The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 04-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
There is a ban on going out in your own yard?
I don't think they own a skiing area with lift and all...

So, while I now understand there not to be a ban on skiing itself (otherwise, I'd assume the lifts wouldn't be open either) but on going to a holiday home/cabin for skiing (I guess to reduce traffic between different places), I still don't think it is wise as it encourages others to flock outdoors over the Easter week(end). Not sure that is the message the Norwegian government wants to promote given that they will only lift restrictions in 2 weeks time...
__________________

  #462  
Old 04-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
There is a ban on going out in your own yard?
Judging by the ski lifts behind them I'm guessing they are not in their back yard, I might be wrong though.

But moving forward I hope we see the CP couple with more events in the next months. MM looks fantastic.
__________________

  #463  
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,998
I agree that, given the nationwide ban, it does seem a bit insensitive of MM to post the photo (I doubt it's an old one). It gives off the impression that royals are let off the hook during lockdown when sadly COVID-19 has proven it doesn't care if you have blue blood or not.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #464  
Old 04-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,307
What matters is that MM seems to be in good health.
Haakon and Mette-Marit are not fools and i'm sure they know what they're doing.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
  #465  
Old 04-07-2020, 06:04 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,998
Still; as children of the king Haakon and MM have an example to set to the rest of the country. As polyesco said, if people see their CP family skiing it might encourage them to ski which would make keeping people in tow harder during lockdown.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #466  
Old 04-08-2020, 04:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Still; as children of the king Haakon and MM have an example to set to the rest of the country. As polyesco said, if people see their CP family skiing it might encourage them to ski which would make keeping people in tow harder during lockdown.
One cannot compare scandinavian countries with a lot of space due to little number of population with big industrial countries such as Germany, Britain or France or smaller ones like the Netherlands or Belgium with little space. So, just in this regard, there are different rules in more "empty" areas, when it comes to social distancing required and needed than in other places where people are more crowded.
Neighbouring Sweden has hardly any restrictions, even in Stockholm, how to move outside.
Virologists and Psychologists urge people to go outside, to have a walk or do ones sports in open and fresh air (on your own or - in regard of distancing rules - with the people you are living with). So, in this regard they are doing nothing wrong at all! I´m sure if the norwegian authorities or police watch too many people in specific areas, moving too close, they will act like everywhere else. But, as I said before, being able to go out during this trying times while at the same time obeying the rules of social distancing, is crucial and very important.
  #467  
Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,800
"It will be a different Easter for many this year, including the volunteers of the Red Cross. The Crown Prince couple today received an orientation from Inger Johanne Brekke, Bjørn Olav Søndrol and Atle Nes, three volunteers ready for action.⁣

With small people in the mountains, the Red Cross organizes emergency preparedness differently than they usually do. Parts of the emergency response are relocated to people's immediate areas, and the volunteers assist, among other things, health authorities in patient transport and coronary-related missions. In addition, caring is important, even at Easter."


https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html...2941&sek=26939


Photo: Prince Sverre Magnus
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe!
  #468  
Old 04-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,742
It appears (Google Map) that there is a ski resort 3-4 miles from their home. Although the lifts are closed, some resorts in the states are still allowing access to those able to walk up the mountain. Do the restrictions allow people to travel short distances for recreation?
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #469  
Old 04-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
It appears (Google Map) that there is a ski resort 3-4 miles from their home. Although the lifts are closed, some resorts in the states are still allowing access to those able to walk up the mountain. Do the restrictions allow people to travel short distances for recreation?
The restrictions say that there is a ban on spending the night in cabins in the mountains, and that people ought to refrain from going on mini-holidays or weekends.
So there isn't a direct ban on outings lasting a few hours, as I interpret it. Provided people return home the same day. But it is frowned upon by the government. - I.e. stay at home if possible.
  #470  
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The restrictions say that there is a ban on spending the night in cabins in the mountains, and that people ought to refrain from going on mini-holidays or weekends.
So there isn't a direct ban on outings lasting a few hours, as I interpret it. Provided people return home the same day. But it is frowned upon by the government. - I.e. stay at home if possible.
But isn’t Skaugum their main home? Two ski resorts quite near there, so they could easily have an hour’s skiing and be home within two hours...
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #471  
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,058
Hmm I think its unwise of them to draw attention to the fact they have access to more than the general public. It may not be criminal but it doesn't mean its a wise thing to do and if I were a Norwegian I may feel a bit put out the royals are so happy to show off they can have a ski slope to themselves. Of course if it didn't go on social media no one would know it was happening and, as they say, what you don't know can't hurt you.
  #472  
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
One cannot compare scandinavian countries with a lot of space due to little number of population with big industrial countries such as Germany, Britain or France or smaller ones like the Netherlands or Belgium with little space. So, just in this regard, there are different rules in more "empty" areas, when it comes to social distancing required and needed than in other places where people are more crowded.
Neighbouring Sweden has hardly any restrictions, even in Stockholm, how to move outside.
I don't remember mentioning anything about other countries in my post - I simply said that as heirs Haakon and MM are in the public eye and thus have an example to set to the rest of the country. Nothing else about other European places.

As a Brit, we're also not that spacious - yes, there's less of us, but we're not like many places in bigger countries like Australia or the US where a lot of people outside of the cities are spread out and live in larger houses. Most ordinary Brits live in small suburban detached/semi-detached houses or flat complexes. There has been a real issue here of people going to parks in cities like London and Manchester where tighter restrictions have been placed, and it's worrying residents of flats who depend on those public spaces for fresh air and exercise.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #473  
Old 04-09-2020, 03:37 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,212
Very ill judgement to post that picture of them skiing when the country is in lockdown, and everyone is seeing their usual freedom to roam diminished. People will start thinking why some of certain privileged backgrounds are allowed to do certain things that are discouraged for the rest of the population.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #474  
Old 04-10-2020, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Very ill judgement to post that picture of them skiing when the country is in lockdown, and everyone is seeing their usual freedom to roam diminished. People will start thinking why some of certain privileged backgrounds are allowed to do certain things that are discouraged for the rest of the population.
Are the other people who also live in the neighborhood of the ski resort allowed access? If you’re allowed to go outside to exercise, is it permitted to drive a short distance to a park, or hiking trail, or other recreation area?
I don’t have access to the exact rules established for the people of Norway.
Thank you.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #475  
Old 04-10-2020, 04:08 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,544
Here are the official guidelines in English.
https://helsenorge.no/coronavirus

You should be able to find the answers here.
  #476  
Old 04-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Here are the official guidelines in English.
https://helsenorge.no/coronavirus

You should be able to find the answers here.
Thank you! How kindly the suggestions and mandates are given! I still didn’t find the precise answer I seek, but it looks as though exercise in your general neighborhood is permitted as long as social distancing is practiced.

Hope you and yours are well and safe. We are planning a run to the liquor store (or ‘packy’ as New Englanders call it) later and are planning it as tactically as the Invasion of Normandy!
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #477  
Old 04-13-2020, 06:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I don't remember mentioning anything about other countries in my post - I simply said that as heirs Haakon and MM are in the public eye and thus have an example to set to the rest of the country. Nothing else about other European places.

As a Brit, we're also not that spacious - yes, there's less of us, but we're not like many places in bigger countries like Australia or the US where a lot of people outside of the cities are spread out and live in larger houses. Most ordinary Brits live in small suburban detached/semi-detached houses or flat complexes. There has been a real issue here of people going to parks in cities like London and Manchester where tighter restrictions have been placed, and it's worrying residents of flats who depend on those public spaces for fresh air and exercise.
Exactly, that was what I wanted to point out in my post. You cannot compare crowded places like Manchester, Berlin or even Oslo with the norwegian countryside and mountains with a lot of space around you. If going out skiing was not allowed, the CP couple wouldn´t have done it so they didn´t do anything wrong. In that sense they couldn´t have set a bad example at all. People are even encouraged by the authorities (Italy and Spain is a very different matter) to go out - considering social distancing! - and do ones exercise in the open air BECAUSE of health reasons (mentally and physically)!
https://helsenorge.no/coronavirus
  #478  
Old 04-29-2020, 02:36 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,800
"Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway has given a rare interview to Norway’s state TV NRK. In the interview the Crown Princess emphasizes that we are in a time when we all should care about each other's mental health."


https://twitter.com/OAanmoen/status/...528386/photo/2
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe!
  #479  
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway has given a rare interview to Norway’s state TV NRK. In the interview the Crown Princess emphasizes that we are in a time when we all should care about each other's mental health."


https://twitter.com/OAanmoen/status/...528386/photo/2
It is great to hear that the Crown Princess will be talking about mental health. It is not that long ago when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took up campaigning for mental health, and it was considered a deeply unfashionable subject.
  #480  
Old 04-29-2020, 03:21 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is great to hear that the Crown Princess will be talking about mental health. It is not that long ago when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took up campaigning for mental health, and it was considered a deeply unfashionable subject.
And of course Prince Harry.

While the Cambridges (and Harry) can be applauded for their shining a bright spotlight on mental health, they certainly aren't alone. Or the trail blazers.

Mette Marit has spent close to 19 years working on Mental Health awareness. One of her first patronages was The Norwegian Council of Mental Health'. Every year in October she is involved in events for World Mental health day.

Her and Haakon have hosted a banquet at their estate for the past 16 years, hosting people involved in the Mental health field.


The difference is that the BRF gets more spotlight and news, they are better known outside royal fans and their own country then the continental royals. Maxima, Letizia, Mathilde and others have also taken on the cause.


But its one of those causes that cant hurt but have as many people shining the spotlight on it as possible.



In a time like this there has to be a lot of emphasis put on mental health. Especially in groups like seniors who being home bound may be isolated during this time from others.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby: 25 August 2001 Julia Royal Weddings 239 05-15-2020 10:59 AM
Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit visit to Jordan: October 21-22, 2014 dazzling Royal House of Jordan 29 10-27-2014 05:07 PM
Haakon & Mette-Marit Visit To Iceland June 2004 anna Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 40 01-06-2013 03:51 AM
Various News and Discussions about Haakon and Mette-Marit Julia Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 403 07-23-2010 07:25 PM
Name Haakon And Mette-Marit's Baby Josefine Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 139 01-24-2004 05:49 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication althorp anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry bangladesh belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong cht clarence house countess of snowdon crown princess victoria diana princess of wales dna dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals emperor facts family tree games habsburg hill historical drama house of bernadotte house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau intro jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers lithuania lithuanian palaces mailing mbs mountbatten netherlands nobel prize norway norway history palestine popularity princely family of monaco queen paola random facts rown royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding russian court dress shakespeare snowdon spanish royal spencer family sweden swedish history thailand tracts united states of america unsubscribe videos wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×