Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen the documentary about her life, also some moments about her working days, but no one of us know her personally, so we don't know exactly, what does she really make. Maybe she works hard, maybe doesn't. But we should make a difference between people, who are backround-worker and people who earn a lot of money to represent the work of these background-worker. She has a special role in the norwegian sociaty and also in the world, she should and could make much more for her country! I think she has enough people around her, who can make the backstage-work.

But if she is ill, than we can't make anything, only waiting for the next event, to see her.

Mette-Marit will take part at the German charity gala "Ein Herz für Kinder".

IMO she will receive the Golden Heart of "Ein Herz für Kinder" for her humanitarian work against AIDS.

Google Übersetzer

It seems MM is healthy and works again. She wrote on her Twitter on 21. November, that she met with Jacqueline Novogratz (https://twitter.com/jnovogratz), who wrote that she had a good meeting with NORAD. If I remember correctly MM worked with NORAD in beginning of her time as crownprincess...

There is some enlightenment why CP Mette-Marit didn't attend the gala dinner for Stortinget in the end of October. There is an article on the NRF website that she went to India at the end of October (23.-28.) to take care of two newborn babies lying alone in a hospital while their fathers were waiting for visas. The childrens' fathers are close friends of Mette-Marit, one of them is the manager of The Crown Prince Couple'S Fund at 80%, the other one works in the Royal Secretariat. Crown Princess returned to Norway after the childrens' immediate family arrived and took responsibility.
The embassy in New Delhi was notified that she came on private travel. She stayed at the hotel and the trip was paid for by private funds.

There is also a statement of her:
"Sometimes in life, one is in a difficult situation with few or no good solutions. It is in this situation that one has to make hard decisions, even though it may have a price. I saw this as such a situation.

For me this about two newborn lying alone in a hospital in Delhi. I was the one who could travel. For me it was important to contribute what I could do.

After discussing the issue with my husband, I took my decision. He agreed that I should go.

There is an important debate in the community about surrogati. For me, this was not meant as a post in this debate. For me, this turned out that I was the one who could help two newborn who was alone in the world."

kongehuset.no - Kronprinsessen i India
Google Translation

Wow!!

My admiration for this lady has just grown. Good for HRH!!

There is some enlightenment why CP Mette-Marit didn't attend the gala dinner for Stortinget in the end of October. There is an article on the NRF website that she went to India at the end of October (23.-28.) to take care of two newborn babies lying alone in a hospital while their fathers were waiting for visas. The childrens' fathers are close friends of Mette-Marit, one of them is the manager of The Crown Prince Couple'S Fund at 80%, the other one works in the Royal Secretariat. Crown Princess returned to Norway after the childrens' immediate family arrived and took responsibility.
The embassy in New Delhi was notified that she came on private travel. She stayed at the hotel and the trip was paid for by private funds.

There is also a statement of her:
"Sometimes in life, one is in a difficult situation with few or no good solutions. It is in this situation that one has to make hard decisions, even though it may have a price. I saw this as such a situation.

For me this about two newborn lying alone in a hospital in Delhi. I was the one who could travel. For me it was important to contribute what I could do.

After discussing the issue with my husband, I took my decision. He agreed that I should go.

There is an important debate in the community about surrogati. For me, this was not meant as a post in this debate. For me, this turned out that I was the one who could help two newborn who was alone in the world."

kongehuset.no - Kronprinsessen i India
Google Translation

Oh my God! I had the feeling in that period, that something is wrong with her, but I meant something is with her children or with her mother... This woman is incredible! She can always surprise the world. And what she now did... Respect! :flowers:

An artical about this travel:

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2012/12/03/mette-marit-aided-surrogate-parents/

After that I read this, I had the feeling, that she get some negative comments for it. As a human, it is fantastic what she made, but it seems it was not legal or not really the best choice for a crownprincess... But we love her, because she is not so usual, "regulated" as the most crownprincesses in the world...

Other articals:
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10056319
http://translate.google.hu/translat...nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10056319

... with a photo and video about the hospital, and some explanations to this case:
http://www.h-avis.no/nyheter/mette-marit-pa-hemmelig-surrogatioppdrag-i-india-1.7668147
http://translate.google.hu/translat...a-hemmelig-surrogatioppdrag-i-india-1.7668147

Last edited:
CP Mette-Marit visited Vennesla Library and Vennesla Volunteer Bureau today, December 4, 2012.
Picture 1 (from the CP Couple's twitter page)
Picture 2
Picture 3

article with picture gallery
Eventyrstund med Mette-Marit - fvn.no
Google Translation

with a video: http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=103688
Google Translation

Presently the Crown Princess is holding a press conference in Vennesla about the controversial trip to India.
Mette-Marit svarer p surrogati-kritikken - Kjendis
Google Translation

video of her talking to the press http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/sorlandet/1.9383875
Google Translation

Last edited:
Mette-Marit flew to India to mind same-sex friends' surrogate twins
Crown Princess Mette-Marit has gone above and beyond the call of duty for those closest to her. When two friends were unable to travel to India to welcome their surrogate twin babies, the royal flew there herself to keep the little ones company until their parents could arrive. Mette-Marit stayed by the newborns' side for three days, and was so attentive that hospital staff mistook Norway's future queen for a nanny.

Two fathers, an Indian surrogate mother and Crown Princess Mette-Marit in an unusual role| kp.ru

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's coup de main is odd. It is inappropriate for her to take an advantage of her social position in such way. Has Crown Princess Mette-Marit got a diplomatic passport? If yes, did she use it to take the baby out of the country? I wonder what problems the couple had with paperwork. If paperwork is in order, it takes one day in Kazakhstan to get a visa to India. Crown Princess Mette-Marit seems not to suffer from her usual flight phobia when dealing with her personal affairs.
On a different note, it is surprising that the surrogate motherhood is prohibited in Norway, a supposedly progressive enlightened nation.

Last edited:
I feel for these women who are so poor that they serve as surrogate mothers to get money. It´s sickening how socially weak people are exploited. This is just my opinion of course..

That is exactly why I admire her. She is different and obviously also a good friend.

Al_bina said:
Has Crown Princess Mette-Marit got a diplomatic passport? If yes, did she use it to take the baby out of the country?
Did she take the babies out? I think she only visited, in her words, so that the babies wouldn't be alone.

Two fathers, an Indian surrogate mother and Crown Princess Mette-Marit in an unusual role| kp.ru

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's coup de main is odd. It is inappropriate for her to take an advantage of her social position in such way. Has Crown Princess Mette-Marit got a diplomatic passport? If yes, did she use it to take the baby out of the country? I wonder what problems the couple had with paperwork. If paperwork is in order, it takes one day in Kazakhstan to get a visa to India. Crown Princess Mette-Marit seems not to suffer from her usual flight phobia when dealing with her personal affairs.
On a different note, it is surprising that the surrogate motherhood is prohibited in Norway, a supposedly progressive enlightened nation.

It looks like she was there until the parents arrived, how did she take advantage of her social standing if she was essentially babysitting?? She didn't take the baby out of the country personally from what's reported, so all that can be said about her is she will go out of her way for her friends.

Wonderful of her to be there for her friends like that! Such a terrific friend!

Thanks for correcting me! :flowers:I misread the article.
Crown Princess Mette-Marit might be a terrific friend. However, the whole situation is akin a cheap PR trick used by politicians to improve their popularity. She could have done her duties of the terrific friend without advertising it. Just very cheap.

Last edited:
Thanks for correcting me! :flowers:I misread the article.
Crown Princess Mette-Marit might be a terrific friend. However, the whole situation is akin a cheap PR trick used by politicians to improve their popularity. She could have done her duties of the terrific friends without advertising it. Just very cheap.

What makes you think she advertised it? It sounds like someone who saw her talked to the press.

^^^^
News of her trip to India had already been out before her press conference where she explained her reasons for the trip so hardly a cheap PR stunt on her part.

^^^^
News of her trip to India had already been out before her press conference where she explained her reasons for the trip so hardly a cheap PR stunt on her part.

Exactly. She didn't advertise her role in this, but when it got out, she clarified it so that it wouldn't be misunderstood.

I think it's lovely that she cares that much about her staff.

Lovely little video !!!! Thanks so much
Ps I LOVE the plait !

The CP-couple Facebook site has a photo about MM when she visited in Vennesla the 80 old years Judith Fauske, and there is also a video when she is reading the book for the kids. Unfortunately I can't attached this, if anybody find them and could help, than thanks in advance.

The CP-couple Facebook site has a photo about MM when she visited in Vennesla the 80 old years Judith Fauske, and there is also a video when she is reading the book for the kids. Unfortunately I can't attached this, if anybody find them and could help, than thanks in advance.

Here is the photo you are talking about Timeline Photos | Facebook :flowers:
and the video (it was also posted on the NRF-website kongehuset.no - Lesestund i biblioteket)
Kronprinsessen i Vennesla - YouTube

CP Mette-Marit granted representatives of the Kristiansand International Children's Film Festival, the Norwegian Council for Mental Health, Risør Chamber Music Festival, the Norwegian Red Cross and FOKUS Forum for women and development audience yesterday, December 12, 2012.

Picture (with chief executive Gro Lindstad and director Rina Mariann Hansen (left) from FOKUS)

Mette-Marit sent a Christmas-Card to Frog Pearl to thank the jewellery what she got from the firm. Frog Pearl was founded in 2011 and sells tough pearl jewelery with an ethical profile online. The jewelery is made ​​of genuine freshwater pearls and sterling silver.

Frogpearl AB - Kronprinsessan Mette Marit av Norge har Frogpearls pärlsmycken - Mynewsdesk

http://translate.google.hu/translat...t-av-norge-har-frogpearls-paerlsmycken-822475

Pearls Jewellery | Frogpearl -*Buy authentic pearl jewellery online

She receives the honorary prize of the foundation for her work for children.

Former royal laureates:

Princess Charlene of Monaco, Queen Silvia of Sweden, Prince Harry of Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom