King Harald and Queen Sonja Current Events, Part 2: February 2015 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you gerry for your wonderful photo!! :flowers:

Yesterday, August 26, Queen Sonja presented the Queen Sonja Print Award 2016.
kongehuset.no - QSPA prisutdeling i Bergen
Google Translation

Her welcome speech
video: https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/videos/vb.311047710246/10157292996975247/?type=2&theater
written: kongehuset.no - Queen Sonja Print Award 2016: Welcome

Also, new book was launched yesterday, marking the 5th anniversary of QSPA. Written by Norwegian Author Lars Saabye Christensen, the book (in Norwegian and English) tells the story of the first five years, describes the collaboration between Queen Sonja and Magne Furuholmen on the exhibition "Texture" and the nominees for the Queen Sonja Print Award 2016.
Photo (Sven Gj. Gjeruldsen, The Royal Court)
You are quite welcome, the photo was indeed wonder-ful as I had never uploaded to this particular site:bang: but with some trial, error and patience, it worked!:flowers: I was interested to read about Queen Sonia as artist; I had forgotten she also shares this talent with her Danish colleague! If you read the National Post article 'why is the king of Norway sleeping at the foot of Sherbourne street' posted above, His Majesty is quoted expressing great admiration for his wife's beauty, intelligence and humour:lol:

:previous: How nice that they still have and use the royal ship. Nice that it made its way across the Atlantic to Canada :flowers:

http://www.thelocal.no/20160902/see-the-norwegian-kings-amazing-speech-on-diversity-and-acceptance
Speaking to some 1,500 guests at a garden party outside the Royal Palace, King Harald delivered a message of tolerance that has struck a nerve amongst Norwegians who have witnessed intense debates about immigration in their country.

[...]

“Norwegians come from the north of the country, from the middle, from the south and all the other regions. Norwegians are also immigrants from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Poland, Sweden, Somalia and Syria,” the king said.

“Norwegians are girls who love girls. Boys who love boys. And boys and girls who love each other,” King Harald said.

“Norwegians believe in God, Allah, everything and nothing,” he added.

And proving that the 79-year-old (or his speech writer) still has his finger on Norway’s cultural pulse, he also name-dropped a diverse group of Norwegian musicians.

“Norwegians like Grieg, Kygo, Hellbilles and Kari Bremnes,” he said to chuckles.

“In other words, Norway is you. Norway is us,” King Harald said.

Video of the speech went absolutely viral. A clip on broadcaster NRK’s Facebook page has been viewed over two million times and garnered thousands of supportive comments.

The Royal House of Norway - Garden party hosted by the King and Queen
The Royal House of Norway - Hagefest i Slottsparken: Avsluttende ord

The clip has 3K likes and 2K dislikes on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtLxYde-rw

Yesterday evening, November 27, King Harald and Queen Sonja attended a gala performance at the National Theatre on the occasion of Norwegian Actor Toralv Maurstad's 90th birthday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** vg.no gallery **

I saw His Majesty on television yesterday, and will see him again in a few minutes with the national anthem and everything.

King Harald received the President of the National Assembly of Poland Marek Kuchcinski for an audience yesterday, February 14:

** Pic **

Last edited:
"Queen Sonja and Minister of Culture Linda Hofstad Helleland undertook the official opening of the Artica Svalbard Foundation in Longyearbyen today. The foundation will promote artistic and cultural activity on Svalbard."

Artica Svalbard - The Royal House of Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom