The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse driving. :ROFLMAO:

No matter if this was just for a nice picture, this is a PR error. I've been riding my whole life and the first thing you learn is that you have to wear a helmet at all times because horses are flight animals and you never know what happens.

Also, the Netherlands has a huge amount of people who ride horses as a hobby and for professional reasons and are very much aware of the importance of a helmet. This does not go unnoticed.

These girls are young but all three of them, just like their parents, have to set an example. Wearing a riding helmet is hardly an effort.

If I'm actually going to nitpick here, I'd tell them to wear their in a ponytail or a knot. Loose hair is considered dangerous and not neat.

It was for a picture. We can be sure that the three Princesses will wear appropriate headgear when horsedriving indeed. When they would have worn their helmets and the hair in a ponytail, then the criticism would have been that the Princesses were unrecognizeable or something. Let us not become a nanny state. Queen Beatrix was filmed while riding in full speed on her horse: no helmet in sight. The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima idem dito. See picture.

And it's simply not safe. Anybody who has ever ridden a horse knows this. It's not for nothing that riding (or merely sitting on a horse) without helmet is forbidden on many stables.

I get that it's just for a picture, but from the point of view of those who know better, it's not smart. In fact, it has already caused much discussion on social media and it wasn't positive.

Yes, so? It's still not a very intelligent thing to do, not even for a Queen.

I've fallen off quite a few times where I was thanking my lucky stars I was wearing a helmet. When a horse starts bucking, throws you off and you land head first on solid, hard ground, that helmet is a lifesaver.

It was for a picture. We can be sure that the three Princesses will wear appropriate headgear when horsedriving indeed. When they would have worn their helmets and the hair in a ponytail, then the criticism would have been that the Princesses were unrecognizeable or something. Let us not become a nanny state. Queen Beatrix was filmed while riding in full speed on her horse: no helmet in sight. The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima idem dito. See picture.

Why are you sure that the girls wear helmets/caps when riding when in the same paragraph you provide examples that their grandmother and parents don't?

Anyway, hopefully the discussion on social media will raise awareness for others...:flowers:

PS. if the public only recognizes the princesses when they wear their hair exactly the same everytime, it might be an indication that the princesses are not seen in public enough...

The queen of England rides without a helmet.

with cap:
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/459673814-queen-elizabeth-ii-riding-at-sandringham-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QbA%2FGMP3mF%2BYRx%2Bp7Cq497oGM56WlGVuyKytbDWc7B1pBcKmEDCpwLHaJOzxvRJghg%3D%3D
;) but i know there are more pics of her without

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you sure that the girls wear helmets/caps when riding when in the same paragraph you provide examples that their grandmother and parents don't?

[...]

Because no any manège (I assume the Princesses learn to ride horses there) accepts practice without helmets.

Having said that, here a picture of a girl in Brabant training without protection: picture, girls ponyriding on the island of Ameland without protection: picture, and even a dude horsejumping with just jeans on: picture

The Princesses can fall from their bike, they can fall from their horse, they can fall from the Groene Draeck, pfff... that is life. Let them discover.

The Princesses can fall from their bike, they can fall from their horse, they can fall from the Groene Draeck, pfff... that is life. Let them discover.

Myes, at least the parents have not become overprotective after the recent tragedies in the family... :flowers:

Column by dutch royalty watcher Marc van der Linden inspired by the recent picture of the princesses with a little bit more info on the horse-history of the Oranje-family
Paardenmeisjes - Royalty Online

translated

Last edited:
Princess Alexia broke her right thigh while skiing in Lech, Austria. She was transported to a hospital by helicopter and she's having a surgery at the moment.

Oh no! A thigh bone is a very hard bone to break to it must have been a very serious accident. Poor baby.

Yeah, that's seriously bad luck!
Fortunately children tend to recover fast and without too many complications.

Poor mite, hopefully she recovers well. Even for a child, not a good bone to break.

oh sad news about Alexia. Hopes she'll be felling better soon.

Hoping for a quick recovery for Alexia and no complications. Poor thing!!

Oh, poor Princess Alexia, I hope she has a quick recovery and that her surgery is successful. Her injury sounds very painful, skiing can be a dangerous sport.

Like her mother just before her wedding I remember !

poor alexia, that sounds like a bad injury.

Like her mother just before her wedding I remember !

oh, i couldn't remember this, but yes, i believe maxima had to attend some pre-wedding events in crutches?

MAXIMA ZORREGUIETA BREAKS HER LEG ON HER FIRST FOREIGN VISIT WITH THE DUTCH ROYAL FAMILY

She broke her leg in June 2001, when she went with WA to Sweden for the King and queen's wedding anniversary. She wasn't still on crutches the following February for her pre-wedding.

thanks! i also googled it and found this picture of maxima in crutches in milan for what it looks to be a holiday in 2001, so i guess it was shortly after.

https://es.pinterest.com/pin/493073859183457968/

Max broke her leg in two places above the ankle, and had surgery following her return to the Netherlands. She wasn't on crutches in the end of August for Haakon's wedding so the trip to Italy was sometime in July or August.

Princess Alexia broke her right thigh while skiing in Lech, Austria. She was transported to a hospital by helicopter and she's having a surgery at the moment.

Not the type of news I want to see first time checking in this weekend. :(. Poor Alexia. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The news has now hit the foreign press.

Dronning Maximas datter kvæstet i skiulykke | BILLED-BLADET

BB writes that Alexia has broken her upper right thighbone.

Does the Dutch pres confirm that?

That's an unusual place for a child to break a bone. Wonder if she hit a tree?

I was thinking the same thing. It's usually pretty hard to break a femur unless there's a lot of force involved. Poor girl, but at least she managed to avoid a more devastating injury.

Not only unusual, but not a great place for a bone broken badly enough to need surgery. I hope she is doing well, poor little kid!

I was thinking the same thing. It's usually pretty hard to break a femur unless there's a lot of force involved. Poor girl, but at least she managed to avoid a more devastating injury.

Indeed.
It's better to break a leg, than a spinal or head injury or trauma to the abdomen or chest.

The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-p...

It's also easier for a kid to heal a broken bone quicker than an adult. My friend's had a spiral fracture of his leg when he was 11 and the doctor said if adult had the same type of injury it would take a long time to recover but he got off with just a cast and didn't need pins or plates put in.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom