Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 6th, 2004 - 6:05 pm
Crown Princess Mette-Marit today opened the Cumulus conference at the Norwegian Architecture College in Oslo.

from the Crown Princess Mette-Marit Message Board
Dear Lyonnaise,

Do you have any information about "where" the Mette-Marit Message Board can be found? All I get is something that says (paraphrasing) " .. File cannot be loaded.." and other stuff like that. It's like it just disappeared in the air. Any info will be welcomed.

TIA,

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane+Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:50 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:50 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@May 6th, 2004 - 6:05 pm
Crown Princess Mette-Marit today opened the Cumulus conference at the Norwegian Architecture College in Oslo.

from the Crown Princess Mette-Marit Message Board
Dear Lyonnaise,

Do you have any information about "where" the Mette-Marit Message Board can be found? All I get is something that says (paraphrasing) " .. File cannot be loaded.." and other stuff like that. It's like it just disappeared in the air. Any info will be welcomed.

TIA,

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
The first board was closed due to spammers. Another board was opened but the last time I went there someone had posted dozens of horrible messages about Mette-Marit. I didn't actually read the messages, but the titles made me so ill that I deleted the link from my file. As of now, I don't think that the owner has reopened another board.

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Jun 19th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
The first board was closed due to spammers. Another board was opened but the last time I went there someone had posted dozens of horrible messages about Mette-Marit. I didn't actually read the messages, but the titles made me so ill that I deleted the link from my file. As of now, I don't think that the owner has reopened another board.
This is disgusting and degrading!! Let the poor woman have some peace!!!

I don't like her clothes, neither her hair

is this the crown princess?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this photo taken when Mette-Marit was just about to give birth?

Attachments

• ingridnorway2004-14.jpg
    ingridnorway2004-14.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 835
The picture was taken a few hours after she had given birth. Haakon was inside telling the intired norwegian press about his daughter, and MM and IA left on a stretcher trough the back door,there was however one
tvteam who got some blurry pictures and a couple of photographers who got some pictures of some blond hair.

Larzen said:
The picture was taken a few hours after she had given birth. Haakon was inside telling the intired norwegian press about his daughter, and MM and IA left on a stretcher trough the back door,there was however one
tvteam who got some blurry pictures and a couple of photographers who got some pictures of some blond hair.
They left??!!

They left while Haakon was holding the press conference in another part of the hospital. Mette-Marit gave birth a couple of minutes past nine in the morning, and left the hospital later the same day.

norwegianne said:
They left while Haakon was holding the press conference in another part of the hospital. Mette-Marit gave birth a couple of minutes past nine in the morning, and left the hospital later the same day.
ReallY?? Wow!! I dindn't know doctors would even think of letting a woman get out of hospital the day she gave birth!!

ILoveCristina said:
ReallY?? Wow!! I dindn't know doctors would even think of letting a woman get out of hospital the day she gave birth!!
It's not just any woman. It's the Crown Princess of Norway who has just given birth to the future heir to the Norwegian throne. I'm sure that the hospital was assured that Mette-Marit would receive more than adequate care at home, as would the baby.

Maxima also left the hospital within hours of delivering Amalia.

Yes, one of Norways most well known and respected gyocologists went with her in the ambulance and stayed with her at Skaugum. There was a lot of writing in the press of how she was a rolemodel for other women by going home early and taking control of her body.

I think a female comedian said it very well; Who would not like to go home early if you could go home to a huge house, together with one of Norways best doctors and has a housekeeper to take care of the house, and a nanny to take care of your other child. That is not a possibility for many people in Norway.

Genevieve said:
It's not just any woman. It's the Crown Princess of Norway who has just given birth to the future heir to the Norwegian throne. I'm sure that the hospital was assured that Mette-Marit would receive more than adequate care at home, as would the baby.

Maxima also left the hospital within hours of delivering Amalia.
I didn't know Maxima had also left the same day!! But I agree, it's a good singn if they could leave within hours, it means the mother & baby are in good health...

I don't know what hospitals are like in Norway (or in the case of Maxima, in the Netherlands) but maternity wards can be very noisy and distracting, even if you have a private room.

In Canada (or at least Ontario) you stay in the hospital for at least one day if you've had a regular delivery without any complications, and three days if you've had a C-section or complications during your delivery.

Three years ago, when my aunt had her fourth child through a regular, uncomplicated delivery, asked to leave the hospital after 6 hours because she couldn't rest in her private room and the constant noise of other patients, visitors and babies, and nurses and doctors was waking up her baby. My aunt certainly didn't go home with one of the city's top OBGYN's but seeing as it was her fourth baby, they let her leave. She found it more comfortable to rest in her own bed and to have her new baby in his own nursery without any outside noise other than his father and his siblings.

For a myraid of reasons I an understand why Mette-Marit and Maxima would want to rest up with their new babies in the comforts of their own home. Imagine members of the press trying to get into the hospital to get the first pictures of your new born baby who is also the future heir to the throne. It would be an unsettling thought while trying to recuperate from a delivery.

When I was born, in 1983 in a Norwegian hospital, my mother and I went home six days after. I think it was about the same for two of my younger sisters, but the youngest, born in 1992, was there for a shorter period of time. Not as short as a day, but closer to four.

In recent years they've become more accomodating, if everything works fine, then you can go home more quickly.

As far as I have read it is very common in the Netherlands to give birth at home (ca 40%) or to leave hospital the same day. As long as precnancy and birth proceeds without complications it's no problem.
Here in Norway its very unusual to deliver at home, but it get's more common to leave hospital the same day (as I did with my last baby), after a doctor has checked the baby. Aswell you have the possibility that a midwife visits you in the first days after delivery for checking baby and mother.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with you, but it just surprised me at first!! Actually, I think you must be able to get more rest at home than in hospital!

Larzen said:
Yes, one of Norways most well known and respected gyocologists went with her in the ambulance and stayed with her at Skaugum. There was a lot of writing in the press of how she was a rolemodel for other women by going home early and taking control of her body.

I think a female comedian said it very well; Who would not like to go home early if you could go home to a huge house, together with one of Norways best doctors and has a housekeeper to take care of the house, and a nanny to take care of your other child. That is not a possibility for many people in Norway.
I should like to know who made that comment about her being a role model for women because she went home right away & took control of her body. What a stupid thing to say to women!! That is down right dangerous. However for MM it was perfectly safe as she had a doctor AT HOME WITH HER. Most women would not have that unless they are married to one or have one as a close family member.

And BTW I'd like to know what they mean about "took control of her body"? Because the last time I checked the only thing you can do is eat right, take your vitamins & suppliments & get plenty of rest after birth. You can't just say "okay body do as I say now".

I dont remeber who said it, but several doctors said that for women that are having their 2. child and had a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery, its not a problem to go home the same day. They will be visited by a doctor/OBGYN at home.

Dont know if they can be called old but they are not the most recent pictures

Attachments

• 1200206132901.jpg
    1200206132901.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 546
  • D_6054.jpg
    D_6054.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 961
  • mettemarit.jpg
    mettemarit.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 639
  • mettemarit1.jpg
    mettemarit1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 488
  • mettemarit2.jpg
    mettemarit2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 519
  • mette-marit2.jpg
    mette-marit2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 541
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Thanks Larzen! Great pictures. I should have said pictures of former events and not old pictures. Remember to save the wedding pics for the wedding forum.

Visit to Østfold in November 2001

Attachments

• KRONPRINSPARET_15615a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15615a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 717
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15616a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15616a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 519
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15467a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15467a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 427
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15463a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15463a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 420
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15401a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15401a.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 385
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15400a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15400a.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 421
  • KONGEPARET_15406a.jpg
    KONGEPARET_15406a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 432
  • KONGEPARET_15408a.jpg
    KONGEPARET_15408a.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 517
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15405a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15405a.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 423
More from that visit

Attachments

• null_15666a.jpg
    null_15666a.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 457
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15701a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15701a.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 460
  • null_15664a.jpg
    null_15664a.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 448
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15661a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15661a.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 454
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15659a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15659a.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 461
  • KRONPRINSPARET_15673a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_15673a.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 455
Visit to Trøndelag from 29.09.2001-?

2. Giving her very first speech

7.With her former secretary Hilde Haraldstad

Attachments

• DOMB_S_-_BARN__9380a.jpg
    DOMB_S_-_BARN__9380a.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 331
  • KRONPRINSPARET_9371a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_9371a.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 337
  • KRONPRINSPARET_9372a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_9372a.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 344
  • KRONPRINSPARET_9374a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_9374a.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 311
  • KRONPRINSPARET_9377a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_9377a.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 616
  • METTE_-_MARIT_9375a.jpg
    METTE_-_MARIT_9375a.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 384
  • METTE_-_MARIT_9376a.jpg
    METTE_-_MARIT_9376a.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 670
  • METTE_-_MARIT__9378a.jpg
    METTE_-_MARIT__9378a.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:
Nationalday, "the sunburn year"

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 472
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 442
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 560
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Visit to Etne 14.08.02

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 438
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 420
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 401
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Some pictures of the first things she did after the wedding alone and with haakon

1 Honeymoon in New York
2 Lightening the X-mas three dec 2001 and giving her very first speech in English
3 Visit to Haugesund to an anti racism project-colourful footbal
4 Giving a speech to mark the year of voulenteer work
5 Visiting the yearly journalist meeting
6 Visiting the Olymics in Salt Lake City
7 Second Solo engagement november 2001, attending a gymnastics jubilee in Oslo (First was the womens Soccer cup-finale)
8 Third Solo engagement waching a fashionshow by designstudents in a church

Attachments

• turn_14510a.jpg
    turn_14510a.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 377
  • null_32304a.jpg
    null_32304a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 423
  • KRONPRINSPARET_17457a.jpg
    KRONPRINSPARET_17457a.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 420
  • KRONPRINSPAR_18801a.jpg