Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit is a patron of the Norwegian Red Cross. Visiting the Red Cross house, and learning about what the house has to offer - and meeting the users of the facilities is no more and no less what royal patrons seem to do. It should be enough to make an event. The outfit is - so to speak - just the icing on the cake. (Some of us do like pretty icing, though.) :ermm:
Of course her work and support for the red Cross should be in the foreground.
That's the most important part of her job as CP.
It's great to see her working for organizations like this.

But ;) I think she should always keep in mind that she's representing her country every time she works.
So I think she should care a bit more about the way she looks...
I think every Royal person has a personal stylist..so I don't understand why the Princess dresses like that the last time...

it seemed that she was not interested.
when she looks better, she shines and smiles to everyone. and on this event she looked bored and unconcerned.

Agree with you biboquinhas:flowers: I really, really, really wish Mette Marit would do something with her hair!!!

Not only she needs something to do with her hair.
Also with her boring wardrobe. Ok she has some more pounds, but that would be ok with the right wardrobe. She should avoid wearing belts.
Two examples. At the 40th birthday in the Netherlands her evening dress would have been much nicer without the belt.
And some days later a black /white coat. It would have looked liked much better with coat open and without that belt.
Hope she finally is looking for some fashion advisor.

Getting back to her work:

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit together with Mohammadi with her son Simon (left) and Turybayaeva Gulzhan with her daughter Fatima during a visit to the Red Cross center in Sandvika, Norway.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
:flowers:

Her outfit
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

It's always great to see Mette with kids!
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I`m speechless about her outfit... it's so miss matching.. blue jacket,pink skirt, brown boots..and her hair is a total mess.
I will join the "Cut your hair" screams...

As I already said in another post. That belts are just terrible. But this outfit is just to run screaming away. Very dissapointing. At the begin of her " royal career" she was so stylish and the longer she is Princess the more boring she has become and the more horrible her outfits.

it seemed that she was not interested.
when she looks better, she shines and smiles to everyone. and on this event she looked bored and unconcerned.

I agree. Mette-Marit should pay more attention how she looks like, because otherwise it can make impression she does not treat her duties sereiously. Of course I'm positive she puts heart to her job, but the look is quite important in her position.

Oh, I'm so glad to see her out again. But I must say, I HATE HER OUTFIT!!! A total mismatch. Her boots would have looked better with slacks and a bit of a heel on them. Her skirt would have looked better with a cami/cardigan set. I do like her sweater, just not with everything she is wearing.
As for her hair, I would be willing to fly over there and cut it for her and show her a few easy styling tips if someone can get me an appt with her!:lol:I might even be able to even convince her to let me do something with her lack of hair color.:ROFLMAO:
I agree with you.
And I think,...she is the crown princess, she need to be all good (hair and outift)

That it`s the worst outfit I have seen Mette Marit in :eek: She need some help...

Mette-Marit opening the university of Agder, '07

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway during the opening of the University of Agder in Kristiansand Norway November 20, 2007 (ANP)

MM 1 -- MM 2 -- Stage 1 -- Stage 2 -- stage 3 -- arriving

Thanks for the pictures, dazzling.

It's a pity Mette-Marit was dresses so darkly again (+ black stockings) ... she nearly got lost on the dark stage. There was nearly no contrast between her and the stage.
Nevertheless it is nice to see her out again... it has been quite a quiet month for the Norwegian Royals so far.

Thanks for the pictures, dazzling.

It's a pity Mette-Marit was dresses so darkly again (+ black stockings) ... she nearly got lost on the dark stage. There was nearly no contrast between her and the stage.
Nevertheless it is nice to see her out again... it has been quite a quiet month for the Norwegian Royals so far.

I thought of that as well, while posting the pictures but then cant blame her, she couldnt of none on what the background of the stage would be:D besides getting lost against the background, I thought she looked nice though dressed abit too dark but then its winter:flowers:

The University of Agder is Norway's seventh university. It received university status in state council on August 10. It has campuses in Kristiansand, Arendal and Grimstad.

The University of Agder is Norway's seventh university. It received university status in state council on August 10. It has campuses in Kristiansand, Arendal and Grimstad.

Is it a popular university in Norway? what if the university doesnt receive status in state council? Btw, is this a university MM attended ( i thought i'd ask since she is opening it, but also it could do nothing with that);)

Is it a popular university in Norway? what if the university doesnt receive status in state council? Btw, is this a university MM attended ( i thought i'd ask since she is opening it, but also it could do nothing with that);)

It has roughly 8,000 students. It's not one of the more popular ones, as it was just "promoted" from being a college to an university - and the colleges aren't as popular with students as the universities are.

If it doesn't receive status in state council, it is a high likelihood that it hasn't done all the work to get it - all three of Norway's recent universities, Stavanger, Ås and Agder, had to go through a fairly long process with evaluations, and recommendations to get even as far as the state council.

Mette-Marit attended the Agder university college in Grimstad, which is the University of Agder's predecessor. She studied for her examen philosophicum and the first year of becoming a construction engineer.

People who always dress in somber colours are sometimes very hung up about their figure... maybe it is the case

Yes she is a true beauty.

Am I wrong or has she attended three events the same day ???

Mette-Marit and FOKUS

Mette-Marit is the patron of Forum for Kvinner og Utvikling (FOKUS). (Forum for Women and Development).

She's attending a competence day about violence in close relationships by them today.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway arrives to the conference "Violence against Women" in Oslo, Norway, November 21, 2007 (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2

I like MM's suit, ver proffesional for today but that bag, its huge for a day meeting.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway arrives to the conference "Violence against Women" in Oslo, Norway, November 21, 2007 (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2

I like MM's suit, ver proffesional for today but that bag, its huge for a day meeting.

That bag is awful:bang:

:neutral: What on earth possessed her to buy that bag? And then use it? I'm all for the big bag thing (the current "in" with bags), but Mette has taken it to another level!

:neutral: What on earth possessed her to buy that bag? And then use it? I'm all for the big bag thing (the current "in" with bags), but Mette has taken it to another level!

i agree. i love big bags. BUT this one is far too much. not professional at all! it looks like she is doing the weekly shopping.

Mette-Marit is the patron of Forum for Kvinner og Utvikling (FOKUS). (Forum for Women and Development).

She's attending a competence day about violence in close relationships by them today.

Wouldn't it be better to discuss the purpose of the occassion today - not so much the clothes issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom