Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette Marit in New York, January 2007

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess is present for the opening of Tom Sandbergs exhibition at PS1 – MOMA – New York

This event has been removed from the official calendar but the court confirms to NTB that Mette-Marit will go to New York to attend the opening, so it seems Haakon is not going with her. Tom Sandbegs exhibition is considered the biggest "happening" in Norwegian modern art in New York since Jan Groth had his exhibition at the Guggenheim in 1986. The Curator is Bob Nickas

The Crown Princess other program in New York has not been made public yet
Mette-Marit til New York for å se samtidskunst

from the embassy
Tom Sandberg at P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center/MoMA (Norway - the official site in the United States)
This exhibition by the Norwegian photographer Tom Sandberg is his first in an American museum. It also marks the first solo exhibition of work by a Norwegian artist in a New York museum for nearly twelve years.
Working for almost thirty years, and exclusively in black and white, the curator Bob Nickas writes about Sandberg: "He has produced a remarkable body of work that is consistent in its vision, imbued with a sense of mystery and a great depth of feeling. Whether he shows us sublime snow- covered mountains or a car parked in the street, the head of an infant or a spectral house shrouded in fog, his pictures, quite simply, are about what it means to be alive. Sandberg is an artist who understands that life is in the balance. Many of his pictures are aerial views — the earth seen from above, in a sense, in a state of suspension. One of his most hauntingly beautiful pictures is an image of a plane seeming to hover just a few feet above a runway. He returns again and again to pictures of the sun, the ocean, endless clouds, the horizon. In some of his pictures the image is barely visible, as if testing the limits of what the eye can see. Sandberg's work is also very much about photography, about the act of seeing, and ultimately about being in the world."

Last edited:
Maybe I'm a little out of the loop because I didn't realize she was scheduled to come to NY. I really hope we get to see pics. But as another member said, I think this might be a rather low profile visit. We'll see!!:rolleyes:

Larzen said:
BTW Im curious why they removed Haakon from the trip to New York, last week they were both shedueled to go, and now it is just her, and he has nothing else official on his agenda for now that day, or the day before.

Maybe they wanted one of the parents to stay home with the kids? It is cold and flu season (and probably a couple of other winter illnesses) and since Princess Ingrid Alexandra is in kindergarten and Marius at school, chances are that they will bring home other stuff in addition to empty lunch boxes and homework :rolleyes:

KikkiB said:
Maybe they wanted one of the parents to stay home with the kids? It is cold and flu season (and probably a couple of other winter illnesses) and since Princess Ingrid Alexandra is in kindergarten and Marius at school, chances are that they will bring home other stuff in addition to empty lunch boxes and homework :rolleyes:

That sounds a bit strange - usually business trips of "normal people" are not rescheduled because their kids could catch the flu.

Larzen said:
BTW Im curious why they removed Haakon from the trip to New York, last week they were both shedueled to go, and now it is just her, and he has nothing else official on his agenda for now that day, or the day before.
Maybe Haakon and Mette-Marit wanted one of them to be at home for Princess Astrid's birthday dinner?

KikkiB said:
He should be happy he is man, had he been a "she" we would al think (s)he was pregnant:rolleyes:

It could also be a mistake on the webiste, it is not exactly flawless (understatement:cool: )

I would think that the likely reason for Haakon to stay home if the website is right and he's now not going to New York, would be because of Princess Astrid's birthday. It make sense that he would need to and would also want to go to that birthday dinner for her. Just my own thoughts but maybe we'll get a better clue later as to why he's staying.

Larzen said:
He should be happy he is man, had he been a "she" we would al think (s)he was pregnant:rolleyes:

If he were a "she" it would be enough if he showed up at the "Needle eye" meeting like his wife wearing unflattering clothes and revealing a lot of tummy. I'm waiting for the next couple of "MM is pregnant"-articles! :)

Aurora810 said:
I would think that the likely reason for Haakon to stay home if the website is right and he's now not going to New York, would be because of Princess Astrid's birthday. It make sense that he would need to and would also want to go to that birthday dinner for her. Just my own thoughts but maybe we'll get a better clue later as to why he's staying.
Like I said, that's what I thought. But the interesting thing looking at the schedule is that Mette-Marit's in NYC on the 11th, and she's got an engagement in Norway on the 13th. So, she's not going to staying in NYC for long and may very well be back in time for Princess Astrid's b-day dinner on the 12th.

Last edited:
It's nice to see her again!:) I love her jacket (but I don't know about the stockings :ermm: ).

It is nice to see her but I just wish she would stand up straight. MM is my favorite Princess but it seems to me that sometimes she seems really hesitate in the public eye. I also wish she would wear something else besides the black stockings. She is starting to dress to old for her age. IMO

Her suit is very pretty, great color. she looks good but id wish she'd do some style with her hair, its always the same some change would be nice. I hope this is the start of us seeing her more often

Sister Morphine said:
All you should do is just click the link, and in that giant white space you see next to the different video clips you can watch, the WMP thing should come up and the video will start. What browser are you using?
I can't get it to start either and would love to watch it. Thanks for the help!:wub:

Yes, it is nice to see her again. January seemed kind of slow royal wise or maybe it was just my imagination. Well, maybe she's back and we'll see her more often in coming months.

Yes, I also agree with others that have said she needs to change up her style some. She is the danger zone of beginning to look a little older than she is and actually I think she's the youngest of the crown princess's that have married into RF's.

kwanfan said:
Like I said, that's what I thought. But the interesting thing looking at the schedule is that Mette-Marit's in NYC on the 11th, and she's got an engagement in Norway on the 13th. So, she's not going to staying in NYC for long and may very well be back in time for Princess Astrid's b-day dinner on the 12th.

I didn't realize her trip was going to be that quick. But it does make sense, I mean she does have plenty of reasons to get back to Norway and not spend extra time in NY. Although I know NY is fun.:ROFLMAO:

According to VG-paper edition who has talked to the information secretary at the palace Svein Gj. Gjeruldsen, Mette-Marit will fly to New York on Friday, attend the opening at MoMa Sunday, fly directly home and attend Princess Astrids birthday dinner on monday at the palace. So it seems it is only that one event on the agenda in New York

Larzen said:
According to VG-paper edition who has talked to the information secretary at the palace Svein Gj. Gjeruldsen, Mette-Marit will fly to New York on Friday, attend the opening at MoMa Sunday, fly directly home and attend Princess Astrids birthday dinner on monday at the palace. So it seems it is only that one event on the agenda in New York
I don't know how long the flight is from NYC to Norway, but I think it's really nice that Mette-Marit is coming back immediately so that she can be there for Astrid's birthday. Somehow, I wonder if she would have done the same for Ragnhild's birthday! :rolleyes:

Mette-Marit doesn't seem to do very much:ermm:

MissSaga said:
Mette-Marit doesn't seem to do very much:ermm:
She hasn't been busy so far this year, but next week she has three engagements (MoMA in NYC, Princess Astrid's birthday, and the awarding of "The Needle Eye"), and the following week will be King Harald's birthday events.

kwanfan said:
She hasn't been busy so far this year, but next week she has three engagements (MoMA in NYC, Princess Astrid's birthday, and the awarding of "The Needle Eye"), and the following week will be King Harald's birthday events.

Well, of course she has three kids but compared to Mary or Maxima she really has only a few engagements.

I kind of think that January was just a slow month for royal watching. Especially for fans of Norway and Sweden RF's. But I think that's just how it is. Sometimes there's going to be a lot going on and other times there won't. Although thank goodness for the Dutch they seem to always have something going on.

I think Mette Marit , should do more engagments , only because what will happen when she becomes Queen , she cant just be doing a few here and there, ( I really like MM) but Princess Mary always seems to be out and about !

Her_Majesty said:
Mette -Marit in New York.
See a Picture here.

Thanks Her Majesty! I've been looking for some pics and for some news on her short trip to NY.

She looks kind of different to me or maybe it's just the angle of the pic.

Someone should tell MM that beige is not a good color for her- makes her look so washed out.

In tIhis case there is only a little beige, I think she looks gorgeous

Mette-Marit said to the press

This is a big day for norwegian contemporary art when Tom Sandberg as the first Norwegian has an exhibition at PS1, I find the Exhibition very beautiful

According to NTB, Mette-Marit has one of his photographies, and has already seen many of the pictures before

It looks like she is wearing new modern jewellery, bracelets and rings
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/117902/8.jpg

with the artist
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/slideshow/117902/0.jpg

more pictures
Side 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom