The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events 3 (April 2007 - May 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Máxima is awarded the Machiavelli Award 2011 due to her communicative skills with all layers of society and thus enhancing the cohesion between the Royal House and the people while at the same time giving the Monarchy a fresh brush of paint....or rather a more modern face....

Previous winners of the Machiavelli Award were,ao,her uncle Pieter van Vollenhoven and the Inland Revenue Service,tante tax....:)

Queen Beatrix, Crown Princess Máxima and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander attended an extraordinary
meeting of the council of state (Raad van State) to mark the farewell of Mr. Tjeenk Willink as Vice
President in Den Haag today, January 25, 2012.

Tjeenk Willink had his 70th birthday and therefore retires. In his role as vice president he was a key
adviser to Queen Beatrix. He coached the integration of Máxima from 2001 to 2004 and has largely c
ontributed to the education of Willem-Alexander. He is also godfather of Princess Amalia, so the ties
to the royal family are quite close.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** dpp: Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima at farewell meeting of Tjeenk Willink **

** pp: La princesse Maxima met sa plus belle couronne de fleurs pour un pot de départ **

Last edited:
I have a weak spot for the hat, something that Queen Juliana or princess Beatrix could have worn in the 60-ties.

Nice to see that they all turned up for the farewell of mr. Tjeenk Willink (who is a godfather of Princess Catharina Amalia).

HM The Queen hosted a reception in the frame of the annual Ambassadors Conference,Noordeinde Palace,The Hague january 26th.

All Dutch Ambassadors,Representatives at International Organisations and Consuls-General were present at this annual meeting organised by the Foreign Office.

HRH Princess Máxima was in attendance.

The Princess will receive the Machiavelli Award 2012 on wednesday at Press center Nieuwspoort,The Hague.HRH The Prince of Orange and uncle Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven ( who previously received the Award-) will be in attendance.

The Princess receives the Award for her exceptional communicative skills during the past ten years as Princess of The Netherlands.

The Machiavelli Foundation aims at stimulating discussions and activities in the field of public communication.

Last edited:
The Princess will receive the Machiavelli Award 2012 today at Press center Nieuwspoort,The Hague.HRH The Prince of Orange and uncle Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven ( who previously received the Award-) will be in attendance.

The Princess receives the Award for her exceptional communicative skills during the past ten years as Princess of The Netherlands.

The Machiavelli Foundation aims at stimulating discussions and activities in the field of public communication.

Because of the Machiavelli Award,Dutch NOS tv will air the documentary "Máxima,portrait of a Princess" at 16.00PM Ned1 this afternoon.It highlights the Princess in career and motherhood.:)

The Machiavelli Award,The Hague february 8th.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=08-02-2012%20The%20Hague

courtesy PPE

Last edited:
Winter holidays in Lech next week,photo-shoot!:)

Crown Princess Máxima received the Machiavelli prize 2011 in Den Haag today, February 8, "for
outstanding communication skills over the last ten years in her work as a princess". Crown Prince
Willem-Alexander and Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven were present as well:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

Last edited:
They both are looking quite polished and fresh in these photos, thanks for posting!

I love WA's tender arm around Maxima during the ceremony, so touching!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the Machiavelli Award,Dutch NOS tv will air the documentary "Máxima,portrait of a Princess" at 16.00PM Ned1 this afternoon.It highlights the Princess in career and motherhood.:)

In her speech the Princess emphasized that it was all due to team work that she couldn't have done it without the team consisting of her husband & mother-in-law and that it is very much their Award as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown Princess Máxima and Princess Mabel attended a concert of the Dutch Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
at the Barbican Theatre in London on May 20, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Sadly she wasn't able to borrow an iron from Mabel.

But good to see them together, and it must be nice for Mabel to have some disctraction.

It's really wonderful to see Mabel again.
I will always appreciate how the entire family closed their ranks to support Mabel and the girls in these difficult times.

I know this might not be exactly the right thread here - but nevertheless.
Just saw the pictures of Pr. Maxima attending the Royal Concertgebouw orchestra in London - and Pr. Mabel was there too.
The Benelux Royals Message Board: Pr. Maxima & Mabel @Concert in London
I have to confess i was almost shocked when I saw Mabel - she looks extremely thin and really frail. I am so sorry for her and the family and would like to express my symphathy in this difficult situation.

I'm glad to see Mabel and Maxima attending an event together after what Mabel is going through in these months.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Margriet will jointly take the salute at the Binnenhof,The Hague today during the Veterans Day ceremonies.

Today,Veterans Day,we honour the hundred thousand veterans alive from WW II,the Korean War and all missions since,till this present day.

Originally celebrated on may 5th with a parade,the celebration was moved to what was the birthday of the late Prince Bernhard,june 29th,or the saturday close to that.Today.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Margriet will jointly take the salute at the Binnenhof,The Hague today during the Veterans Day ceremonies.

Today,Veterans Day,we honour the hundred thousand veterans alive from WW II,the Korean War and all missions since,till this present day.

Originally celebrated on may 5th with a parade,the celebration was moved to what was the birthday of the late Prince Bernhard,june 29th,or the saturday close to that.Today.
Is it the 1st time that Princess Margriet take part in the Veterans Day, lucien? I could only remember seeing pictures of her husband did before, but never see the Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom