Haakon & Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems like Princess Ingrid Alexandra is already home. Her first visitors were King Harald, Queen Sonja, Princess Märtha Louise and her husband Ari Behn, as well as Mette-Marits brother Espen Höiby and her sister Kirsten Höiby visited the little princess Ingrid Alexandra at Skaugum.

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK: Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit arrive to the Royal Palace of Amalienborg in Copenhagen 12 May 2004 to take part in a dinner party for young royals and friends of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson. The wedding of the two take place Friday May 14 in Copenhagen's Cathedral.

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon (L) is assisted by his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit to button his jacket arriving for a party hosted Australian Mary Elizabeth Donaldson and fiancee Danish Crown Prince Frederik at the "Lille Vega" club in Copenhagen 12 May 2004

Originally posted by norwegianne@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am
Great pictures. Mette-Marit looks very happy.
I agree. She looks very happy and beautiful. This is just a "wild guess" but I'm wondering if she is pregnant again. There's just "something" about the cut of her dress which may indicate, in MHO ONLY, that she may be pregnant. If she is, that may be another reason "why" she looked so "glum" in Spain ~ morning sickness??

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane+May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am
I agree. She looks very happy and beautiful. This is just a "wild guess" but I'm wondering if she is pregnant again. There's just "something" about the cut of her dress which may indicate, in MHO ONLY, that she may be pregnant. If she is, that may be another reason "why" she looked so "glum" in Spain ~ morning sickness??

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let's stress though, that this is pure speculation :)

Wow! Thank you for posting all these pictures. That looks like one happy couple. I think this marriage will last. I just saw a picture in Se og Hor where Haakon is greeting Mette-Marit's ex and his new fiancee. He seems like a modern man. I remember being horrified by Mette-Marit's past, which was really wild, even by tolerant Norwegian standards. Yet I have to give HRH Haakon props for sticking up for her and being strong and not wishy-washy. That tells me he'll be a good king. I think Charles in is wishy washy and won't be a good king. I also think it's great the Japanese prince is sticking up for his wife. In pictures, they look like they love each other, too. My two cents, for what it's worth. B)

Originally posted by Chatleen+May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Elizajane@May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne
@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am

Elizajane
I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let's stress though, that this is pure speculation :) [/b][/quote]
Of course, Chatleen, it's purely speculation, however, I just reviewed one of the threads of photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon ~ and, in one of them, she was wearing the same dress at an outdoor concert celebrating Haakon's birthday last year. I'm pretty sure it was his birthday celebration.

When I saw the dress she wore at the beginning of the Amman wedding ~ the seafoam - colored one ~ I instantly recognized it, however, I had not noticed that the dress was made with lace. (I sort have memorized her maternity wardrobe). Sure enough, in one of these threads entitled "Mette-Marit and Haakon", she was sitting in a chair, up in the crowd, next to Haakon, at this concert. In accompanying photos of this event, (with her in that dress), they lean toward each other, kissing, and in another, it looks as though she is walking on the row (full of bleacher seats?) toward the isle. That was one fact which made me a'guessing.
:unsure:

However, in the electric blue evening gown she wore in Spain, the night before the wedding, I complimented on a message board, how jealous I was of her, losing her "baby weight" so fast to look as marvelous as she did in Spain AND in Denmark in the dress she wore at the wedding ceremony. ;)

I'm not one who criticized her beige outfit at the Spanish wedding ceremony. It was typical Norweigen ~ simple but tasteful and elegant. Mette-Marit is not one to call attention to herself when it's time for "others to shine", i.e. the Danish and Spanish brides. However, she was subdued to the point where I (only) thought she may not be feeling well.

In Amman, she looked bright, happy, and pleased to smile for the photographers ... and, I thought she looked brillant ~ as a guest, a crown princess, a wife, and a mother. She deserves all my best wishes along with the for the entire Royal Family of Norway.

Thoughtfully,

Elizajane :heart:

Originally posted by Elizajane+May 29th, 2004 - 9:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ May 29th, 2004 - 9:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chatleen@May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am
Originally posted by Elizajane@May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne
@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am

Elizajane

I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let's stress though, that this is pure speculation :)
Of course, Chatleen, it's purely speculation, however, I just reviewed one of the threads of photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon ~ and, in one of them, she was wearing the same dress at an outdoor concert celebrating Haakon's birthday last year. I'm pretty sure it was his birthday celebration.

When I saw the dress she wore at the beginning of the Amman wedding ~ the seafoam - colored one ~ I instantly recognized it, however, I had not noticed that the dress was made with lace. (I sort have memorized her maternity wardrobe). Sure enough, in one of these threads entitled "Mette-Marit and Haakon", she was sitting in a chair, up in the crowd, next to Haakon, at this concert. In accompanying photos of this event, (with her in that dress), they lean toward each other, kissing, and in another, it looks as though she is walking on the row (full of bleacher seats?) toward the isle. That was one fact which made me a'guessing.
:unsure:

However, in the electric blue evening gown she wore in Spain, the night before the wedding, I complimented on a message board, how jealous I was of her, losing her "baby weight" so fast to look as marvelous as she did in Spain AND in Denmark in the dress she wore at the wedding ceremony. ;)

I'm not one who criticized her beige outfit at the Spanish wedding ceremony. It was typical Norweigen ~ simple but tasteful and elegant. Mette-Marit is not one to call attention to herself when it's time for "others to shine", i.e. the Danish and Spanish brides. However, she was subdued to the point where I (only) thought she may not be feeling well.

In Amman, she looked bright, happy, and pleased to smile for the photographers ... and, I thought she looked brillant ~ as a guest, a crown princess, a wife, and a mother. She deserves all my best wishes along with the for the entire Royal Family of Norway.

Thoughtfully,

Elizajane :heart: [/b][/quote]
Enjoyed your thoughts, much more elaborated than mine :flower:

If there's any thruth in the speculations, then it soon will be confirmed. Let's hold our breahts and wait and see :)

If MM is preggers again - and I confirm I shared the same suspicions with her blue dress at Amman - isn't that not too modern these days? I thought it was good form to wait a year for the poor lady to recover somewhat ... not unless Haakon likes her glow!

It's true when they say a picture tells a thousand words!!!! A couple who look very much in love :) :lol:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
If MM is preggers again - and I confirm I shared the same suspicions with her blue dress at Amman - isn't that not too modern these days? I thought it was good form to wait a year for the poor lady to recover somewhat ... not unless Haakon likes her glow!
Well doctors usually say it's a good idea to wait a year for your body to recover but sometimes things happen. B)

Originally posted by Josefine@Aug 7th, 2004 - 7:56 am

Thanks, Josephine, for posting these photos again. I was delighted to go "down memory lane" once again in viewing them. I'm always on the "lookout" for photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon together because I believe this couple is "inspirational" as far as "loving mates" are concerned ... and, there's been very little news about them since their return from Iceland with the exception of the wedding they attended a few weeks ago.

Again, thanks!

Elizajane :)

June 8, 2004 - Mette-Marit visting a drug rehab centre.

June 12, 2004 - Mette-Marit.

June 25, 2004 - Mette-Marit in front of Akershus Castle.

All pictures from www.cover.es

Attachments

• K10527701.jpg
    K10527701.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 554
  • K10528801.jpg
    K10528801.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 744
  • K10548203.jpg
    K10548203.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 460
  • K10548206.jpg
    K10548206.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 552
Thanks Mandy..:) I must say that 3nd picture is the most unusual clothing i've ever seen her wear..It just doesn't seem like something she would wear.;)

I like her shoes on the last two photos. :) However, I think she looked horrible in the second one. Her heels are quite high, and I hated what she wore...:eek:

I read Mette-Marit will be staring in a Norwegian Documentary that will be aired on Norwegian television in which she interviews the underpriviledged and poor in her country. Anyone know more about this exciting project?

August 24, 2004 - Private ceremony for their 3rd wedding anniversary.
Brainpix Picture

Attachments

• e9bdc.jpg
    e9bdc.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 688

Attachments

• FMP-30580162.jpg
    FMP-30580162.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 427
  • FMP-30600162.jpg
    FMP-30600162.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 419