Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Mette-Marit working for NORAD (Autumn 2003)

From the Scandinavian Royals message board:

The Crown Princess revealed in an interview with NRK

Dagsrevyen (NRK TV 7 p.m. news) tonight that she has reached an agreement with the Norwegian FO and is to start as an auditor at NORAD (Direktoratet for utviklingssamarbeid - Norwegian Agency for Development cooperation) this fall, working twice a week, concentrating on projects related to HIV and AIDS in undeveloped countries. NORAD is a department under the Norwegian FO. Its website, http://www.norad.no/, seems to be down at the moment. There is some information (in Norwegian) about the agency at http://www.odin.dep.no/ud/norsk/dep/etater...ndex-b-n-a.html

. Her work is of course related to her development studies at the University of London the last school year.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelig...rticleID=608440 (in Norwegian).

HRH The Crown Princess will also have engagements this fall, but will of course take leave in January in connection with her delivery. The Crown Prince expects to take restrict the number of engagements the first two months after the birth in order to spend time with the new baby and with Marius. The full interview will be broadcasted on NRK Friday night.

Dag T. Hoelseth

From Hello.com:

A New Job for Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

26 AUGUST 2003
With two landmark August occasions – her 30th birthday and her second wedding anniversary – now behind her, it seems Norway's royal mum-to-be, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, has her eyes toward the future.

The princess has announced that she's accepted a post at the Directorate For Norwegian Development Aid (NORAD) this autumn. The one-time student at the London School of Oriental and African Studies - Mette-Marit is specifically interested in issues and programmes surrounding HIV and AIDS - will be working at the foreign agency twice a week through December.

Meanwhile, on the home front, there's another important event marked on Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit's agenda. Remodelling on their official residence, Skaugum, is set to be finished before Christmas, just in time for the royal couple to welcome their first child in January.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/08/26/mettemarit/imgs/mette-dop1b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or does Mette-Marit look genuinely HAPPY in that last picture?!?!? Such a rarity with her...it's great to see. She looks radiant!

I have to agree with you holly*anja. For the most part mette-marit look down right glum and complacent. Maybe that's just her natural expression... she should smile more.

Raven

www.vg.no

Mette-Marit slapp å søke
Av HÅVAR BREMER og PÅL R HANSEN (foto)

Etter å ha sendt lille Marius på skolen, møtte en gravid og glad kronprinsesse Mette-Marit opp til sin første arbeidsdag.

Og kronprinsessen - som har termin 22. januar - har all grunn til å være fornøyd etter å ha kommet inn som hospitant i NORAD.

Hun skal være en del av et team blant annet bestående av seks traineer - en stilling hele 1072 søkere fikk avslag på i sommer.

- Jeg gleder meg veldig. Jeg tror det blir kjempeinteressant, sier kronprinsesse Mette-Marit.

Henvendelse fra Slottet

På spørsmål om det var vanskelig å få jobben, svarte hun «nei».

- Jeg skal spesielt arbeide med hiv-aids-spørsmål i det sørlige Afrika, og disse spørsmålene var jo blant dem jeg interesserte meg for under studieoppholdet i London.

I august mottok NORAD en henvendelse fra Slottet. Da var trainee-jobbene besatt, og det ble opprettet en hospitantstilling til kronprinsessen. Den innebærer at hun skal jobbe to dager i uken frem til jul.

- Vi opplevde en enorm interesse for trainee-stillingene, og det var en stor jobb å plukke ut de seks, sier info-sjef Astrid Versto i NORAD.

Møtte kolleger

Etter en kort prat med pressen, hastet Mette-Marit videre inn i NORADs lokaler i Vika i Oslo - ikke langt fra Slottet.

Hun ble tatt i mot av direktør Tove Strand, og like etter klokken 10 i morges møtte hun for første gang sine nye kolleger. Kronprinsessen virket strålende opplagt.

Strand beskriver kronprinsessen som perfekt til jobben - nyutdannet, og med en sterk interesse for organisasjonens arbeid. Hun legger til at Mette-Marit vil være en av de mest spesielle arbeidstakerne i NORAD.

- Jeg er glad for at hun vil være her hos oss. Her får hun se teorien fra studiene i praksis, sier Strand.

I dag deltar kronprinsessen på deler av et introduksjonskurs sammen med de seks traineene. Hun begynner ikke på «ordentlig» før onsdag 17. september. Fra da av og frem til jul skal hun to dager uken arbeide spesielt med AIDS/HIV-problematikken sammen med NORADs Zambia-team.

Det er ikke første gang Mette-Marit har en «vanlig» jobb, men det er en stund siden sist.

Sommeren 2000 var kronprinsessen sommervikar i venninnens klesbutikk i Kristiansand mens hun var kjæreste med kronprinsen. Tidligere har hun livnært seg som servitør på restaurant.

I 1999 hadde hun en inntekt på 93 400 kroner.

www.vg.no - Another picture of Mette-Marit's first day at her new job for NORAD.

Attachments

• NY_mette_marit_507.jpg
    NY_mette_marit_507.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 601
  • NY_mette_marit_507a.jpg
    NY_mette_marit_507a.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 567
Polfoto 01-09-2003 Oslo 01.09.03: Mette-Marit starts her teaching practice at NORAD. Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be working with hiv-aids-questions in Africa south of Sahara. She started her teaching practice at the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) today. Photo: METTE MÖLLER/Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (Code: 513973c)

Polfoto 01-09-2003 Oslo 01.09.03: Mette-Marit starts her teaching practice at NORAD. Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be working with hiv-aids-questions in Africa south of Sahara. She started her teaching practice at the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) today. Here she is with Head of NORAD Tove Strand Gerhardsen Photo: METTE MÖLLER/Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (Code: 513973d)

Polfoto 01-09-2003 Oslo 01.09.03: Mette-Marit starts her teaching practice at NORAD. Crown Princess Mette-Marit will be working with hiv-aids-questions in Africa south of Sahara. She started her teaching practice at the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) today. Here she is with Head of NORAD Tove Strand Gerhardsen Photo: METTE MÖLLER/Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (Code: 513973e)

Attachments

• NY_mette_marit_507g.jpg
    NY_mette_marit_507g.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 349
  • NY_mette_marit_507h.jpg
    NY_mette_marit_507h.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 272
  • NY_mette_marit_507i.jpg
    NY_mette_marit_507i.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 341
from hello.com

Mette-Marit Goes to Work As Brother Sentenced

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/09/02/mettemarit/imgs/marit-dop1a.jpg

2 SEPTEMBER 2003
Crown Princess Mette-Marit showed up for her new job at 10am sharp on Monday, ready to begin her two-day-a-week post at the Directorate For Norwegian Development Aid (NORAD).

The 31-year-old princess, a one-time student at the London School of Oriental and African Studies, says she'll "concentrate on the HIV/AIDS question in Southern Africa" during her stint with the organisation.

But Monday also brought some not-so-happy news for Princess Mette-Marit and her family. Following a court case which began last month, the princess' oldest brother, Espen Hoiby, was sentenced to 60 days in jail for assaulting his former girlfriend. The pilot, recently promoted to chief at a major airline, was also ordered to pay the 40-year-old victim $5,300.

Mr Hoiby's defence attorney had argued that a number of factors – including the stress of his new job, his sister's fame and family tensions – had contributed to his client's mental state, but denied he'd deliberately hurt his girlfriend. The 44-year-old, whose mother testified on his behalf during the trial, has filed an appeal.

Crown Princess reports for work

Her schedule won't be all that taxing, but it made the news anyway when Crown Princess Mette-Marit showed up at Norway's foreign aid agency at 10am Monday to report for work. She'll help register what the agency does to aid HIV/AIDS patients in Malawi and Zambia.

NORAD boss Tove Strand (left) greeted Crown Princess Mette-Marit on her first day of a part-time job on Monday.

Norway's newest royal has no formal education but studied foreign aid issues in London while her husband, Crown Prince Haakon, was studying at the prestigious London School of Economics.

"I'll concentrate on the HIV/AIDS question in southern Africa," she told reporters Monday morning, adding that HIV/AIDS issues were among those that interested her in London.

She was greeted at the offices of NORAD (officially, Norway's Directorate for Development Cooperation) by NORAD boss Tove Strand, who said the crown princess will work as part of a team with three others.

Strand said the team will study what NORAD does on its own to help battle HIV/AIDS and what it does in cooperation with others working in foreign aid.

Six so-called trainees also started work at NORAD on Monday. Their positions were hard-won, however, with fully 1,078 candidates vying for the jobs.

The crown princess will work at NORAD for two days a week until Christmas, when she'll go out on maternity leave. She's pregnant with Norway's next heir to the throne, and the baby is due in January.

I mistakenly identified Gwyneth as CP Mette-Marit when I saw this pictures in another website.
They have slightly the same hair color and so with their beauties. No need of dark make-ups.

pub.tv2.no

Mette-Marit innledet verdensfestival

Mette-Marit viste stolt frem magen i hvit genser da hun sammen med Kronprins Haakon overvar åpningskonserten til Oslo World Music Festival tirsdag kveld.

Attachments

• mette_marit_200_121359a.jpg
    mette_marit_200_121359a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 610
from colourpress - Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit opened the exhibition Young Talents in Oslo today, that honours young norwegian design-talents.

from colourpress - Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon at the christening of a new rescue-vessel, Harald V, at the Norwegian Maritime Museum in Oslo.

Attachments

• COLOUR10021391.jpg
    COLOUR10021391.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 547
  • COLOUR10021393.jpg
    COLOUR10021393.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 549
  • COLOUR10021395.jpg
    COLOUR10021395.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 568
  • COLOUR10021396.jpg
    COLOUR10021396.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 550
  • COLOUR10021398.jpg
    COLOUR10021398.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 400
  • COLOUR10021404.jpg
    COLOUR10021404.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 443
  • COLOUR10021399.jpg
    COLOUR10021399.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 567
  • COLOUR10021425.jpg
    COLOUR10021425.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 560
  • COLOUR10021426.jpg
    COLOUR10021426.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 540
  • COLOUR10021428.jpg
    COLOUR10021428.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 499
Thank you for these pictures, jun5. Mette-Marit seems to be quite busy with lots of royal duties lately. I don't know how or where she musters up the energy being 8 months pregnant and all. And she always seems so cheerful and smiling when out and about. How amazing!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 1st, 2003 - 7:28 pm
Thank you for these pictures, jun5. Mette-Marit seems to be quite busy with lots of royal duties lately. I don't know how or where she musters up the energy being 8 months pregnant and all. And she always seems so cheerful and smiling when out and about. How amazing!
I agree with you. They had official duties today again. Mette-Marit, she is truly amazing!

April 14, 2004 - TV 2
Written By: Carin Pettersson

Mette-Marit Did A Celina

Crown Princess Mette-Marit, who apparently was in a hurry when she was out shopping Tuesday, parked illegally, adopting socialite Celina Midelfart’s poor parking skills. Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit was allegedly out buying children’s clothes for the christening Saturday when she parked à la millionaire and heiress to a huge Norwegian cosmetics company, Celina Midelfart with her Volvo XC 90. According to the Norwegian paper Dagbladet, people passing by were surprised by how far into the intersection between Bygdøy Allè and Thomas Heftyes gate in the centre of Oslo the Crown Princess parked Tuesday.

Earlier this year, Celina Midelfart attracted media attention when she parked illegally on the sidewalk in order to be in time for an event at Kunstindustrimuseet Queen Sonja was attending. Midelfart got out of a parking ticket. According to the paper, Jon Fodstad, director of the Traffic Authority, stated that Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s illegal parking too close to the intersection is very common.

What made me wonder when I saw the pictures is that Mette-Marit gets out of the car from the wrong side. She doesn't get out from the driver's seat, and so somebody else must have been driving the car... hmmm.... :woot:

Mette-Marit opening a climbing wall

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00162/Mette-Marit_Tyrili__162144a.jpg
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00162/Mette-Marit_f_r_dem_162145a.jpg
http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1094631433.54708.jpg

Rather boring outfit I must say, and whats up with her only buttoning one button at the top (she also did it on Iceland and to an art show) it would be more elegant if she buttoned all three, it looks sloppy. At least there has been an improvement in the hair department lately:)

Larzen said:
http://www.vg.no/

Rather boring outfit I must say, and whats up with her only buttoning one button at the top (she also did it on Iceland and to an art show) it would be more elegant if she buttoned all three, it looks sloopy. At least there has been an improvement in the hair department lately:)
Thank you for posting the pictures.
Strangely I didn´t notice the outfit (until I´ve read your comment), but her warm and great contact to the kids. I think that MM is a beautiful woman and I further think, that she has wonderful stylish outfits in her closet, also a few terrible looking.
I can´t explain it... but when I look at MM it´s not the style that I "see" firstly, but the things she´s doing (in a great way!). This is an complete opposite to my view on other Royal ladies. E.g. Queen Rania, crown princess Mary, princess Caroline...those women catch my eye through their looks (good dressed or bad dressed...doesn´t matter...firstly I look at their style)

I totally agree with you. I think she is very stylish, but that isn't what I see first. It is always the way she interacts with the people she is speaking with. It seems to me she has a very big heart! I really like her!

Lena said:
I can´t explain it... but when I look at MM it´s not the style that I "see" firstly, but the things she´s doing (in a great way!). This is an complete opposite to my view on other Royal ladies. E.g. Queen Rania, crown princess Mary, princess Caroline...those women catch my eye through their looks (good dressed or bad dressed...doesn´t matter...firstly I look at their style)
The same feeling you have for MM i have for Mathilde, I often thinks she dresses rather boring, but I dont notice because she seems so interested in those she meets and the things she sees, that is what is important. Totally agree about Caroline, extremly overrated IMO, she looks great in Chanel but there is not much more. Rania certainly is involved in many good causes, but her constant couture clothes takes away the attention from the causes and puts it on her clothes. Mary has not been around that long, I suppose she does everything shes supposed to but for me thats it, I have not yet gotten the good vibes that i get from Mathilde, Märtha Louise and Victoria.

As for MM, sometimes she looks great other times not so good, but she does seem very natural around the children, but I wish she would wear some more collours and loose the turtlenecks.

I think for an event like opening a rock climbing wall that she should have worn a pair of pants, just my opinion. The one buttoned blazer isn't particularly flattering for her in the bussom area, in the last picture it looks like she needed more "support".

Other than that she looks great.:)

More support

Alisa said:
I think for an event like opening a rock climbing wall that she should have worn a pair of pants, just my opinion. The one buttoned blazer isn't particularly flattering for her in the bussom area, in the last picture it looks like she needed more "support".

Other than that she looks great.:)
Remember, the lady is breast feeding. That has to be uncomfortable. Special bra, & all that swelling.

That is another reason why she should button up her jackets more, instead of drawing attention to the area by buttoning up only the top button.:)

Mette-Marit at the 150th anniversary of Sunnaas hospital

Nesodden, Norway - Crown Princess Mette-Marit attends the celebration of the 150 year-anniversary of Sunnaas Sykehus (hospital) today. Photo: Tom Hansen

Source: Colourpress

Attachments

• mette-marit-10043583.jpg
    mette-marit-10043583.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 324
  • mette-marit-10043584.jpg
    mette-marit-10043584.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 318
  • mette-marit-10043559.jpg
    mette-marit-10043559.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 874
  • mette-marit-10043582.jpg
    mette-marit-10043582.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 324
  • mette-marit-10043580.jpg
    mette-marit-10043580.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 267
  • mette-marit-10043579.jpg
    mette-marit-10043579.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 300
  • mette-marit-10043560.jpg
    mette-marit-10043560.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 303
  • mette-marit-10043579.jpg
    mette-marit-10043579.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 325
  • mette-marit-10043558.jpg
    mette-marit-10043558.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 301
  • mette-marit-10043557.jpg
    mette-marit-10043557.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 335
Alexandria said:
Nesodden, Norway - Crown Princess Mette-Marit attends the celebration of the 150 year-anniversary of Sunnaas Sykehus (hospital) today. Photo: Tom Hansen Source: Colourpress
Thanks for the pictures Alexandria! I must admit that Mette-Marit looks great in these pictures. She is dressed for the occasion and her clothes are well coordinated.

Mette-Marit at the start of the construction of the Radium Hospital

Article from www.vg.no (Translation summary please)

Hyggelig, sier Mette-Marit
t.gif

RADIUMHOSPITALET (VG Nett) Som den første i kongefamilien kunne kronprinsesse Mette-Marit i dag kommentere den gledelige begivenhet.

Av HEGE LYNGVED ODINSEN og PÅL R HANSEN (foto)

Kronprinsessen var på Radiumhospitalet for å legge ned grunnstenen til nytt forskningsinstitutt tirsdag formiddag.

Et stort pressekorps var på plass for å følge kronprinsessen som smilte og strålte fra høye stiletthæler, mens regnet flommet ned fra himmelen.

- Det setter vi stor pris

Hun er den første i kongefamilien som har vært ute på offisielt oppdrag siden nyheten om at et nytt barn i kongefamilien er på vei, ble offentliggjort mandag.

-Det er veldig hyggelig. Det setter vi stor pris på, sa kronprinsessen i en kort kommentar til den kommende familieforøkelse.

Da Mette-Marit ble spurt om kronprinsparet hadde lignende planer, lo hun godt.

-Ikke ennå , svarte kronprinsessen lattermildt.

Kronprinsessen hadde fått i oppdrag i legge ned en førti kilo tung «grunnsten» som markerer byggestarten på det nye forskningsinstituttet ved Radiumhospitalet. Inne i grunnsteinen ligger flere dikt, tekster og tegninger fra kreftsyke, og tanken er at dette er hilsener og håp for fremtiden. I tillegg til hilsningene ligger også tegninger av bygget, et sett av årets mynter og av årets frimerker og dagens aviser.

Det 17000 kvadratmeter store bygget skal etter planen stå ferdig i 2009, og har en kostnadsramme på 1 milliard kroner.

Etter grunnstensnedleggelsen startet den offisielle feiringen av 50-årsjubileet for Institutt for kreftforskning. De mange på talelisten i anledning dagen roste forskningen som har blitt gjort, men understreket at det nå er viktig å få et nytt og moderne forskningsbygg på plass.

Last edited:
Summary: Mette-Marit said that the news of Märtha Louise and Ari having another baby was nice, but when asked if she and the Crown prince had similar plans she laughed and said "Not yet."

This conversation happened when Mette-Marit was marking the start of building a new research building at the Radium Hospital.

Thanks norwegianne. Mette-Marit looks good in that suit and it was very appropriate for the occasion.

September 21, 2004 - Pictures from ANB of Mette-Marit at the start of the new Radium Hospital.

Attachments

• 20040921-005 radium1.jpg
    20040921-005 radium1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 20040921-005 radium2.jpg
    20040921-005 radium2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 20040921-005 radium3.jpg
    20040921-005 radium3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 20040921-005 radium4.jpg
    20040921-005 radium4.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 20040921-005 radium5.jpg
    20040921-005 radium5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 20040921-005 radium6.jpg
    20040921-005 radium6.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 344
September 21, 2004 - More pictures of Mette-Marit at the start of Radium Hospital.
Pictures from www.nrk.no

Attachments

• 1__66.jpg
    1__66.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 2__77.jpg
    2__77.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 3__88.jpg
    3__88.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 4__99.jpg