King Harald and Queen Sonja Current Events, Part 2: February 2015 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Dette har de fått godt til! -Altaposten.no

The Google Translation is very poor, so this is translated by me:
King Harald was visibly impressed by the Ice Hotel.

''This was really nice. They have been good'', the King said when he left the icy attraction and its temporary hotel, where 12 people were booked in for the evening. Knut Saxe Kjeldsberg was guide during the small stop at the hotel. He has also been one of the central ice artists who designed the characters. It has become an impressive sight.

King Harald is in Alta on the occasion of the salmon conference beginning Tuesday morning, but he spent Monday evening with good friends in laksestua in Sorrisniva. After his annual trip to Mikkeli in the Alta River in July, he has made many friendships. Both the managing director Tor-Erland Nilsen and chairman Hasse Kjeldsberg from ALI was in place.

There was naturally a royal quality of the food that was served. Local produce was on the menu: baked salmon, sirloin of elk and mousse cake with cloudberries.

Yesterday, March 10, King Harald granted several audiences to the Ambassador of China, His Excellency Mr Zhao Jun, the new Ambassador of Brunei Darussalam, Her Excellency Ms Rakiah Haji Abdul Lamit​, the new Ambassador of Costa Rica, His Excellency Mr Enrique Castillo Barrantes, the new Ambassador of France, His Excellency Mr Jean-François Dobelle, the new Ambassador of USA, His Excellency Mr Samuel David Heins and the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

photos https://www.picturedesk.com/bild-di...searchID=255d9d5b-e3cc-492a-8bb2-d5f0458de731

Today, Queen Sonja attended the opening of the exhibition "Japanomania in the North", the National Museum, June 16, 2016. The exhibition consists of two parts - one on Kunstindustrimuseet and one in the National Gallery. The two exhibitions present the major influence Japanese art had on Nordic art and design.
The exhibition opens to the public tomorrow, 17 June, accounting for 16 October.
kongehuset.no - Japanomania i Norden
Google Translation

And here is another photo of King Harald and Queen Sonja with John Kerry yesterday: https://twitter.com/usembassyoslo/status/743382162074894336/photo/1

T.M.The King and Queen greet U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry at the Royal Palace in Oslo yesterday.

PPE

PPE Agency

the king will be sailing in Canada
"King to sail Championships in Canada
This week travels H. M. King to Canada to participate in World Championship in sailing in Toronto, which starts in mid-August. Royal Yacht Norway is being used as a base."
kongehuset.no - Kongen til seile-VM i Canada

the king will be sailing in Canada
"King to sail Championships in Canada
This week travels H. M. King to Canada to participate in World Championship in sailing in Toronto, which starts in mid-August. Royal Yacht Norway is being used as a base."
kongehuset.no - Kongen til seile-VM i Canada

Indeed, the NORGE has been spotted carrying HM's 8 metre yacht Sira, to take part in the races being run out of the Royal Canadian Yacht Club on Toronto Islands. I shall act as intrepid reporter and see if I can score a picture; here is already a sighting from the Cornwall news!
Did royalty sail by? | Cornwall Standard Freeholder
She was spotted earlier in Montreal:
http://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/1005155/le-yacht-royal-norvegien-en-visite-a-montreal/

Last edited:
:previous: how exciting. and nice view of the royal yacht:flowers:

After two races on the first day (Monday), Sira is in 7th place and number 2 among the classic boats (built before 1968).

article from the NRF with photos
kongehuset.no - VM for 8-metere i gang i Toronto
Google Translation

I did not see Sira race but I was able to locate and take pictures of NORGE. I have airdropped them to my new Macbook air but have no clue how to insert them here; if there are more computer literate persons than me on this forum, please let me know how to share the photos i took of NORGE, that is moored about 5 minutes from my house! :flowers::bang:

Attachments

• IMG_5031.jpg
    IMG_5031.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 187
:previous: what a sight!
thank you for sharing :flowers:

Thank you gerry for your wonderful photo!! :flowers:

Yesterday, August 26, Queen Sonja presented the Queen Sonja Print Award 2016.
kongehuset.no - QSPA prisutdeling i Bergen
Google Translation

Her welcome speech
video: https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/videos/vb.311047710246/10157292996975247/?type=2&theater
written: kongehuset.no - Queen Sonja Print Award 2016: Welcome

Also, new book was launched yesterday, marking the 5th anniversary of QSPA. Written by Norwegian Author Lars Saabye Christensen, the book (in Norwegian and English) tells the story of the first five years, describes the collaboration between Queen Sonja and Magne Furuholmen on the exhibition "Texture" and the nominees for the Queen Sonja Print Award 2016.
Photo (Sven Gj. Gjeruldsen, The Royal Court)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom