General News & Information about Haakon,Mette-Marit & Family 1: July 2014 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown Princess seems to complain about privacy only when her beloved firstborn is criticized..

Indeed, the climate last year was different. Even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene.

The Crown Princess seems to complain about privacy only when her beloved firstborn is criticized..

That´s not true at all, she´s alwyas sensitive about privacy issues and has every right to!

If having a standard (to live up to) is good, than having a double-standard must be twice as good. :D

I don´t see any double-standards here! Posting holiday pictures on an instagram feed is their business only. However, filming them and taking secretly photos on their italian holidays without having their permission is the real controversy here....!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe that MM would favour one child over another. Of course, we don't know her personally to know for sure, but I can't imagine she would have "favourites". She has posted such style photos of IA and Sverre on social media before.

I don't think the previous comments were about MM having 'favorites' over her children. I think it was because last year and the previous years MM have been very vocal about protecting Marius' privacy (of which is normal to every mothers out there) and even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene. And now she's posting her photo with Marius' photo as if nothing happened.

But yeah, all is well. Maybe the climate has changed now.

I don't think the previous comments were about MM having 'favorites' over her children. I think it was because last year and the previous years MM have been very vocal about protecting Marius' privacy (of which is normal to every mothers out there) and even the Norwegian Royal Court had to intervene. And now she's posting her photo with Marius' photo as if nothing happened.

But yeah, all is well. Maybe the climate has changed now.

I was referring to this post mostly:

To me it seemed like you were insinuating MM favours Marius over IA and Sverre, so I apologise if I misread your post. I've seen those articles before when they were originally posted here; it appears that I just got the wrong end of what you were trying to say.
Just for the record I think that, whilst it seems a bit hypocritical of MM complaining about privacy but posting a private photo, Marius isn't Haakon's son and thus not a royal and a private citizen, so I also rightly understand why she would complain. But I also think that if Marius wanted to remain private, he wouldn't be mixing with high-profile celebrities in the US and posting photos on a public Instagram with over 10k followers.

No I wasn't insinuating any favoritism among her children.

I was simply stating how hypocritical the Crown Princess is by stating her son is a private figure when he is being criticized or portrayed unfavorably yet does not complain when her son is giving interviews or is collaborating with high profile publications.

I think you understand my views.

Marius needs to make up his mind what he wants a public life (that is subject to criticism) or a private one and stick to it.

Yes I understand your views perfectly now you’ve explained them; even if I did find that statement a little patronising (again apologies if that wasn’t intended, seems I’m not the best at interpreting posts again).

Obviously, Marius is a private citizen and should not concern the Norwegian Royal Court but since she's MM's son, the press just won't leave him alone.

Maybe the climate have changed now following MM's photo with him in Instagram. And he looks handsome too.

I was simply stating how hypocritical the Crown Princess is by stating her son is a private figure when he is being criticized or portrayed unfavorably yet does not complain when her son is giving interviews or is collaborating with high profile publications.

Marius needs to make up his mind what he wants a public life (that is subject to criticism) or a private one and stick to it.

Do you truely expect the Crown Princess complaining about her eldest son publicly - even if she disagreed on his "public" activities?!
And do you really expect this family never ever to post photos of Marius on instagram again only because they took their right to complain about the media because they hurt M´s privacy?!:whistling:
And don´t you see the difference between private material you yourself choose and agree upon to be published (like we all do these days on instagram or facebook) and material other people decide themselves to publish about you or your loved ones?
This is rather a statement than a real question...!

It is a spectacular country they live in, the Norwegians.

No wonder, they walk around in a state of eternal bliss, and don't concern themselves with worldly trivialities, like shoes... ?

CP Mette Marit thans everyone for the wishew for her birthday today:

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WRQGQiqBR/

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0466095346/profimedia-0466095346.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0466095347/profimedia-0466095347.jpg

I love her trousers. They look so cozy.

CP Mette Marit thans everyone for the wishew for her birthday today:

"Thank you so much for all the greetings today. I am really happy about my birthday and think it is very nice that it sometimes falls on the first day of school ❤️������ So congratulations to everyone who has their first day at school today! (And thanks for life's flower brush Kristin ❤️)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WRQGQiqBR/

And Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0466095346/profimedia-0466095346.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0466095347/profimedia-0466095347.jpg

IA looks so much like MM in the first photo of her on her way to Uranienborg!

Clearly needs maintenance?!?

The poor woodwork is screaming for help!

Those planks is in serious need of treatment.
And that door won't survive another year without a thorough rework!
My hands are itching!
Yes, yes!

Although it should be said that it isn't so long since it was last painted, but it's very exposed to hard weather.

--------------------

Was there any mention of the cause for the spots of Sverre's arm? Is it vitiligo or perhaps a rash?
Haven't read anything about Magnus' darker patches on his arm but indeed looks like some kind of skin condition.
I think he always had that. I remember pictures of him when he was younger where it was there too.
Never seen anything in the Norwegian media about it.
But he's likely had it since he was born, have noticed it in several photos of him over the years.
I must confess that this was the first time I noticed the skin condition on Sverre's arm.
Here are three of several photos of him where one can see it.

At the age of two (link).

At the age of five (link).

At the age of ten (link).

--------------------

Thanks! :flowers:

In that post, CP MM shares a link to the *Instagram account of Marius' dog* (Louie Borg Snekkestad), which had the biography-text: ''Boston terrier living the life with Down syndrome.''
One of the people in the comment section points this out, adding that the owners make grimaces with the dog. The person then questions whether this is an attempt to bully people with DS? To which The Crown Princess replied:
''Louie lever med en kromosomfeil. Han er verdens nydeligste lille hund. Tror ikke eierne har ment noe vondt med å beskrive han som en hund med downs.''
''Louie lives with a chromosome defect. He is the world's most beautiful little dog. Don't think the owners have meant anything bad with describing him as a dog with down's.''

The biography was then changed to ''Boston terrier living the good life with my Mommy: @julianesnekkestad and daddy: @marius_borg.''

Well, well, well, that was just asking for trouble!!!
First with the text and second with CP MM posting the link. Yes, the media even got a main article on VG-online out of it (which is Norway's largest news-website with over 2 million daily readers) - plus that it was mentioned on TV2 News Channel.

--------------------

Mette-Marit out bike riding, what a lovely place
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpkqgiHDP/
Well, that's nothing! ?

Just take a look at my response to HereditaryPrincess below.

--------------------

The Norwegian countryside does seem gorgeous indeed. It's been on my bucket list for a long while!
It's not just the countryside. I mean almost the whole country is full of either fjords and islands or mountains and valleys.

So treat yourself a visit. - But be aware of the high prices.

BTW: I have been holidaying in Lofoten this summer (an archipelago and traditional district with several Fishing villages in the breathtaking Northern Norway region).

Here are some photos: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Information, pictures and videos from the ''Visit Norway'' website (link).

English Wikipedia article (link).

Youtube Video - ''Take a look at one of the most magic places on earth'' (link).

Youtube Video - ''The Northern Light in Lofoten'' (link).

--------------------

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is accompanied by her mother, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as she arrives at the Uranienborg School in Oslo today

Thanks! :flowers:

Royal Central article (link).

And read more about the reason for the school change in this thread (link).

In that post, CP MM shares a link to the *Instagram account of Marius' dog* (Louie Borg Snekkestad), which had the biography-text: ''Boston terrier living the life with Down syndrome.''
One of the people in the comment section points this out, adding that the owners make grimaces with the dog. The person then questions whether this is an attempt to bully people with DS? To which The Crown Princess replied:
''Louie lever med en kromosomfeil. Han er verdens nydeligste lille hund. Tror ikke eierne har ment noe vondt med å beskrive han som en hund med downs.''
''Louie lives with a chromosome defect. He is the world's most beautiful little dog. Don't think the owners have meant anything bad with describing him as a dog with down's.''

:ermm:

The biography was then changed to ''Boston terrier living the good life with my Mommy: @julianesnekkestad and daddy: @marius_borg.''

Well, well, well, that was just asking for trouble!!!
First with the text and second with CP MM posting the link. Yes, the media even got a main article on VG-online out of it (which is Norway's largest news-website with over 2 million daily readers) - plus that it was mentioned on TV2 News Channel.

Her comment presumably did not help matters either. It sounds at least that Mr. Borg Høiby quickly corrected his gaffe.

I've heard about batcaves but not battrees. ;)

The man standing next to her in the photo with Ingrid on the ladder is that a batman? :bats:

- The bad bat jokes are lining up! Better go to bed. :D

I love it!!!!
The nailed it!

FYI- for those unsure. The couple have dressed up as Margot and Richie from the movie The Royal Tenenbaums.

If you check the comments you'll see that Gwyneth Paltrow herself have written a comment. Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Gwyneth have been close friends for many years.

With that green bag she has had for years now ! I have Always dreamed of this bag !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom