Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, she held her whole speech in German! And even with quite a good pronounciation. She admitted afterwards "I actually don't speak German", which makes it more impressive.

She did it great. I am deeply impressed by the whole gala.

Is it true that Norvegian language is very close to German ?

Last edited:
Holding a speech in a language you actually don't speak is really brave and impressive. Mette-Marit indeed had quite a good pronounciation. Hearing her speaking German was great. It was great to see her being honoured for her great work.:flowers:

I am very impressed by Mette-Marit's ability to hold an entire speech in German.
The dress isn't my favourite but the Princess looked radiant and very happy.

Is it true that Norvegian language is very close to German ?
i believe its Dutch that is very close to German. Norwegen is on the other hand close to Swedish. Not sure about Danish, but from what ive read in Danish, its has very similar words in Norwegen and Swedish, so it must be close to or somewhat similar.

Is this event also reported in the Norwegian press?

:previous:
And one more.

Crown Princess receives German "Golden Heart" award
Crown Princess Mette-Marit received a prestigious award for her work with children at a charity gala in Germany this weekend. The Crown Princess' popularity in Germany does not seem to falter. This weekend, she was the star at the German charity gala "Ein Hertz für Kinder" in Berlin, and received an award for her own work with children and youth.

A slightly off-topic question, but could someone tell me what earrings is the princess wearing in the attached picture? They are lovely!

Attachments

• mette-marit_0.jpg
    mette-marit_0.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10,614
i believe its Dutch that is very close to German. Norwegen is on the other hand close to Swedish. Not sure about Danish, but from what ive read in Danish, its has very similar words in Norwegen and Swedish, so it must be close to or somewhat similar.

All the three, Swedish, Norwegians and Danish are similar. In fact, norwegian (the bokmal) is a sort of a norwegian version of danish, if this makes sense. Norway was in a union with Denmark for like 4 centuries and the official language of the union (and thus of norway) was the danish. Then when they became independent they transformed the language to what it is bokmal. But it's still very similar with danish, perhaps more than with swedish. But all of the three I very similar at the end.
They are all germanic languages but dutch and german are west germanic while the scandinavian languages are north germanic.

Last edited:
Dear All, can somebody help me? I am searching a pic of Mette-Marit from the recent time - she does not wear make-up and is with 2-3 other women (one woman is black) Thx, Maria

Dear All, can somebody help me? I am searching a pic of Mette-Marit from the recent time - she does not wear make-up and is with 2-3 other women (one woman is black) Thx, Maria

Is it not the picture what Fairy Tale posted before our posts? From 12-13-2012, under her post is a picture about Mette-Marit with two woman from FOKUS.

No - it is not from December - but from this year - it is in our forum - and I cannot find it. Does anybody know? Mette wears a long collier with a ball.....I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Can Anybody remember on a photo of this year from Mette-Marit where with 2-3 other women?

Can Anybody remember on a photo of this year from Mette-Marit where with 2-3 other women?

I don't know, what of photo do you mean... Was it in an official occasion?
Here is a link with 2046 pictures of Mette-Marit from 2012, so maybe you can find it:
kronprinsesse mette | Scanpix

Maybe this?:
http://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview....&search.timeLimit=2012&search.tabId=editorial

And also one gallery from 2012:
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...wiYnIiOlsiMDoxNDExOk1ldHRlLU1hcml0IDIwMTIiXX0

Last edited:
Does anybody know what they say about Mette-Marit? I find her mother soooo sweet...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom