Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

QUEEN MAXIMA 2017 | Selda Göktaş

Old 02-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Wonderful dress for Maxima (bought by Victoria of Sweden too) but what a pity the weight of Amalia !!!!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Wonderful dress for Maxima (bought by Victoria of Sweden too) but what a pity the weight of Amalia !!!!
Don't you think it is insensitive to criticize a 13-year-old-girl for her body weight ?
Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, for a public person as the Princess of Orange, for the daughter of such a glamorous mother, her appearance is remarkable. It is (or will) be commented in all social media and in online comments. I for myself think: she is 13, in the middle of her puberty. She seems to be a sporty lady (field hockey and horseriding) so maybe it is part of her transformation. She is only 13, I have the idea she will tower above her mother and equal her father in length...
Old 02-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Don't you think it is insensitive to criticize a 13-year-old-girl for her body weight ?
Yes, I also think commenting on children's weight or appearance in a negative way is particularly nasty.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Majesty

She is like young Queens Wilhemina, Juliana , Beatrix ...
Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
and Queen Emma and King Willem-Alexander... possibly the Waldeck-Pyrmont DNA since it more or less started with Queen Emma.

In my personal opinion Princess Catharina-Amalia looks very much like her ancestress Queen Emma, born Princess von Waldeck und Pyrmont: picture
Old 02-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I agree, Amalia is very much an "Oranje"
Old 02-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Although probably it is not good to talk about a 13 year old weight. It is true and a fact she is in the heavy side. I am sure Maxima is monitoring her weight, but she probably hit puberty and it is in her DNA the heavy side. And it is difficult to make a 13 year old to have a diet and doesn't matter how much sport she does, some times it is not enough . She will probably have to deal with it in the years to come
Old 02-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Although probably it is not good to talk about a 13 year old weight. It is true and a fact she is in the heavy side. I am sure Maxima is monitoring her weight, but she probably hit puberty and it is in her DNA the heavy side. And it is difficult to make a 13 year old to have a diet and doesn't matter how much sport she does, some times it is not enough . She will probably have to deal with it in the years to come
Her sister Princess Alexia seems to have the "blossoming variety" as well but it is also very much what is understood as "Hollands Welvaren", which usually stands for blossoming babies and fuller girls as a token of a rich and prosperous country of plenty.

Example: http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...rdracht-44.jpg
Old 02-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Majesty

amalia's weight should not be a topic of discussion. she is a minor and should grow up in an environment free from bullying - online and in real life. i am sure her parents are aware of child obesity and are working to develop amalia into a healthy person.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone sees it but we all try to avoid the hot porridge. Social Media is not kind. Already at the Investiture, when Amalia looked very charming in my eyes, there were floods of comments about her not-so-skinny appearance. That is life anno 2017. She is the future Queen of the Netherlands, the future personification of the country. Her head will be on Euro coins. Her portrait will hang in courtrooms, her bustes will be present in municipal buildings. No wonder that people have an opinion on what they see about the lady who will be heir head of state.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, then let's start here to make a difference and *not* discuss the figure of a minor
Old 02-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

And with that sensible remark, let's move on.
Further posts about the weight-issue will be deleted.

-----------

It is rather exceptional for the Dutch RF to be seen at a jetset wedding in public. Not the best idea considering the King and his wife already have the image of being jetsetty and 'poenering' (flashy with money).
Old 02-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

May I ask the obvious, who are these Greek shipping people who are so well connected to European royalty?
Old 02-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
May I ask the obvious, who are these Greek shipping people who are so well connected to European royalty?
The Grandfather of the bride from her mother Vardis Vardinogiannis have the same area in Porto Heli house as King Konstantinos and King Willem Alexander! Probably meeting there!!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
And with that sensible remark, let's move on.
Further posts about the weight-issue will be deleted.

-----------

It is rather exceptional for the Dutch RF to be seen at a jetset wedding in public. Not the best idea considering the King and his wife already have the image of being jetsetty and 'poenering' (flashy with money).
Queen Sofia, King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie, King Willem-Alexander, Queem Máxima, the Crown Prince of Greece, the Princess of Orange, Princess Bestrice of York, etc., for the rest no celebbies so to see. I think the "jet set" is not applicable here. The fact that bride and groom are unknown says enough.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I suppose one could argue that all these people are part of the international jetset. Esp. the Greek royals.

All the flashy villa's, speedboats, cars, clothes etc. are not doing the king and queen any favours. IMHO they are by far the weakest spot that this couple has. This is a calvinistic country after all, culturally perhaps more so than religiously.

Beatrix and Claus could at least be respected by 'nette linkse mensen' (decent left people). It is much more difficult in this case. Apart from that, Wilders does not like the monarchy and his kind of voters are jealous of anybody with a penny more to spend. It is no surprise the support for the monarchy has been eroding. Only 65% now... It was not so long ago that the support was around 85-95%!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Sofia, King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie, King Willem-Alexander, Queem Máxima, the Crown Prince of Greece, the Princess of Orange, Princess Bestrice of York, etc., for the rest no celebbies so to see. I think the "jet set" is not applicable here. The fact that bride and groom are unknown says enough.
In society, and money circles, the couple is far from unknown. Flipos is a Greek shipping heir. He and his brother are among the many extremely wealthy Greeks who have moved into London the last decade. The bride is a well known jewelry designer. Her clientele includes royals, including Maxima.

Designer: Marianna Goulandris | ModekoninginMaxima.nl
Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
You are right... It was just spontaneous from me....I was shocked by the pix

Closed Thread

Tags
general news, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima