Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a silly question...what's she eating? Is it strawberries? :rolleyes:

And I know this is way off topic but can someone tell what they're saying about the Foo Figters and KISS? ;)

Thank you for posting this Norwegianne. I wonder if Mette-Marit and Haakon decided to participate on this video spontaneously. Nice to see them supporting such activities.

Great video! I am glad to see them supporting such an important project.

That is a really neat video. I'm glad that they took time out of their vacation to support this great cause.

Thanks norwegianne for the video :flowers:

The CP couple are always ready to help a good cause. Nice to see them in this video. :D

Nice video from Svalbard. I'm sure MM and Haakon participated in this video spontaneously. I like what MM had written on her hand: "my kids" so simple and straight from heart. :) I was unable to see what was written on Haakon's palm. Does anyone know?

The question was "what would ending climate change protect for you?"

I love when Mette-Marit smiled as she opened her hand. As if saying... of course.. .. "my kids" :wub: (such a great mother)

I was unable to see what was written on Haakon's palm. Does anyone know?

Haakon's answer i think was... "dignity". I was kind of hoping he'll say Norway or my country or something along that line. Since he's next in line to the throne. But well, that's just me....

Are either of the children going to school, and if so, will they be attending public schools like the Dutch and Danish children?

The question was "what would ending climate change protect for you?"

I love when Mette-Marit smiled as she opened her hand. As if saying... of course.. .. "my kids" :wub: (such a great mother)

Haakon's answer i think was... "dignity". I was kind of hoping he'll say Norway or my country or something along that line. Since he's next in line to the throne. But well, that's just me....

galatea_12, you are so right. Her smile is realy so nice. I love her answer and Haakon's as well. I can imagine that maybe it means that one day Kind Haakon and Queen Mette-Marit will great partents and dignified monarchs. I like this idea very much :angel:

Are either of the children going to school, and if so, will they be attending public schools like the Dutch and Danish children?
Krebs Skole (which Nikolai and Felix attend), is a private Danish school. :flowers: Christian is attending public daycare.

Neither Ingrid Alexandra or Sverre Magnus are attending school at the moment. Ingrid Alexandra is in daycare/nursery school, but this is not an official part of the Norwegian school system.

In Norway you start school at the age of 6. :flowers:

As all of the members of the Norwegian royal family have attended public schools - with the exception of when they were educated at home before WWII - it would be very strange if Ingrid Alexandra and her brother were not to attend public schools. :flowers:

I found this article about King Bhumibol of Thailand keeping an official portrait of Haakon and Mette-Marit in his reception room.

Pic here

Article here

I found this article about King Bhumibol of Thailand keeping an official portrait of Haakon and Mette-Marit in his reception room.

Pic here

Article here
Do you have any idea why he has this official portrait of MM and Haakon in his reception room? I remember reading something about it before... but actually I cannot remember ;) .

Interesting....I wonder if they have one of him in their home.

Can some of you tell us a litle more about Telemark?
It´s a city a Municipality?
Thank you

Here is a link to an official Telemark site. If the link does not take you directly to the English version just find where it says English in the upper right corner.

Telemark fylkeskommune

Can some of you tell us a litle more about Telemark?
It´s a city a Municipality?
Thank you

Telemark is one of Norway's 19 counties. It is located in southern Norway. They will be visiting 6 of the municipalities there.

Thanks for the info vestfoldlija and norwegianne.
I just asked because Telemark sounds like a big company name instead a county name:cool:

Last edited:
crown couple next coming to the Uk

Does any one know when the next time Haakon and Mette merit will come to the uk ???

usually they light the Christmas tree every december, so maybe they'll do that this year. :flowers:

usually they light the Christmas tree every december, so maybe they'll do that this year. :flowers:

thats what I thought, but I dont think she did it last year , think it was the norway priminister ? fingers crossed it will be the royal couple this year !

It is random which year they do it. It is not every year, even if it would have been a lovely tradition if they had done it.

It is random which year they do it. It is not every year, even if it would have been a lovely tradition if they had done it.

that would be great if that was the tradition, fingers crossed they will do it this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom