The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princess seems to complain about privacy only when her beloved firstborn is criticized..

Old 07-27-2019, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Didn't the CP couple make lots of complaints about Marius' privacy?
Now MM is even posing with him
If having a standard (to live up to) is good, than having a double-standard must be twice as good.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:10 AM
Serene Highness

Indeed, the climate last year was different. Even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The Crown Princess seems to complain about privacy only when her beloved firstborn is criticized..
That´s not true at all, she´s alwyas sensitive about privacy issues and has every right to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
If having a standard (to live up to) is good, than having a double-standard must be twice as good.

I don´t see any double-standards here! Posting holiday pictures on an instagram feed is their business only. However, filming them and taking secretly photos on their italian holidays without having their permission is the real controversy here....!
Old 07-27-2019, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I find it hard to believe that MM would favour one child over another. Of course, we don't know her personally to know for sure, but I can't imagine she would have "favourites". She has posted such style photos of IA and Sverre on social media before.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2019, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think the previous comments were about MM having 'favorites' over her children. I think it was because last year and the previous years MM have been very vocal about protecting Marius' privacy (of which is normal to every mothers out there) and even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene. And now she's posting her photo with Marius' photo as if nothing happened.

But yeah, all is well. Maybe the climate has changed now.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit recently attended for the 50th birthdays of Olav and Kristin Selvaag
https://twitter.com/HeavenQRF/status...92099239370752
Old 07-29-2019, 02:22 PM
Administrator

The following article contains another lovely shot:

** alltomkungligt.se: Strålande glad Mette-Marit på festligt 50-årskalas **
Old 07-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I don't think the previous comments were about MM having 'favorites' over her children. I think it was because last year and the previous years MM have been very vocal about protecting Marius' privacy (of which is normal to every mothers out there) and even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene. And now she's posting her photo with Marius' photo as if nothing happened.

But yeah, all is well. Maybe the climate has changed now.
I was referring to this post mostly:

Quote:

Old 07-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

But what the royalfly said was related to my comment and it is true.
The Crown Princess only screams for privacy for her son when the publicity is negative.

See the following articles:

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2018/08...eks-publicity/

https://people.com/royals/norways-ma...s-says-palace/
Old 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

To me it seemed like you were insinuating MM favours Marius over IA and Sverre, so I apologise if I misread your post. I've seen those articles before when they were originally posted here; it appears that I just got the wrong end of what you were trying to say.
Just for the record I think that, whilst it seems a bit hypocritical of MM complaining about privacy but posting a private photo, Marius isn't Haakon's son and thus not a royal and a private citizen, so I also rightly understand why she would complain. But I also think that if Marius wanted to remain private, he wouldn't be mixing with high-profile celebrities in the US and posting photos on a public Instagram with over 10k followers.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

No I wasn't insinuating any favoritism among her children.

I was simply stating how hypocritical the Crown Princess is by stating her son is a private figure when he is being criticized or portrayed unfavorably yet does not complain when her son is giving interviews or is collaborating with high profile publications.

I think you understand my views.

Marius needs to make up his mind what he wants a public life (that is subject to criticism) or a private one and stick to it.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Yes I understand your views perfectly now you’ve explained them; even if I did find that statement a little patronising (again apologies if that wasn’t intended, seems I’m not the best at interpreting posts again).

Old 07-31-2019, 01:18 AM
Serene Highness

Obviously, Marius is a private citizen and should not concern the Norwegian Royal Court but since she's MM's son, the press just won't leave him alone.

Maybe the climate have changed now following MM's photo with him in Instagram. And he looks handsome too.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I was simply stating how hypocritical the Crown Princess is by stating her son is a private figure when he is being criticized or portrayed unfavorably yet does not complain when her son is giving interviews or is collaborating with high profile publications.

Marius needs to make up his mind what he wants a public life (that is subject to criticism) or a private one and stick to it.
Do you truely expect the Crown Princess complaining about her eldest son publicly - even if she disagreed on his "public" activities?!
And do you really expect this family never ever to post photos of Marius on instagram again only because they took their right to complain about the media because they hurt M´s privacy?!
And don´t you see the difference between private material you yourself choose and agree upon to be published (like we all do these days on instagram or facebook) and material other people decide themselves to publish about you or your loved ones?
This is rather a statement than a real question...!
Old 08-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Mette-Marit out bike riding, what a lovely place
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpkqgiHDP/
Old 08-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is a spectacular country they live in, the Norwegians.

No wonder, they walk around in a state of eternal bliss, and don't concern themselves with worldly trivialities, like shoes...
Old 08-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Norwegian countryside does seem gorgeous indeed. It's been on my bucket list for a long while!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Mette Marit thans everyone for the wishew for her birthday today:

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WRQGQiqBR/

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095346.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095347.jpg
I love her trousers. They look so cozy.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Mette Marit thans everyone for the wishew for her birthday today:

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WRQGQiqBR/

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095346.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0466095347.jpg
IA looks so much like MM in the first photo of her on her way to Uranienborg!

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince haakon, crown princess mette-marit, general news, norwegian royal family general news, prince haakon general news, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit general news