Marius Borg Hoiby Current Events: November 12, 2002 - January 30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lena said:
Thank you for the article, Mandy.
It almost looks as if Marius would do a "Froilan-slip" ;) But it can also be, that he just helps the other boy. And on the whole he looks much happier than at official Royal events (the baptism of Ingrid or the wedding of his mother)

The article only says, that Marius played with other kids, gave out programmes for the ceremony, when guests arrived at the church.
And the article further says that Marius father Morten got engaged with Celine in May during a holiday-trip to egypt.
Thanks for the translation Lena. Marius is just a normal, active, little boy.

Hhmm... reminds me of Froilan at Felipe and Letizia's wedding...but at least it isn't during the ceremony.

Was the other blond boy Celine's son?
Has anyone else noticed how much Marius looks like the kid from Dennis the Mennis? (The movie with Walter Matthau) I'll find a picture later...it's uncanny.

Last edited:
Source: Hello!

Princess Mette-Marit's Ex Weds Oslo Model

7 SEPTEMBER 2004
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway's son Marius had a very special engagement over the weekend, attending his father's wedding in Oslo.

The seven-year-old, who lives with the princess and her husband, Crown Prince Haakon, acted as pageboy for his dad Morten Borg, and his 26-year-old bride, Celine Maktabi, as they tied the knot on Friday.
A bow-tie wearing Marius seemed to be enjoying his role in the nuptials, held at a church in Bygdoy, a tranquil peninsula on the western side of Oslo. Mum Mette-Marit, however, who split with Morten not long after their son's birth, declined an invitation to attend.

Bride Celine, an interior design student, is the youngest daughter of wealthy Lebanese-born businessman Mahmoud Maktabi. Known for his import businesses, particularly Persian rugs, the mogul recently treated his daughter, new son-in-law and little Marius to a family vacation at a luxury spa in Egypt.

Attachments

• morton-dop1a.jpg
    morton-dop1a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 22,895
  • morton-dop2a.jpg
    morton-dop2a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,658
Can Marius be "given" a title later in life? I mean can a title be bestowed upon him when Mette-Marit and Hakkon become King and Queen?

Norway does not have a nobility, at all, and I doubt that they will create a title especially for him. In the long run I think it is better for him NOT to have one, actually. He has the chance his siblings on his mother's side will never have, to lead a relatively normal life.

I can't really see them creating a title for him. For one thing it would probably cause a wild uproar in the Norwegian people. For another, well, nobility does not exist in Norway, and it hasn't for a very long time. Third: I think both Haakon and Mette-Marit wants his life to be as normal as possible. It isn't his fault that his mother fell in love with Norway's crown prince, and giving him a title would be making him suffer for it.

Makes sense, I just wondered, especially since the titles his siblings will hold may cause a little room for jealousy and much more.

His siblings will only get a HRH Prince/Princess title. Nothing else. Except for Ingrid Alexandra, who will get the titles Crown Princess and then Queen, at some point, hopefully in the distant future.

Right, but still, being the only child in a family full of HRH's might be a little annoying after a while, ya know what I mean?

I agree that in the long run the lack of title will be better for Marius, and his sibling(s) will probably tell him that he's lucky not to hold the HRH title. But as they grow up, it might seem to Marius as though he's "different" and less important then his sibling (s). Not because Hakkon and Mette-Marit would make him feel that way (or any of his family for that matter), but because of the attention that is bound to be paid to the other(s) because of that title and their position in the line of succession.

Marius´s christening

Attachments

• bautismo.jpg
    bautismo.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,554
Urrr..Mette-Marit does not look well in that pic

Reina said:
Urrr..Mette-Marit does not look well in that pic

I think it is more make-up than anything else. That dark red lipstick can make anyone who is pale look paler, in my opinion.

But also since it is amateur photographing some of the pictures always look bad.

It could be just me, but Marius seems to be...I don't know...pushed into the background in most of the photo sessions. Most of the focus is in Ingrid Alexandra with her parents while Marius looks like a footnote. The impression I'm getting is that Ingrid Alexandra is more important to her parents than Marius is. Again, this is just my opinion.

OF course she is. She is the future queen. And only MM is present; Marius father is elsewhere.

I know that Marius' biolgical father is elsewhere. It's been reported that Haakon treats Marius like his own, but in recent photo ops with Ingrid Alexandra, it doesn't seem like that. Even with Mette-Marit, most of her attention, if not all, are with her daughter and not much on her son. I realize that Ingrid Alexandra is important because of her future role, but what about Marius? Does that mean that he's not as important in terms of the family unit because he doesn't have any ranking? His step-father is important because he's the crown prince and future king of Norway. His mother is important because she's the crown princess and future queen consort of Norway. His half-sister is very important because she's a princess and the future queen of Norway. What about him?

Just one comment... Doesn't the parents attention always shift, for a while anyway, from older siblings to the new baby??? The baby need help for everything, you obviously can't leave the baby to herself!! And yes, Marius is in a very special situation, if Norway had had nobility he probably would have had a title, but we don't. But I think the royal family have done a super job so far to make him feel welcome, and not "suffer" in the situation he's put in!! At least that's my opinion.

and i'm sure the family's even more sensitive of marius' situation now that he has a little sister and could feel 'left out' in all the excitement.

Marius became big brother for the second time when his step-mother gave birth to a son on Saturday, VG reports.

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
Marius became big brother for the second time when his step-mother gave birth to a son on Saturday, VG reports.

Is the name of the boy in the meanwhile known?

Mr. Hoilby is so adoreable (and tall looks like) I think he's going to grow up and be a Norwigian male supermodel. You can all ready tell that he's going to have kids all over Oslo

The German tabloids have shifted their attention from Haakon and Mette-Marit to Marius, according to VG. They're now telling lies about how he is closed out from the royal family and it has caused him to get a depression. Their evidence: Marius walked with his class in the parade instead of standing on the steps of Skaugum. They also claim to know how Marius' thoughts about it. And that's just the top of the iceberg.

Haakon and Mette-Marit, who wouldn't sue the German press when it was just them, may be considering suing after having seen several of the front pages of the magazines, according to Astrid Versto, information manager at the Court. They don't like how the focus are on a child who can't protect himself: Marius.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=104863

norwegianne said:
The German tabloids have shifted their attention from Haakon and Mette-Marit to Marius, according to VG. They're now telling lies about how he is closed out from the royal family and it has caused him to get a depression. Their evidence: Marius walked with his class in the parade instead of standing on the steps of Skaugum. They also claim to know how Marius' thoughts about it. And that's just the top of the iceberg.

Haakon and Mette-Marit, who wouldn't sue the German press when it was just them, may be considering suing after having seen several of the front pages of the magazines, according to Astrid Versto, information manager at the Court. They don't like how the focus are on a child who can't protect himself: Marius.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=104863

Good for Haakon and Mette-Marit for standing up for Marius and taking real action against the German tabloids. I find it incredulous how magazines and writers can live with themselves when they not just make up false stories to sell magazines and newspapers, but to make the subject of such lies and falsehoods an innocent child.

Yes, good for Haakon & Mette-Marit. Tabloids are so ridiculous. Marius is not royal, so they should leave him alone. I can't imagine being so young and having the tabloids write things about me.

I don't think MM and Haakon have really shifted attention from Marius to Ingrid (apart from the obvious need that a new baby demands) - it's more likely the photographers attention has switched from Marius to Ingrid. Marius still gets press coverage and I'm sure when he enters his teenage years he'll be happy if he's not the subject of attention at all. This was my first time to read this thread and it's really amazing how he has grown over the years..

eireann said:
I don't think MM and Haakon have really shifted attention from Marius to Ingrid (apart from the obvious need that a new baby demands) - it's more likely the photographers attention has switched from Marius to Ingrid.
Hear, hear! That is just the case! I so agree with you :)

I find it amazing that these ppl have and raise kids if they do. (the tabloid ppl of course)

Alexandria said:
Good for Haakon and Mette-Marit for standing up for Marius and taking real action against the German tabloids. I find it incredulous how magazines and writers can live with themselves when they not just make up false stories to sell magazines and newspapers, but to make the subject of such lies and falsehoods an innocent child.

that's a really good comment reina.
i don't know if it's true or not but it's quite sad they tell stories of a kid for a living.

Alexandria said:

Yes, bravo to them. It´s amazing but the editor of one of the tabloids said that he doesn´t think it will be a problem for Marius because he doesn´t speak German and you can´t buy the taboid in Norway. Also, he acknowledged that there is a bit of fantasy in every one of the stories that the taboids publishes. Something like that. I hope they don´t get sued. They could use such a statement against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom