Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 3; January 2013 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events
Part 3

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Norway Moderators

Last edited:
In Indien will stricter the surrogate law (Mette-Marit wanted to help, but made this case from bad to worse with her action. I think, many-many people in the world are now very angry with her.)
GGG.at: Keine indischen Leihmütter mehr für schwule Paare
Google Fordító

Why do you think she made this case from bad to worse? I don`t see anything wrong in that she wanted to help out here friends, i think this says so much about what kind of caring person she is:)

Yes, she wanted to help. But with her action she made attention on this problem, and it seems, it had a bad consequence for all participants. Also I think, that it is very respectable what she made for her friends, and I hoped that this case ended not so for the people, who would like to have children on this way.

Yes, she wanted to help. But with her action she made attention on this problem, and it seems, it had a bad consequence for all participants. Also I think, that it is very respectable what she made for her friends, and I hoped that this case ended not so for the people, who would like to have children on this way.

First off, how? How did what HRH do make this worse? I haven't heard much of anything regarding her going to India to take care of the Twins since it happened, so...?

Secondly, isn't that part of the role of a Royal these days, to bring attention to conditions/issues that really need to be talked about? So how did getting the Public and also Politicians to talk about this problem a bad thing?

I admired her before she did this, but that feeling skyrocketed after the news about this broke. It's awfully hard sometimes for someone to live up to their own principles and beliefs, even more so for a Royal. From what I understand, HRH talked it over w/the Crown Prince knowing what the fallout very well could end up being, but after talking it over, took an educated risk and went to India.

As I said, I have even more respect for HRH now over this than ever before.

Yes, maybe you haven't heard of anything about it, but I am sure, that in India would it a huge discussion, because through her trip would this problem known in the whole world. Or do you think, only we royalwatchers heard the news about her action?
And yes, it is the part of their role to bring attention on problems. And she made it excellent... But India adjudged. Not she.

I don't read in the article she made the case worse. It was now or later that India would've come out with such a law as they strongly disagree with gat marriage and moreover gay couples having children. MM didn't break the law for the country to come out with such laws all of a sudden. I personally think its just a coincidence that she was there shortly before the new law / rule came out.

Well I think she is a great friend to do this for people she cares for , and the law would of come out sooner or later

Yes, maybe you haven't heard of anything about it, but I am sure, that in India would it a huge discussion, because through her trip would this problem known in the whole world. Or do you think, only we royalwatchers heard the news about her action?
And yes, it is the part of their role to bring attention on problems. And she made it excellent... But India adjudged. Not she.

Outside of India and Norway, yes. I live in Canada and know quite a few people who keep very up to date w/what's going on in the World who never heard about this until I told them. All of them to a person said, "Well, of course you heard about it. A Royal is involved."

I think it was a matter of this is when the law went through, it was going through regardless due to India's feelings about Gay People and Gay Rights and this is when it happened. Nothing to do w/Mette-Marit's actions at all.

Ok, ok, maybe you all are right, and her action has not to do with this law. And royals have today not so big influence on such decisions. It is a little bit sad, because she fight for good things, and I like her for this. The world would be a little bit better...

Serious criticism on Mette-Marit (but I think on this way we can critise all rich people...):

the difference is that "rich people" are not always involved in charitable causes or represent the poorest and most unprotected people. that's what the author says. that for example, "The price for one of the most exclusive designer dresses for Crown Princess Mette-Marit can provide 5,000 AIDS-affected one daily ration of essential medicines, says Danish journalist and author. "

here's a translation of the article:

Google Translate

On February 10, MM will attend the inauguration of the Northern Lights Cathedral Alta

Programme

Today, February 25, 2013, CP Mette-Marit is attending the conference "VelFERDkonferansen" - "Resources gone astray" at the Astrup Fearnley Museum in Oslo.

At 14.30 there will be a livestream here Direktesending | Velferdkonferansen 2013
At that time CP Mette-Marit and Johan H. Andresen will have a conversation on stage with Stig Skaar and Maria Christensen from Pøbelprosjektet (a project the CP Couple's Fund is supporting).

From 14.50 to 15.30 CP Mette-Marit attends the awarding of the Social Entrepreneur of the Year.

CP Haakon is with CP Mette-Marit.

Last edited:
She was especially beautiful and well dressed, I approve very much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom