King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel King Harald should start cutting down on these tours in view of his health. I dont remember the last time he seemed fit and healthy.
Moreover, Crown Prince can take over these visits. It will boost up his image and also, generally people are more enthusiastic to younger royals.

Thank you IceFlower for this link. I do love the dramatics of this painting and what an honour to have the King and Queen present for the unveiling. Queen Sonja of course looks absolutely gorgeous in her very tailored fuchsia suit. A very good shade for her. The finishing touch is the way in which King Harald has a matching fuchsia tie. A wonderful couple indeed.

Last edited:
Today King harald attended the presentation of the Medal for Heroism, awarded for heroic rescue during the terrorist attacks 22 July 2011, Oslo Town Hall, November 26, 2012.
The Medal for Heroism was instituted in 1885 and is awarded to persons who at the risk of their own lives saved - or tried to save - others. They are available in gold and silver.
kongehuset.no - Hedret for edel dåd
Google Translation

http://www.hadeland.net/Innenriks/article6363740.ece
Google Translation

http://fylkesmannen.no/hoved.aspx?m=5085&amid=3619027
Google Translation

Later in the evening he attended a memorial concert in Oslo synagogue 70 years after the deportation of the Norwegian Jews to Auschwitz.
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27262/nyhet/vis.html?tid=103526

Last edited:
:previous: I love Norway's impressive landscape. It's such a beautiful country. The casual picture of the Queen, wearing slippers and preparing the maps before starting the tour, is great. :D

:previous: I love Norway's impressive landscape. It's such a beautiful country. The casual picture of the Queen, wearing slippers and preparing the maps before starting the tour, is great. :D

Totally agree with you. Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, if not the most beautiful, IMO

Nice to see pictures of Queen Sonja doing this typical norwegian things: norwegians love their country and their nature and love to be in contact with it, so hiking a mountain is something I'm sure every norwegian does. It's nice to realise that the royal family, not just the queen, are just like every norwegian in this little details. That's one of the reasons why norwegians love their royal family so much, I think.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you. Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, if not the most beautiful, IMO

Nice to see pictures of Queen Sonja doing this typical norwegian things: norwegians love their country and their nature and love to be in contact with it, so hiking a mountain is something I'm sure every norwegian does. It's nice to realise that the royal family, not just the queen, are just like every norwegian in this little details. That's one of the reasons why norwegians love their royal family so much, I think.

I am Norwegian, but live in the UK. And i just have to say that, we have a very beautiful nature, and im so proud of beeing Norwegian and Im also very proud of our Royal family :)

The renovation of the Palace roof is finished: King Harald and Queen Sonja attended the event marking the conclusion of the Roof over Roof renovation project today, December 11, 2012.
kongehuset.no - A new palace roof (with video)

In the morning King Harald attended His Majesty The King's Guard's Curch Parade in Oslo Cathedral, where CP Haakon was present as well.
kongehuset.no - Gardens kirkeparade
Google Translation
some photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151197050918722.447591.256372223721&type=1

Last edited:
These are wonderful photos. The Cathedral looks beautiful

Yesterday, January 11, 2012, King Harald granted representatives of the Sami Parliament of Norway audience.
– Fikk et hjertelig møte med Kongen - NRK Sápmi - NRK
Google Translation
The audience was scheduled for 15 minutes, but lasted longer.
"We had a lot to say and that was also the case that he posed some questions, so we sat there so long that the King wanted us to sit there", said Sami Parliament vice president, Laila Susanne Vars.
"The King was very nice to us and he seemed very interested in hearing more about Sami elderly situation", says the president of the Sami Parliament elders, Inga Karlsen.

It's a nice article! :flowers:

HM the King's visit to Åmli; January 29, 2013

Press statement on the visit

HM the King to Åmli
His Majesty the King visits Åmli municipality on Tuesday 29 January 2013. During the visit the King meet children and young people in their own arenas.
King wants the visit to get a briefing on the project "Early Intervention for a good start" that is initiated by the County of Aust-Agder, Arendal and Åmli and municipalities. Background of the project has been living challenges that have been faced in the municipalities.

King's program will include meetings with children and adolescents Åmli school, as well as visits to local businesses that show potential for development in rural Norway is great.

- This is a great event for Åmli. We are proud that King Harald chooses to come to Åmli when His Majesty wants to focus on children and adolescents, says the County Djupedal. He adds that it's especially nice to welcome His Majesty welcomed the Åmli for the first time.
Source; kongehuset.no

Today, January 17, 2013, King Harald granted the new Ambassador of Zambia, Her Excellency Ms Edith Mutale, and the new Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan, His Excellency Mr Bolot Otunbaev, a formal audience.
kongehuset.no - Høytidelig audiens
Google Translation
All new ambassadors have to present their credentials (introduction letter) to the King before they can start their work in Norway. The presentation of credentials is a very solemn occasion, where the new ambassador is recalled in one of the King's cars and driven to the castle, where they are welcomed by the Garden parade and the King in gala uniform.

Finnish artist Tiina Kivinen was awarded last June with The Queen Sonja Nordic Art Award.
Some time ago Tiina Kivinen and queen Sonja were working some days together in Sweden, the queen got tips from Kivinen.
This meeting was very secret, only swedish police and the queen's security team knew about it.
Only one reporter, Kari Lumikero, from finnish MTV3 was invited to meet the queen and Tiina Kivinen.
The queen and Tiina Kivinen are going to have an exhibition together in the future.
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/ohjelmat/45min/kevat_2013/1582635.jpg

The report was shown yesterday evening in MTV3, it stars at this video at 34.40 (the last mark).
Katsomo - 45 minuuttia

Tiina Kivinen tells that she thought that some of her friends were joking with her, when she got a call from Oslo about the Award last summer. She thought that they had arranged her to some funny program on the radio.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom