King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Her Majesty!
Queen Sonja, who turns 74 today, celebrated her birthday already on saturday. The party was held at the royal couple's private summer resort Mågerø with closest friends and family. Obviously the CP Couple wasn't there due to their presence at the Monaco wedding. They will probably celebrate together today.
Dronning Sonja feiret bursdagen på forskudd - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

Thank you for replying.

Boy,that man looked so happy to meet her!

Getty has photos from the gala event, and I noticed Queen Sonja is wearing what appears to be an emerald bead necklace and earrings. Are they new? I haven't seen them before.

Queen Sonja inaugurated an Edvard Munch exhibition at the Centre Pompidou modern art museum
in Paris, on September 18, 2011. The show dedicated to Norvegian painter Edvard Munch (1863-
1944) will run from September 21 to January 9, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

On September 17, Queen Sonja has already been in France and attended a reception organized by the Norwegian
Club in Paris in cooperation with the French-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, yesterday she also attended a dinner.

Here are some links with pics from both days, September 17 and 18, the Figaro article also includes an interview
with Queen Sonja about the Munch exhibition.

** kongehuset.no: Munch i Paris ** translation **

** svenskdam.se: Drottning Sonja på fransk visit ** translation **

** lefigaro.fr: Munch, la Norvège et la reine Sonja ** translation **

Today, September 19, King Harald attended an event in rememberance of 15-year-old
Benjamin Hermansen who was killedd in Holmlia in Oslo 26 January 2001.

** kongehuset.no: Ikke glem! ** translation **

Last edited:
:previous:

I did ;) It's quoted from the same article I've posted, see post 215 above!

Oh good.At least you don't need to hit the translate button!

King Harald certainly looks very jolly here. Many say that he does have quite a sense of humor.

King Harald has opened the Fridtjof Nansen Exhibition at the Fram Museum at Bygdöy, outside Oslo,
October 10, 2011. It celebrates the 150th anniversary since Fridtjof Nansen was born. Nansen was
a scientist, humanitarian, explorer and diplomat and received the Nobel Peace Prize for his
humanitarian work in 1922.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

** kongehuset.no: Nytt på Frammuseet ** translation **

Queen Sonja has her debut as an artist. There will be an exhibition in Helsingborg, Sweden, one of the largest exhibitions of graphic art ever in Scandinavia where she'll set out eight of her own prints. Queen Sonja's pictures are prints based on photographs she took during a trip to Svalbard in 2006.
The fact that the Queen has now chosen to exhibit her own art has also something to do with her desire to improve conditions for artists. The surplus goes into the fund of the Queen Sonja scholarship.
Her er dronning Sonjas egne kunstverk - kultur - Dagbladet.no
Google Translation

Dronning sonja - Her er dronning Sonjas egne bilder - Seher.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom