Marius Borg Hoiby Current Events: November 12, 2002 - January 30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla1971 said:
I think Marius would have received some of his looks from his mum!:D But, I've never seen a pic of Morten, so I can't comment on his side.;)

this is true, certainly.

i think there are some pics of Morten in this thread and well, not to be weird, but i think he and MM kinda look like each other. :eek:

so Marius' blond cuteness is coming at him from both sides.

There was this picture of Mette-Marit at age three, or so, where she looked exactly like Marius! So much, that I wondered if it was him at first.

I am just wondering if Marius has been ignored since his sister was born...

Alamak said:
I am just wondering if Marius has been ignored since his sister was born...
I'm sure he has not been ignored. If you look through previous threads about Haakon & Mette-Marit, you will see the many things they have done with Ingrid Alexandra. There are many pictures of them going skiing, he went to Greece with them when they went to Odysseas Kimon's chrsitening. There were many photos of Marius & Haakon on the beach with Kyril of Bulgaria and his daughters. There were also photos of the whole family on vacation with Infanta Christina and her family. I think it is quite clear that Marius has not been ignored.

pollyemma said:
this is true, certainly.

i think there are some pics of Morten in this thread and well, not to be weird, but i think he and MM kinda look like each other. :eek:

so Marius' blond cuteness is coming at him from both sides.

Well, I'm having a crazy day and even I don't see to much similarity. The hair definately, maybe the nose, but not much else that's similar between M-M and Morten.

Marius really looks like his parents though.:)

Last edited:
kwanfan said:
I'm sure he has not been ignored. If you look through previous threads about Haakon & Mette-Marit, you will see the many things they have done with Ingrid Alexandra. There are many pictures of them going skiing, he went to Greece with them when they went to Odysseas Kimon's chrsitening. There were many photos of Marius & Haakon on the beach with Kyril of Bulgaria and his daughters. There were also photos of the whole family on vacation with Infanta Christina and her family. I think it is quite clear that Marius has not been ignored.

Maybe 'ignored' wasn't the intended word. Maybe 'coming second'? I can see that when a new baby is born, the older child/children may feel left out. But, it seems like it's fairly balanced in this case. Marius is included in everything that I-A is (to the best of my knowledge) and I did see a pic of the CP couple, I-A and Marius' paternal grandmother at one of Marius' soccer matches.

pollyemma said:
i wonder if he's as cute as marius?
In Se og Hør today there is pictures of Lucas Alexander and Emanuel. .Well the picture of Lucas Alexander is 8 months old. From Se og Hør:

1.Celine and Emanuel
2.Celine and Morten with baby Lucas Alexander

3.Lucas Alexander, 300x300
4.Lucas Alexander, 350x350
5.Lucas Alexander, 400x400

from cover on 10/31
sorry if it already posted...i didnt see it
CA89ARKH.jpg

congrats on the birth of his Half Brother

Marius has four younger siblings now...2 half-brothers (lille prinsen + Lukas Alexander), 1 half-sister (Ingrid Alexandra), and a step brother (Emmanuel)! He's an expert older brother now :D

Marius looks so much like his mother. I love seeing new pics of him. Thanks to everyone who has kept us up to date on him. He's a beautiful boy.
Growing up so fast.

from cover
CA0PQJ41.jpg
CA1WUX9R.jpg
CA2JO1UB.jpg

CAG11DDY.jpg
CAEBGTWH.jpg
CADGZI3F.jpg

CA5CJI3J.jpg

with grandfather
CA3I25VF.jpg

with Haakon and Victoria of Sweden
CA3M21ZF.jpg

with his father
CAETMLS1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more from cover
CAKSCHWV.jpg
CAGPEBSL.jpg
CAGX27GD.jpg
CAI3WPY5.jpg

CAL1F3Z7.jpg
CAL17FBF.jpg
CALOMD5V.jpg

CALS3YB1.jpg

CAMFSDG9.jpg
CAUFGTER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LaMinka said:
In Se og Hør today there is pictures of Lucas Alexander and Emanuel. .Well the picture of Lucas Alexander is 8 months old. From Se og Hør:

1.Celine and Emanuel
2.Celine and Morten with baby Lucas Alexander

3.Lucas Alexander, 300x300
4.Lucas Alexander, 350x350
5.Lucas Alexander, 400x400

Does anyone else see the simularity between Morten Borgs wife and his ex? Change Celine from a brunette to a blonde with fairer skin and she could be Mette-Marit's sister.....
I think Marius and his two baby-brothers will look a lot alike.

aaawww... thanks, laurixa for these photos!

i think it safe to say that Haakon & Marius probably has a better step-father & step-son relationship than perhaps most flesh&blood father & son.
i'm sure Haakon already thinks & treat Marius as his own son... he's so fatherly towards him...

purple_platinum said:
aaawww... thanks, laurixa for these photos!

i think it safe to say that Haakon & Marius probably has a better step-father & step-son relationship than perhaps most flesh&blood father & son.
i'm sure Haakon already thinks & treat Marius as his own son... he's so fatherly towards him...

I read on the internet that Haakon adopted Marius..is this true? :confused:

Either way, their interactions show a lot about Haakon's character. I'm impressed by how protective he is of Marius.:)

How old was Mauris when Mette-Marit starting dating Haakon ? I was also wondering what kind of relationship did Mette have with Mauris father ?

Thanks

Last edited:
janos614 said:
I read on the internet that Haakon adopted Marius..is this true? :confused:
Where have you read this? It's been mentioned that Haakon won't go to steps like that, as Marius already has a father... and the current arrangements are satisfying for all involved.

well, I'm not Janus, but the (stupid) german press wrote that after their engagemnet or wedding. I'm not quite sure.

Ì just found a lot of links at vg.no. I can't read norwegian so I'd be grateful if someone who's able to read/speak it could translate the headline. Thx.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=6763022

Luana said:
well, I'm not Janus, but the (stupid) german press wrote that after their engagemnet or wedding. I'm not quite sure.

Ì just found a lot of links at vg.no. I can't read norwegian so I'd be grateful if someone who's able to read/speak it could translate the headline. Thx.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=6763022
It says that Haakon said before the marriage that adopting Marius wasn't an option, but that they would do their best to make sure that he felt that he was part of the family, regardless.

Oppie said:
How old was Mauris when Mette-Marit starting dating Haakon ? I was also wondering what kind of relationship did Mette have with Mauris father ?

Thanks
Marius was around three years old when Mette-Marit and Haakon started dating.

Strange, I have been thinking for a long time that Hakoon did adopt Marius. I remember reading it a while back and I have always thought that. How is marias relationship with his biolagical father.

norwegianne said:
It says that Haakon said before the marriage that adopting Marius wasn't an option, but that they would do their best to make sure that he felt that he was part of the family, regardless.

This is where I read it- I don't know how reputable Hello! is, but I do read it as one of my sources of royal news. I did think it was strange that Marius's father would give up his rights that way- I thought he and Mette-Marit had custody or at least visiting rights for the dad.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/24/norwayroyalchristmas/

BABIES CENTRE STAGE IN NORWAY'S ROYAL PORTRAIT
24 DECEMBER 2004
Crown Prince Haakon is hosting his family's Christmas festivities this year, and the heir to the throne has got a whole new reason to celebrate, as his baby daughter joins the royal revels for the first time.

Little Princess Ingrid, who was born on January 21, is the prince's first biological child, although he has adopted his wife Mette-Marit's young son Marius. And it's the babes-in-arms -Ingrid and her cousin Maud - who take centre stage in the family's Christmas photos.

The whole family has gathered at Haakon's estate for the holiday period, and already the festive shots are out, showing their delight at being all together. Haakon, Mette-Marit and Marius were pictured in their kitchen introducing Ingrid to the joys of traditional gingerbread-style pepperkaker a few days ago. And the family has just been rounded out by the arrival of Haakon's sister, Princess Martha Louise, with her husband Ari Behn and their 18-month-old daughter Maud.

The royal family will be spending Christmas in traditional Norwegian style, with their main celebration taking place on the 24th, Christmas Eve.

In terms of actual facts about the Norwegian royal family, Hello magazine sometimes have dubious content. In my experience at least, especially after I caught them reporting on how the Germans invaded Norway in 1942 or 43 in King Harald's profile... *rolls eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom