Haakon & Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hippiesheep said:
It's not the party thing I meant and I'm well aware that your priorities change while you grow older - after all I'm not in my 20s anymore and have a bunch of kids myself ;)

And I know that there are certain necessities but I can't help myself, I liked her non-Prada style better
a050.gif

After thinking of some Mette-Marit's recent clothes I understand exactly what you mean. Take that pink skirt and jacket - it's exactly what you'd expect a CP to wear, except that it's a lot more boring and pedestrian than e.g. Mary's clothing. It's very predictable - as compared to the clothes she used to wear, which were always quite original for a CP.

Source: www.hola.es

Mette Marit and Haakon on holiday with their friends, Kyril and Rosario of Bulgaria and some Spanish royals too (they are using the Spanish royal family yacht, Fortuna)
ea5q3o.jpg

ea5qaq.jpg

ea5qi9.jpg

ea5qfn.jpg

Last edited:
I really like mm dress sense , I think she has got better with age ,
love her casual out fit in the picture above.

Last edited:
Some old Pictures.

This was one of their first engagements after they returned from their hooneymoon. The payed a visit to Stavanger to open Synergie21

Pictures by Tom Hansen via www.cover.es

And the first time Mette-Marit wore a tiara after her wedding. It was the yearly dinner for Stortinget, Queen Sonja was sick so she acted as hosstess along with the King. I think she looked very elegant. 15.11.2001

www.viennareport.de and www.anb.no

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Some old Pictures.

This was one of their first engagements after they returned from their hooneymoon. The payed a visit to Stavanger to open Synergie21
Pictures by Tom Hansen via www.cover.es

Thanks. I liked Mette-Marit better then. She was different, maybe a bit more shy, less "brushed-off", less jet set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more older pictures

At a visit to Mette-Marits hometown Kristiansand in 16-16.03.2002, www.cover.es and www.vg.no

When Haakon and Mette-Marit was still engaged they attended her nieces confirmation, Mette-Marit got in trouble with the self proclaimed bunad-police for wearing a fake national costume

At a exhibition about Norwegian furnitures in London the day Maud Angelica was born

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
Thanks. I liked Mette-Marit better then. She was different, maybe a bit more shy, less "brushed-off", less jet set.

I agree hannelore. that is (was), in my opinion, the simple and down to earth mette marit some proclaim.

thanks for the photos, larzen. the brown dress is definetely beautiful. she looked wonderful when she wore it with a pink lace (i think) for an official photo and in dutch princely wedding, the gala dinner.

carlota said:
I agree hannelore. that is (was), in my opinion, the simple and down to earth mette marit some proclaim.

Do you think she's changed that much? I don't think she' s become "glitzy" and doesn't have a very jet-set lifestyle either.
I agree, she looked more elegant then, but now she's a mom of a schoolchild, a baby, and has a difficult pregnancy to get through with.

Smilla said:
carlota said:

Do you think she's changed that much? I don't think she' s become "glitzy" and doesn't have a very jet-set lifestyle either.
I agree, she looked more elegant then, but now she's a mom of a schoolchild, a baby, and has a difficult pregnancy to get through with.

I don't think that Mette-Marit has a jetset lifestyle either. Like most members of reigning RF's she has to travel quite a bit for work purposes. She has taken trips abroad with her husband, but I would bet that if you ask her those are her more enjoyable trips. We have to remember that for most jetsetters every trip is one of leisure, that is not so for the royals. They may enjoy some, but these trips are about diplomacy and frankly work. Work isn't always that much fun. I am sure that when they are no longer in front of the cameras and return to their hotels, some find themselves exhausted.

I don't really think she is like most moms. She probably has lots of help--help we would have to pay for. She does not need to wake up in the middle of the night, I'm sure. She does not seem very elegant to me--putting on very expensive dresses does not always make you very elegant. I think she is trying hard to "look" royal and has improved her manners and lifestyle. I don't think that she was the right person to marry--who am I to judge though? Just my opinion. No harm intended and no disrespect to anyone.

Roxsteve said:
I don't really think she is like most moms. She probably has lots of help--help we would have to pay for. She does not need to wake up in the middle of the night, I'm sure. She does not seem very elegant to me--putting on very expensive dresses does not always make you very elegant. I think she is trying hard to "look" royal and has improved her manners and lifestyle. I don't think that she was the right person to marry--who am I to judge though? Just my opinion. No harm intended and no disrespect to anyone.
Just pointing out that the people working for Mette-Marit and Haakon get paid, in the same manner as everybody else - ergo, any help Mette-Marit gets from nannies, etc. is not free. Except, quite possibly that from her mother and other relatives, but that is similar to "regular" life.

norwegianne said:
Just pointing out that the people working for Mette-Marit and Haakon get paid, in the same manner as everybody else - ergo, any help Mette-Marit gets from nannies, etc. is not free. Except, quite possibly that from her mother and other relatives, but that is similar to "regular" life.

We, however, don't get money from the citizens of our country. She gets an allowance, a substantial one, for her expenses, which include paying a nanny. You and I have to actually work to pay the nanny. That is the only point I wanted to make. It is not fair to compare her with mothers all over the world who work hard for a living and really have a tough time raising their children. That's all.

Roxsteve said:
We, however, don't get money from the citizens of our country. She gets an allowance, a substantial one, for her expenses, which include paying a nanny. You and I have to actually work to pay the nanny. That is the only point I wanted to make. It is not fair to compare her with mothers all over the world who work hard for a living and really have a tough time raising their children. That's all.
But, all royal moms are like that, so why should only Mette-Marit be criticized?

kwanfan said:
But, all royal moms are like that, so why should only Mette-Marit be criticized?

First, it was not my intention to critize MM, I just wanted to make a point. Yes, I agree with you, it is the same for every other royal mom, not only MM. :eek:

well I think she looks fab then and now!
and I think the only reason she may seem more
"jet sety" is that she is finding her feet at last and is starting to feel
comfortable in her role as a royal.

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:

As a representative of her country (whether or not she is suitable for the role is insubstantial here), I do think she is entitled to an allowance paid for by tax money, the same as any president of a country would get. Sure, the people didn't elect her, but that's the basic feature of royalty. It isn't fair either, that she gets paid well and other moms have to fight hard to raise their children, but it's not the royals' fault. Let's call it the basic unfairness of life?! :)

Roxsteve said:

It seems to me she raised her first child fine without a nanny, she worked then, she is not ignorant to single mothers and what they face in raising thier children alone.

I wonder what makes people think that Mette-Marit is ok with just handing her child off to a nanny every time she has to up and do her duty at some function for Norway. It's really not in a child's best interests to place them on a plane every time MM or Hakon have to up and work, because whether or not people like to think so it is thier work, and IMO a very tough job indeed! To be scrutinized from head to toe, always in the lime light when your uncomfortable with it, having your work and jobs more or less laid out for you and must fufill your duties, raising the heir to the throne which I think is not a blessing but a curse, the weight of the world on your shoulders just worrying about if your daughter the future Queen will be able to take her place when the time comes and run the show without incident. Also being away from your children for weeks at a time for state visits and such, sometimes they can take thier children but once thier in school who knows. They may be privilidged in some sense but these royals also have a whole different set of problems than the average working family. This is just my opinion, I mean no offense by it.

I think it all sounds glamours but Im glad Im not
a princess !! rather her than me everyone is either having
a go at you for dressing this way or looking unhappy or having a nanny and being a so call bad mother! , or what every else they can talk about

Last edited:
fromEU said:
How nice of him to sell the pictures and get his own face covered. What a coward!!

I total agree with you, will it ever stop , cant people just let her get on with her new life! instead of cashing in on her

Was't this an old pic, that was already in circulation at the time of the engagement? I remember seeing quite a few then. It must be hard for the couple (I mean MM and Haakon) to be in public all the time and knowing everybody's seen those photos.

Yes it is an old picture of her and her ex boyfriend (not Marius father), it was out even before the engagement I belive. I personally dont find this particular picture anything big, everyone has pictures on where you look silly (of course mine are not in the press;) ) The reason the picture is put up again now is that he has been interviewed in the unauthorised book and the "blur" was removed so you could see his face. He is the man that was charged with drug sale and who supposedly introduced her to the Oslo Party scene, I suppose that is why he did not want to reveal his identity although the intired Norwegian Press knew who he was but never published his name before now.

Haakon and Mette-Marit knew about those pictures and people before they married and there should not be a suprise that they are in the press, it is a consquense of the choice they made to marry. It would be naive to think that the press would hold out forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom