Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she looks great, this white suite is beautiful indeed, but I don't like the belt! If she get a little more thinner she would look greater IMO!

Mette-Marit at OsloHimmel 2007

I was looking at what other events the Princess will be up too , it said that she will be at
"OsloHimmel "
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attends the feast and gala performance of the OsloHimmel festival (16:00).
does any one know where in Oslo that is being held ???

It will be at Youngstorget. Around 10 minutes away from The Royal Palace.

blowing bubbles, is that a job?
I'm sure that it was part of the festival. Part of the job of a royal is for them to attend events and be involved. It would not have looked very good if Mette-Marit had gone to the festival and just sat and watched while looking bored.

You are quite right : looking bored would not do.

:D
I'm sure that it was part of the festival. Part of the job of a royal is for them to attend events and be involved. It would not have looked very good if Mette-Marit had gone to the festival and just sat and watched while looking bored.

i was there at that festival , every one got given these bottles to blow bubbles , so she would of looked like a right miserable Princess if she handnt of joined in.

blowing bubbles, is that a job?

That's like saying of a fireman "Putting on boots, is that a job?" It's a small part of the job. If you are a public figure, you will be asked to cuddle kids you don't know, listen to boring speeches, cut ribbons - and blow bubbles. :)

Mette-Marit at Svalbard

Mette-MArit arriving at Svalbard for her first visit to the Archipilago since her marriage, she will be present for the event "Where people meet" in Longyearbyen, where she will present the award "International community" She will also attend the following dinner, and go home tomorrow.
Svalbardposten

the coat is by Arne & Carlos
ImageShack - Hosting :: arnecarlosim6.jpg

Yesterday Haakon had an audience with the Prime minister and wife from South Kora
http://img189.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=10956_sx346aa6_122_228lo.jpg

On wednesday he attend the international event to mark the 10th anniversay of the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention (the Ottawa treaty). The event was also attended by HRH Prince Mired of Jordan as well as Nobel Peace Prize winners Erin Shibad and Jody Williams and Minister of forreign affairs Jonas Gahr Støre
kongehuset.no - Landminekonvensjonen 10 år

Tomorrow he will preside state council which means the King is not in the country, after that he will attend the opening of the Norwegian Science week in Oslo

Last edited:
After Haakon presided State Council Haakon went to the University of Oslo to attend the opening of the research days. The research days are a ten day event that highlights research across the country
The theme of this years opening conference was climate and polar questions
kongehuset.no - Forskningsdagene 2007

A few pictures from MEtte-MArit at Svalbard yesterday
Svalbardposten
http://www.svalbardposten.no/images/thumbnails/FK7.jpg
http://www.svalbardposten.no/images/thumbnails/FK11.jpg

A few more pictures from the oslo himmel festival
Press the blue heading with "Neste" to see more
osloHIMMEL.no

Thanks Larzen for all the great information, you rock!! I love Mette-Marit, I think she looks so natural and genuine.

Her hair is toooooooo long and whithout a bob, she need to cut it urgently!!!!!

Mette-Marit's visit to the Red Cross Center in Sandvika

Getting back to her work:

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit together with Mohammadi with her son Simon (left) and Turybayaeva Gulzhan with her daughter Fatima during a visit to the Red Cross center in Sandvika, Norway.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
:flowers:

Her outfit
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

It's always great to see Mette with kids!
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I`m speechless about her outfit... it's so miss matching.. blue jacket,pink skirt, brown boots..and her hair is a total mess.
I will join the "Cut your hair" screams...

Last edited:
I am like you, what can you say about this outfit?????

Oh, I'm so glad to see her out again. But I must say, I HATE HER OUTFIT!!! A total mismatch. Her boots would have looked better with slacks and a bit of a heel on them. Her skirt would have looked better with a cami/cardigan set. I do like her sweater, just not with everything she is wearing.
As for her hair, I would be willing to fly over there and cut it for her and show her a few easy styling tips if someone can get me an appt with her!:lol:I might even be able to even convince her to let me do something with her lack of hair color.:ROFLMAO:

Ok, this outfit is not well chosen since badly matched. You are right.

But I like to see her sometimes so down to earth. Compared to Mary -who I also like (so please don't misunderstand me)- MM is not always so tarted up that people might think " Is that a job what she is doing or does she use each official apperance also as a catwalk"?

I love her long blond hair and her natural look. It is really not important what she is wearing - it is more important what she is representing in this moment...:flowers:

Hey - this outfit is of the "oh my god I have to go and I can't find my skirt"-variety, but her face is simply beautiful. And I'd rather have a beautiful face and no nice clothing than the other way round.

I agree with you, when you have such a face, the rest is not important

Getting back to her work:

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit together with Mohammadi with her son Simon (left) and Turybayaeva Gulzhan with her daughter Fatima during a visit to the Red Cross center in Sandvika, Norway.

Her outfit
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Wow! In a bad way. She's radiant in her face, but her choice of clothing says nothing about the "real" Mette. Next time her wardrobe coordinator needs to give her some advice before Mette steps out of the door.

she looks bad, like didnt sleep a long time. i like Mette-Marit, but this event said nothing about her activity as a Royal person.

I think that MM is stunningly beautiful, but this outfit it just terrible! She really needs Stacy & Clinton from the American show "What Not to Wear"!

she looks bad, like didnt sleep a long time. i like Mette-Marit, but this event said nothing about her activity as a Royal person.

How didn't it say anything about her activity as a royal person? Yes, her outfit was horrifying - but the outfit is not the whole event.

Mette-Marit is a patron of the Norwegian Red Cross. Visiting the Red Cross house, and learning about what the house has to offer - and meeting the users of the facilities is no more and no less what royal patrons seem to do. It should be enough to make an event. The outfit is - so to speak - just the icing on the cake. (Some of us do like pretty icing, though.)

Personally I'm kind of debating whether to rejoice - because she wears colours - and a pretty pale pink one at that - or to frown because of the mismatch. :ermm:

She looks beautiful (I like her with longer hairs), but the outfit is indeed horrible. I am so tired of her dark shirts and of that belt - she always wears belts at the moment! And the skirt does not fit with the boots, it is not the kind of skirts you wear with boots ... No belt and another skirt and the outfit would had been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom