Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo Mette! Well and beautifully done. Hope to see more of her.

great photos of mm! i loved how she looked. the ouftit spreaded some sense of modernity mixed with clasicism. lovely, specially when in new york. she seemed to enjoy being there.

did she give any speeches? any videos to see?

Mette -Marit tries the hairband too ... Nice, but when you've seen Queen Rania with one, Mette does not look so beautiful with it ...

IMO MM pulled of the headband beautifully. It wasn't overdone and actually served a purpose. Bravo MM!

New times with the new webiste;) , they publish information on events to come, so far only in Norwegian.

This is about the opening of the amandus filmfestival to be held March 26-29th, Mette-Marit will be present for the opening, and is the patron of the festival, all the filmeditors are younger than 20

information about the festival and link to webiste
kongehuset.no - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen åpner Amandusfestivalen

16.3 she will attend Oslo Church Music Festival, one of her most recent patronages, from 2006 I think. It iwll be in the trinity church where Haralds birthday service was held

They have also started to publish speeches held in Norway

Speech given by HRH Crown Prince Haakon at the opening of The Norwegian Private Sector Development Conference, Oslo.
In english and with pic
kongehuset.no - Norwegian Private Sector Development Conference

Mette-Marits speech at the evnts about equal rights in the Nobel Center
In Norwegian with pic
kongehuset.no - Det europeiske året for like muligheter for alle

and also the christmas three speech in english
kongehuset.no - The Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square

The Nordic Crown Princesses Victoria, Mette-Marit and Mary are patrons of the 10. ”Biennale Musikfestspiele Saar” which will focus on nordic music. Biennale Musikfestspiele Saar is held on different locations in Paris, Luxembourg and Saarland from april 21st to july 6th 2007
Nordische Musik bei den Musikfestspielen Saar 2007 (Norwegen - die offizielle Seite in Deutschland)

the opening concert is April 21st, and it runs until July 6th, Maybe Victoria and/or Mette-Marit will show up for some of the concerts, probably not Mary since her baby is due at this time
musikfestspiele-saar.de

Yesterday Mette-Marit went with her mother and brother Espen to a Dolly Parton concert in Oslo Spektrum, never figured her a A Dolly Parton kind of girl:lol:

article and pic
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=169752

Today she attend the Oslo International church music festival, Haakon has state council with his father, on Saturday Mette-Marit attends a concert to mark the 100th anniversary of Tøyen Church, and on Sunday Haakon and Mette-Marit got to Holmenkollen along with the King and Queen and Princess Astrid

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the pics. MM is looking really nice lately. Her and Haakon are a very sharp looking couple. They seem sincere nothing fake about them. Great info also, Larzen, about the upcoming events I'll be looking for pics. And I agree MM doesn't look like a Dolly Parton type of fan. But who knows maybe Dolly wanted to meet MM or something like that.

Or maybe, she like so many people has heard of Dolly Parton and just wanted to see what she was all about. Dolly Parton is an icon of Country Music. I'm not exactly a fan but would go and see her if the occasion ever can about.

dazzling said:
the link does not work for me, could you please post it again :flowers:

Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrives to Oslo's Holy Trinity church Friday 16 March, 2007, to attend a religious music concert

The ANP Pictures:

ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
Very windy it was ! Beautiful as ever she was in the wind

The Norwegian Space Center

magnik said:
It'll be great to see her again even if we should waite almost a week.
Actually Mette-Marit has an engagement at the Norwegian Space Center tomorrow (13th).

Today she listened to the first scandinavian in Space Swedish (but also very important, part norwegian) Christer Fuglesang and the rest of the crew from the Discovery airshuttle. Fulesang is very popular here, he has been on all the morning shows an will be on all the evening shows as well as the most popular talkshow Skavlan tonight. His presentation in the city Hall today was open for everyone who wanted to attend.

She should have borrowed one of Beatrxs UFO hats for this engagement:cool:
Pic (scanpic)
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63132_23_122_422lo.jpg
Preview of 'alle20070413-031.jpg' - FotoWeb® 2.7

After the presentation Mette-Marit will visit the store of the Salvation Army in Oslo - Sally Ann, Sally Ann works in fair trade and the products comes from countries like Bangladesh, Peru, Moldova and Kenya and produced with support of microcredit, or by handicapped and prostitutes in those countires, according to the salvation army she will spend part of the day there getting to know more about the projects
http://www.frelsesarmeen.no/pages/artikkel.aspx?nr=6174
Sally Ann

Larzen said:
As Patron for the Norwegian Council for Design Mette-Marit will be present at the opening of the exhibition of the Master students at the Bergen National Academy of the Arts 20 April 18.00 in Bergen. The exhibition is part of the Designdays "substans" that also consists of conferences, Seminars and meetings and last until May 6th
Wonder why Haakon in suddenly going instead:neutral:

Last edited:
Larzen said:
She should have borrowed one of Beatrxs UFO hats for this engagement:cool:
Pic (scanpic)
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63132_23_122_422lo.jpg

Your too funny Larzen, but seeing her in one would make her blend in with todays engagment mood.
She looks in very good high spirtit today, seems she enjoyed what she went to. she's in black again, but what a great fitted suit, like the belt & the pantent shoes with same color bag.

what time would something like this start? do events take place in the morning usually ?
Few beautiful pictures of MM today. she really looked good - polfoto pictures

Crown Princess Mette-Marit is welcomed by the Mayor of Oslo, Per-Ditlev Simonsen, at arrival to a lecture with the crew of the space shuttle Discovery in the City Hall in Oslo, Norway, April 13, 2007. Among the crew members was Sweden’s first astronaut Christer Fuglesang who has a Norwegian father.
Picture 1
picture 2
(anp pictures)

Last edited:
How beautiful ! How nice to see her again, we don't see her enough

Thank you very much for Mette-Marit's picture. Though she's wearing dark colour again, I think she looks very good and very elegant. :)

Well, I like her suit even if it's black. Mette-Marit looked quite elegant!:flowers:

About the black colour.. there can be many reasons.
Maybe she just wore black before it's her favourite colour. She usually wears dark colours. ... I can imagine that she wears black for her next engagements because of the death of her father.

Close-up of her elegant outfit;
Side 2

Last edited:
After the presentation Mette-Marit will visit the store of the Salvation Army in Oslo - Sally Ann, Sally Ann works in fair trade and the products comes from countries like Bangladesh, Peru, Moldova and Kenya and produced with support of microcredit, or by handicapped and prostitutes in those countires, according to the salvation army she will spend part of the day there getting to know more about the projects
http://www.sallyann.no/
Mette-Marit at Sally Ann, the Fair Trade shop of the Salvation Army in Oslo. After a lunch and an orientation about the concept she was given a tour of the store and the history behind the products, she took good time and she also got presents to take home to her children. Sweathers designed by Mette Møller and shirts designed by Peter Løchstøer, all produced by former prostitues in Bangladesh

article with two pics
http://www.frelsesarmeen.no/pages/artikkel.aspx?nr=6180

Larzen said:
Mette-Marit at Sally Ann, the Fair Trade shop of the Salvation Army in Oslo. After a lunch and an orientation about the concept she was given a tour of the store and the history behind the products, she took good time and she also got presents to take home to her children. Sweathers designed by Mette Møller and shirts designed by Peter Løchstøer, all produced by former prostitues in Bangladesh

article with two pics
++ Frelsesarmeen.no ++
Larzen, those were two nice pictures. thanks for posting. & i say it again, i cant get over her suit. I know its a classic plain black suit, but there is something really beautiful about it & ive realized that she obtains for dark colors which could get boring but i came to the point to say they do suit her very well.:flowers: Maybe the small touch of the belt made it different. who knows !
How nice of her to get things for her children. Kids must be happy mummy coming home with few gifts.this is a good cause to support or go to.

She looks great today! The belt really emphasizes her slim waist. It's nice that she picked out some things for the kids at the Salvation Army store. Seems like a very good cause.

Children are children and a gift is always welcome, what a pity we don't see more of the three children

She really amazes me. When you look at her she's not like drop dead gorgeous. But at the same time she is one of the simplest beauties out there. What I mean by that is that she seems to be the most natural in her looks. Well, her and Mathilde. I think I would put Mathilde in that category too. They both have simple hair, simple make-up, and yet it works so well, IMO. They are two real natural beauties. Nothing over the top! I guess it all comes down to preference but I have to admit I love the simple but beautiful approach of both Mette-Marit and Mathilde.

Aurora810 said:
She really amazes me. When you look at her she's not like drop dead gorgeous. But at the same time she is one of the simplest beauties out there. What I mean by that is that she seems to be the most natural in her looks. Well, her and Mathilde. I think I would put Mathilde in that category too. They both have simple hair, simple make-up, and yet it works so well, IMO. They are two real natural beauties. Nothing over the top! I guess it all comes down to preference but I have to admit I love the simple but beautiful approach of both Mette-Marit and Mathilde.

Well Said:clap: I think M-M is one of prettiest Princess out there. I didn't really become aware of the Norweign royal family until M-M was having IA, so I really don't know what she was like when they were engaged or first married, but I think she has grown into her role wonderfully and IMO, she will make a great Queen. She seems very comfortable in her skin. Plus, going home to CP Haakon every night doesn't hurt either. LOL He is just so handsome!!!!:wub:

Mette-Marit Current Events

Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrives to the opening of the women’s conference on leadership in Oslo, Norway, April 24, 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Personally, I think she looks great, i love the outfit.WOW!maybe her hair had to be up but thats all about it. Will she be taking part in this conference ?

I'm of the school that thinks that when Mette-Marit pulls out the big guns - the wedding in Denmark, the christening in Greece, and so on, she looks great. She looks good in casual clothes. But there is something about her suits that don't quite agree with me. The outfit in question here - the skirt looks great and is interesting - but it is overwhelmed by the jacket (which she's worn before, and kudos for using things over, but it didn't look better on her then...). More fitted suits, and nothing that looks like it is too small.

I might be overly critical - but it's just, I've seen her look amazing, and she has a couple of suits that look good on her, so I just dislike it when she doesn't use her full potential. And this has nothing with her looking glamourous and whatnot on a working conference like this, but looking like she hasn't raided someone else's closet might be a start.

The topic of the conference seems to be fairly interesting - a female networking conference aimed towards leaders in the energy industry. The opening speech (by the environmental minister) talked about climate policy and energy policy.

Here are some additional pics of Mette-Marit today.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Personally I kind of like the outfit she's wearing. It's alright! I think however that the material is not that easy for it to look good all the time. It seems to be the type of outfit that needs some adjusting after one gets out of a car.;) I also think one thing that is not that great about the outfit is that the jacket part looks a little snug and possibly because of what she's wearing under it. I often see Letizia wear sleeves like this during the warm months in Spain so the sleeves don't bother me it just lets me know it's getting warmer in Norway. As for the skirt it's nice in my opinion. Maybe the outfit isn't as good as it could be but the type of material and the skirt seem a little out of MM's comfort zone so I am happy to see her try something a little different. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom