Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M-M is on holiday in her native town Kristiansand, and didn`t want to talk to the local paper. Side 2

what a nice picture of mette marit, ingrid and marius. ingrid and marius seem to have grown up so much! how come mm didn't want to talk to the local paper?

it's also nice to see her at the ship anniversary!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I love this kind of natural pix
Thank you for posting

M-M is on holiday in her native town Kristiansand, and didn`t want to talk to the local paper. Side 2

Well, i guess if your on holiday you expect not to have the press in your face. Dont they get enought when royals are on duty? guess not..
Thanks for the picture, nice to see the children out & about sometimes on non-official outings

I guess the mayor misunderstood or they changed their minds, her attendance was long planned.
From Kongehuset pic and info in norwegian
kongehuset.no - Kronprinsessen feiret "Sørlandet"

Haakon today
The Crown Prince attends the European Graduate Programme Competition 2007, Oslo (10.00).
In the two last pictures he is talking to the Norwegian partisipants who has created a carry-freezer that runs on solar power
http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46950_sx25942b_122_946lo.jpg
http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46956_sx259434_122_426lo.jpg
http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46958_sx259485_122_1199lo.jpg

The Crown Prince grants representatives of the bow corps Nygaards Bataljon audience on the occation of the Bataljon's 150 years anniversary (12:00).
-no pics-

Seems the King is out of the country because Haakon will preside the last state council before the vacation tomorrow

The family was in Kristiansand this weekend, they visited Marit Tjessem and Mette-Marits sister Kristin, They also attended the wedding of one of Mette-Marits childhood friend Hege Aasgaard to Espen Hilde. Mette-Marit wore her national costume from Vest Agder (the one from national day 2005)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6841/scan0058rm5.jpg

Can somebody explain why this red circle ? Is there anything special with this toy ?

Wasn't the toy Haakon was carrying Ingrid Alexandra's famous White Bear? It looked like it.

Maybe the toy with the circle around it was one that Magnus is especially fond of. I'm not sure though.

I'm not surprised she didn't want to talk to the local paper. She's on vacation, and she already spends a good percent of her time in the spotlight for official events, plus when she's photographed like this.

But it's nice to see them in a "regular" family environment. I know they try to make things fun and normal for their kids.

BTW, I couldn't believe it was Marius in the picture. I thought it was a teenager! But he's ten now, going on eleven. He's very tall for his age, it looks like.

Wasn't the toy Haakon was carrying Ingrid Alexandra's famous White Bear? It looked like it.

Maybe the toy with the circle around it was one that Magnus is especially fond of. I'm not sure though.
Yes it says that Haakon and MEtte-MArit knows how important it is to bring the favourite toys of the children. Actually Sverre Magnus toy looks like a monkey, so maybe they have visited the Zoo In Kristiansand and he got a Julius toy, a very famous monkey living in the Zoo in Mette-Marits hometown.

another article states that for this years Open-Palace exhibition which feature objects belonging to the King and Queen, there is a section about the grandchildren and the toys the play with when they visit the King and Queen, and apparantly they had wanted to include Ingrids white bear but she had said NO and they had to make do with a picture of it;)
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=34716_sx2441ae_122_426lo.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9994/sx2441abqs3.jpg

Haakons speech yesterday, in english
He still considers himself quite young:D
kongehuset.no - 4th JA-YE Graduate Competition - opening speech

I would love to see this exhibition, is there a site with pix of it ?

31 of July you can see in ZDF.de website or in tv, the programm about them.

Are they already on vacation ?

If not, when can we hope to see them ?
Thanks in advance:flowers::flowers:

I think these articles are about CP Haakon's birthday

Fredag fyller kronprins Haakon 34 år, og bursdagen blir feiret med familien mens kronprinsparet er på ferie.

Kronprins Haakon feirer bursdagen på ferietur

Hurra for Haakon! I dag feirer vår folkelige kronprins Haakon Magnus 34 år.

Side2

--->>> Could anyone translate the articles please???? :ermm:

Last edited:
The articles just say he is 34 today and that the palace spokesperson says they will celebrate in private and that they are on vacation. Some papaers say they are at Maagerø. Others say they are abroad.

Last year they posed for pictures but it does not seem like they will today.
King Harald is deffenetly in Mallorca.
If not, when can we hope to see them ?
Thanks in advance:flowers::flowers:
yes they are on vacation. The first state council after the vacation is August 10th and the schools start around the 15-20th of augsut so I guess we can expect to see them around then

On their wedding day the 25th of August they will be in Tromsø to attend the seminar called "Can the Ocean solve the AIDS riddle?" and a cultural event in the center of Tromsø, both related to their humanitarian foundation, and the next day they will start a 3 day county trip of the nother part of the county of Troms

The articles just say he is 34 today and that the palace spokesperson says they will celebrate in private and that they are on vacation. Some papaers say they are at Maagerø. Others say they are abroad.

Last year they posed for pictures but it does not seem like they will today.

Thanks. Too bad we didn't see any new pictures of the family. I was really looking forward to it... :neutral:

I think these articles are about CP Haakon's birthday

Fredag fyller kronprins Haakon 34 år, og bursdagen blir feiret med familien mens kronprinsparet er på ferie.

Kronprins Haakon feirer bursdagen på ferietur

Hurra for Haakon! I dag feirer vår folkelige kronprins Haakon Magnus 34 år.

Side2

--->>> Could anyone translate the articles please???? :ermm:

Palace mum on Haakon's birthday holiday - Aftenposten.no
Here there's english version of this article- aftenposten has english version (fortunately for non- norwegian people

I think they have a lot of pictures from the birthday of queen Sonja !!!

Haakon and Mette-Marit attend in private the funeral of Mette-Marits uncle Ivar Junker (64) he was a retired SAS Pilot and supposedely the idol of her brother Espen who is also an SAS pilot and was among the men carrying the coffin. Ivar Junker was married to the sister of Marit Tjessem, Sissel, and the last years they lived in Paris where he was stationed from his job. He died after along times illness from a brain hemorage and lung cancer. Mette-Marit would often stay with them when she visited Paris and supposedly their were her "favourite aunt and uncle", and she and Haakon often stays at their large summerhouse in Kristiansand

Not sure which date this should be but supposedly this last week

H and MM
http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07625_scan0084_122_111lo.JPG
Haakon with the widdow
http://img180.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=07626_sissel_122_580lo.JPG
In the rain
http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07627_umbrella_122_710lo.JPG
Espen Høiby carrying the coffin
http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07627_umbrella_122_710lo.JPG

and then an "official" funeral
The Crown Prince Regent attends the funeral service of Major General Bjørn Egge.
http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07874_sx2be3ce_122_869lo.jpg
Egge was burried on the expense of the state

from wikipedia
Bjørn Egge CBE (born 19 August 1918 in Kristiansand, died 25 July 2007) was a retired Major General of the Norwegian Defence Force.

Egge was a soldier during the German attack on Norway in 1940. He participated in the break out by Norwegian merchant vessels from Gothenburg in March 1942, the vessel he was on board was sunk and he was captured by the Germans.

He spent three years in German concentration camps and returned to Norway in May 1945. After the war Egge entered officers training and served in the Norwegian army in various positions.

Egge served with the Norwegian contingent in Democratic Republic of Congo in 1960 as an intelligence officer, and he was the first to get to the site where the United Nations Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld had died.

Egge was a Commander of the Royal Norwegian Order of St Olav, Commander of the British Empire, Knight of the Order of the Sword, Knight of the Order of the Falcon as well as a recipient of the Atlantic Star.

On Sunday Mette-Marit and MArius attended a concert at "worlds end" with Bjørn Eidsvåg and Marit Larsen, it took place outside by the sea. "worlds end" is nto far from Maagerø so apparantly the family is spending the last days of the vacation there.

a not so very good picture of Mette-Marit
http://tbimg.no.publicus.com/apps/p...Ref=V2&Profile=1089&MaxW=768&title=1&NoBorder

Mette Marit og Marius så Marit spille - tb.no#

Its curious hwo little pictures there has been of the family this summer but then the press has been mostly concerend with Märtha and her angels:angel:

Haakon and Mette-Marit has spent their summer vacation in Norway, they have rented a summerhouse in Kragerø for 3 weeks, the owner confirms they have been renting his house. The house is 80 Square meters and contains one living room, two bed rooms, bathroom, storage rooms and a sleping loft. The cabine has an own pier with two boats they have been able to use. Estate agenst predicts they would have to pay around 2000 Euros a week to rent such a place in july.
Two things I wonder how did they get so tanned as they were in the funeral when the weather has been lousy here, and how come noone has noticed them if they have been staying at the same place in a popular spot for 3!! weeks
An idyllic spot though, picture and article

Nettavisen - Her ferierte kronprinsparet

Yes, Larzen,you are right! Their tan is morr as if they had been in the South! However, I very much like to here that they so much like their own country!

As far as I remember MM once said to a journalist that what she would most like to do is just always being in Norway!

I hope she didn't really say that. :)
Because 1. travelling is part of her job
and 2. it makes her look a little bit hypocritical.
Why did she holiday in Greece and Mallorca then?

I hope she didn't really say that. :)
Because 1. travelling is part of her job
and 2. it makes her look a little bit hypocritical.
Why did she holiday in Greece and Mallorca then?
She did not, this is what she said, my translation

(about Ny Hellesund)
Is it not incredible beautiful enthuses the Crown Princess
-This is where I grew up, I know every rock, stone and small Island here. No place is more beautiful than the south in the summer

Agenda for the annual County visit, Nothern-Troms
Sunday 26.8
Service in Skorpa Church - Kvænangen
The royal Yacht sails to Skjervøy where the couple will preside the opening of the Environmental Street followed by a visit to the Community Health Center.
There will be an evening arrangement in Torsvåg in Karlsøy and the couple will visit the local fishery-industry. The day will conclude with a cultural event at the harbour.

Monday 27.8
Visit to the local kindergarden in Olderdalen in Kåfjord
they will have lunch at the Riddu-sletta in Mandalen
The Royal Yacht sails to Lyngseid where there will be a cultural arrangement and a visit to local farmers and be information on the possibilities for sustainable farming in the municipality
The visit in Lyngen ends with a visit to Haplast Technology AS
(Picture of CP Harald visiting Haplast Haplast Technology AS

Tuesday 28.8
When the Royal Yacht arrives in Skibotn in Storfjord the couple will be transported with horse and carriage to Nils-Aslak Valkeapääs house Lásságámmi where the couple will preside the opening ceremony to mark that the house has been chosen as a home for sami artists, by the state (kunstnerbolig).
the couple will then visit the Laestadian chappel before they attend /yet another) cultural arrnagement at the twon square
the visit ends with a lunch at the The Norwegian Heart and Lung Patient Organisations office in Skibotn.
kongehuset.no - Fylkestur til Nord-Troms

Last edited:
I think it is very sweet that she thinks so highly of her home country. I don't believe it has anything to do with not liking to travel or understanding that she has to travel because she's a princess. And I don't think it has anything to do with where they choose to vacation. It just simply means she loves NORWAY, as she should, it's the country she represents. But loving Norway doesn't mean they can't go for a few days to Mallorca or Greece. It just means her overall preference is always Norway. That is what all should expect!

I smoke too...I know it is difficult to stop and not start again...
Does anyone know when the children start school again ? I really hope for pix of Ingrid Alexandra

Does anyone know when the children start school again ? I really hope for pix of Ingrid Alexandra
Marius start to go back at school on monday, as it is then norwegian schools starts. Ingrid begins in 2010, I belive, when she is 6 years old:)
____

Last saturday Mette-Marit and Haakon where guest in the wedding of one of Mette-Marit's bestfriends from her school days Espen Walle. He got married to Tine Nyberg in Kristiansand. It was in this wedding Mette-Marit was pictured smoking. Ingrid, Marius and Magnus was home with their grandmother Marit Tjessem. Espen was a guest in the crown prince wedding in 2001. Info from Se og Hør, so it might be wrong:rolleyes:

But otherwise the dress look to me like the dress she was wearing in her brothers wedding last summer.

The bride and groom -
The wedding party -
Mette-Marit and Haakon -
Mette-Marit - 1
Mette-Marit - 2
Mette-Marit - 3
Mette-Marit - 4
Mette-Marit's Shoes -

pictures scanned from Se og Hør, nr 64

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.