grown so much...a real big brother for his little sister

My my..Marius looks like quite the dashing young man...he's getting tall!!!

Thank you for the pictures Jun 5...but just a reminder (as I am sure the administrators are getting tired of saying it), when posting photos we need to do it using links so as not to overtax our bandwidth!!!

Originally posted by Britters@Jan 31st, 2004 - 1:01 pm
My my..Marius looks like quite the dashing young man...he's getting tall!!!

Thank you for the pictures Jun 5...but just a reminder (as I am sure the administrators are getting tired of saying it), when posting photos we need to do it using links so as not to overtax our bandwidth!!!
I'm so sorry. I correct them.

Thanks for those great pics and links! I very much enjoyed viewing them. They are quite heartwarming. I think the photographer captured the right mood. Very personal pics! Beautiful job! Mette- Marit looks great.

Originally posted by jun5@Jan 31st, 2004 - 12:57 pm
Aftenposten

The Crown Prince's Family's pictures
The picture series in this link are delightful!

The pictures seem very intimate, and have a very homey and family feeling to me, not like they were taking formal pictures at all. Is there any information on who the photographer was? Was it a friend of Haakon and Mette-Marit's, like when Prince Andrew took the Wessex family's pictures?

And the pictures of Marius holding his half-sister are wonderful. Reminds me of the pictures of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium holding her new little brother at the hospital after his birth.

But here's my favourite, because it reminds me that one of the reasons I like Mette-Marit and Haakon so much is because they seem very much in love with each other and show their affection for one another -- in a non-explicit way, but through small and simple gestures, Mette-Marit's hands around Haakon exemplify this, in my opinon:
Alexandria's Favourite

(Thanks to jun5 for the picture series. :flower: )

Lovely photos. I especially enjoyed the one where Marius is holding her. ;)

I don't think the photographer is a particular friend of Haakon & Mette-Marit, but she's the one who did their wedding pictures. (At least according my source, VG.) Maybe they were really comfortable with her then?

What wonderful photos! I love the fact that Haakon is not only interacting with Princess Ingrid, but with Marius as well. He certainly gets my vote as Father of the Year (next to my husband, but that's a given! :innocent: )

Juliane

oohh thanks for the photos! they're simply wonderful! the little princess is so cute and her big brother is such a cutie too.. i bet years from now he'd have yahoo groups and websites of his own made by adoring female fans all over the world! mette-marit and haakon look comfortable and happy. they're really my favorite young royal family.
does the little princess have dark hair? very much takes after her father wouldn't you say? ;)

Originally posted by liv@Jan 31st, 2004 - 1:35 pm
New Pics wonderful!!!!!!

no webpage

norways´hompage
Oh, my! Simply breathtaking photos of the Norway RF ~ I mean just the CP family with Marius and the new addition, Princess Ingrid Alexandra.! I've been waiting now for 11 days to see them "all together" again. Like someone else said (paraphrasing) ~ "Mette-Marit looks in fine form!" The "contentment" of both Haakon and Mette-Marit jumps right off the com[puter screen, I believe. :heart: (Marius, I think, is really going to be breaking a lot of girl's hearts when he reaches a certain age. He's turning into a very handsome young gentleman.)

Ingrid looks perfect and beautiful! She definitely has Mette-Marit's skin coloring, but as everyone else has said, "She looks like her father." (Sometimes, I really do see his resembleness in Ingrid's face, but at other times, I also see Mette-Marit's. In the group photos taken of the four of them, again, CP Haakon looks at MM with such unconditional love ~ and, to me, it appears as though he's so proud of her, with much gratefulness, to have given him such a gift ~ a beautiful daughter which he can claim as his own :heart: (and, of course, MM had a great deal to do with that!!) ~ :heart:

Thanks so much for sharing these photos with us ~

Elizajane

Thanks for these links and stories, norwegianne. I can't read a single word of them, but the pictures are worth a thousand words!

Thank you for posting them, norwegianne! :flower:

I love their pictures very much! They seems truly happy! I think that Mette-Marit became still more beautiful after bearing Princess Ingrid Alexandra.

Just a quick translation of one of the articles. Some expressions are a bit hard, but I've tried to come as close as possible to the meaning. It's from VG.

The Princess met the Press.
- Ingrid, Mum says to her little Princess. Ingrid Alexandra, says Dad - and want both names used, at least formally.

Amused over their little difference of opinion the Crown Prince couple look at each other and admire their tiny daughter who lies relaxed in Mum's lap. The incredible likeness with her father in the first pictures taken, has diminished some. Now you can also see some of Mum in the tiny face.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra behaved spotlessly when she, for the first time, met the Press at Skaugum Sunday. Without a whimper she accepted the strong lights from cameras and tv-lamps.

But it was a newly-fed princess who came to her first press-appearance, dressed in a white kicker (?) A proud big brother Marius was also present at the photoshoot.

The next photo session will probably be when she's being baptized, but when that is is unclear. According to the Crown prince the date will be made public in about 14 days.

According to her parents Princess Ingrid Alexandra is a quiet and harmonious child. - But lately she has been troubled by pains in the stomach, and then she has cried a bit, tells Crown princess Mette-Marit.

The Crown Prince Couple are involved with their children, and like most new parents they have to get up in the night to feed and take care of their newborn daughter.

- But the Crown prince is very good in taking his part in the process, says the mother of the baby.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit won't be doing much representing for the next couple of months.

-I want to focus on Ingrid now, until the end of August. I think that's important, and want to do it. But there will be some representing, on special occasions. I'll at least participate on the Palace balcony on May 17th, says the new mum.

Does anyone knwos where i can find the video of the first official representing the little princesse...thanks :woot:

nrk.no has a video from their interview. A very nice video, but it's in Norwegian. Lots of pictures of Haakon & Mette Marit, though. Ingrid Alexandra sleeps.

I must say, I am always impressed by pictures I see of Haakon with Mette-Marit's son, Marius. Being a stepdaughter myself, I know how hard such a situation can be for both parent and child. But Haakon appears to go out of his way to be loving to Marius. I'm especially pleased (though I would expect no less) that Marius was part of the photo sessions with his sister Ingrid. Haakon made sure to touch Marius in some way..showing that he too is an important member of the family (though he lacks HRH status). Bravo to Haakon (and Mette-Marit)!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to watching this family grow!

That Marius is something else. He's got this "I'm so cool" look at his face for most of these photos. He's going to be a heartbreaker. Watch out, ladies.

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 31st, 2004 - 1:57 pm
Thanks for posting the pictures, jun5...what a cute little family! And Marius has grown so much...a real big brother for his little sister
Thanks for sharing these exquisite photos of the Crown Prince Family. Little Ingrid's mouth looks like a little rosebud ... and, her hair has become a little lighter since her birth. One of my favorites is Prince Haakon holding Ingrid only with Mette-Marit in the background. I hope she stays true to her word ~ in wanting more children. :heart:

Elizajane

I'm just awful sometimes with my thinking. I should be more sympathetic.

They told us in this week's edition of Se og Hør, I'll see if I can pick it up when I'm in town today, and tell you guys... ;)

Originally posted by norwegianne@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 5:03 am
They told us in this week's edition of Se og Hør, I'll see if I can pick it up when I'm in town today, and tell you guys... ;)
Thank you norwegianne for offering to appease all these curious minds! I was all prepared to start believing Dennism's tabloid rumours! And if no one found out, all our imaginative minds might've got carried away about who the man was -- worst than Dennism's initial suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom