The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
[...]

Beatrix and Claus could at least be respected by 'nette linkse mensen' (decent left people). It is much more difficult in this case. Apart from that, Wilders does not like the monarchy and his kind of voters are jealous of anybody with a penny more to spend. It is no surprise the support for the monarchy has been eroding. Only 65% now... It was not so long ago that the support was around 85-95%!
So far Mr Wilders has never attacked the King. He has continuously attacked Queen Beatrix, especially because she is one of those "nette linkse mensen"...

Old 02-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
In society, and money circles, the couple is far from unknown. Flipos is a Greek shipping heir. He and his brother are among the many extremely wealthy Greeks who have moved into London the last decade. The bride is a well known jewelry designer. Her clientele includes royals, including Maxima.

Designer: Marianna Goulandris | ModekoninginMaxima.nl
The new Mrs. L is herself a member of a wellknown greek shipping family
and "neighbour" in Greece.Friends do tend to attend eachothers weddings...Royals or not...

HRH Princess Ariane was bridesmaid.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
The new Mrs. L is herself a member of a wellknown greek shipping family
and "neighbour" in Greece.Friends do tend to attend eachothers weddings...Royals or not...

HRH Princess Ariane was bridesmaid.
As was her sister Princess Alexia.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Both were bridesmaids.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts about the painted portraits of the king and queen have been moved here.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Dutch king more indulgent of subjects | Daily Mail Online

Boy sends love letter to Dutch princess gets reply from King, Queen | NL Times

Princess Ariane have a admirer!! His name is Rene , he is from Tilburg and hoping to see Princess on the King's Day!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

We told her not so often, but Amalia's statements are always special. Here is a list of ten funny, wisecracking and adult quotes princess.

10 bijzondere citaten van de Prinses van Oranje | De Oranjes
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfanvivian View Post
We told her not so often, but Amalia's statements are always special. Here is a list of ten funny, wisecracking and adult quotes princess.

10 bijzondere citaten van de Prinses van Oranje | De Oranjes

Nice
Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSnowwhite View Post
Nice
Pity is not in English, I can not read Dutch!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Pity is not in English, I can not read Dutch!
at the right side of the page there's a small box under "selecteer je taal" , if you choose "engels" there, it translates the page

other option is google translate:
https://translate.google.com/transla...e-prinses.html
Old 03-06-2017, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
at the right side of the page there's a small box under "selecteer je taal" , if you choose "engels" there, it translates the page

other option is google translate:
https://translate.google.com/transla...e-prinses.html
Thank you!, it is cute!
Old 03-06-2017, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some translations in google are a bit wobbly. I have repaired it a bit for a better understanding:

"Jááhááá!"

Amalia yelled this several times in response to photographers who simultaneously called out her name during a photo-shoot in Lech. (2006)

"Uh oh... do I get a new one?"
Amalia - after she felt a bit too hard on a egg (during the colouring of Easter eggs) and it smashed into pieces on the ground. (2006)

"All wave now!"
Amalia called this during a photo-shoot on her sister Alexia's second birthday. Her father bursted out in laughter and added: "Genetically determined." (2007)

"I know, but I am just Amalia"
Amalia's response to her father, when he once asked her if she knows she's a princess? Willem-Alexander told this to journalists during a press briefing. (2010)

"Maybe I can buy something, but that would really be a waste of my money"
Amalia was asked what present she would buy for her mother. (2011)

"How many years will you do it?"
Amalia against her father when she was told that her grandmother was going to abdicate as Queen. (2013)

"No way! I am not wearing that!"
Amalia about the design of her dress for the Investiture. Couturier Eduard Vermeulen then suggested that every princess could draw their own dress. (2013)

"Where should I look? I do not have eight eyes!"
Amalia from the train, to photographers who shouted "This way! This way!" (2013)

"Foul start!!!"
Amalia at King's Day when she could fire the start shot on the running track and one of the athletes left too early. (2014)

"I can not judge because I have not seen everything"
Amalia asked which part she liked at King's Day. (2016)
Old 03-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Administrator

King Willem-Alexander and the three princesses attended the Indoor Brabant horse jumping event yesterday, March 12:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **
Old 03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Is it just me, or are there only two princesses on the photos?
Old 03-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In the above photos yes, but on other websites Amalia is shown too, i think...
Springruiters verwennen fans tijdens Indoor Brabant | NOS

google translated
Old 03-14-2017, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I had seen a video as well, so I knew that all of them had attended. As I couldn't find any other gallery, I had expected and hoped this one would get updated..
Old 03-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Administrator

It is election time. Queen Máxima is being attacked by the Christian Democratic Party (!) for having a double passport. Their leader talked to radio1, where he held a plea for abolishing the possibility for Dutch citizens to have double passports.

Quite a curious election strategy of the Christian Democrats. I would think the last thing they want -one day before the elections- is to attack the most popular person of the country. The prime minister has had a very few days.

The monarchy does not need enemies with friends like that.

Sybrand Buma: ?Ook koningin Máxima moet dubbele paspoort inleveren? - NPO Radio 1
Old 03-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

But what is the problem of Queen Maxima having a double passport?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
But what is the problem of Queen Maxima having a double passport?
It is just the principle. Second or third or four generation Dutch-born and Dutch-raised citizens still having a double citizenship and seeing the long arm from Ankara or Rabat reaching them is seen as problematic by some political parties. When the Turkish President Erdogan claims "It are MY citizens, it are MY voters, it are MY Turks" he is simply 100% correct. For an example in Germany we are speaking about 3,5 million (!) Germans with also a Turkish passport. More and more politicians feel that this double nationality leads to undesireable situations.

When then a politician says: "We should no longer accept the existence of a double nationality" then the consequence indeed could be that Queen Máxima, still a citizen of the Republic of Argentina, has to loose her Argentinean nationality. Not because there is any problem with her but as a matter of principle. The law is applicable for anyone, Queen Máxima included.

Note that the proposal does not enforce someone to give up their Turkish or Moroccoan nationality. They can choose for their Turkish passport if they want, with as a consequence that they loose their Dutch passport (and loose EU-citizenship as a consequence). 99% of all these folks will count their options and choose the Dutch passport and that means that finally they are 100% Dutch citizens and that they are no longer of interest for Ankara or Rabat. The proposal of this politician is relatively moderate in comparison with other politicians (like Geert Wilders from the PVV) who wants every citizen with a double passport doing a crime, no matter how petty, loose their Dutch citizenship and kicked out of the country.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't it the case that she has double nationality because it is impossible to renounce Argentinean nationality?

Quote:
Het is op dit moment dan ook niet mogelijk voor de koningin om afstand te doen van haar Argentijnse nationaliteit, zo erkent Buma.

Closed Thread

Tags
general news, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima