Princess Ingrid Alexandra: Current Events part 4 - 17/1/06 - 23/1/07

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think that MM and Haakon make a photoshoot for her 2° birthday like last year?

photofan said:
do you think that MM and Haakon make a photoshoot for her 2° birthday like last year?

aawww.. i really hope so. :) :)
but, it wont probably on the day of her actual birthday since the crown prince & princess will be in copenhagen. :confused:

I Hope they take her with them shes so sweet (she kind of looks like my girl cousin) :)

purple_platinum said:
aawww.. i really hope so. :) :)
but, it wont probably on the day of her actual birthday since the crown prince & princess will be in copenhagen. :confused:

I guess it was discussed before...so please apologise, when I repeat. IMO it´s a real shame, that the baptism and birthday of Ingrid Alexandra are scheduled the same day! I know, that one doesn´t remember the 2nd birthday (I don´t), but IMO it´s a) something you enjoy to watch in the photo album and b) also as 2 year old you soak up the positive feelings, you get, when you are the center of attention. Of course one could also celebrate it 1 or 2 days later, but IMO that´s not the same. This all especially annoys me, because Frederik (as godfather!) and his fiancée couldn´t make it to the baptism of Ingrid, because it was so close to the wedding date (1 month before the wedding took place!)
I´m well aware, that things are different, when you are a Royal child and that the single godparent doesn´t count so much, when you have a hand full of godparents. But it still doesn´t show much of respect, when a godparent doesn´t come. Especially when he or she has the day off (or only meetings for planning, which could be re-scheduled)
So when I would be Haakon and when the ceremony on Saturday wouldn´t be about an little innocent child, I either wouldn´t go too or I would come and would point out the whole day, that this is my little daughter´s 2nd birthday :rolleyes:
Well, this was now more about the danish godparent and about the danish baptism. To Ingrid Alexandra I wanna say, that I also hope, we get some pics and maybe Haakon and Mette Marit can bring her at least to Denmark and make a little (morning) party with her in the hotel or the castle, where they stay.

The christening will be for only a few hours (by the same token Frederik and Felipe could've also attended IA's baptism). If Haakon and Mette-Marit want to they can fly back to Norway and have ample time to celebrate IA's birthday and take all the nice photos to their hearts' content.
I think your last sentence would be nice, and who knows, years from IA might look back at "old" photos in fondness of spending her 2nd birthday abroad. It's not where but you are with that really matters.;)

yes, i was really dissapointed as well when only CP Victoria attended Ingrid's christening. Frederik's excuse, as godfather, are quite annoying. Felipe's as well.
but for the upcoming danish christening, if indeed Haakon is the little prince's godfather then i'm really glad at least he showed how a godfather should be.
i don't know whether Ingrid is coming along, but it surely wont be fun sitting at home alone when your parents & brother went abroad (well, maybe just for a few hours.. but, considering they also have a reception afterward, it might take a while).
i personally hope she will go to copenhagen, enjoy the celebration, meet her godfather (frederik) and godmother (victoria), and play with her royal friends (nikolai, felix, and of course lille prins).

LaMinka said:
I don't see why they cannot bring Ingrid to Denmark with them. She already showed at Leah Isadora's christening that she can behave, and if she wouldn't go to the Christening, it would be a simple thing to find some alternate amusements for that period of time with a nanny.

It would have been one thing if the Christening had been on a week-day and would have interrupted her schedule in daycare so soon after starting - but this is a weekend, and as other posters have mentioned - it doesn't take that long to get between Oslo and Copenhagen. (I suspect it takes longer to actually get to and from the airports than actually being in the air.)

Maybe it's nice for them to have a weekend without their kids. They must have had stressful days lately, so maybe they'll enjoy having some time with just the two of them.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra skiing with her parents at Lillehammer in the winter vacation, bigger pictures of the one posted here along with the rest of the family, I must say she reminds me of a chocolate bear in that ski suit:eek:
Foto by Morten Krogh

Lady Cathrine Rose said:
Wow, that was so awesome!

Are you by chance from Greeley CO??? That amazes me...I was beginning to lost hope in ever seeing someone from CO on these boards!

Larzen said:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra skiing with her parents at Lillehammer in the winter vacation, bigger pictures of the one posted here along with the rest of the family, I must say she reminds me of a chocolate bear in that ski suit:eek:
She looks so sceptical to whatever Mette-Marit is trying to persuade her to do. You can really tell that Ingrid's got a strong will.

It's nice though that Haakon and Mette-Marit are involving their children in skiing from they are young. I'm not particular keen on skiing myself, after having been subjected to much the same in my childhood, but it's nice to go out and experience nature with the whole family.

in post 84 in the last photo, she looks just like her daddy. she is just so cute.

Her facial expression in the 4th pic down is very mette marit

best of both good looking parents, she's a beauty

i wouldn't describe IA as particularly pretty right now, very tom boyish.

from her behavior at her brother's christening and that determined look she always has on her face, you can tell she is a very independent, stubborn little girl. never smiling! let's hope this changes. perhaps she hasn't adapted well to little sverre's addition to her family and the subsequent transfer of attention..?

this family is so lovely though. most toddlers behave badly from time to time.

I think she is a truly beautiful child and will grow up to be really really stunning!

I agree, she is a very beautiful little girl with lots of "attitude" :D, but hey she is the next Norwegain queen after all!

She's a beautiful child but I wonder what she'd look like with longer hair.

Thank you for the translations for us Americans. I just love this family. They really seem down to earth and very much in love. I love to watch the interaction between Haakon and Marius. You can see that they have three very beautiful children. Happy Birthday IA!!

that girl but pretty Ingrid :D

I think it's so cool that all the royals start skiing at such a young age. They're all accomplished skiers by the time they're all grown up. Unlike me, still bunny hills...ahahaha...the ironic thing is that in my very back yard is Whistler (one of the best places to ski on earth).

Se og Hør has an article on the resemblense of Princess Ingrid Alexandra and her great grand father King Olav a sa child (fotos JoMichael/se og Hør)

the latest pictures of Ingrid can be found in the national day thread here
(scanpix, ANB royal Press)

Pictures of Ingrid in her borthers Princes Sverre Magnus christening(Face to Face, ANB, Det Kongelige Slott NRK and Scanpix)

And on the becah in Mallorca during easter(Face to face)

Last edited:
I think I can see the resemblense Se og Hor have published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom