Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit opens the World’s first Osmotic Power Plant - Nov.09

A big event for Mette Marit took place today. She inaugurated the world’s first osmotic power plant at Tofte, outside Oslo. Here is info about the new plant.

It seems that this plant work is a big step in the fight Climate Change.The plant produces emissions-free electricity by mixing fresh water and sea water through a special membrane.

The world’s first osmotic power prototype opens today - Statkraft

Osmotic power is a renewable and emissions-free energy source that Statkraft has been researching into for 10 years and that will be capable of making a substantial global contribution to eco-friendly power production.

“This new technology generates electricity simply by mixing water. New solutions to meet the climate challenges might be closer than we expect, which makes me confident that the future looks bright."

Mix salt water with fresh water and there you have it: instant carbon-neutral energy
"For now the plant has a limited production capacity and will focus mainly on testing and developing the technology for commercial application"

Articles:
Norway opens world's first osmotic power plant | Green Business | Reuters

Osmotic power plant to receive royal debut in Norway | Cleantech Group

AFP: Harnessing the power of salt, Norway tries osmotic power

Photos:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16705173.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16705298.jpg

Last edited:
The more I see her, the more I love her, she's so likeable !
These pix are really great ! Thanks
She seems more busy than ever nowadays

Thanks for the pictures. MM looked nice for a change in the white workers helmet and the saftey glasses at the event. This is an interesting production, hope it works well and its nice to see MM giving the support.

Nov 25, 2009 - Crown Princess Mette-Marit is welcomed by gen.major Jan F. Blom, commander of Bergenhus castle where she will present the winner Ian Hacking with the Holberg Award.

ANP picture gallery

Last edited:
She is very active these days I am quite delighted !

i actually found this out at work the other day in an article where they mentioned about MM's "patronage" of the project, i was delighted to hear! it's a huge step and very appropriate now with the copenhagen summit. i'm glad she decided to cooperate to make the project more popular.

She looks phantastic and beautiful.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit during her visit to the Red
Crown 60 year's anniversary in Oslo, Norway, December
4, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Mette Marit and Environmental Design

i read in the CPs facebook webpage that "Like the Crown Prince, the Crown Princess is engaged in environmental issues, and takes a special interest in the field of environmental design."

i didn't know this was one field of action for mette marit and would like to know what sort of activities or patronages she has in the field. what kind of activities does she usually perform in this area?

Hi to all!

Just wish to say that I'm much excited that Princess Mette-Marit will be visiting my country - Malaysia the very 1st time!!!!! I wonder if there'll be hats and beautiful dinner gowns with tiaras for functions and ceremonies?

Hi to all!

Just wish to say that I'm much excited that Princess Mette-Marit will be visiting my country - Malaysia the very 1st time!!!!! I wonder if there'll be hats and beautiful dinner gowns with tiaras for functions and ceremonies?

Dear Mushroom-Pie, You can find the programm of the visiy here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-malaysia-march-2010-a-26625.html#post1039164

Unfornunately, it is early for discussion of the planned visit, so please be patient.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited Hvalstad school in Asker Sunday afternoon. She came to take part in a"ski-day" for underage asylum seekers. The Crown Princess participated actively in activities as tobogganing, cross country and barbecuing of hot dogs on the campfire in the approximately 10 degrees centigrade below zero-temperature. The Crown Princess also showed herself as an able ski-instructor for the young people as well as showing definite signs of enjoying herself.

Kongelig skilærer for en dag - kjendis - Dagbladet.no
Google Traducir

Mette-Marit – skilærer for en dag - Østlandssendingen - NRK Nyheter

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
I don't think there can be another Princess more likeable than her !

What a neat young woman. It's so neat to see her dig in and participate and get snowy also!:flowers: Thanks all for the articles and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom