Family news and pictures thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kwanfan said:
According to this link http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/1142651956.html Haakon and Mette-Marit will attend the Thai diamond jubilee.
That is not a confirmed list, its speculation, there has so far been nothing official from the court on who is going but conisdering it was said the King would not make long trips outside Europe this year it is likely it will be them, it was also mentioned on the european royal messageboard by one of those who are usually well informed, but its better to wait for official confirmation.

The royal family will not celebrate easter at the Royal Mountain chalet(Prinsehytta) in Sikkilsdalen.
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_allAtOnce.asp?ogid=23&mgid=23&gid=67&aid=
It used to be a tradition that the family celebrated easter there and that they took part in the ski competition on easter saturday. The spokesperson says they this year will have private vacation/celebrate in private, no words on where (I guess that means abroad)

The last 3 years the family have not used the cabine
Last year they had planned to go but when the King got sick they chose to stay in Oslo
In 2004 when the King was recovering from Cancer, the King, Queen and Crown Prince Family went to Capri in Italy, Märtha and family was rumoured to be in Jordan
In 2003 Märtha Louise was Very pregnant and they chose the cabine at Lillehammer, I think Haakon and Mette-Marit was in Brazil
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article595943.ece
Here is though a pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit outside the house in 2002 (she had a broken leg), Ari Behn in the easter ski competition in 2002 (He could have gotten a broken leg with his average skiing abilities but dressed to impress though) a pic of the cabine (Scanpix)

Last edited:
Royal finances in the red
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1271804.ece

The state budget for maintaining Norway's royal family dipped into the red last year, with expenses exceeding state funding by nearly NOK 3.2 million. Much of the cost overrun was blamed on expenses tied to last year's centennial celebrations.
Read the report here, it contains many nice pictures, all the events that has been performed, all the medals that has been given and more, only in norwegian
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5555

The report says the overuse will be covered by money set aside from other budgets

A few pics from the report
1 Gala dinner for the staff to celebrate the centenary in november 2005
2 Concert for Queen Sonjas music competition in august 2005
3 The Crown Prince Regent inspects the quarld
4 Queen Sonja getting food at the centennary ball
5 The King and Pincess Lilian
6-10 Deocrations for the ball and the chandeliers that has been renovated

Last edited:
Looking at the scheduled engagements for June it seems like that will be a busy month for the Norwegian royals. First the Spanish state visit, then Haakon & Mette-Marit go to Thailand, then the weeklong events for the coronation anniversary. Three big events for members of the family that month.

kwanfan said:
Looking at the scheduled engagements for June it seems like that will be a busy month for the Norwegian royals. First the Spanish state visit, then Haakon & Mette-Marit go to Thailand, then the weeklong events for the coronation anniversary. Three big events for members of the family that month.

Looking forward to plenty of new photos then!;)

Press release for the state visit from Spain 6-8 June
It will start in Oslo on the 6th and end in Bergen on the 8th.
the most interesting part is a planned visit to the Troll A platform, its the most valuable gass field in the NOrth Sea, I guess it is weather dependant though since they will have to go by chopper

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5587

Pictures from Troll A, where you can really see the size of it
http://www.statoil.com/STATOILCOM/SVG00990.nsf?opendatabase&lang=en&artid=CACFEF0991487FE4C1256BC2003671D9

I would guess it will only be the Norwegian King and Queen who goes with the Spanish guests to Bergen and Troll and that they younger Royals will only be there for the events in Oslo

Norwegian Se og Hør has finally gotten a decent website, they have now also news not only the frontpage, it seems so far that they take their news from other magazines and papers and dont show their exclusives they have in their magazine, atleast the stories from Denmark seems to be lifted directly from Ekstrabladet and Danish Se og HØr.

Here is the adress to the royal section
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige

se og Hør also has the story about the supposed problems the Crown Prince Couple (and Queen Sonja, she was mentiond in the original paper article, not in this online bit) has with the new bishop of Oslo, Ole K Kvarme, who is conservative on gay issues and has said that gay people can be reoriented by seeing a psychologist, they do not have the same warm relationship as they had with the former more liberal Bishop Stålsett. They were according to this article not happy it was Kvarme who christened Sverre Magnus
Article comes with a nice pictures from Christmas
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongelige/Norske+kongehus/1.19739

It also has a picture from a family event last year we did not see or hear about, the gala dinner given to the staff in November or December, here we can see Märtha Louise recyceling the dress from Frederiks prewedding dinner. Photo by John Eeg

Attachments

• märtha.jpg
    märtha.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 502
  • hfsjdf.jpg
    hfsjdf.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 445
  • shdfjksdf.jpg
    shdfjksdf.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon in audience with the winner of the mathematical prize "Abel Prisen"

I dont understand why Mette-Marit could not come for this event, its like 15 minutes inside the palace, its getting a bit rediculous if she is not going to do anything in May either.

From anb via www.Siste.no

Attachments

• 20060523-038_jpg_851791g.jpg
    20060523-038_jpg_851791g.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 323
Haakon, his wife and their two youngest children Sverre and Ingrid as well as Märtha and Ari without children has been in Holland this weekend to visit their good friends Constantin and Laurentien who have been married for 5 years last week and according to Se og Hør had a party to celebrate it, the Princess is also soon 40 years so maybe it was a joint event, or mayeb Se og Hør is just specualting, hmmmm

Here are pics of them comming back home at the airport in Oslo and saying good bye to each other before leaving in different cars to go to their respective homes.

scanned from Se og hør for TRF, no sign of Haakon, maybe he took a different flight than Ingrid?

Haakon were according to the artikle on the same plane. Se og Hør just didn't use a picture of him.

2 June
The King and Crown Prince inspect the New Frigate Fridtjof Nanasen

Video about the Frigate, you can see the King and Crown Prince in the bginning of the video
http://www.vg.no/video/videoplayer/player.hbs?id=3495
1-3 Pictures by Håvard Hanasand for forsvarsnett
4-8 Scnpix via Aftenposten

Attachments

• Kongeinspeksjon-370_78440a.jpg
    Kongeinspeksjon-370_78440a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Kronprinsen_78442a.jpg
    Kronprinsen_78442a.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 500
  • THEKING_78443a.jpg
    THEKING_78443a.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 283
  • FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408393g.jpg
    FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408393g.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 298
  • FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408394g.jpg
    FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408394g.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 292
  • FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408395g.jpg
    FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408395g.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 246
  • FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408396g.jpg
    FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408396g.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 308
  • FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408397g.jpg
    FRIDTJOF_NANSEN__06_408397g.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
Anyone knows about the medals Ari is wearing here?

I have to presume that you are suffer from a momentary "slip of the finger" .... Ari wasn't along on the "frigate tour".

Oh no .... that's for royal personages who are 'entitled' to wear marine blue uniforms.

I don't how extensive the King's experience is/was ... but I remember seeing a picture of Haakon while he was serving.

I think Crisinaki is referring to the picture she linked to in her post, hrhcp.

It might be a memorial medal of sorts, crisinaki - though I'm not positive. There were a couple of memorial medals released last year, so it might be that.

If you remeber some time ago Mette-Marit, Haakon, Sverre Magnus and Marius visited the penguins in the aquarium in Bergen where one of them was called Pingrid Alexandra II, well she has gotten a baby sibling and now the paper BT has arranged a poll for what the new penguin baby is going to be called, several royal related:

Ping Kong
Penrik
Ping Magnus
Maud Pingelica

also not royal but still funny
Pingle (which means something like coward)

other suggestions
Mons Pingvar
Herman/Hermine
Here is the vote and se a picture of the little one
http://www.bt.no/php/pingvin/

Its still not known if it is a boy or a girl which is a bit of a dilemma when they are going to find a name for it already:cool:
a video about the penguin baby
http://www.bt.no/btv/index.jsp?file=http://www2.bt.no/multimedia/tvh/tvh.asx?pid=2328

Today there was a electricity black-out in Asker where the Crown Prince couples farm and home Skaugum lies in the early morning right after the animals had been milked and fed. Because there electricians is on strike the electricity was out for 5 hours, but because Skaugum is a farm and there are many other farms around who depend on electricity for feeding and milking the electrician fixed it even if they were on strike. According to the spokesperson of the royal court it was not because of the royals the exception was made, but because of the animals health and well beeing. Further NTB says the couple is not in their home but on vacation. A good guess would be Tjøme and Maagerø where Queen Sonja usually celebrates her birthday, she is 69 years old today:) The celebrations is private but the flags are flying from all public buildings and from some private ones as well.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=121999
The king is not in the habbit of beeing there for his wifes birthday as he is usually in SPain with his crew for the regattas this time of the year. Maybe it will be a larger party next year since both the King and Queen will be 70.

July is the official vacation month so no activites schedueld the next weeks, usually they come back to work in the beginning-middle of August. There is no state council in the vacation, as the politicians want some (much:rolleyes: ) vacation as well.

Some planes for the autumn, second part of august has several activites planned already

Mette-Marit as a special UNADIDS representative (possible Haakon will be there for parts of it) will attend the World Congress on AIDS in Toronto which is held 13-18 August 2006

The couple will celebrate their 5 year wedding anniversary on August 25th, there will be some activites related to their humanitarian foundation according to Haakon, but he would not say what they were exactly in a recent NRK interview. I belive his wife is the in the jury of a writing competiton for teenagers the foundation and the goverment supports.

29-31 august there will be a state visit from Bulgaria

In the middle of September the King and Queen will go on a state visit to Ireland

Haakon and Mette-Marit will go on a visit to India in October I think, it should be a longer trip, it was supposed to be a state visit by the King and Queen but on doctors orders the King is not travelling out of Europe this year. It will now be scaled down to an official visit.

They're five years married! Half a decade! Wow. Time flies.

Larzen said:
Today there was a electricity black-out in Asker where the Crown Prince couples farm and home Skaugum lies in the early morning right after the animals had been milked and fed. Because there electricians is on strike the electricity was out for 5 hours, but because Skaugum is a farm and there are many other farms around who depend on electricity for feeding and milking the electrician fixed it even if they were on strike.

Thank you for the nice summary of events and activities of the royal family Larzen! :) Nice of the striking electricians to come out and fix the power to make sure that the animals were okay. A few years ago in Toronto we had a massive blackout due to the excessive usage of power and not enough power supply and many animals suffered from heat stroke. Mostly people think of themselves, babies and kids and the elderly but they never think of the animals who feel the heat as much as we do.

Larzen said:
Mette-Marit as a special UNADIDS representative (possible Haakon will be there for parts of it) will attend the World Congress on AIDS in Toronto which is held 13-18 August 2006

I wonder where in Toronto this is taking place? I wouldn't mind taking a detour on my way home one of those days for a glimpse of Mette-Marit! :)

Alexandria said:
Thank you for the nice summary of events and activities of the royal family Larzen! :) Nice of the striking electricians to come out and fix the power to make sure that the animals were okay. A few years ago in Toronto we had a massive blackout due to the excessive usage of power and not enough power supply and many animals suffered from heat stroke. Mostly people think of themselves, babies and kids and the elderly but they never think of the animals who feel the heat as much as we do.

I wonder where in Toronto this is taking place? I wouldn't mind taking a detour on my way home one of those days for a glimpse of Mette-Marit! :)
Here's the website for the conference http://www.aids2006.org/ Clicking around the website, it says that it takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

kwanfan said:
Here's the website for the conference http://www.aids2006.org/ Clicking around the website, it says that it takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

Thanks kwanfan! That's pretty close to me; it's about a 20 minute walk from my office, and only about five minutes from the train station.

I wonder if she'll stay at the Royal York Hotel? It's across from the train station, so five minutes from the MTCC. Members of the British royal family and Prince Joachim of Denmark have all stayed there during visits to Toronto.

As expected Queen Sonja celebrated her birthday at Maagerø, atleast the Crown Prince Family was there, Se og Hør carries pictures of a quite buff Haakon in shorts (and without a shirt:p ) helping Marius windsurf outside Maagerø, there is also a picture of the Queen and a servant picking flowers for the party. http://www.seher.no/cm

Well the story is refreshing, usually it is before and after pictures of the Princesses and their weight loss or gain, but this time it is before and after pictures of Haakon and how he has changed the last 5 years:p

Larzen said:
As expected Queen Sonja celebrated her birthday at Maagerø, atleast the Crown Prince Family was there, Se og Hør carries pictures of a quite buff Haakon in shorts (and without a shirt:p ) helping Marius windsurf outside Maagerø, there is also a picture of the Queen and a servant picking flowers for the party. http://www.seher.no/cm

Well the story is refreshing, usually it is before and after pictures of the Princesses and their weight loss or gain, but this time it is before and after pictures of Haakon and how he has changed the last 5 years:p
Well, Haakon has matured extremely in the past 5 years, I think. Growing that beard really made a difference in his appearance.

THe magazines has been quite busy taking papprazzi pictures of the royals this week, after looking trough them in the store here is a short summary

From Haakons birthday at Maagerø there are pictures of Märtha, Ari and the girls arriving by boat and Sonja taking pictures of them when they arrive and Märtha giving Haakon a hug. Also there are pictures of Espen Høiby and Marius bathing, writing about him getting married on saturday so I guess there will be quite alot of media there. He is a pilot in SAS and his bride to be works as cabine personel, also in SAS. It is his second marriage and her first, they have a son together and he has 2 (or 3??) children from his previous marriage

They have pictures of King Harald eating icecream in mallorca and sailing and some cute pictures of Felipe and his family

Also they have pictures from a party Märtha and Ari arranged with some friends, previous years they have had it on Bloksbjerg but last year the neigbours complained about all their loud parties:p so this year they had it on a club, lots of famous (in Norway) people attended, maybe the best news for them was that the wife of Jon Andreas Håthun ( Leah Isadoras godparent)was there looking good and happy, she has been struggeling Breastcancer and the after effect for several years now. Other guests that were pictures were Aris parents (still a couple after getting back together after some 20 years of divorce) Aris brother, Aris beautiful sister, reporter/writer Åsne Seierstad, Øystein Stray Spetalen, also a small picture of Mette-Marit arriving.

Other thant I have to say Märtha looks quite pregnant, I dont know if it is the outfit but that change is quite big compared to how slim she looked in Trondheim. She is wearing an empire cut top so it might create an illusion but I already thought she looked pregnant in the pictures of her in a magazine last week. Se og hør does not comment it, I guess they want to be careful since they were so wrong last time and got a public scolding from the King on the 9 o clock news:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some more pictures from the opening, from ANB/SISTE

The hair with dark roots:bang: not very presentable. Nice new Brooches though and it looks like they have color coordinated in whites and pinks

Knudsenfotosenter

Last edited:
I think both Sonja and Mette-Marit look really nice. I think this is a nice event for them to attend, because religious tolerance and understanding is so important in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom