The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

CP Mette Marit posted on her Instagram:

"Good Friday❤️. Here are some pictures from here in this special time. With us, there is home office, telephone meetings, homework, walking, swimming and routines that keep morale up. Haakon, the children and I send many good thoughts to everyone who keeps their wheels running during the day. An extra greeting to those of you who feel more lonely now. And to all who have fallen ill: May the days become easier soon. My way of finding peace you see if you scroll further❤️ Send @askerhusflidslag and Heidi a big thank you for the loan of home tissue!
If anyone needs book tips then I recommend picking up John Irving again. Especially "Last night in twisted river" Irving writes such vivid stories that you can treat yourself to being in the middle of another universe for a while, and that's probably something we all need now .... A little break. Comes with more book tips eventually. Sending a pinch here from the loom ..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B99pU0phhXH/

Old 03-30-2020, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

From the Crown Prince Family:

«Here at Skaugum there is full pressure with home school. Magnus has made Chili con Carne for dinner. A warm greeting to all students, teachers and parents who make homeschooling work.»

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XWcHiJYVO/

Pictures by Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Ingrid Alexandra

The Crown Prince Couple:

"The corona crisis has led to major changes in the way the Church City Mission works to reach vulnerable groups. "The work you do in the Church City Mission is always important, but especially important in this demanding time," the Crown Prince couple said in a video meeting with the Church City Mission at Skaugum today. ⁣⁣

⁣⁣
The organization briefed the Crown Prince couple on how to adapt the important work at a time when many physical meeting places have closed. Among other things, they serve soup from a bicycle on the street in Oslo, offer home delivery to the elderly and seek out people digitally or one by one."

https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html...2896&sek=26939

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-e8hD8om4_/

Old 04-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Haakon, Mette-Marit and Ingrid-Alexandra out skiing.
Pictures from MM.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pr-ThhzoF/
Her outside activities have not slow down so that's good to see
Old 04-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Pictures from MM.
Clearly, nobody else is there, but does going that far outside fall under Norway's quarantine?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Gentry

I am confused. Is it really the time to go on a skiing holiday or is this in their backyard?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, certainly not what one would expect of RF at the moment. I’m not 100% sure of the situation in Norway but I would be amazed if skiing is still allowed for everybody.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness

I want to be able to ski in my backyard :)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Wow, certainly not what one would expect of RF at the moment. I’m not 100% sure of the situation in Norway but I would be amazed if skiing is still allowed for everybody.
In England, you're not supposed to travel too far for anything unless it si really necessary. Even to drive a few miles with your dog to take him for a walk in the country is frowned on. and a politican in Scotland has had to resign because she twice went to her second home at weekends...
Old 04-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Majesty

I must say that the timing of publicizing these photos is a little off. I understand the situation in Norway is a bit better then most during this coronavirus crisis but still there have been 78 deaths in Norway. .. I don't know but the message is a little off for me.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Norway is going to open up as well.

They do a combination of Denmark and Austria.

That is: Kindergartens and nurseries will open from 20th April, as well as the younger classes at school.
Small businesses like hairdressers and selfemployed can begin to open during April.

The ban against going skiing and staying in the cabins in the mountains will be lifted from 20th April. (That is so much a part of Norwegian culture, but they will have to miss going there during Easter.)
Hmm, so there is a ban on skiing but the Crown prince couple and their daughter decided to go skiing and share pictures on their IG?!

It at least explains why there is no one else...
Old 04-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Pictures from MM.
Hugely insensitive pictures when the world is in such a state and thousands are dying in Europe and elsewhere every day. What were they thinking?
Old 04-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems that Mette Marit is relieved that as a consequence of her illness (which in itself is terrible), she is no longer expected to fulfill duties as a crown princess. She herself expressed how happy she is that she can now focus on what she enjoys doing instead. I wonder whether that clouded her judgment in posting these pictures.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see anything wrong with these pictures. They're probably in your area of residence and in a safe place.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I don't see anything wrong with these pictures. They're probably in your area of residence and in a safe place.
They are flouting a Government ban on skiing even if they are isolated and also showing a lack of support and empathy to their fellow countrymen/women who can't enjoy such activities at the moment. Overall though I think their happy smiling faces are just tasteless when so many are grieving. They could have done this and kept it to themselves.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
They are flouting a Government ban on skiing even if they are isolated and also showing a lack of support and empathy to their fellow countrymen/women who can't enjoy such activities at the moment. Overall though I think their happy smiling faces are just tasteless when so many are grieving. They could have done this and kept it to themselves.
Be that as it may, the comments on mette-marit's social network are not negative. We also don't know where they were.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I rechecked.

The Norwegian Health Minister, Bent Høie, said specifically that the ban on going skiing in the mountains and staying in cabins there will be lifted from 20th April.

That is confirmed at the official info from the Norwegian government:
https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuel...ert/id2697060/

Regjeringen har også besluttet at forbudet mot å overnatte på hytta blir opphevet fra 20. april.

– Det vil ikke lenger være straffbart å overnatte på hytta, men det er fortsatt en nasjonal anbefaling å unngå fritidsreiser

"The government has also decided that the ban against spending the night in a cabin will be lifted from 20th April.
It will no longer be a punishable offense to spend the night in a cabin, but it is still a national recommendation to avoid holiday-trips/weekend-trips."

I have also glanced at the Norwegian newspapers, there appears to be no criticism of Haakon and MM, on the contrary in fact.

- So I guess H&MM went skiing for a few hours only.
Whether that is the greatest idea is of course debatable. Personally I don't think so, because far from all Norwegians have access to a cabin right up the nearest mountain, but will have to drive a while, eat somewhere, tank gasoline, buy supplies and go to the toilet along the roads.
People on the move = the infection is also on the move, also even if people try and avoid each other.
So if H&MM had posted this on the 21st it would have been OK. But IMO this is a little premature. People may not take it that serious anymore, if they see someone with a very serious lung-condition (MM) skiing in the mountains. Something many Norwegians otherwise do in the weekends and not least during Easter.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I rechecked.

The Norwegian Health Minister, Bent Høie, said specifically that the ban on going skiing in the mountains and staying in cabins there will be lifted from 20th April.

That is confirmed at the official info from the Norwegian government:
https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuel...ert/id2697060/

Regjeringen har også besluttet at forbudet mot å overnatte på hytta blir opphevet fra 20. april.

– Det vil ikke lenger være straffbart å overnatte på hytta, men det er fortsatt en nasjonal anbefaling å unngå fritidsreiser

"The government has also decided that the ban against spending the night in a cabin will be lifted from 20th April.
It will no longer be a punishable offense to spend the night in a cabin, but it is still a national recommendation to avoid holiday-trips/weekend-trips."

I have also glanced at the Norwegian newspapers, there appears to be no criticism of Haakon and MM, on the contrary in fact.

- So I guess H&MM went skiing for a few hours only.
Whether that is the greatest idea is of course debatable. Personally I don't think so, because far from all Norwegians have access to a cabin right up the nearest mountain, but will have to drive a while, eat somewhere, tank gasoline, buy supplies and go to the toilet along the roads.
People on the move = the infection is also on the move, also even if people try and avoid each other.
So if H&MM had posted this on the 21st it would have been OK. But IMO this is a little premature. People may not take it that serious anymore, if they see someone with a very serious lung-condition (MM) skiing in the mountains. Something many Norwegians otherwise do in the weekends and not least during Easter.
As I mentioned before, the posting of these pictures is tasteless at this point in time and if people in Norway don't think so I would be amazed. As a UK citizen if any of our royal family did anything similar right now it would never be forgotten nor forgiven and I think would even be the end of our Monarchy. That's how serious a mistake it would be here but maybe the majority of Norwegians think differently.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

As you can see in this article, there is no controversy in Norway because of the photos that Princess Mette-Marit shared on Instagram.
https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/vek...andet/72343533
Old 04-07-2020, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Thanks Muhler.
The fact that there is a ban in Norway for skiing and that the heirs still go ahead and not only ski but post a picture is disappointing.
There might not be criticism yet but I can see this encouraging others to go ski. Which makes the jobs of the authorities more difficult.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a ban on going out in your own yard?

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news