Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM looked so cute holding the animals.

As a keen "animal-lover" myself I´m so happy to see the CPss like that! I just wished to see Haakon on horseback, too - but I think he cannot ride?

It's a pleasure see Mette Marit and Haakon so happy and relaxed after the sad days following the attacks the last July.

This is the first time I have ever seen MM on a horse;)

I love Mette-Marit... and animals, especially babies ! I love these pix !

Great pics. I love to see this couple. I am amazed how close they seem be. This is a wonderful couple.

Thank you Iceflower. Ooh I do love the traditional Norwegean costume. Mette-Marit is just such a sweetie.

I love the bunad and Sverre is really a cutie !

A very lovely picture. I am a little bit surprised, that her bodyguard is so nearly to her (if they were in circle of relatives).

Her bodyguard? I think the blonde man in the background is her brother(?) He is (was?), as far as I know, an aide at the royal court.

No, he is her bodyguard, you can see him very often with MM.

A very lovely picture. I am a little bit surprised, that her bodyguard is so nearly to her (if they were in circle of relatives).

he is the bodyguard , he usually is near , when I did seen her in person he was by her side

No, he is her bodyguard, you can see him very often with MM.

Well, in that case she must have two, because there´s another one who seems a bit younger, has a little longer hair and is blonder (he´s always with the family, last time for the anniversary service at Oslo cathedral last week)

Mette-Marit is at the moment in India-controlled Kashmir's cold region of Ladakh for over two weeks. It's a 16-day private visit during which she will go for trekking in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. She is scheduled to start trekking on September 19 and the trip is scheduled to end on September 30 after passing through many picturesque valleys and mountains in Leh district of Ladakh region. While two security personnel from Norway will be accompanying the crown princess, the state police has been requested to provide two English-speaking personal security officers to her, they said. “The state police has been requested to keep the visit very private while making unobtrusive security arrangements for the dignitary,” a senior official from the VIP security cell in New Delhi wrote to J-K DGP Kuldeep Khoda.

Ladakh is a Buddhist region of Kashmir which was hit by a devastating landslide last year, which left hundreds of people killed and thousands of others homeless.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2011-09-16/content_3802871.html
Princess of Norway to visit Leh

Mette-Marit is at the moment in India-controlled Kashmir's cold region of Ladakh for over two weeks. It's a 16-day private visit during which she will go for trekking in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. She is scheduled to start trekking on September 19 and the trip is scheduled to end on September 30 after passing through many picturesque valleys and mountains in Leh district of Ladakh region. While two security personnel from Norway will be accompanying the crown princess, the state police has been requested to provide two English-speaking personal security officers to her, they said. “The state police has been requested to keep the visit very private while making unobtrusive security arrangements for the dignitary,” a senior official from the VIP security cell in New Delhi wrote to J-K DGP Kuldeep Khoda.

Ladakh is a Buddhist region of Kashmir which was hit by a devastating landslide last year, which left hundreds of people killed and thousands of others homeless.

Norwegian princess to visit Indian-controlled Kashmir|chinadaily.com.cn
Princess of Norway to visit Leh

Good for her! She has a really interesting life!! She seems to be an Far-East fan... But it is a little strange. I looked a map... Why there? Europe has also much wonderful places, mountains...

Other artical, maybe it has an occassion, why she make this trip, not only for amusement:

KashmirWatch - Latest News & In-depth Coverage on Kashmir Conflict

More information and pictures about the region:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leh

http://www.hearty-india.com/2011/06/leh-largest-town-of-ladakh.html

http://www.hearty-india.com/2011/06/ladakh-not-on-earth-little-above.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Their friendship is not new, I have already seen several pix of them together !

Yes, I know that this friendship is not new, but it was always only a rumour. And many pictures about the Madonna concert... I haven't seen another pictures with them. But now Gwyneth said in an interwiev, that they are really good friends and spend many time with eachother.

wow I already read about this wellness trip in Carinthia this weekend here in our local newspaper but I couldn't believe the rumour was true .... .

What a silly headline in Bunte-it could be translated as "She was here on a secret well-being mission"...why shouldn´t royals have some time to relax like us normal people?It´s good that she is taking some quality time for herself and recover from the unhappy events and forget the stress and pressure...Carinthia is very beautiful and there are a lot of things to do to and see to feel better :)

What a silly headline in Bunte-it could be translated as "She was here on a secret well-being mission"...why shouldn´t royals have some time to relax like us normal people?It´s good that she is taking some quality time for herself and recover from the unhappy events and forget the stress and pressure...Carinthia is very beautiful and there are a lot of things to do to and see to feel better :)
How right you are ! :flowers:

Queen Sonja herself has been several times a guest of this hotel in Carinthia. Apparently she recommended the hotel to Mette-Marit ;-)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended a seminar on psychic health care in the aftermath
of the terror attacks of 22 July, October 19, 2011 in Oslo.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Daring outfit (for her) it suits her extremely ! Lovely !

CP Mette-Marit will be present at the opening of the new Seamen's Church in Miami. The celebration starts on Saturday November 19, 2011 with an open house, barbecue and activities for children. Each room, including conference rooms, cafeteria and reading room will then inaugurated with speeches. Sunday is the feast worship, church coffee and party.
The Norwegian royal family has good connections with the Seamen's Church. During his visit to San Francisco Tuesday Crown Prince Haakon visited Seamen's Church there, while King and Queen ended their U.S. visit with worship and church coffee in the Seamen's Church in New York. It is named after King Olav V, while the Seamen's Church in Paris takes its name from Queen Sonja. It entails no obligation to give name to a Seamen's Church.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/sorlandet/1.7850010
Google Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom